Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Valentine's Day! ❯ Sasuke's date ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It didn't seem like any of you had any real opinions about the whole Hinata/Sasuke thing so I just went along with it. Please review!
 
-“So what are we gonna do now?” Sakura asked while waving to a happy shop keep.
 
-“Well, I kinda had something planned out for lunch and then I've got a surprise set up for later.” Naruto said.
 
-“Oh really?” Sakura said. “Okay, sounds good to me.”
 
-“Cool. Common, it's over here!” Naruto exclaimed and led her onward.
 
They arrived at their destination minutes later. They were back at the Sakura tree garden that Naruto had asked Sakura out at. They walked through the trees until they came to a huge Sakura tree with a picnic laid out underneath it.
 
-“Oh wow! This is awesome!” Sakura exclaimed happily and ran up to the tree. Naruto smiled and followed her.
 
-“I thought you'd like it.”
 
-“Oh, it's wonderful! Thank you Naruto-kun!” she said and gave him a hug.
 
*I'll never get tiered of this* Naruto thought as he hugged her back tightly.
 
-“Uh Naruto-kun, I can't breath....” Sakura squeaked.
 
-“Ah! I'm sorry Sakura-chan!” Naruto exclaimed and quickly let go of her. Sakura took in a couple of deep breaths and smiled.
 
-“It's okay Naruto-kun.”
 
They sat down on the checkered blanket and started to eat their lunch. Little did they know that someone was watching them from the tree that they were under. They ate in silence until Sakura's curiosity got the better of her.
 
-“So,.....are you going to give me a hint on what the surprise is?” she asked slyly. Naruto gave her a questioning look.
 
-“What? You're already curious?” he asked and chuckled.
-“I can't help it! Surprises drive me crazy!” she chuckled
 
-“I would give you a clue, but it'd make it so obvious that you'd guess it. And that's no fun.” Naruto stated and took a bit of his sandwich. Sakura frowned.
 
-“Fine, be that way.” she pouted sarcastically.
 
They ate in silence with the odd comment here and there.
 
(Meanwhile, in the tree.....)
 
*Oh this is just great! I'm stuck in a tree with Sakura and Naruto eating underneath it and I don't think I can sneak away without either one of them noticing me!* Sasuke mentally complained. *Why did I have to go and fall asleep anyway?!*
 
(About 40 minutes before.....)
 
*It's still early, I guess I could go rest in a tree before I meet up with Hinata.* Sasuke thought as he walked into the Sakura tree park. *I don't even want to go out with Hinata. But that stupid Kakashi wouldn't leave me alone until he knew that I had a date for Valentine's day...What a bother........*
 
He found a huge tree and jumped onto one of it's thicker branches. He laid back against the trunk of the tree and closed his eyes.
 
*I'll only rest for a few minutes.....* And with that, he drifted off to sleep.
 
While he was sleeping, Kakashi came by with a picnic basket and a piece of paper.
 
-“It looks like this is the tree Naruto said he wanted the picnic to be under.” he muttered to himself and put the paper in his pocket. He looked up into the tree and smirked. “Well, well, well. Isn't this convenient.” he chuckled when he saw Sasuke fast asleep in the tree. *Oh well. I don't see why I should wake him up.*
 
He put the basket down and laid the blanket out underneath the tree. Once everything looked perfect, he looked back up at Sasuke. *He's gonna be late for his date with that Hinata girl..........oh well.* He took his book out of his side pocket and casually walked away.
 
(Back to present time.....)
 
*To make things worse, I'm late for my date with Hinata! Now she's probably going to think I hate her and start crying....God, I hate it when people cry,....especially girls...* He looked down at the couple who were almost done their meal. *Well at least they're almost done eating. When they go, I get to go too.*
 
-“You full Sakura-chan?”
 
-“Yeah, I'm stuffed. How bout you?”
 
-“Oh yeah. Let's go for a walk, sound good?” Naruto asked and stood up.
 
-“Yeah, sure.” Naruto helped her stand up and they walked away.
 
*Finally!* Sasuke thought as he watched them go. He jumped down from the tree and started running out of the park. *I never thought Naruto would get Sakura to go on a date with him.* Sasuke thought as he rounded a corner. *Although stranger things have happened.*
 
 
He got to Hinata's house and ran up the steps to her front door. He rang the doorbell twice and tried to catch his breath the best he could. The door slowly opened and Hinata poked her head around the door.
 
-“Hey” Sasuke managed to say in between breaths. She had tear tracks that ran down her cheeks and she looked very depressed. She tried to smile when she saw him and quickly wiped the tear stains from her face.
 
-“H-hey Sasuke-kun” she said softly and opened the door all the way. She was obviously very upset about Sasuke being late for their date.
 
*She looks so sad,.....I can't help but feel bad.* Sasuke thought as he watched her wipe the eyes again.
 
She was wearing a black dress with little red flowers that clustered at the bottom of the dress. She slipped her sandals on and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. “So um.....w-where are we g-going?” she asked softly and looked at her feet. Sasuke looked at her sadly.
 
*She's a wreck. If I have to go out with her, I may as well be nice to her. It's not like she'll tell anyone.* he thought. “Look Hinata, I'm sorry I was late to pick you up. It's not that I don't want to go out with you if that's what you're thinking.” Sasuke said and lifted her chin up so she was looking in his eyes. She blushed lightly and nodded. Sasuke withdrew his hand from her chin and gave her a little smile. “How's about we go get something to eat?” Hinata smiled slightly and nodded.
 
-“O-okay.”
 
So together, they walked to none other then, the famous Ramen Restaurant.