Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I realize that people want to know more about the happenings between Itachi and Sakura, and that they like the flashbacks much more than the present, and I don't blame you. I do too! It's just I have to get to the present sometime folks! Anyways, thank you so much for all your wonderful views (especially you, japanime-01. You gave me so much constructive criticism that helped me so much!) and that I'm almost pushing over one hundred reviews! But that's beside the point. The point is, here's another flashback for your enjoyment. Also, I'm going to try to make the chapters longer, but I can't promise I will, so let's see how this chapter blows over with you guys first. Also, not only that, I finally figured out what Itachi told Sakura to tell Sasuke. I'm not going to say what it is just yet, but let us say that it gets Sasuke really riled up.
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
Chapter 10
 
When Sakura first got wind of the Akatsuki member's death, she had the suspicion that her “caretaker” had carried out the murder and she was not at all pleased. The next time the man came into her room (or more specifically his room), she confronted him on the matter.
“You killed that man, didn't you?” she inquired. Itachi said nothing, which Sakura didn't find at all startling. “Well?”
“What's it to you?” he asked dryly.
“Since when have you ever cared about my opinion, Itachi…san?” The suffix at the end of his name still came reluctantly to her mouth, even though she didn't say it because of the honorable meaning it held. She said it more out of self-protection than anything else as Itachi had gotten fed up with her behavior and said that if she didn't learn some respect, she'd go through hell (he didn't actually say those exact words, but Sakura knew what he meant nonetheless). Itachi looked at her in response before replying and Sakura froze under his gaze.
“I never have,” he said under a layer of forced calm, “and I never will.”
“So you did kill him?”
“Don't ask questions you already know the answer to `Cherry Blossom'.” Sakura winced at the nickname. She hated being called that and he knew it too. He never called her Sakura, always by the meaning of her name, though she didn't dare question why. She felt there were matters that are worth getting crippled for, and some that aren't. She thought this was one of those times.
“I really wish you wouldn't call me that,” she said, still disgusted for the name he gave her.
“You talk to much,” was all Itachi replied.
“So I've heard.” They sat in silence for about an hour, and whenever Itachi went near to where she was to get something from that side of the room or whatever his reason, she scrambled to the opposite side. The corner of Itachi's mouth twitched upwards in a small smirk in response to her actions. She was afraid of him, and he knew it.
After a few days of being in the room with the elder Uchiha, weither it be sleeping, eating, or training (the only place he didn't keep an eye on her was the bathroom, much to Sakura's relief). Eventually, she asked Itachi why she wasn't allowed out and he just replied that she was, just that she never asked if she was allowed to or not. When she was allowed out, the Akatsuki were anything but trusting around her. The first day of wandering, Sakura found out the Akatsuki were not all that much different than the ANBU, just different motives (of which Sakura wasn't sure about with the Akatsuki). At one point in her exploring, she ran into a particular group of members that weren't exactly the nicest of the bunch. She was harassed by them, calling her `Itachi's whore', and she endured it. This went on and on and she got in trouble for it too. Itachi had told her to be back in the room in about thirty minutes because he was leaving. The small group of people had blocked her way and tormented her mercilessly. Though they didn't beat her up, she was ten minutes late showing up at the specified time. Itachi, for some strange reason, didn't leave after those thirty minutes, causing him to cancel the mission (something that which Itachi was not at all pleased about). He scolded her, asking her why, and she just replied that she ran into some trouble and that was all. When Itachi asked who or what was causing the delay, she softly replied that it wasn't something to be concerned about. Akatsuki members or not, she just didn't find it fair for someone to be killed just for taunting someone. Itachi had frightened her beyond belief when he became angry for not telling him what was actually going on. The next day, Itachi had come across the group of harassers while Sakura was sleeping for the night. He had overheard them talking about `his whore' and he was not happy. All four were badly injured, where, among those four, two were put out with a mild concussion.
Sakura had her first training session two days later and she was broken off from her sleep with a rude awakening.
“Get up,” he demanded. “You do not have the luxury of sleeping late here.”
“Huh? What's going on?” she asked sleepily, still in the realm between sleep and awake.
“You head me.” She was about to ask who was talking, but her muddled senses allowed her to think clear. She looked up.
“Holy shit!” Itachi glared at her and Sakura realized her mistake. “Gomen. I didn't watch my language.” Sakura found it strange that the man who killed his family in cold blood had no tolerance for vulgar language. Itachi's glare did not let up and it unnerved her.
“Kunoichi, I said get up!” He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of pile of blankets she slept in, as she slept on the floor. She stumbled when he let go of her arm. Falling on Uchiha Itachi would not be a good idea.
All right, all right, I'm up! Happy?” she said rather loudly. The missing-nin said nothing, “What do you want now?”
“You're coming to train with me,” he replied flatly.
Nani?” Why would Uchiha Itachi want to train with her?
“I am not going to repeat myself again Kunoichi.” Sakura growled softly.
“I have a name you know.”
“You aren't respected enough here for me to use your real name.” Sakura was about to ask why she had to speak to him respectfully when she didn't have any respect for him in her eyes, but she thought better of it. Itachi noticed that she made no sharp remark back, and raised an eyebrow. He opened his mouth to say something to mock her, but she caught the chance of getting the first word before he did.
“Save it,” she spat. “Now leave me alone so I can change.”
“No,” Itachi stated bluntly.
“May I ask why?” She was not pleased at all with the way he was acting today. He spoke a bit too much to her just a moment ago, and she was suspicious that he was up to something.
“The lock on the door's broken. I don't feel like dealing with anyone else.” Shit. She was going to have to change in front of Uchiha Itachi.
Then wait outside the door.”
“Then you're going to try to climb out the back window.” Damn! He read her like a book! In just a manner of days, Itachi had learned the way she thought and acted. He knew her all too well.
“Fine! Then at least turn around!”
“Last time I did that, you stabbed me in the shoulder.” Sakura gave an exasperated sigh. That was one of her big achievements. Stabbing Uchiha Itachi in the shoulder when he had his guard down. Sakura did have to admit though; he had good reason for keeping an eye on her now.
“Fine. Do what you want, I really don't care anymore.” The S-class criminal sat down in a chair, ready to move if she tried anything. As Sakura changed, she felt his eyes on her again, but it wasn't a glare this time. She shivered as she felt his eyes travel down and then back up her body. She didn't say anything, but quickly put her clothes on, trying to ignore his eyes upon her. She did not like the look in his eye when she turned around.
“All right, I'm ready. Now what do you want me to do?” Itachi didn't reply, but instead, walked towards her, the light click from his shoes resounding through the room. Sakura stepped back each time he took a step forward until her back hit the wall behind her. Itachi leaned towards her and cupped her chin in his hand.
“What- what are doing?” she hissed nervously.
Itachi put his mouth close to her ear and harshly whispered; “Get up when I tell you to next time.” And with that, he let go of her and turned around. “Come,” he said. “If you don't cooperate, you won't get breakfast…