Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: All right, hope I didn't keep you all waiting too long! I have plenty of ideas left and many for this chapter! Now, some answers to your questions!
 
Dannie-chan: I suppose I could as soon as I whip some up (the other one I had planed about a month in advance). As for pulling Itachi's cheeks out… Well, let's just say you might lose some fingers. And out of pure curiosity, how do you make that character looking sideways? I've been trying to do that for about a year now and it's driving me insane!
 
Onna Ooji: Glad you're enjoying the story that much so far. The reason Sakura didn't retaliate is because one, they're Akatsuki and she's on enemy territory, and two, she's doesn't want an incident like last time. She may be in ANBU, but she's also a medic-nin meaning she has a different outlook on life than others do (anyone has a different outlook on life compared to Itachi's). Why did they have the nerve to mess with what's his? Well, one, it wouldn't make a good story if they didn't (the group of four people come running in, point to her, and say “She made us do it!”), two, not only are they not the nicest people of the bunch, but they're also not the brightest bulb in the box…
 
Kurama-kawai: Sexy? I'm not doing that great of a job at portraying him! I admit, he is a bit dark, but I think sexy's pushing it.
 
Ang3L-dreary: (Rips a teddy bear to shreds and takes out the stuffing) Look, it's fluff! Fluff! (Has a crazed look in her eye and everyone steps back a bit) FLUFF!
 
-Yuugi-chan
 
Regular font- flashbacks inside flashbacks
 
Chapter 11
 
Sakura's stomach gave a loud growl and Itachi glanced back at her.
“Can we please get something to eat? I'm hungry!” she pleaded with the missing-nin.
“Bear with it. Ignore the urge,” he replied, looking back forward.
“I'm a medic-nin! You actually expect me to ignore a bodily function I need to live? No wonder your medic-nins didn't last long here.” Itachi frowned at her response. “So can we, please?”
No,” he stated flatly. “If I can bear with it, you can.”
“I'm fifteen years old! You're twenty! You can conserve energy from food longer than I can!”
“That's no excuse.” He stopped so suddenly; Sakura nearly collided into him. She peeked around his back. There she saw a good number of Akatsuki members training in the field. One of them looked over to the couple.
“Oi, Itachi-sama! That scrawny little girl your new sparring partner? What happened to Kisame?” he called over. Sakura's chakra reserves flared up. If there was one thing she hated most, it was to be called scrawny and little. Itachi looked over to the young ANBU member and saw in her eyes the intent to mutilate the man into a bloody pulp. She looked back up at him as if waiting for the command for her to go ahead and kill the man. Itachi made a mental note that she would get ornery when she hasn't yet eaten.
“No,” Itachi replied back, a small, but twisted grin on his face, “she's not my sparring partner; she's yours.” Sakura flew at the man and punched him in the gut with a fistful of chakra, sending the man flying through the nearest tree, knocking him out cold. She went for him again, not only because she was called something she didn't like, she realized the man was one of the four who had called her “Itachi's whore” and she wanted payback. Right when she was about to go flying through the air to land another punch, someone grabbed her by the back of her shirt collar. Sakura whipped around and made to punch the person who grabbed her, but it was caught by the person's hand. An amused Itachi looked at her.
“That's enough,” he said, “It's not fair for you to attack an unconscious man.”
Fair?” she roared. “Fair? Since when do you know about fair?
“Go get breakfast.” Sakura's ears perked up.
“I get to eat now?” she inquired.
“Hai.”
“Why didn't you just say so?” And with that, she ran to the kitchens.
 
When she returned, she stopped about six or seven feet away from him. She reached in the bag and pulled out a fruit.
“Want one?” she asked, ready to throw it at him as if it were a baseball.
“What is it?” he asked. Sakura was dumbfounded.
What is it? It's a peach! What does it look like?” Itachi let out a long breath of air.
“It just looks like a blob of color to me,” he replied. Sakura was struck with a sudden thought.
“So how bad has your vision gotten Itachi?”
Sakura mentally slapped herself. `He's going blind you idiot! Remember?' She sighed and threw the peach at him, which he easily caught.
“Sorry, I forgot about that,” she apologized, walking towards him. He shrugged. Sakura was about to bite into the apple she held in her hand, but a worm came crawling out. “EW!” She flung the apple into the distance until they heard a loud “ow!” where the apple had landed on one of the member's heads. Itachi looked at her.
“You did that on purpose.”
“Well, I was aiming for the shark man over there,” she said sarcastically. Itachi suddenly had a mental image of Kisame getting knocked out because of an apple and shook his head. He looked the peach over and bit into it when he deemed it safe to eat. Sakura's stomach rumbled. He looked at her. “That's all they gave me.” Itachi sighed and gave her the half-eaten peach. Normally, Sakura would have refused to take something he had already eaten a part of, but she was starved, so she immediately grabbed it, pulled out the pit, and ate the peach. When she swallowed the last bit, a thought popped into her head. “A few days ago, someone said Orochimaru and Sasuke-kun were found in the premises?” Itachi didn't even so much as raise an eyebrow to the honorific on his brother's name, so he said nothing of it.
“What about it?” he asked.
“Were they?”
“Hai.”
“Where are they now?”
“That's none of your concern.” Sakura bit her lip from saying that that was the reason of her being on her own in Akatsuki territory in the first place. She let out a sigh and flopped down on the grass. It had rained the night before, and Sakura could see each droplet of dew on each blade. The movement of Itachi standing up caught her attention, and she looked at him. “Come,” he said. “We're to resume training.” Sakura immediately jumped back up to her feet.
“Hai!” Itachi wondered why she was being so cooperative with him now, than she was before. She walked a few steps towards him, but stopped short.
“Before I get myself into this, may I ask what we are to be working on?” she inquired.
“You don't really have a choice in the matter kunoichi,” he replied. Sakura winced. There was that nickname again.
“I still want to know. If it's something that you're going to beat the crap out of me at, I don't want in.”
`Ah, there's that rebellious nature coming back out,' he thought. “You'll find out soon enough.” As Itachi started walking farther and farther away from her, Sakura reluctantly decided to follow. As soon as she started to, he disappeared.
`So the game starts now, huh?' she thought. She closed her eyes and stood calmly rooted in place, concentrating only on the goal of sensing his chakra, and she blocked out all other unnecessary ones. `Sneaky bastard. He's concealing his chakra. Well, two can play at that game…'
 
Author's End Note: If you thought it wasn't possible, I actually have worse vision than Itachi! I'm 21/100 in my right eye and 24/400 in my left, though it's a bit worse than that now. With the worm in the apple, I found two blueberries and an apple with a maggot in them, so I've stayed away from those two fruits… Ah well, at least I didn't find half a worm…