Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, nor the Naruto characters.

AN: You know what even though the disclaimer you have to put is short, it annoys me a little....because everyone already know you don't own them. So you're basiclly stating the obvious. (sighs) Well anywho, I thought of this story after I watched one of TemaShikaxx's amvs called NejiHina - Wake Me Up. This story is dedicated to you! Thanks for the kickass idea! Love ya lots! (winks)

Chapter One

-------

"Naruto-Kun watch out!" Hinata bellowed as she pushed him out the way of an attack. Naruto skidded across the ground, and collided with a tree. He stood up weakly, and rubbed his eyes; his heart stopped beating for a split second as his gaze met the scene he thought he'll never have to see. Orochimaru chuckled as his Hidden Shadow Snake Hand Jutsu pierced Hinata through her chest. Blood trickled down the corners of her mouth as she held on to Orochimaru's right wrist, and sent a serge of chakara into his arm cutting off his chakara flow. He jumped back as his right arm went limp; even though he couldn't preform any more jutsus that malicous grin still dwelled on his face.

"Naruto next time I'll kill you." He chuckled once more as he disappeared. Without hesitation Naruto ran towards Hinata's side as she fell to the ground. Her mouth was opening and closing like she was trying to say something, but nothing came out. Tears started to form in Naruto's eyes as he held Hinata's body close to him. "I'm sorry Hinata!" He cried as his tears rolled down his cheeks, and dripped on to Hinata's forehead.

"Naruto...It's okay..." She said softly as her eyelids were half-opened, her trembling hands crept their way towards her chest as she healed herself with what little chakara she had left.

"Why Hinata?" He placed his forehead against hers.

"Because...I couldn't let a comrade die." She closed her eyes for a moment, and opened them again as she placed her left hand on his cheek, and caressed it softly, wiping away his tears. "Naruto...I've always admired you...During the Chuunin Exam you gave me courage, and I tried to change...An I did...I became stronger...Naruto I've always lov--" Hinata coughed up some blood, and started to take deep slow breaths. Her healing jutsu wasn't enough, she needed to be healed by Tsunade or Sakura.

"Hinata don't talk anymore! You're going to live, I'm going to make sure!" He sat up as he picked Hinata up, and put her on his back. Hinata didn't talk anymore she just placed her head on his shoulder as she felt like the world just stopped. She always wished that Naruto would hold her close, comfort, and assure her that everything would be alright. Even though she knew she wasn't going to make it; she was happy that she was with Naruto.

"Hinata? Did you mean what you said?" He asked with redish eyes he aquired from crying.

"Yes..." She said weakly. Naruto looked at her from the corner of his eyes, and averted his attention back to the road. "H-H-Hinata, when you're okay a-again would you like to go for some r-ramen?" He stuttered. Hinata eyes started to water after he asked and her tears started to seep through his clothes. "I-If you don't then th--"

"Y-Yes, I would..." She wasn't crying because she didn't want to, but she was crying because he finally asked her out, and she knew that she wouldn't be able to. Even though she was sad she wanted to giggle, but dared not to because she feared that she might cough up more blood. She wanted to giggle because Naruto stuttered because of her, she never thought that would happen, but it did.

"Y-You would?!" He yelled by accident; old habits die hard. Hinata slightly cringed from the noise radiating from the blonde. He then gasped, and whispered. "Sorry."

"It's okay..." She said lightly closing her eyes as she inhaled deeply.

-------

Hinata sits in a white room with her hands clasped together. A lovely melody escapes her lips as her hands rests peacefully on her lap. She wore a silky white dress, which loosely clung to her curvey body. Her straight short black hair draped her ears, her bangs hung over her forehead, and covered her eyes a little bit. A clock in the background could be heard ticking as the time went by.

-------

"Tsunade-Sama, Ino & I are back from returning the priceless jewels back to it's rightful owner." Sakura said as she handed her report in, and disppeared.

"It appears all the 2 man groups have returned....Wait no....Where's Uzumaki Naruto & Hyuuga Hinata?" Tsunade asked while she looked at the other teams report.

Heavy footsteps could be heard rushing towards Tsunade's room. She narrowed her eyes at the door as she watched Kotetsu & Izumo nearly break down her door. Their breaths were heavy as they stared Tsunade straight in the eyes. "We have a problem." They said in between breaths. Without a second of hesitation she arose out of her seat, and quickly followed the two Chuunin. They were nearing Room 2-A operation room. Her gaze froze as she watched Naruto sitting with his face craddled in his hands.

"Where's Hinata?" She asked fearing the worst. The blonde headed boy, looked up at her with redish eyes. He was about to say something, but the words wouldn't come out. His whole body trembled as he blamed himself. If he wasn't so reckless, maybe, just maybe she would be right by him stuttering shyly, pressing her delicate pointer fingers together, while doing that adorable blush she always wore just for him.

"Where is she?! Where is she?!" A stern voice bellowed down the hall. Naruto clenched his jaws as he knew who voice it was. It belonged to Hyuuga Hiashi, and a few steps behind him were Hyuuga Nej ; Hinata's cousin, and Hyuuga Hanabi; Hinata's little sister. "Is Nee-Chan okay?" Hanabi asked. Her skin was paler than usual, and her lavender eyes, that resembled Hinata's were now turning into a rubish color from crying.

He could feel Hiashi & Neji's blazing glares resting on him. He could feel their hate for him grow by the minute as they stood by Tsunade bombarding her with questions. Shizune rushed out the Operation Room as she grabbed Tsunade's hand. "Tsunade-Sama, she's going through cardiac arrest!" The two Medic-Nins rushed into the room. Tsunade's voice could be heard giving orders. The beeping sound of the machine, was driving him crazy, the shouts of the medic-nins panicing made him tremble with guilt, and the stares of hatred from the Hyuuga's standing beside him made him wish it was him in the operation room instead.

"Naruto what happened?...." Neji asked trying with all his might to stay calm.

"........." Naruto stayed quiet while his down casted eyes looked as if no one was there.

"Boy did you hear him?!" Hiashi boomed which made Naruto flinch a little.

"S-She took a blow for me......" Tears started to seep from his eyes as his head started to throb. "I-I'm sorry...It's my fa--ult....it's all my fault...." He choked out between sobs. Hiashi & Neji's glare softened a little, but they still kept their stern look. Hanabi hesitantly sat by Naruto, and rubbed his back. She was holding back her tears that were threatening to fall, but it failed. They slowly trickled down, and landed on her legs.

The door opened slowly as Tsunade came back with Shizune. Her eyes were solemn, and her smile that always played upon her lips was nowhere to be found. "Hyuuga Hinata is--"

AN: (sings) Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifhanger! (hides) I hoped you liked it! I really tried my best in capyuring everyones mood perfectly. Gah, I really hope it turns out good. Oh, please read & review, and once again this story is dedicated to TemaShikaxx. ^^