Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, nor the characters.

AN: (hides) Okay, okay. I know the cliffhang was....How can I put it a bitchy move, ne? (chuckles awkwardly) Well let by-gones, be by-gones. (wears naruto's cheesy grin) Heh. Lets start the story.

Chapter Two

-------

Perviously,

The door opened slowly as Tsunade came back with Shizune. Her eyes were solemn, and her smile that always played upon her lips was nowhere to be found. "Hyuuga Hinata is--"

-------

"Hyuuga Hinata is--in a deep sleep...." She said as she down casted her eyes.

"So, Nee-Chan's okay!" Hanabi said gleefully. Hiashi let out a soft grunt as if someone has just stabbed him through the heart. He rested his right hand on his daughter as he shook his head. Hanabi looked up to be shocked by her father looking as if he was about to have cry. "I-Is something wrong? Isn't Nee-Chan okay?!" The girl ran to Tsunade, and tugged on the hims of the Hokage's top as tears were forming. "Please, tell me!"

"Hanabi, deep sleep is just another way to sugar code, the fact that Hinata-Chan is in a coma..." Neji said as he had his back turned towards everyone.

"What's a coma?" Hanabi asked while she wiped away her tears. Tsunade was about to speak, but Shizune placed her hand delicately on her shoulder. With a pasted smile, and a nod she told Tsunade she'll explain.

"Hanabi-San, a comatose aka coma patient cannot be awakened, fails to respond normally to pain or light, does not have sleep-wake cycles, and does not take voluntary actions. So, right now it's like she's taking a deep sleep, and maybe if she gets enough rest she'll wake up soon." Shizune said while she bent over so she could be eye-level with Hanabi. "Some people say, if you talk to people that's in a coma, that your voice will help guide them, and they'll wake up sooner." Shizune spoke sweetly as she lightly ruffled her hair.

"Oh...." Hanabi said with a weak voice.

"So, she's just sleeping......Nothing can happen to her, right?" Naruto asked while looking at everyone with tear stained cheeks, and redish eyes. Tsunade bit her lower lip as she looked at Neji. He understood, and he escorted Hanabi away. Her lowered eyes remained on the floor as she sat by Naruto. "In some cases, the person might not be able to wake up....and in other cases they die......" Naruto flinched at the words.

"Naruto, it's time that you head home." Tsunade said in a sweet voice.

"Hai..." Naruto head was in so much pain; it felt like he has been up all night drinking. He was lost in thought of the things that occoured today, he was angry at himself. He not only failed the mission, but failed Hinata. He wasn't able to protect his comrade, and now she might die, because he was reckless. Naruto was walking for awhile, and it wasn't until he made it half way to his house, that he realized it was raining.

He stood in the middle of the street as he gazed into the sky. The rain splashed ontop of him as he wondered. 'Is these Hinata's tears?......Is she crying, because I failed her?' He stood like this for awhile, until he saw a flicker of lightning. With a deep sigh he moved on. He didn't want tomorrow to come, because he knew he would be bombarded with questions. His gaze once again fell towards the ground. 'Kiba & Shino, are going to be devistated.....' Before he knew it he was standing infront of his door. As he finally entered his home he took his coat off, and tossed it aside, he did the same to his other articles of clothing until he stood in his boxers.

He leaned on his dresser as he looked at the Academy Class portrait. He gazed at how beautiful she was, at her shy smile, while she looked at him out the corner of her eyes. He never really noticed before, but she was always right there, watching over him, encouraging him to be all that he could be. 'How was I so blind....' He asked himself as he laid on his bed, and went to sleep dreaming about his comrade.

-------

"So...On the first night,a pebble falls to the earth from somewhere." Hinata sung as she walked around the white room with her hands clasped behind her back. A smile played upon her lips as she spinned around once and awhile. Her short hair danced in the air with each turn, and landed back in place after the spin was over.

-------

When the sun arose, and the news of Hinata spread through-out all of Konoha, people came and visted giving their blessings to the Hyuuga's. All of Rookie 9, except one who didn't show came, and sat by her bed side. Kiba's face was buried in his hands; while Shino's head was facing the ground. The door slowly opened, and a girl with lavender colored eyes peeped in.

