Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, again! I know the other chapter was all cheap and stuff, but this time it's gonna rock! And don't get all sad cuz Sakura didn't cut herself yet! She will in this one! On with the drama!
Lights, keyboard, ACTION!!!!! Lolz..
 
 
 
 
While the trio was walking towards the door, their sensei was standing in front of them. He greeted them quietly and looked at each of them slowly.
 
“I see you came, Sakura.” Kakashi said especially staring at her.
 
“Feh…” Sakura responded, still mad her sensei.
 
“Now you all can officially apply for the chuunin exams.” He said making his students look at him in surprise. “The only way you could apply for the exam is if your whole squad was taking it.”
 
“Before you said we could take it if we wanted to. You lied?!” Sakura spat out rather annoyed at the situation.
 
“Sort of. It is an individual decision. But the 3-man squads have to apply together. If I told you that, Naruto and Sasuke would force you to take it. You wouldn't want to take it from the heart.”
 
“Eh…? Is that so?” Naruto mumbled.
 
“But you all decided on your own and I'm proud. Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke. Well done.” Their sensei said moving away from the door.
 
“Let's just get this thing over with…” Sakura said pushing the door open. She stopped short when she saw a whole bunch of ninja standing/sitting in front of them.
 
“Hello peoples!” Sakura waved to them like she was a full-blown idiot. “How ya'll doin?!”
 
“Sasuke, you're here!!” A shrill voice of a fangirl yelled. It was of course, Ino, running to Sasuke and hugging him like he owned him! “I've been waiting forever to see you again!!”
 
“If you think turning Sasuke into a little piggy like you will make him fall in love, you're WAY off on the food chain.” Sakura said crossing her arms.
 
“Hello there, Sakura! Still trying to get goth to be the new thing?” Ino said, her arm still slung around Sasuke's neck.
 
“Sorry, I don't understand pig squeals.” Sakura smirked at her rival and looked her dead in the eye. “How would you like her Sasuke? Chopped or sliced?”
 
“You-!!”
 
“You guys are taking this exam too? What a pain…” Shikamaru said walking up with his other teammate, Chouji.
 
“There's the rest of the three stooges!” Naruto said looking at the other too.
 
“Stop with the names, you pain.” Shikamaru snapped back lazily.
 
“Sasuke's gonna be mine!” Ino said sticking out her tongue.
 
“Bite me, bitch.” Sakura replied.
 
“So everyone is here, huh? We found you guys!” Kiba said with his dog, Akamaru on his head.
 
“Um…Hello.” A shy Hinata said from behind.
 
“Ah!!” Sakura squealed quietly as she ran to Kiba and grabbed Akamaru. “Hey Akamaru!”
 
“H-Hey, not so rough!” Kiba said blushing as Sakura held his dog in her arms.
 
She placed him back on Kiba's head and turned towards everyone else.
 
“So all the rookies together again to take the chunin exams. How far do you think we'll get, Sasuke?” Kiba said.
 
“Confident much, Kiba.” Sakura said turning her head slightly. “Why so?”
 
“The way we've been training, there's no way we'll lose!”
 
“Heh! There's no way I'll lose to you guys!” Naruto announced pointing at them.
 
“I'm sorry N-Naruto…Kiba didn't m-mean it in that way.” Hinata said playing with her fingers.
 
“Huh?” Naruto asked but Hinata blushed and turned away.
 
Chouji suddenly walked up the Kiba and he looked intensely at Akamaru. He started walking closer but Shino stepped up in front of his way. “What?”
 
“Don't step on it.” Was all Shino said.
 
“You're gonna eat that?” Chouji asked getting silence from everyone except for Sakura, who was laughing out loud.
 
“You…you idiot!” Sakura said between laughs trying to calm down. “E-eat…it?!”
 
“Hey, you guys. Do us all a favor and shut up?” Some guy with gray hair and glasses said walking up the rookie nine. “You guys just came out of the academy, the rookies right? This isn't some field trip, you know.”
 
“Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know this was the geek squad room!” Sakura joked making the boy glare at her. “Come here to play chess often?”
 
“Just who are you anyway?!” Ino demanded.
 
“Yakushi, Kabuto. But so what, look around you.” Kabuto answered. “Those guys behind you are from the Rain Village. You shouldn't mess with them.”
 
“How many times have you taken this exam anyway, since you seem to know so much?” Sakura asked.
 
“Seven times. The exam comes twice a year, so this is my fourth year.” Kabuto said.
 
“So you must know a lot about these exams then!” Naruto exclaimed.
 
“But he never passed the test.” Shikamaru added. “Is this exam that hard? This is gonna be a real pain…”
 
“I guess I should give you guys some information about this exam, then.” Kabuto said taking out cards from his pocket. “With these Shinobi cards.”
 
“I've heard of those things. They're like dossier cards of all the info on any ninja you can get on. They're activated with chakra right?” Sakura explained.
 
“You're correct, little lady. This is a map of all the countries where the ninja came from to take this exam and how many. Why do you think they test us all together?” Kabuto asked.
 
“There was a treaty for alliance made between the Sand and Leaf villages. The other minor villages between our countries take the exam with us. It's because of the friendship between our nations, or something like that.” Sakura answered.
 
“Correct again. How do you know so much?” Kabuto let his curiosity get the better of him.
 
“I read a lot of books.”
 
“Do those cards have any specific candidates on them?” Sasuke asked.
 
“Why, have someone special in mind?” Kabuto said.
 
“I might.” Sasuke narrowed his eyes.
 
“It's no completed, but I have info on almost everyone. So, who is it? I'll take names, descriptions- anything.”
 
“Gaara of the Desert…and Rock, Lee while you're at it.” Sasuke said.
 
“You know their names? This won't take long then.” Kabuto swiped two cards from his deck and held them in front of his face. “Here they are.”
 
“Show it to me.” Sasuke said, the feeling getting intense. Kabuto flipped up the card revealing Lee.
 
“He's a year older than you guys. He's had 20 D-rank mission and 11 C-rank ones. His team leader is Gai. His taijutstu level has increased over the year, but his other skills aren't worth mentioning.” Kabuto started explaining.
 
“He got people's attention last year but he didn't take the exam. His teammates are Tenten and Hyuga, Neji. Next is Gaara.”
 
“Hyuga?” Naruto muttered to himself, tilting his head.
 
“Yes, Hyuga. I've heard rumors about him. His bloodline of the Hyuga clan is recorded as almost the strongest of them all.” Sakura said.
 
“Gaara has 8 C-rank missions and…wow! One B-rank for a genin is incredible. But get this…after every mission, he was never got one scratch.” Kabuto said fixing his glasses.
 
“How did he do a B-rank without getting at least a scratch?!” Shikamaru exclaimed.
 
Kabuto pulled out another card revealing a map of call the countries and the amount of ninja applying for the exam. He explained how all the ninja from different villages came to take this exam.
 
“Well, the Sound village was just recently made so it's a small country and I don't have much info on it. Even so, there are some powerful ninja here to take this exam.”
 
“I'm almost starting to lose confidence…” Hinata muttered bringing her hand up to her lip.
 
“It's too late to be saying that!” Ino scolded.
 
“So what you're saying is, all the people taking these exams are the best of the best this year?” Sakura asked.
 
“That's right. They're all like Lee and Gaara. Pitiless.” Kabuto answered.
 
Naruto closed his eyes and hummed to himself, trying to take all of this in. Sakura clenched her fist thinking about how hard this exam would really be. Of course, it wasn't gonna be no walk with Alice in Wonderland! ((A/N I know that wuz dumb but c'mon!))
 
