Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: This does not coincide with my other two Naruto fics, so I just wanted to clear that up first. Second, seven years have passed so everyone that was twelve is now nineteen. Also, I'm really sorry if this is OOC later on. Comments are much appreciated.
~Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. All flashbacks are from the manga except one, which goes to this story.
 
Italics-flashback
 
Sakura pushed open the large door to Konoha village. Blood dripped, staining the ground crimson. She stumbled inside not noticing the large crowd that had formed around something or someone…
She fell many times, nobody noticing her. She pulled a shurkien out of her arm and spit out blood.
“Oi, Sakura-chan's back!”
The young blond ran over to her but stopped short.
“My god, what happened to you?”
She coughed; the ground once again turned red. The crowd turned around revealing the object of attention. Sakura's eye went wide. It was him. She clutched her head in her hands as memories flooded her mind.
Sakura, who did that to you?
Who was it?
Heh, you're proud of these arms?
I am an avenger…
Stop! Please stop…
Shut up about this mark.
You tell and I'll never forgive you for that.
Stay out of my business.
Please bring him back. Promise me you'll bring him back. Only you can. I can't stop him any more.
Sakura, thank you.
Next time you see him, tell him this…
“Oh god, no!” she screamed.
“Snap out of it Sakura!” Naruto urged.
Kakashi, hearing the noise, ran over.
“Is she having another attack?”
“I can't get her out of it Sensei.”
“How'd it start?”
“I think seeing Sasuke after all this time gave her a shock.”
“How'd she get those wounds?”
“Well, she just came back from a mission-“
“Where's the rest of her team?”
“I don't know.”
Naruto looked over to the newcomer, “Oi, Sasuke-bastard! Get over here!”
“Ino, get off me,” he said flatly. “What?”
“Look at what you've made Sakura-chan become!”
Sasuke looked down out the convulsing Sakura.
“Oi, Sakura,” he nudged her with his foot yet got no response.
“Oi, Sakura. Look at me.”
She shook her head.
“Sakura, look at me.”
Again, the head shake.
“Sakura, I said look at me!” he shouted, grabbing her face, forcing her to look at him.
She stared at him, a terrified look still on her face.
Stay out of my business.
If you do, I'll never forgive you.
Who did that to you?
I am an avenger.
Don't tell anyone about this mark.
Who was it?
You're proud of these arms?
Next time you see him…
I hope you let me have more fun.
You will…
And then there was one.
Tell him this…
“Why?” she sobbed. “Why did you come back?”
“Who did that to you?”
“Why did you come back?”
“That's not important! Who did that to you?”
“How come?”
“Who?”
“No, why?”
“TELL ME!”
She snapped out of her daze.
“Tell you what?”
“Who hurt you?”
She visibly swallowed and looked at the ground.
“Answer me Sakura.”
She looked up, “If I tell you, you'll leave again…”
“God damn it Sakura! You were twelve! It was just a crush! Get over it!”
Sakura wrapped her arms around herself.
“No,” she shook her head, “it was more than that.”
Kakashi squatted down to her level, “Where's the rest of your team Sakura?”
“They're- They're all dead. All of them. I should have died with them! But, but…”
“But what?”
He let me live. He wouldn't allow me to die.”
Next time you see him, you will tell him this…
“Who?”
She swallowed again, “I'm not going to say.”
“Oi, Sakura, what happened on that mission?” Naruto asked. “Can you at least tell us that?”
She nodded, “It was supposed to be a normal C-rank mission to just scout the area. Everything went fine until the head ninja of the team was killed. Soon, no one was left. They all died in an instant. There was blood, so much blood. I was the only one left and- and he let me go.”
“Do you know where the ninjas were from?” Sasuke asked, visibly losing his patience.
“Yes,” she replied.
“Where?”
“I can't tell you. I- I wish I could but you'll leave again and never come back. I don't want to see you hurt. I don't want to see that curse any longer.”
Sasuke grabbed her shoulders and shook her roughly.
“Tell me Sakura!”
“No.”
“Tell me!”
Tell him this…
She looked at him.
Who did that to you Sakura?
Who was it?
You're proud of these arms?
I hope you'll let me have more fun.”
And then there was one.
Stop it! Please stop.
Shut up!
Be quiet about this mark.
You take that away from me and I can't forgive even you.
I just don't want to see you hurt.
She looked him straight in the eye and said what came next, “Stay out of my business.”
For a moment, Sasuke looked stunned, but he quickly recovered and said, “Fine, you'll tell me eventually anyway. C'mon, let's get you treated.”
He grabbed her arm, meaning to pull her up, but she immediately fought free of it's grasp.
“DON”T TOUCH ME!”
“I'll take her Sasuke, you need to calm yourself down,” Naruto said, helping Sakura up.
“But-“
“She doesn't want you near her right now.”
Sasuke watched as they walked away.
 
“What's the matter with you Sakura-chan? He may be a jerk, but you know Sasuke wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt you,” Naruto said while walking.
She coughed; more blood.
“I know,” she stated, eyes to the ground, “but I'm scared.”
“Of what? The curse?”
“No, it's not that, it's just…”
“What?”
She shivered, “He looks just like the one who slaughtered them all…”
 
Naruto, after making sure Sakura was okay, went to go get some ramen.
“How long has Sakura been this way?” Sasuke asked, sitting a chair away from Naruto.
“Since when did you ever care about Sakura-chan?”
Sasuke scowled at him in response.
Naruto sighed, “Fine. It started about three months after you left that she just started having mental breakdowns.”
“So, how do you know it just wasn't a coincidence that she had them after I left?”
“I'm getting to that Sasuke-bastard!” Naruto replied, mouth full of ramen.
“Alright,” he swallowed. “Coincidence was a possibility until she told us they were painful memories. Events that shattered her soul. When we asked her what they were about, she told us each event she remembered after the attack.”
Naruto looked at Sasuke, “All of them had to do with you…”