"Hey, Hanabi-Chan." Everyone said in a sad tone.

"Hi...It's very nice for you all to visit Hinata's bedside. I'm sure when she wakes up, she'll be happy to know that you cared." Hanabi said with a slight smile.

"We've all known each other, since we can remeber.....It'll be wrong if we didn't come and visit." Sakura said.

"Yeah." Ino said.

"Where's Naruto?" Hanabi asked.

"Grr, I don't know but he better not show up!"

"Kiba, don't be troublesome..." Shikamaru sighed. "We're in a hospital."

"Sorry..."

Hanabi walked over to Hinata's bedside, and placed a thornless rose in Hinata's hair. Then kissed her forehead. "Hinata, I'll be back later on, k? I'm about to go help Neji." She said while she ran her fingers through Hinata's hair.

"May I go with you, Hanabi?" Sakura said as she started to walk out the room.

"Sure. If you all want you can come too." Hanabi said with a smile smile.

"Thanks." They said unision

-------

Neji sat in the garden with some other Hyuugas' as they planted Irises for Hinata. He made little hearts out of the flowers he gathered, and placed one rose in each batch of hearts. He sighed as he remebered the first time he saw Hinata. It was her birthday, he remeber the exact words. "She's pretty." Hinata was pleasing to the eyes, even though her skin was plae her eyes made up for it. Her demenor wasn't like the rest of the girls. She never swooned over the Uchiha boy, she always tried to find the good in people, and she always tried to better herself. While he was in deep thought he didn't notice the blonde blue eyed kunoichi standing behind him eyeing the flowers.

"Geez, Neji why didn't you tell me you were so great at flower arrangments?!" Ino chimed making him turn his head to look at her.

"Hn." He said as he shrugged.

'H-He just blew me off again!' She screamed to herself, while she kept her cheerful expression.

"Are these Hinata's favorite flowers?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah." Hanabi said as she picked up some flowers, and started arranging them.

"Here, Hanabi you can finish, I'm about to go straighten her room."

"Wow, you guys are really doing a lot of stuff for her." Choji stated.

"Must be because she's the heiress." Sakura said without thinking.

"No." Neji said in a cruel voice. "Yes, she's the heiress, but she's also family have you ever heard of that? Plus, she deservs this. She did the most honorable thing. She sacraficed herself for a comrade," He looked at Sakura from the corner of his eyes, and sent a death glare at her. "She was ready to throw her own life away to protect another."

"Sorry...." She said softly.

'Sakura, really did put her foot in her mouth..." Shino thought as he pushed his sunglasses up.

Everyone headed towards Hinata's room in complete silence thanks to Sakura. When they got there, they were amazed to see how decractive she was. Her room was sort of messy, but it was cleaner than their own rooms. "Hinata always had great taste." Kiba said with a smile. Neji closed the door behind them as he started picking up some articles of clothing.

While they was straighening up her room, Sakura came across some scattered books, with no titles, being curious she flipped through some pages, and read the most incredible poems she ever read. Some made her laugh, some made her cry, and some she could sympathize with.

"Sakura, you're being as lazy as Shikamaru." Ino sighed while she rubbed her temples. "Put down those books, and c'mono already."

"I-I was just reading some poems Hinata wrote."

"Poems?" Neji asked.

"Yeah, they're really beautiful." Sakura said as she skimed through the pages to find the one she loved the most. "Listen to this one."

"In the North there's a lady, stunning and singular.
One look confounds a city; a second look dooms an empire.
Rather not wishing to know, the ruination that may follow.
Rare beauty is here and now."

Everyone was stunned by how artistic the girl they knew since they could remeber was so talented, and they not even know. "I know what we could do for Hinata." Kiba said. Everyone turned their heads to their loud mouth friend. "We can get her poems published for her!" Light hmms sounds arose from them, as they mauled over the idea.

"That sounds like a great idea." Shikamaru said.

"Yeah, we should do it." Neji said.

"Alright, c'mon before Gakure Newspaper closes for the day!" Ino squealed, as they walked out of the room. The Gakure Newpaper was the most read paper, in the Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth lands. Once something gets published in that paper, it's instant stardom for that person. They all knew that Hinata would be very pleased, and they couldn't wait to see her expression when she came out of the coma. A piece of tape fell off of one of the books; while they was leaving the room, and it read: Dairy.

