Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What am I to you? ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sharingan eyes glowed in the dark as the owner crouched on the roof while tossing a pebble around on his palm. It was a pity.
Konoha wasn't a safe place to live if he got in so easily without even having to raise a hand. He felt a familiar chakra coming his way but he didn't bother to look behind him, where it was coming from, already knowing by the chakra signal who it was.
It had been a long time, a very long time.
“What the hell are you doing here, Sasuke?”
Sasuke watched the stone in his hand lazily as he played with it. “Is your age really catching up that fast?”
“Haven't you done enough, already? How cold and heartless can you be?”
Sasuke chuckled harshly,
“Funny, those words coming from you.”
He curled his hand around the stone and shifted that he rose to his feet but he didn't face the other man.
“I remember you were the one that exchanged my life for Naruto's. And I was your student too.”
“We made a deal Sasuke, I train you and teach you what I know and you will leave Konoha village for good.”
Sasuke scoffed at the last part of the sentence. It did cross his mind a long time ago however.
“You can't make Naruto kill you. You have done enough to that boy.”
He crossed his arms over his chest and a smirk played on his face.
“Does Naruto know that he doesn't know his sensei at all?”
The other didn't speak this time.
Sasuke found this amusing. So, Naruto didn't know the deal the two had made before the Chuunin final exams. Kakashi wouldn't have trained Sasuke if Sasuke hadn't made a more convincing deal with the older man.
“Sasuke, you can walk away from this now,” the man started.
Emotions he tried so hard to keep under control came to surface. Sasuke swung around and faced Kakashi but he couldn't see him clearly in the darkness.
“I can walk away! Why didn't you tell me those same words when I made that deal with you a long time ago?”
His ex-sensei sighed heavily as though he regretted it.
“Naruto was my student and he proved to be a worthy ninja of this village. You threatened his life- you knew that if you left with Orochimaru Naruto would come after you. You knew that he would put his life on line for you because he assumed that you were his best friend. I couldn't risk Naruto's life like that. Who knows but that he may be the future Hokage? When you brought up that idea of you returning to Konoha after you had killed your brother and give your head to Naruto, I saw how that could save him.”
Sasuke scowled. “How nice of you.”
“Sasuke, you can start all over again-”
“Don't,” he harshly whispered to him. Why did Kakashi act as though he cared for him?
“I swear if you-”
Sasuke hissed at the man this time silencing him. He knew that Kakashi could stand on his two feet but he also knew that the man would never attack him.
“If you are trying to amend your relationship with Naruto, this isn't the right way to do it. He will hate you if you force him to kill you.”
“Leave it, Kakashi,” Sasuke uttered coldly.
Kakashi forced a laugh out of his mouth.
“I knew that I had lost you the moment Orochimaru put that curse spell on you. But, I was thinking when you came back to Konoha after the fight with your brother; you would come back changed, well, over the deal that we made.”
“Kakashi, that coming from you, I'm surprised. But, I won't be inconsiderate so I will remind you that this is the real world and not a fantasy world.” With that said, Sasuke blinked from sight.
--
Naruto laughed so hard at Sakura's joke. He threw an arm around her as they walked down the deserted, dim-lit streets. With an absented mind, he ended his laughter and rubbed her warm neck nape repeatedly.
She tangled their other hands together as she twirled in circles making his hand on her nape drop away. He chuckled and danced with her.
Their laughter filled the streets.
Sakura's green, happy eyes bored into his with her mouth wide open as she laughed.
He watched her in slow motion drinking in her beauty.
Her hair waved around with the wind as she danced.
He lowered his eyes to the pink, plait pleaded dress swinging around with her. If she only knew what she did to him. She made him happy when she was happy like this. But, something was just missing.
He hated this. He hated lying to her. She wasn't happy and he knew it. She had to know the truth. But, how could he begin to tell her?
All of the sudden, she tagged him forward. He felt her slender hand in his and he ran following her at her own pace.