Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Truly, Desperately ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rock, rock the LMC! One, two, everybody GO! Toki wa kita, ima da sou summer da! Kikkake wa istumo mae no namida sou, hakari tebanasu mainichi ni iyakesurnara hayaku To where Kakero! - LM.C (Lovely-MocoChang)
 
I really just love that song so much! It's the ending theme for an anime called Red Garden. You can find it on veoh.com! Anyway, this time it's gonna be a Sakura POV. Next chapter will be normal. And yes, I am soooo evil!!! On with it dammit!
 
 
 
Okay…I'm hearing this guy yelling for no reason as I stare into the darkness. Oh, I wish he'd just shut the fuck up! I'm trying to fuckin' sleep! Wait a minute. Why the hell am I sleeping? I'm supposed to protect Sasuke dammit!! Oh wait, he's awake to nevermind. No wait again! He's not in control of himself! SHIT, I GOTTA STOP HIM!!!!!
 
“Sasuke…!” I say sitting up too fast. I fall right back to the ground and finally realize I'm not where I was a few seconds ago. Or minutes…
 
“Sakura?” I heard a femal voice ask me. I know for damn sho' that's not that sound bitch. It hand to be my favorite piglet friend.
 
“Ino…Ino!” I say looking into her light blue eyes. She sighed in relief and hugs me tight. Did I forget to mention that we're friends and she doesn't know I like Sasuke now? Okay…sorry If I didn't!
 
“Sakura!!” She exclaimed finally letting me go. “Oh my God, are you okay?! You passed out when Sasuke picked you up and then he just gave you to me! Is there something going on between you two? He said `Please take care of her, Ino.' I was like, whoa! He said fucking PLEASE!!”
 
“No way! We're totally mortal enemies now! And I'm fine. Where is he anyway?! I gotta stop him from killing anybody!” I answered.
 
“He already broke that guy's arms and is now kicking that girl senseless.” Ino said pointing in the other direction. I looked and saw Sasuke definitely beating that girl senseless. She totally deserves that ya BIT-
 
“Why isn't anyone stopping him?!” I raised my voice and get on my knees shaking Ino. “How could you guys just sit there and let him do that?!”
 
“I don't think any of us could stop him even if we wanted to!” Ino retorted shrugging my hands off. She pointed to Sasuke who was still beating up the girl, “Look at him Sakura. Do you really believe you could stop…that?”
 
“Yes, I can!!” I say being ignorant. Who says I can't stop Sasuke? Hell, who says I can be stopped by anything?! “And I'm gonna go it now!”
 
“W-What?! Have you done lost your mind girl? He probably bust your ass in like…3 seconds!” Ino argued grabbing my wrist before I tried to run away.
 
“No, I didn't lose my mind Ino. And there is no way Sasuke could bust my ass. He'd be in a coma by now if he actually tried! Besides, a few tattoos and the Sharingan can't scare me away!” I said snatching my hand back. Ino looked at me with disapproving eyes.
 
“Are you trying to prove yourself to Sasuke? I've heard what you did earlier this month…” Ino demanded looking at me indifferently. Wow, that really got me. I stared at her wide eyed and immediately looked away.
 
“…What would you now?” I mumbled crossing my arms defiantly. “It's none of your business whether I am or not.”
 
“So you are.” Ino said narrowing her eyes at me. “Oh, I see now. So Sasuke's asking for forgiveness in his own way and you won't accept it? You still think you need to prove to him that you're worth something?”
 
“Stay outta my business Ino!” I yelled making her flinch back. “Sorry…”
 
“You're just like Sasuke now! Cold hearted, selfish, and a total coward!” Ino yelled back, giving me her signature glare. Every time I get that glare from her, it makes me thing she'll suddenly kill me and I won't even notice until I'm in hell. I backed away trying to glare but I could only keep my face looking terrified.
 
“…Y…eh…” The words wouldn't even dare come out my mouth. I was completely stunned. Am I really turning into Sasuke? T-this isn't right at all! I wanted to prove to him, not be like him!
 
“Whatever happened to the sweet Sakura I once knew, I want her back!” Ino said standing up. I felt tears well up in my eyes as she took a step forward. Her glare got even colder…if possible.
 
