Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Vanilla Rain ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Vanilla Rain

By Marshmallow Scurrie

-=|.......................|=-

Last Time:

"My friend here tried to commit suicide and she's failing fast. SO CAN YOU PLEASE GET ME GODDAM FUCKING DOCTOR?!" He yelled, the nurse's eyes widened as she told her friend she'd call her back and paged any availible doctor who immediately rushed down the hall, took Sakura, placed her on a stretcher, and wheeled her off down the hall.

Sasuke and Naruto were about to follow when a nurse insturcted them to wait in the waiting room. Deciding that it was best not to argue, both boys followed the nurse to the nearest waiting room where they sat.. and waited.

-=|.........................|=-

An hour had passed with no word about Sakura's condition from the nurses or doctors and they were becoming more worried with each passing minute.

"Geez when are they gonna tell us?!" Naruto muttered as he paced around the waiting room chewing on his index finger while Sasuke just sat in a chair staring at the ground.

"They'll tell us.. eventually.." Sasuke said, keeping his eyes on the ground so Naruto wouldn't see the tears in his eyes.

"I know your crying Sasuke, you don't have to hide it." Naurto said as he gave up pacing and plopped down into a chair next to Sasuke and placed a hand on his back. "S'okay buddy.. Sakura's strong, she'll make it." he said reassuringly. Sasuke looked at the blond haired ninja and saw that tears were in his eyes too.

"Yeah.. she will." Sasuke replied turning his eyes back onto the floor.

Another hour passed before the doctor finally came in, "Which one of you two brought in Ms. Haruno?" he asked, Naruto lifted his head and looked at Sasuke.

"Sasuke did sir. He's the one that found her." Naruto said keeping his eyes on Sasuke.

"Well it was lucky that you found her when you did." The doctor said, Sasuke looked up.

"What do you mean by that?" Sasuke asked his voice quivering with held back sobs.

"What I mean is that Sakura has lost alot of blood and had to have a blood transfusion."The doctor said as he flipped through his folder of papers.

"What do you mean 'blood transfusion'?" Naruto asked since he wasn't familiar with medical terms.

"Well we had to give her blood from a person who has donated their blood of the same type so others in need could have it. Since type O blood is fairly comon around here we had plenty, but it would be nice if you two would donate blood." He explained. "Well I must be going, you two can go visit her now she's in room 437-D." and with that he started to walked out the door before Naruto jumped up and grabbed his arm.

"Can you tell us who's blood it was that saved Sakura's life? Please?" He pleaded, the doctor looked down at him.

"Well it's pretty confidential, but this person stated that she would like her name given out to those who asked." he replied looking down at his papers again, "His name is Kakashi but thats all he's given us and he's also in the same room as Sakura. We had to do a direct transfusion. Any more questions? No? Then I'll see you later." and with that he exited the room, Naruto's jaw dropped when the doctor told him.

Naruto looked over at Sasuke who was just as surprised as he was.

"THAT PERVERT WAS THE ONE WHE GAVE HER BLOOD?!" Sasuke yelled as he ran down the hall and into Sakura's room where he found her lying on her bed dressed in a light blue hospital gown, tubes coming from different places of her body, her wrists bandaged but he could see a spot of blood soaking through. In the other bed laid Kakashi who was busy reading his favourite book and never noticed that Sasuke was there.

"You...." Sasuke hissed finally catching Kakashi's attention, who only looked at him in response, "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I felt Sakura's chakra drop suddenly, and traced it to here where the doctor and nurses were scrambling to find a about two pints of blood, but since Sakura and I have the same blood type I volunteered to give Sakura my blood and viola.. here I am." Kakashi said as he put down his book and looked over at the still pale girl he saved, who only hours before tried to end her life because of them.

Sitting down in a chair beside Sakura, Sasuke gently took one of Sakura's bandaged hands and pressed his lips against it, they were alittle cold since the new blood hadn't fully circulated around her body yet. Unleashed tears that Sasuke had held back were now flowing down his cheeks, never before had he cared for someone else, other then his parents, the way he cared for Sakura now.

