Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Voting results are in. This is going to be an ItaSasuSaku fic, but those of you who didn't want it to be, don't worry. It will still be a SasuSaku fic in the end (uh oh, I kind of just gave away the ending didn't I?”
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics-flashbacks
 
Sakura woke up to see worried blue eyes looking down at her.
“Sakura-chan, daijobu?” the owner asked. Sakura weakly nodded and tried to sit up, but the world spun around her, and she was caught by her sensei when she swayed a bit too far from the dizziness. She saw a third pair of eyes, these dark and clouded by rage and loathing. She made a small choking noise before she screamed.
“Itachi, get away from me!” she cried scrambling backwards. The owner's eyes narrowed at her comment.
“Don't compare me to him. Don't ever compare me to that bastard of a brother!” the younger Uchiha snarled out, his eyes turning scarlet. Sakura remembered the color of those crimson orbs, but not just anyone's, his eyes.
Next time you see him, tell him this…
Next time we meet, you will have told him…
I just came to check up on how my little flower was doing.
I was never yours.
You do know that you are indebted to me. If it weren't for me, the Akatsuki would have killed you long ago...
She fought to free herself from her sensei's grasp, but when she realized she couldn't, she started screaming, incoherently rushed sentences that the trio found no sense in. She clawed at the arms holding her captive until a hand was sharply brought down upon her face.
“Sakura, you're pathetic,” Sasuke said flatly, bringing his hand back down to his sides. “You're the most pathetic, foolish, and weakest thing I've ever come across in seven years.”
You're a pathetic excuse for a medical-nin…
Sakura unsuccessfully choked back a sob.
“Sasuke! What the hell was that for?” Naruto screamed at him. Sasuke said nothing and silently walked past him and out the door. Kakashi released his hold on his student and watched as she tried to fight back tears. Naruto, who couldn't stand the sight, tried to calm his teammate down while looking at Kakashi for reassurance.
 
Sasuke slid his back down against the wall and put his head in his hands. Why? Why did it have to be Sakura that Itachi acquainted himself with? Why couldn't he just leave him alone and stay out of his life? Why did it have to be him?
Kakashi walked out and closed the door behind him.
“Do you realize what you just said to Sakura?” he asked, squatting down to his level on the floor in front of him.
“Who are you to question me on what I do? You're not my father.”
“I never said I was. What I asked was do you understand those words you said just a few minutes before?” Sasuke reflected on the events just passed earlier.
Sakura, you're pathetic…
His brain didn't go any farther than that sentence. It didn't need to. Sasuke's breath caught in his throat.
Little brother, you're pathetic…
Sasuke wanted to stop his train of thoughts then and there, but his memory wouldn't let him.
Sakura, you're pathetic. You're the most pathetic, foolish, and weakest thing I've ever come across in seven years…
Foolish little brother, you're pathetic. If you can't kill me, settle for hating me until you can…
Foolish little brother, you're pathetic…
Foolish little brother…
The raven-haired ninja clutched the sides of his head in an attempt to block out his memories, to force them out of his mind.
Pathetic…
The word was burned into the back of his brain, reminding him it could never be forgotten, that he couldn't change the past.
PATHETIC…
“STOP IT!!!” he shouted to his brother's voice, his eyes screwed shut. He vigorously shook his head as the thoughts faded away into nothingness, until the retreated back to that dark corner that he tried to keep locked away. He saw Kakashi in the exact same position as before, his eyes staring at him intently.
“I assume you've come to terms with your words?” he asked. Sasuke glared at him, his lungs gasping for air, a cold sweat drenched his face.
“Damn you…” he swore back. “Damn you for reminding me of what I am.” Kakashi stood back up and looked down at him.
“Not everyone thinks of you that way, and you know it.”
“You're lying.”
“You want proof? Look inside that room. In that room, there are two people who have never thought of you that way, and one that has never thought a single negative thought about you and never will, even when you walked away from her.”
“SHUT UP!!!”
“The truth scares you, doesn't it?”
“…”
It was then that Naruto walked out of the room he was recently in.
“She did it again, didn't she?” Kakashi asked, looking up. The blond sadly nodded and averted his eyes to the ground.
“What did she do?” Sasuke asked, also looking up.
“…”
“… She tried to stab herself…”