Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, nor the the Naruto characters.
AN: Please enjoy!
Chapter 3

-------

"Temari, why do I have to read this?"

"Gaara, you're the Kazekage," She said with a grin. "You have to know what's going on in all the Shinobi Villages."

"Hn." He scuffed as he tossed the paper to the side. Temari clenched her teeth as she kept her grin. She sat upon Gaara's desk, and crossed her legs. "Gaara....Remeber when I told you about the birds and the bees...Do you want me to re-tell it to you all over again?" Gaara sighed a no as he picked up the paper, started reading it. Temari let out a Ha, as she felt victorious, and left the room.

The Chronicles of an Heiress

First Entry; Dear Diary,
Today, I tried to change. Really I did, but maybe Neji-nii-san is right...Maybe a failure is always a failure. I asked myself "Am I truly good enough to be the clan's leader?" My mind keeps telling me no, but my heart tells me I should keep trying. I really can't stand the fact that each minute that goes by, my brothers, sisters, and comrades get stronger, but I stay the same. Like my father always told me "I will never amount to nothing." I remeber my mother's words, she said to me before she died. "Never give up. Reach for the stars, and never let go......Be the best you can be, and look for the best in people....Be strong, and always believe in yourself." She gave me so much confidence....Un-like my father. If my mother was still alive, things would be different. Maybe I would be a kickass kunoichi, and be able to make my father proud, but I guess I'll never know. Well until next time, Ciao!

Second Entry; Dear Diary,
I dare not say this out loud, but I feel so disdained.....about how the main branch treats, the branch house. Aren't we all brothers & sisters? What's the difference? Why do we treat each other so poorly? I can see why Neji-nii-san is so angry with us.....We practiclly en-slaved the branch house members. I hope things can change. So all the Hyuugas can someday, be as one. I still feel that I won't be a great kunoichi like my father wanted, but I'll try again, and again to better myself. I want to change the way my clan works. Even though I might get in trouble, I don't care. I'll try my best to help everyone, even if it means sacraficing myself. That's the way of a shinobi, and that's how I chose to live. Until next time, Ciao!

Third Entry; Dear Diary,
I feel ashamed. "I never heard of an Hyuuga being afraid of the dark." That's what a boy said to me, when we had to say things we're afraid of in class. Even though it pains me to admit this, he's right. There's no Hyuugas that's afraid of the dark. Well until now. You're probably saying, "You have the Byakugan, so how are you afraid?!" I guess it started when I was ten years old. My father was able to master the Byakugan by age eight, and Neji was able to master it by age five. So father decided to force the Byakugan to activate. For 9 hours a day after I came home from the Academy I was sent into the Hyuuga main branch basement, and locked down there; with the lights off. By age 12 I was finally able to activate the Byakugan, but not as well as the rest of the clan. for three years I was kept in the darkness....With no light, and only snacks Hanabi would sneak me. I guess the reason why my personality seems so....Uh what was the words that Naruto described me as.....Ah, a plain dark weirdo. I'm gonna try harder to over-come my fear! I...want to prove to the world that I can be a great kunoichi. I'll keep you updated about my progress! Until next time, Ciao!

Fourth Entry; Dear Diary,
I saw him again swooning over the Haruno girl. I wouldn't blame him. She's so cheerful, with emerald green eyes, which reminds me of m&ms', and her pink hair is just so viberant! I wish he would think of me like that. But, I know he never will. I feel sad when I tell myself he never will, but it doesn't hurt me as much as when I gave him a gift. On Valentine's Day I made Kiba, Shino, Kurenai-Sensei, and him a batch of cookies. Hanabi said the cookies tasted great, even Neji complemented them! I was REALLY nervous, but I swallowed my fears, and gave him the gift. I was so proud of myself! I stuttered on a couple of words, but I did it! I was on Cloud 9......But that didn't last long. Later on that day, as I was walking home with the biggest smile I ever wore in my entire life. That's when I saw it....He snatched the name tag off, and gave the cookies I made for him to Sakura...I was so heart-broken.....I knew this was to good to be true......I knew from that moment on that he'll never noticed me....Well, I'm feeling tired, so I'll go to sleep for now. Until next time.....Ciao....

Gaara looked the paper over, trying to see if there were anymore entries. He rubbed his forehead as he scowled at the newspaper. For some odd reason he was intriged by it. He tore the newspaper in half, and tossed it aside. "Pointless..." He stated.

-------

"Naruto, you actually said that to Hinata?!" His friends yelled at him.

"I-I didn't--I mean--I wasn't thinking!"