“I-Ino…” I mutter under my breath. I suddenly got mad at this situation. My chakra flared up. It's all his fault! He made me this way! He made me do things I've never EVER wanted to do!! “I'll kill him…”
 
“What?” Ino asked.
 
“I swear I'll kill him. This is his fault. I'm not Sakura anymore…I'm just some girl who can't even take care of herself. Who the fuck am I?! I'LL KILL HIM!!!” I scream running towards Sasuke.
 
“Sakura NO!!” I heard Ino yell from behind. She was chasing after me! “Sakura, what the hell are you doing?! Sasuke'll kill you before you even try!”
 
“That's not my Sasuke!!” I yell back. “That's…not him!”
 
“Your Sasuke?! I thought you didn't like him!!” Ino said surprised.
 
“I…don't! But I hafta save him! Sorry Ino!” I lied. That was a damn lie and I knew it. I pushed Ino and she fell on her butt. “Sorry!”
 
I turned my head and saw her nod her head in forgiveness. I looked back to Sasuke. He was going straight for the fuzzy back ninja. “SASUKE!!!!!!”
 
He turned around and saw me running at him full speed. I saw a tint of amusement in his eyes. Did he think I was playing with him or something? His smirk turned into a frown when he saw that I wasn't going for the ninja, but him. I tackled him and we both crashed into the ground.
 
“S-Sasuke…” I groaned his name hovering over him. He glared at me furiously and was about to push me off him, but I held his arms down. “You have to stop!”
 
Sasuke snatched his arms away and pit his hands on top of my shoulders. Just as he was about to pull me off him, my tears finally fell from my eyes onto his cheeks. He looked confused at first but he didn't say anything. His grip on my shoulders lessened.
 
“Sasuke…” I muttered his name to myself. He looked so helpless. I know he couldn't control himself at all but…I knew he was trying to restrain himself somehow. He sat up still gripping me with little force. I saw him mouth my name.
 
I bent my head up to his; our noses touched. My cold lips softly brushed against his warm ones. The curse marks slowly faded and I felt him sway back. I caught him and heard him grunt in pain. “Sasuke!”
 
He started gasping for air so I rubbed his back. “It's all good now! We're totally good!”
 
“You're strong Uchiha Sasuke. He could never defeat you in your present state. Take our scroll and you let us go. For now, we're even. But if we ever cross paths again, we won't run or hide. Got it?” The fuzzy back ninja said dragging his teammates away.
 
“HEY!! Zakura says `Next time you see Orochimaru, tell him she said goodbye. He'll know what she means.'” I said relaying Zakura's words. He nodded once to me and disappeared.
 
“Hey, you guys okay?!” Chouji asked running into the clearing.
 
“Ino, you take Lee. Chouji and I will get Naruto!…Whoa, he's still asleep. Somebody should kick him awake.” I heard Shika say.
 
“Can I kick him first?” Chouji asked. I laughed quietly and turned my attention back to Sasuke.
 
“What… did I do?” Sasuke asked himself. I sighed sadly and decided not to answer. What could I say that didn't sound insulting?
 
“Everybody get down!! There's no telling what those sound ninja can do!” Naruto screamed flying to the ground. The ninja been left, ya dumbass! I would've yelled that but he didn't know so what can I do…
 
“It's about time the damn fool woke up…” I muttered. Ino snorted at my comment so I guess she was thinking the same thing. Chouji started poking Naruto's overgrown bump on his head with a stick.
 
“You really are a total idiot. And I meant you're the worst of them all.” Shika insulted Naruto. I'd saw to stop disrespecting him, but it was kinda true!
 
“OH MY GOD, SAKURA!!! Sakura, Sakura this is horrible! I mean…something serious has happened to your- to your hair!” Naruto screamed almost getting me paranoid. I though it was something realy serious!
 
“Oh, that's all. Well you know what they say! Desperate times call for desperate measures! It was the only thing I could do to escape…and you were no fucking help whatsoever! You got beat in like 2 minutes of the fight!” I scowled flicking my hair. It was a few inches below my shoulders instead of at my waist like before.
 
“So what's their story? What are they doing here?!” Naruto asked shifting his head towards Shika and Chouji.
 
“Well, they totally kicked ass longer than you did!” I said making them both laugh. Naruto scowled at me and turned his head away mumbling something.
 