-------

The next day the Rookie 9 decided to pay Naruto a little visit to make sure he was okay. Of course, they nearly had to drag Kiba all the way. Well not they Sakura, had to drag him. Once they stood at his door Shikamaru tapped the door. "Naruto, it's me Shikamaru." He stated. No answer came. Ino sighed as she tsked tsked at Shikamaru.

"You did it to softly." Ino then pounded on the door as she screamed. "YO, NARUTO ANSWER THE FRIGGEN DOOR!" Still no answer, and everyone was getting tired. Without warning Sakura balled her fist up, and punched the door of its hinges. Everyone gulped even the passer-byers. "There problem solved."

When they walked in, shattered pieces of glass, and other dupree met their eyes. The water was running; the sink was full of water, and it now ran on to the floor, bowls full to the brink of ramen, sat on the counter. Seeing that made them know that he wasn't alright. Sakura hesitantly walked to the back of his house. The tv was on, and she could hear music playing.

"N-Naruto? Are you here?" She asked while the others stayed in the living room. A soft groan was heard from under a pile of books. She picked the books off the ground, to meet the eyes of a drunk. Yes, Naruto was drunk. His blonde hair had what appeared to be gum in it, he smelled like hard liquar, and his eyes looked like he had the sharigan.

"Naruto." Sakura said in a caring voice.

"S-Sakura?" He asked groggly.

"Yes, I'm here Naruto." She said with tears in her eyes. She couldn't bare to see him like this, it was bad enough that he always been depressed about not being able to bring Sasuke back, but now a comrade is in terrible condition. She wanted to feel the pain he was feeling, she wanted to be able to take his pain away, and she wanted to help him.

"Sakura, hows Hin-ata doing? I-Is she bet-ter? Is she aw-ake?" His voice was starting to crack. She simply bowed her head as she closed her eyes; trying not to cry. "N-No she's still in the coma." Naruto's eyes shifted towards the left as he let out an oh sound.

"I bet everyone hates me....I wouldn't blame them...I hate myself too right now....I should be where Hinata is....If I was paying more attention....Then maybe....None of this would of happened." Naruto curled up into a little ball as he laid his head on his arms.

"N-Naruto....Naruto!" She screamed as she knelt down beside him, and laid her head on his side. "Please don't beat yourself up....Please..." He looked at Sakura laying her head on his side crying. 'She's crying for me...After all these years of wishing she'd care about me; the way she did for Sasuke...All the time trying to win her affection, and being there for her...She finally care for me....but,.....I moved on....I can't believe how blind I was......I finally found someone that actually cared about me, and now they're in a coma....because of me.....' He sat up, and pasted a smile.

"N-Naruto..." Sakura said as she wiped her eyes, and stared into his blue eyes.

"I should get cleaned up......When Hinata wakes up....I don't want her to see me like this..." He said with a smile. Sakura nodded, and they both stood up together. When he stood up he noticed his friends standing in his living room gawking at him."Geez, Sakura you could of told me that they was here."

"Sorry, I forgot." She said with an awkward smile.

"It's okay." He said with a slight smile.

-------

"So...On the second night,the pebble's children hold hands and sketch a waltz." Hinata continued to sing as she gazes out an opened window as the breeze passes through the window, and sways her hair. Her lavendar eyes seemed at peace. She lightly bat her eyes while the wind sung its sweet melody to her.

-------

By late afternoon Gakure Newspaper had been distributed to every Shinobi Village. You wasn't able to walk down the street without hearing gasps, awes, and whoas springing from each direction. "Wow, they must really like Hinata poems." Naruto said as he walked with everyone.

"They should, she's an amazing writer! Here take a look at this!" Ino said as she bought the newspaper, and gasped at the title. "The Chronicles of an Heiress"

"Oh fuck!" Everyone yelled as they realized they accidently published Hinata's diaries.

To Be Continued

AN: I really hope you like it! I believe this story is going to be great, and I hope you read & review.

Hugs & Kisses

From

The Beautiful But Deadly Kunoichi Nimiko (blows a kiss, and gives a wink)