Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed. So every time you hold me, hold me like this is the last time. Every time you kiss me, kiss me like you'll never see me again. - Alicia Keys
Yep, that's my song of the week. Sorry for being late; I'm just so damn tardy aren't I? Well anyways, I made this long and it took me a while to think of it so, YA!
 
 
 
Naruto got up to fill the cantine with water. Sakura watches Sasuke's pain stricken face and checks his temperature. Her forehead leans onto his. She already knew her normal temperature was 98.1. After doing silent calculations, she came to approximately 102 degrees. A shiver jolted her head away from his as she clutched her chest. When her breathing stabilized, she lay down next to Sasuke, nuzzling his neck. She pulled Naruto's jacket more up her shoulder and closed her eyes. Naruto came back and tapped her shoulder to make sure she was still awake.
 
“Sakura? Are you awake?” He asked. Her emerald eyes opened and stared into cerulean ones.
 
“Yea, I'm up. I'm just a little cold.” She replied.
 
Sakura was visibly shaking; just realizing how cold she really felt. Naruto pulled her up into his chest and she gladly embraced him. How could someone resist suck warmth? She drifted to sleep, not having the most pleasant dream. More like a nightmare!
 
-DREAM-
 
Zakura has been very quiet ever since, I don't know why…I wonder what she looks like. But anyway, I heard noises and assumed it was Naruto coming back. I turned around to talk but it was…Who the hell is this?! Some girl with odd baby blue skin and amber gold eyes stared back at me. She had so eyebrows but darker blue marks were above and under her eyes.
 
And her hair was even worse! I mean, it was freakin' navy blue too! With black streaks! She smiled at me and showed off her fangs; sharp ass fangs. All she had on was this brown dress that stopped midway on her calves.
 
“Who are you?!” I asked raising my voice. Her head tilted to the side like she was trying so act innocent with me. I don't think she understands me at all! What the hell is she anyway?! I repeated my question; her grin widened. My eyes widened when I saw her take out the 2 bladed scythe tied on her back and put it by Sasuke's neck. Her grin turned into an evil smirk making my guts churn.
 
“What the hell are you doing?!” I demanded trying to push the blades away from his neck. But her grip was too strong so she was able to keep it in place. I took out a kunai and stabbed her hand but no blood! The cut instantly healed but she moved her weapon away from his neck. We started fighting it out. I had to block all her slashed with a kunai; my tiny ass kunai! I mean, this is not freakin' right!! Where the hell is Zakura when you need her? The girl instantly stopped, looking at me with evil in her eyes. Her grin widened even more the humanly possible, showing off every fang she had. I could instantly tell she wasn't human and that she had more teeth than a normal person would.
 
I guessed she was distracted so I threw my kunai and I lodged in her neck. She gave out a shrill scream as she fell so the ground. She started turning to ash, which made me even more confused. Why did she appear out of nowhere like that and then just turn to ash? Maybe I lost too much blood… Naruto walked back and sat down.
 
“You okay?” He asked; I nodded. I turned back to the pile of ash, but it was gone! W-Where did it go?! Did she actually die and disappear??
 
Missed me?
 
I turned around but nothing was there. I looked at the horizon and saw that it was getting lighter. That means dawn was coming soon. It was nerve racking to sit here waiting for something so happen. I suddenly felt a chakra presence flare up and I warned Naruto. He nodded and turned to the other direction looking closely. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was-
 
Boo.
 
I screamed bloody murder. She took out her scythe so fast I barely saw. With one quick swipe, I was…I was…dying? I fell onto the ground. Naruto finally noticed and he picked me up. I couldn't utter a word. He looked up, probably at that girl and glared. He started talking, but I couldn't understand what he said. I turned my head to the girl, the horizon right behind her. The sun came out and I watched her scream in agony as her skin started peeling and burning. Horrible.
 
She fell into a pile of ash and the wind blew it away. I barely felt it though. Am I seriously dying? I felt Naruto shake me. My eyes turned to him, tears running down his cheeks. Even though I couldn't hear him, I could tell he was saying my name. Something warm was beneath me, going down my leg. Blood. My blood. I felt my eyes started to close everything going black except for Naruto. Is this really it for me?!
 
Sakura!!!
Sakura!!!
Sakura!!!
Sakura!!!
 
“Sakura!!! Are you okay?!” I heard Naruto ask me. I opened my eyes and saw that same girl in my face again. I-I think my rib cage just cracked open wider! Why do I feel like my lungs are about to burst?!
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
-DREAM OVER-
 
Naruto shook Sakura violently. In her sleep, she was thrashing and yelling crazy things like `You blue bitch!' and `Help me!' trying to get away from something. Her eyes shot open and stared into Naruto's eyes again.
 
“Sakura?” Naruto asked unsure of what to say. But all she was paying attention to was his blue eyes.
 
“Blue…Get away-” Sakura started but her breathing hitched and she started shaking like crazy. “AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
“Saku-Sakura?! What's wrong with you? Sakura?!” Naruto yelled over her screams; only making her scream louder. He looked confused at her reactions and decided to stay quiet and listen to her. Her screams started sounding like she was drowning, making him watch her more carefully. But it was hard trying to dodge Sakura's sharp nails and kicks.
 