He had be so cold hearted since Itachi killed his parents and sworn to kill his big brother, not letting another soul into his heart until he met her, Sakura. Ever since he had first laid eyes on her, she had melted the ice that surrounded his heart, but he chose not to show it, not yet. But in the last few days he, Naruto, and Kakashi had put her through hell and he felt he was one to blame.

"S..sasuke..? A-are you... are you an angel? Am-am I in Heaven?" came a whisper from beside him, looking up he saw that Sakura was now awake and was smiling.

"No Sakura.. your not in Heaven." Sasuke said returning her smile.

Sakura was surprised to see that Sasuke was smiling back at her, but it made he feel good inside, it pushed away some of the negative doubts she had, had before. "Sasuke.. you-your smiling." She said as she tried to lift her free hand to his face, but pain shot up her arm and cause her arm to go limp.

"Keep still Sakura, you need you rest. I was really worried about you when I found you. Sakura I love you more then the Gods will ever know and I just want you to know that." Sasuke said as he leaned in and kissed Sakura's lips lightly, not minding that they were alittle cold, "Now rest. Your going to need your strenght." he said. Sakura nodded.

"I'm so sorry for everything.." Sakura said before falling asleep again, a content smile played on her lips.

Standing up Sasuke looked over at his teacher, "I have made a decision. I am going to go away for awhile. It won't be far, I'll still be within the Fire country limits, possibly near the leaf village. I just need time to think, and clear my head. Is that okay with you Sensei?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes Sasuke, you may take time to think, as long as you stay within the Fire country limits." Kakashi said picking up his book again, taking a quick glance at Sakura.

With the approval of his teacher, Sasuke walked over to the open window, took one last look at Sakura before jumping out the window onto the oak tree that was growing near the window. "I'm sorry too Sakura, maybe one day I'll return." he said as he jumped out of the tree before running to his house where he would get some supplies and leave.

Unaware of what had happened, Naruto burst into the room bearing get well presents for Sakura and a little card for Kakashi, not noticing that Sasuke was gone.

Setting the gifts down on the stand next to Sakura's bed, Naruto looked around and finally noticed that Sasuke was gone, "Hey, where'd Sasuke go?" he asked completely clueless to what had happened only minutes before.

"Sasuke said he needed sometime to clear his head and think about a few things." Kakashi said without looking up from his book, but inside he knew Sasuke's true intentions, 'I can only hope that you can figure out who you are soon so you can get back to Sakura.' he thought as he glanced at Sakura who was now be watched by Naruto.

After packing all the things he needed, Sasuke rummaged through some papers before he found a blank sheet and a pen. Sitting down he began to write:

My dear sweet blossom,

Words can only begin to describe my love for you, I never knew what love was until I met you at Shinobi school. My heart was encased in ice, but your never ending love melted away that ice and soon love began to replace. Even though I still plan to kill Itachi, I want you to know that you'll always be in my heart. I am going on a journey to find myself and my true meaning for being here. I promise that I will come back, but if you chose to move on I understant. I just want you to know that I'll love you forever and always.

Yours forever,

---Uchiha Sasuke.

After he was finished, Sasuke folded up the letter and headed out the door towards Sakura's house where he left the note on her bed along with a bouquet of wild flowers he had picked on the way over. Taking one last look at the village, Sasuke walked off into the woods never too be seen, until he was ready to face the world again.

-=|.......................|=-

A/n: Well boys and girls... this is it.. this is the last chapter of Vanilla Rain, but don't fret fair reviewers! A sequel is already in the works! I am undecided on the title right now but I have a feeling its going to have the word 'cherry' in it. Also I made this chapter extra long because well.. my reviewers a special and should at least get one long chapter outta me. ^__^

Jackee: *sniffles* that was so... so... sad?

Jennie: Oh shoosh!

***Special Note***

Alrighty my mediaminer.org fans... or what little fans i had... I have posted the original Fanfiction.net naruto fic so nyah... ignore the A/N's at the bottom.. they have nothing to do since this was written during August/September. Also look for a DBZ christmas fic! I know how much you loved watching Vegeta try to get revenge on the Easter Bunny and now its Goku's turn! BWAHAHHAAAAA!