I knew this wasn't going to be easy but…damn! If this is a test of strength, I'm totally out classed by everyone…But look at Naruto! This isn't like him. But, it's not like me either. I guess Sasuke was right. Sakura thought touching the bandages wrapped around her neck. A memory flashed in her hand and she gasped inwardly. That's right! I have Zakura now. She's all I need to survive…
 
Sakura's thoughts were interrupted when Naruto suddenly yelled out, “AAAAH!!!!” He pointed a finger out the crowd and put his other hand on his hip. “My name is Uzumaki Naruto!! And I'm not gonna lose to any of ya! Ya got that?!”
 
“That goes double for me!! I'll beat ya all down, bitch!!!” Sakura yelled also making pretty much…everyone pissed off! “Man, that felt good…”
 
“ `And I'm not gonna lose to any of ya'? You sure talk big for a small fry. And `I'll beat ya'll down bitch'? Can you actually say you two can do that?” Kiba said.
 
“Puh-leaze, doggy boy. I say what I mean cuz I know I can do it!” Sakura said putting her hands on her hips. “But don't take it personally everyone! It's the truth, so deal with it.”
 
All of a sudden, one of the sound ninja appears in the air with two kunai that he throws at Kabuto but dodges. Then some other ninja with a fuzzy thingy on his back comes in front of him and swipes a punch. Kabuto dodged it quickly, but his glasses broke!
 
“I see know…its-!!” Sakrua tried to say but then Kabuto started vomiting for NO reason. “What the fuck?!”
 
“He threw up!!” Naruto exclaimed running up to. “Are you okay man?!”
 
“Y-yea…” Kabuto muttered wiping the mess from his mouth. ((A/N ew….))
 
“Write this information into your cards. The sound ninja will definitely become chuunin this year!” The ninja with spiky black hair declared.
 
“…Yea, the say I sprout wings and fly…” Sakura muttered to herself.
 
“Quiet down, you punks!!” A voice yelled as a giant puff of smoke appeared in the room.
 
“Sorry to keep you waiting. I am the proctor for the first exam, Morino, Ibiki.” A man with many scars on his face announced. “You three from the Sound village! Unless you want to be disqualified, there is no fighting unless a proctor allows it. Got it?!”
 
“We're sorry. It's our first exam, so we got a little carried away.” The ninja with the fuzzy stuff said. ((A/N The hell it that thing?))
 
“You are only allowed to fight unless given permission. But you are not allowed to kill one another. Is that understood?” Ibiki said narrowing his eyes.
 
“This test if for girly men then?” The ninja with spiky hair said.
 
“Nah, that's just you. I wouldn't worry though. Lot's of men are gay. Check out Sasuke!” Sakura said smirking.
 
The examiners laughed and the ninja glared at her but stayed silent.
 
“We will now begin the first exam. I will give you numbers and you are to find the same ones located on the spot where the desks are. Then I will pass out the papers for the written exam.” Ibiki explained holding up numbers in his hands,
 
“Papers?” Naruto asked.
 
“Written…? D-Don' tell me-” Sakura said.
 
“A PAPER TEST?!?!?!?” Naruto yelled.
***
“Oh God help me please….” Sakura muttered under her breath. She just HAD to sit next to Gaara, didn't she? The day couldn't get any worse until she had to sit by some red haired guy with no eyebrows. What's up with that?! Great…now I get to sit by the stoic maniac. What's next? I get my eyebrows shaved off?!
 
“Listen up carefully because I will take no questions.” Ibiki said tapping the chalk on the board.
 
“I think Hell froze over…” Sakura put her head down and barely listened to what he was saying. All she heard was the tapping from the chalk and Ibiki's deep voice saying something. Then, she heard a cracking sound. Her eyes peaked under her arm and she saw Gaara's hand…twitching?!
 
“The hell man?” Sakura asked aloud making everyone stare at her.
 
“Shut up! There is a reason for this so just listen.” Ibiki scolded.
 
I don't even know what the hell this fool is talking about!! And Gaara's sitting here doing Bo-flex with his hand!! Sakura thought angrily to herself. She thought the explanation would never end, so she played with her pencil; pointy pencil. By accident she scratched herself, making a small dot of blood to appear on her hand. “That was amazing…” She muttered to herself.
 