"Calm down....You must remeber we're dealing with 'Naruto'" Shikamaru sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"Hinata...I never knew she.....She was in so much...." Ino said as she cuffed her mouth as she read the paper.

"I gotta go..." Neji said as he walked off. He felt guilt, not just because he accidently published Hinata's diary, but the fact that his words effected her so badly. He knew she lacked confidence, and he took advantage of it. He was an asshole, even though he really didn't mind being by her, she was from the main branch. The branch that pratically enjoys making the house branch suffer. He didn't notice were he was going, and ended up standing infront of Hinata's hospital room. He was hesitant, but he decided to go in. Over the days, her hair had grown; it was now past her shoulders, but for an Hyuuga's hair grows fast. They had to get it cut every five days. Neji gently closed the door, and locked it so no one would intrude.

"Hinata," He whispered. "I'm so sorry......Please forgive me......Please!" He sat by her bedside, and placed his head on her right arm. "I never meant to hurt you. I was such an asshole to you, and none of it was your fault. I-I'm sorry...Just wake up.....Please.....Wake up....If not for me then for Hanabi, and your friends!"

-------

"Sound life." Hinata hair has grown, but she paid no attention. Her dress fluttered around as she danced upon her tipie-toes. "So...On the third night, the children of the waltz cause ripples on the face of the world." She sung as she swayed side to side as she danced about. She suddenly stopped once she heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Hin-at-a, I---m so sor-r-y......Ple-as-e for-gi-ve me......Pl-ea-se!" Her face was filled with fear as she looked around herself. "I--ne--ver me-an-t to hu-rt you. I wa-s su-ch an a-s-s-h-o-l-e to y-ou, an-d no--------------ne of i---t wa-s your fa--ult. I-I'm sor--ry...Jus--t wake up.....Ple-as-e.....Wake up....If n-ot for m-e then f-o-r ---Hanabi---, and yo-ur fr-ie-nds!" She could only make out bits, and pieces of the message.

"Who is this?! Who are you?!" She asked while she placed her hands upon her lips to stop the trembling. "Who is this Hanabi?!" She looked around herself as she stumbled left to right. She lost her balance, and fell down. 'Wake up?' She repeated to herself. She looked up at the cieling, and tilted her head.

-------

Neji couldn't hold it in much longer. His tears flowed down his face, and landed on her arm. One after another they lightly dripped. The tears hit her palish skin, and rolled down her arm. He cuffed his face as he cursed himself, for not being a cousin, nor friend to her. 'So much, I wanted to tell you. So many things I needed to say....Please wake up.....Please....' He clenched his jaws as he mumbled, "Wake up, damnit."

-------

Hinata shook her head, and stood up. She felt something hit her arm. The cieling was raining! "What's going on?! First that voice, and now this?!" Once again she heard that unfamiliar voice. "Wake up, damnit." She clutched her ears as she repeated to herself. "I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I am up! I AM UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!" The rain fell upon her as she knelt on the ground tittering back, and forth. "Someone, help....Anyone, help me....." She cried to herself....."

-------

Gaara leaned back as he sighed. He was finished with all his work for the day. "Finally." He grumbled as he stood up. His eyes shifted towards the torn paper for the umpthn time today. This feeling was irrating him to great extremes. He couldn't get the perfectly written words out of his head. She was shunned upon like he was....He could sympathize with that, no one showed her attention, once again he could sympathize, and she's trying to better herself, and help her clan, once more he could sympathize. Gaara turned over a new lease. Once he fought Naruto, he realized his view of life was wrong, and now he only dreams of doing what's right for Sunagakure. He gritted, grind, and clenched his teeth, until finally.

"Temari." He called for his sister. She poked her head in his office with a bewildered expression. "Yes, Ka--"

"Don't call me that...."

"Fine, yes Gaara."

"I'll like to pay my respects to the Hyuuga girl's family."

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa," His sister said slowly as she replced her bewildered look with a smirk. "Seems like my lil Panda-Gaara is infactuated with the Hyuuga gi--"

"Shut up, idiot, and just make the arrangements." He said as he turned his back on his sister, and gazed out the window.

"Fine. Fine." She sighed as she walked off to make the arrangements.

To Be Continued

AN: I really hope you like it! About the fourth entry I can actually see Naruto doing something like that, but of course he wouldn't do it on purpose. He'll just do it without thinking. x_x; Oh, and the poem from chapter 2 is a poem by Li Yannian.

Hugs & Kisses

From

The Beautiful But Deadly Kunoichi Nimiko (blows a kiss, and gives a wink)