I felt bloodlust in the air. My head turned quickly and I saw Ino glaring at me like there was no tomorrow. Eh? She's mad at me because I kissed Sasuke?! I tried to hug him but he grabbed me! Naruto jumped up and pointed at Lee.
 
“Hey, I know you! Fuzzy brow-!!” Naruto teased but I totally punched him in the gut for it. When did Tenten get here? Never mind…
 
“Don't call Lee names, ya friggin moron!!” I yelled as he rolled away. I stared at Lee for a moment and decided to say something. “Lee…thank you for protecting me. It actually taught me something valuable, so thanks.”
 
“S-Sakura...” Lee muttered almost crying. “It wasn't me who protected you…it was Sasuke. I got beat senseless by those Otonin…”
 
I felt Sasuke stiffen beside me. Of course, he didn't remember. And he didn't even believe that Lee got beat. “The lotus will bloom twice!”
 
“Sakura! If you'd like, I'll fix your hair for you!” I heard Ino say. I knew she would prattle on about me kissing Sasuke but whatever. I sat next to her and she pulled a comb and brush out of her pouch.
 
“Why would you carry beauty products in a forest?” I asked out of curiosity. “They won't help you in danger…”
 
“Forget that! Why'd you kiss Sasuke?! I thought you didn't like him!” Ino said.
 
“He wouldn't let me hug him!” I said truthfully. Only said half though…I won't admit my other reason.
 
“That's bull! There's more to the story Sakura.” Ino demanded. She knows me pretty well and I always edit my stories not to hurt other people's feelings.
 
“Well, I was sure as hell you weren't gonna do it so I did it for you!” I lied. Hopefully I'm a `damn good liar' like my dad says.
 
“You could've warned me first! You didn't have to kiss him for me- Sakura, you're bleeding!” Ino stated pulling up my hair. She kept touching my neck and saying ew.
 
“Ino, I've been bleeding since earlier. It'll stop some day…” I muttered looking at my hands.
 
“Some day?! You'll die if you don't stop it!” Ino yelled slapping my back. Oh shit, that was tender. I moaned in pain and flopped on my side. “S-Sorry…”
 
“I'm officially putting you on my stab list…” I mumbled to myself. I sat back up slowly and she gently finished my hair. It came up to exactly a few inches past my shoulder. “Thanks.”
 
“By the way Sakura…I remember earlier today Sasuke told me to take care of you. Answer me seriously. Is there something going on between you two for real?” Ino asked. I saw the intensity in her eyes. She really wanted to know so badly…
 
I sighed and gave in. “Before we got in this clearing, we were deeper in the forest. A guy named Orochimaru attacked us and he hurt Sasuke and I badly, Sasuke the worst. He was yelling and screaming in pain so I crawled over to him. And then…he kissed me.”
 
Ino stared at me in total shock and disbelief, but I saw a hint of relief in her eyes. “Oh my gosh…”
 
“I-Ino?” I asked getting kinda worried. All the emotions on her face led to relief. My eyes questioned her sanity. Then, she suddenly hugged me!
 
“Oh, Sakura, I'm so happy you and Sasuke got thing going on! I was worried really!” Ino squealed quietly. WTF? “Honestly, I really like Shikamaru and pretended to like Sasuke to get him jealous. Now you have Sasuke, yay!”
 
I stared at her bewildered. She…she PRETENDED to like Sasuke?! All those times I had to fake not liking him when she faked the whole damn time! Mutha- “At least I don't have to be scared about liking him without you killing me first!”
 
I looked up and saw Neji looking down at us like he was STILL so cool and shit. I stuck my tongue at him and he glared back.
 
“You are such a child.” Ino giggled. “Oh, my team's leaving me- the bitch asses- I'll see you later then?”
 
“Yea, if I live.” I said as she walked away.
 
“You better!!” She called back to me. I smiled and walked to my team. This is gonna be a long ass exam…
 
***
 
“Is that it? I only got three. Do it again!” Sasuke commanded Naruto. They were getting fish from the river while I made the firewood. They've been at it for only 5 minutes and they're already fighting!
 
“I could eat three fish myself!” Sasuke added.
 