Her eyes glazed over and a sly smile appeared on her face. It wouldn't hurt to try again, right? She lightly dabbed her hand with the pencil again and another dot appeared. She giggled. Sakura was…enjoying herself? Gaara noticed and tried to keep himself calm from summoning his sand. What is wrong with this girl? She took out a senbon needle and tried to stab herself when-
 
“Hey, pinky! Suicide isn't an option just because the rules seem a little hard!” Ibiki said breaking her out of her own world.
 
“…My fault.” Sakura said making Naruto and Sasuke look up at her. They noticed her hand and her neck. The blood was bleeding through the bandage…
 
“You have an hour to complete your exam. Begin!!”
 
This is bad If I lose control, Naruto freaks out, and Sasuke tries to cheat, we're done for! I can answer these questions easy but…what about the rest of my team? They're so far way! Sakura thought, jotting down answers after reading each question. She noticed Gaara was just sitting there looking blankly at whatever. What was he thinking?
 
“No way…” Sakura muttered to herself. There's no way Naruto can answer any of these questions! They just get harder!! And I'm sure he wouldn't know kenetics and the equations to do this. I can barely figure it out!
 
There's no way that fool's gonna get this! He better find some way to cheat real good or I'll kill `im!! Sasuke too!
 
Hopefully, Sasuke can come up with something to do…But Naruto's WAY to dense to figure it out… Dammit Hinata, help him cheat please!!
 
How the hell is she gonna do that?! They're gonna get caught for sure!
 
They can think of something! Hinata's a smart girl!
 
But Naruto's not! She'll need to explain to him what to do when she cheats and he may not even believe her!
 
DAMMIT!!!!!
 
You better pray he thinks of something!
 
I already am!
 
“Eh?” Sakura saw sand appearing around Gaara's hand. She also noticed that some of the ninja got caught and they were kicked out. Back to Gaara. What was he doing?
 
But then, something possessed Sakura. It was Ino!
 
Why thank you Sakura! It looks like your talents towards academics is the only talent you have!
 
WHAT WAS THAT BITCH?!
 
W-What's going on?! My jutsu…is faling?!
 
Nah, it's just weak. Now get the fuck OUT!!!!
 
Who are you?!
 
Zakura bitch, now start steppin' bitch!
 
AAAHHH!!!!
 
“Idiot…” Sakura turned to see Ino making a wide-eyed face. She stuck her tongue out and turned back to her paper. Thanks Zakura.
 
She saw Gaara playing with sand again. He covered his left eye with two fingers and kept his other hand open. More sand started to appear and than and…eye came up! And then he just squished it! Sakura gagged silently and turned the other direction. He picked up his pencil and started writing like nothing happened.
 
“Excuse me. I need to go to the bathroom.” Kankuro said raising his hand. He was handcuffed and a proctor leaded him to the bathroom.
 
He is SO cheating it's obvious. Gaara's a dumbass for glaring when he left. It shows hes gonna do something…
 
There's something peculiar about this Gaara guy…
 
If you're talking about his no eyebrows, I know.
 
I mean his chakra. It's…outta control! Not to mention the sand use!
 
Maybe he's-
 
-the vessel for Shukaku. I know you've heard about the Sand village's ultimate weapon.
 
Yes, I've read about the spirit too. So Gaara's a Jinchuuriki then…like Naruto.
 
We should keep an eye out for him…
 
Right.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So…how was it? I know it's early but…I just wanted to get it out of the way. They next chapter's gonna be long too so I'm just putting this one up now, so you guys can have the next one by Saturday! Aren't I nice? Plz review! And I wuv you guys!
 
OVER 200 VIEWS!!! OW!! I feel good! I knew that I would now!! So good!! So good!! Cuz I got some views!! HEY!!!
And what the hell is on Dosu's back anyway?!
 
SmilezPeepz is outtie!