Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Together at Christmas ❯ A Short Term Solution ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together At Christmas
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. (DIE LAWYERS!)
 
A/N: Hi, Hi everyone! Thanks for all the reviews I've gotten. And I promise as soon as the holiday season is over I will work on finishing “Ninja Resort Sleepover”. It's been sitting on my hard drive gathering dust, I really need to finish it ><. But anyway, please enjoy! ^_^
_______________________________________________________________ _________
Sasuke stood for a minute just staring at the shivering girl on his bed, fighting with the decision he had just made. Why do these things always have to happen to him? Why oh why did he have to find her? Why did that stupid storm door have to open? He studied Hinata for a moment. Her face was paler than usual and no doubt she was suffering from hypothermia. Her small figure was shaking in the soaking wet clothing that clung to her skin. He took a step towards the bed hoping that she would wake up and be able to remover her own clothing. He came to the side of the bed and took a deep breath.
 
Her reached over and unbuttoned the thin blue wool knit sweater and removed it from her shoulders to show that she was wearing a button up wool nurses outfit. She had probably come from her part time job at the hospital. {A/N: I know Hinata's not a nurse but I needed something to work with bear with me people} He slowly began to unbutton the top buttons.
 
 
But as soon as he had gotten to the fourth button, he heard a small moan come from Hinata and looked up to see two lavender eyes staring at him. He quickly moved away from the bed. “Hinata-chan! How long have you been awake?”
 
 
“Uchiha-sama, where am I and what were you doing?” Asked the very confused girl. “I was, well you see, I was, well um, I found you outside in the snow, and you were unconscious and your clothes were soaking wet and I was well, I wasn't going to do anything, I just needed to um”
 
 
Hinata looked at him for a few minutes before the whole thing sank in. When she finally figured it out all the blood in her body seemed to rush to her face. “Oh, um, that's alright Uchiha-sama, I can, I'm alright.”
 
 
“Great, here” he responded handing her a sweat shirt and a pair of slacks “You should change into these” He left the room and headed down stairs where he prepared two cups of hot chicken broth and a few rice balls, for himself and Hinata. As he carried the tray upstairs his mind once again wandered to the thought of why the young kunoichi was out in the middle of the storm. He planned to ask her as soon as he could.
 
 
He entered the room to see that the bedcovers had been changed. He looked around and saw Hinata sitting in one of the chairs by the fire and her wet clothes and the bed covers lay besides the hearth of the fire apparently drying. Hinata was staring at the flames as they danced on the wood. Sasuke walked up behind her and set the tray down on a small side table that say between the two chairs, causing the unaware Hinata to jump in surprise.
 
 
“Uchiha-sama! You scared me.” She said bringing her attention away from the flames and on to the man who had just saved her life. She watched as he walked around the chair beside her's and sat down. He reached for one of the mugs and held it towards her. “Here” he said in his toneless voice. “Drink this, it'll help keep the chill off” Hinata took the mug as she muttered her thanks, and took a long sip of the warm salty liquid. She watched as Sasuke picked up the other mug and began drinking from it. He stared at the fire for a few minutes before setting his mug down.
 
 
“Hinata-san, I need to ask you a question.” He said turning so he could face her. Not waiting for her response he continued “Why were you out so late on a night like tonight?” Hinata went silent, this was her problem she shouldn't worry Uchiha-sama with something that really didn't concern him. She didn't want to burden him with her problems. “Well?” He asked in a tone that told her he wouldn't take silence for an answer.
 
 
“Well you see” Hinata began. “I, well my father, um, my clan, they well they um”
 
 
“Yes?” Sasuke persisted.
 
 
“My family was angry at me and they banished me from my family compound. They said I'm not allowed to return until I learn to be a better ninja.” She responded turning her head to the ground as tears filled her eyes.
 
 
Sasuke's jaw dropped. Her family had thrown her out onto the streets in the middle of a blizzard, at Christmas time? He had heard that the Hyuuga family's cruelty was legendary but this was uncalled for. “They threw you out at Christmas time?” he asked.
 
 
She shook her hung head yes and Sasuke noticed three small tears fall on the floor. “Do you have anywhere else to stay?” Once again she merely shook her head no as her tears flowed more steadily. He let out a sigh. “Here” he said holding out a box of tissues to her “Don't cry Hinata-san, we'll just have to tell Lady Hokage in the morning and she'll straighten everything out. In the mean time you'll just have to stay here tonight.”
 
 
For the first time in several minutes Hinata looked up at Sasuke. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying but she gave him a very grateful look. “Thank you Uchiha-sama.” She said looking him straight in the eye. “Forget about it Hinata-san. Now, I think it would be best for both of use to get some sleep.”
­­­­­­­­­­ 73;­­­______________________________________________________ __________________
A/N: Well this is it for now; I hope you will review soon. I promise to have the next Chapter out A.S.A.P!
 
 
Please Review!
Bio Uotani