His eyes squinted at the speck of blood on his black shirt. He stared at her mouth and saw blood spilling in clomps flow.
 
“N-Naru…to…it-it hurts…” She choked out and grabbed her neck. Sakura was struggling for air!
 
“Sakura, hang in there!” Naruto pushed her up into sitting position and a spasm rocked through her body. She coughed out the blood stuck in her throat and fell onto his lap. Blood was still trickling from her mouth.
 
Naruto unzipped the jacket and saw that her bandages were soaked. He blushed as he took off her netted shirt and bandages. He cleaned her wound with rags and wrapped her up again. Sakura succumbed to the pain and was now sleeping peacefully.
 
-An Hour Later…-
 
“Naruto, it's dawn. Something is bound to happen now. Stay alert.” Sakura said. Those ninja I sensed earlier are closer now…Hopefully our plan works.
 
A squirrel ran closer to them but Sakura threw a shuriken at it. It scurried away scared but then a deep voice startled them.
 
“You've been up all night, haven't you?”
 
Naruto and Sakura looked towards the source of the voice. It was the same Otonin from before!
 
“Do us a favor and wake Sasuke for us. We're here to fight him.” The teen with a fuzzy thingy on his back demanded. (I dunno what that is…)
 
“I already know Orochimaru sent you guys to attack us! And plus, it's handicap when there's 3 vs. 2! So get outta here dammit!” Sakura yelled.
 
The Otonin looked surprised for a second and then they all smirked.
 
“I wonder what Lord Orochimari is up to?! Zaku, you take the scroll. I'll handle the trash.” The same teen said and they all charged at them. They ran towards the two and set off a deadly trap.
 
Clones of Naruto and a healthy Sakura appeared in fighting stance. They started throwing kunai at them with explosive tags attached. The ninja jumped to dodge them but the real Sakura set off another trap. A log connected to a rope swung at them but a hole got blown right through it!
 
“How stupid can you get!? We won't be defeated by weaklings such as yourselves! Start working at it instead of bluffing!” Zaku said.
 
“How stupid can you get?!” Sakura yelled mocking his words. “Heads up, up, up!!”
 
The ninja looked up and saw it was raining millions of Naruto with explosive tags! Just when they thought it was about to explode, the clones poofed away. They looked down at the two in confusion.
 
“You idiots! I said look up, not down!!” Sakura yelled again.But before they could look, a flash of green kicked them all away. “Right on time.”
 
“W-Who are you!?” The sound ninja girl asked.
 
“I am Konoha's handsome green beast, Rock Lee!” Lee introduced himself.
 
“I see you found the squirrel I scared off. How'd you find us?” Sakura asked.
 
“I have already told you, Sakura. I will always appear when you are in danger. I'll protect you with my life!” Lee said giving the good guy pose and his teeth shined.
 
“Well, I was hoping somebody would come. I wasn't expecting you though. Thanks anyway!” Sakura smiled and turned to Naruto. “I told ya somebody would come help us. But no, you just wanted to get up and fight!”
 
“I was gonna fight whether fuzzy brow came or not!” Naruto declared crossing his arms.
 
“Yea right! I bet you couldn't even get past me!” Sakura mocked his movement.
 
“WHAT?! I can get past you no problem!”
 
“Psh! When Santa Claus comes down the chimney I'll believe you.”
 
“But he never comes down the chimney so that makes NO sense!”
 
“It does so make sense! Since he never comes down the chimney, I'll never believe you!”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Dumbass!”
 
“What's up with the name calling?!”
 
“It's not name calling, it's true!”
 
“Well, what is Santa Claus was real, then what?”
 
“There is NO such thing as Santa dammit!!”
 
“Um…we're having a fight remember?” Zaku asked.
 
“SHUT THE HELL UP!!” They yelled in unison.
 
“My bad…” He replied.
 
“Anyway, there's no such thing as Santa and that's it! Period!”
 
“I won't end this conversation until you give me a good reason!”
 
“If Santa was real, then I would've BEEN got coal in my fucking stocking!!”
 
“Damn straight.”
 
“WHAT!?”
 
“I believe in Santa…” Lee muttered.
 
….UTTER SILENCE….
 
“Can we just get on with the fight?” Zaku asked again. Every looked at him and nodded.
 
“Oh yea, sorry! So as I was trying to say before I got rudely interrupted-” Sakura stopped to glare at Naruto. “-Thanks Lee!”
 
“OK that's enough!! I'm gonna kill you guys now!” The fuzzy back ninja said.
 
“Konoha Hurricane!” Lee yelled kicking the ninja away.
 
“Naruto, I'll watch over Sasuke. You should help fight.” Sakura said quietly.
 
“Oh so now I can fight.” Naruto said annoyed.
 
“Aw shut up!” Sakura hissed back.
 
 
 
 
Yea, anyways- You like? I enjoyed this chapter a lot! Oh yea, and one of my readers…I think it was Naruto217…asked if this was a NaruSaku.
 
Well…I honestly have no clue whatsoever! I'm just going with the flow in the chapters and trying to figure that one out! Sorry…
 
SmilezPeepz I Outtie!