“That's because you're fat.” I stated walking right behind him. He turned and glared at me. I rolled my eyes and turned to Naruto.
 
“Three fish are fine. Naruto get out of the water, we'll eat one each. Oh yea, and go light the fire Sasuke!” I said suddenly becoming the leader. Naruto listened but Sasuke trudged off to the wood.
 
“Here,” I said handing Naruto a big rag I kept in my pouch. He grabbed it and dried himself except for his hair. He shook his head like a dog and I got sprayed. “Naruto cut it out!”
 
“My bad!” Naruto grinned at me while we walked back to the fire. We waited until they were cooked in silence. When they were finished, we ate and I finally came to a conclusion.
 
“There might not be any Heaven scrolls left…” I said aloud. Naruto and Sasuke turned to me for an explanation. “…There were 13 scrolls to begin with and half the teams are looking for them. Plus, we've been out here for 4 days. If that wasn't bad enough, our scroll got burned. That's one less team that can pass, and we don't know if that 12th team has passed already! The exam could be over by now!”
 
“We have to make up for lost time and get serious starting now. The person we come across could be our only chance left to pass. I'm gonna get water.” Sasuke said leaving us sitting.
 
“Nap time.” I said lying on my back. It didn't burn as much as yesterday. I had complaints all day yesterday. This morning I vowed to keep my mouth shut about it to my teammates. It still burns though…
 
“We could probably forge one of my scrolls to make it look like a Heaven scroll!” Naruto suddenly said.
 
“Forge- Ah!!” I jolted up and immediately flew back down. My back and stomach felt like acid right now. “Damn…”
 
“S-Sakura! Are you okay?!” Naruto asked sitting me up carefully. I couldn't answer unless a scream came out first. I bit my lip until it bled and shook my head no. “What can I do!?”
 
“D-Down…” I muttered before shutting my mouth again. Another scream threatened to come out. He set me down gently and I rolled away from him. I started gasping and shrieking for air. Naruto tried to touch me but I smacked his hand away. “Away…!”
 
He backed off and just watched me. I calmed down after a while and told Naruto to just leave me where I was. I was laying on my stomach with my head resting on one arm and the other holding my stomach.
 
“Sakura!” I heard Sasuke call my name. “Naruto, help me carry her.”
 
They both took my arms and swung them over their shoulders. I felt like a lifeless doll being dragged around. They lay me on top of a giant leaf thingy and seemed to get calmer.
 
“Are you okay now?” Naruto asked, his voice cracking. I opened my eyes and saw his cheeks with lots of tears running down them. Damn, crying always gets me all mushy and stuff.
 
“Yes, now come here…” I whispered almost smiling at his child like face. He came beside me and I waved my hand for him to come closer. I dried his face with me hand and finally smiled at him. “Stop crying for me Naruto. If I'm not, you shouldn't either.”
 

“But you are,” His voice still cracking. Naruto touched my cheek and I felt my tears. I wiped them away but more came down.
 
“I guess I am…” I said dropping my hand from my face and closed my eyes. There was one more thing I had to say. “Sasuke?”
 
“Yeah?” He answered. I heard him right on the other side of me.
 
“You better not be crying either…” I muttered. He gently punched my arm and I could sense he was smirking.
 
“Stop talking,” Sasuke said. “Just rest for now. We'll leave in an hour or two.”
 
“Sir, yes sir!” I said opening my eyes. I realized Naruto was gone and I looked back towards Sasuke. He was expressionless, as usual. I motioned him to come closer and wiped a tear that brimmed his eyes. “Didn't you hear me? I said you better not be crying!
 
He looked dumbfounded and pushed me back down. “And I said stop talking and rest…”
 
I obeyed and closed my eyes again. “Sakura?” He asked.
 
“Yes?” I answered sleepily.
 
“Do you love me?”
 
“W-What?' I asked shooting my eyes open.
 
 
 
 
BWUAHAHAHAHAAA!! Cliffy! Wow…over 1000 hits! By the way, I already got most of my characters down for my upcoming story `Broken In Pieces'. It's gonna be TOTALLY WICKED!! -Incredibles
Anyway, could you consider reading a story called `Our Lives in the Hurricane Chronicles' by hello_lover??? Also you should read, `You're SELLING me?!'
 
SmilezPeepz I outtie!