Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What am I to you? ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Naruto looked away from Sakura's pale face to the cup of coffee under his nose. He looked up to look at Hinata. She gave him a smile. Then, he took the cup she offered.
“Thank you,” he told her.
She just nodded her head and placed the box of donuts on the table beside the roses he had ordered for Sakura yesterday.
“You are welcome Naruto. But, you have to know that she will wake up soon.” She turned around to face him.
He gave her a weak smile.
“Yeah, I know.”
She was so sweet. Her kind words gave him hope. At least, he wasn't the only one that thought that Sakura would wake up sometime.
Hinata crossed her arms over her chest. Her gaze moved to Sakura.
It was quiet for a while, and comfortable. He slouched in his seat and sipped his coffee.
“If she made it through this far, she will wake up. It just tells me that she is really strong,” Hinata added. She tucked her short hair behind her ears.
He chuckled and nodded remembering the time Sakura had fought during the second part of the Chuunin exams while he and Sasuke had been unconscious. She was strong indeed.
“She really is something.”
She opened the box of donuts and picked up a tissue as she handed him a donut.
Something always made him wonder why Hinata cared so much for him. He smiled at her and took the donut. “Thank you again but you shouldn't waste your money and time on me.”
“No, you are really a good friend, Naruto. To some, you are our role model. I respect you and I call you a friend. And…and last time I checked friends watch each other's backs.” She laughed lightly and crossed her arms over her chest.
He looked down at the strawberry flavored donut in his hand. Wow, he never knew that he had a few people that thought that about him. He laughed with her and looked up at her as he was biting into the fattening donut. His eyes then lowered to Sakura's pink hair sprawled on the white pillow. If only Sakura had said that that was minus the friend part.
“Thank you,” he said
She shook her head. “No, no, it's nothing.”
“Right, I just… no one has ever told me that before,” he admitted to her.
He placed his cup of coffee on the floor, between his legs, and reached for Sakura's hand, his eyes still on Hinata.
“You just don't know how that makes me happy.”
She shyly averted her gaze down with a fake smile, or was it his false imagination.
“Yeah… I will see you later then.” She started to leave.
He didn't stop her, his mind moved to Sakura right away as he finished the donut in his hand.
“I like her,” he said that after he was sure that she was out of earshot. “She is a good friend.”
He looked at Sakura's hand in his. “You know what; I will tell her that next time I see her. I will also tell her how much you mean to me and how much I love you Sakura.”
She just turned her head away to the window facing away from him.
He kissed her knuckles.
A soft knock on the floor and shushes came from behind the door.
He frowned looking at the door sensing familiar chakras. What were Kiba and Chouji doing here? He stood up and pulled the door open.
Kiba pushed his way in and Chouji followed leaving Naruto no choice but to give them entrance.
If they came here to cause trouble, Naruto curled his hands. They then should leave Sakura out of it.
Kiba pulled out a rose from the back of his pockets and laid it on Sakura's table beside the donut boxes.
Chouji shoved his hands into his pockets on the other side of the bed looking down at Sakura.
Naruto leaned against the wall. “What are you two-”
“Sakura, you get better,” Kiba said quickly and leaned down giving her a peck on her cheek.
“Yeah Ino is picking on us, we need you to come and save us from her,” Chouji pushed.
Kiba nodded looking at Chouji's side before they all glanced at him.
Naruto returned their cold looks. He should apologize for what he did to them but not here, it might get ugly.
“Naruto,” Kiba said coldly and then strolled to him.
He thought that he was going to make an attack on him so he got ready to transfer them somewhere else if there was need.
Chouji followed Kiba but they surprised him when they walked to the door instead leaving him to his own thoughts.
Naruto slid down the wall once he heard the door silently shut.
“Sakura, I made a big mistake. I-I'm so dumb.”
He shut his mouth and pushed himself to his feet.