Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I told you guys I'd update more quickly! So here is chapter twelve for you. It might be short, it might be long. I wouldn't know seeing how as I write these before I start writing the chapter… Anyways, more questions and comments!
 
Allyluv: Well, she might, but that idea is already taken by someone else (who's written a great story by the way), so I don't want people to think I stole it from her.
 
Onna Ooji: They were freshly picked blueberries!
 
AnimeSenko: Yup, it's really that bad. But I'm near-sighted and I wear glasses, so I can see when I write/type. Itachi doesn't wear glasses (which he should, I mean, look at Kabuto!), but maybe he wears contacts? If not, he should go see my mom (who's an optometrist) and get glasses/contacts from her (yeah, like Mom's going to accept a mass-murderer into her office). Though I do admit, it is really hard to picture Itachi getting his vision tested (thinks about it and then laughs hysterically).
 
Kurama-kawai: I didn't say I didn't like the comment. I'm just saying that it's just really odd because I'm not doing that great of a job. Then again, I should take it as a compliment, shouldn't I?
 
Dannie-chan: Well, she has two nicknames, “Kunoichi” and “Cherry Blossom.” All the poor girl wants is to be called by her name! But Itachi's not going to do that any time soon I think. Probably not.
 
Kohona Ninja Sasuke's Lover: No, Kisame wasn't hit with the apple. Itachi was just thinking about it.
 
-Yuugi-chan
 
Regular text- flashback within a flashback
 
Chapter 12
 
One moment he sensed her chakra, the next moment it was gone. Itachi knew the game she was playing; the same thing as him. Of course, he wasn't going to activate the Sharigan just yet. If it came to a stalemate, maybe, but he thought not. Eventually, her control would waver and her chakra would be revealed once more, or so he thought. He'd see how long this kunoichi; this fragile cherry blossom would last. Her chakra did waver and he sensed this. When he did make a move to attack, he was met with a log.
`She has better control than one would think. She did that on purpose just to lure me out. She knew that I'd let my guard down when I attacked,' he thought. She came up behind him and made to slash him with the kunai in her hand, but he dodged, quickly turned around, pinned her to the ground. `What's inside this girl's mind, I wonder?' Memories were uprooted from her mind as he delved inside of her thoughts.
Sakura, who did that to you?
Shut up about this mark!
Heh, you're proud of these arms?
Sakura, say it!
Sasuke-kun, your body?
Who the hell was it?
I am an avenger.
I hope you let me have more fun.
And just as quickly as he had started, all her memories were blocked off and sealed up as if by someone was blocking it. He released her mind and looked down at her. She was trembling. One of the female Akatsuki members ran up to him.
“What'd you do to the poor girl? You always do this to your sparring partners! You know that your not supposed to mess around with other people's heads without good reason! Itachi glared at the women coldly and she jumped and backed a good distance away. Itachi looked down to the girl once more and brushed a few stray hairs away from the pink-haired ninja's face. The girl immediately bit down upon it with a firm grip, latching herself on. He wrenched his hand out of her mouth and made to hit her. She prepared for the impact. He checked the blow so close to her face she could feel the air streaking off it as it went by. Instead of hitting her, he lightly touched her face. She stiffened.
“Don't do that again. Do you understand me?”
“Don't go invading my thoughts,” she snarled back.
`And there she is back to her old self,' he thought to himself.
“DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?” Sakura jumped back a bit. This was the first time he had ever yelled at her. He never raised his voice, even when she stabbed him with a kunai.
“Hai,” she said, looking down at the ground.
“Good. Now go!” She didn't need to be told where. It was like scolding a little kid; being sent back to the room she slept in. She got up and scrambled away out of sight. Itachi let out of breath of air and looked at his hand. It had started to bleed a good amount.
`What are this girl's teeth made out of?' He couldn't really blame her though. He'd be pretty ticked off too if someone just pulled memories out of his mind.
 
Sakura sat on her makeshift bed of blankets.
`Why'd he do that?' she thought. `It would have been easier if had had just struck me.' She looked up as she heard the door opening. It was Kisame.
“What do you want `Shark man?'” Kisame snarled at the nickname. He was tempted to say, “That's Mr. Shark man to you,” but he decided not to. Talking back to something that was Itachi's was a big no-no in Kisame's book. He didn't want to end up like the group of four people he put out of commission for a few days just about a week ago.
“Itachi-sama is not at all pleased with your behavior that you displayed to him today,” he said.
“Tell him he can go rot in hell,” she snapped back. Kisame rolled his eyes.
“You tell him yourself kunoichi. I don't have a death wish.”
“That's Sakura!”
“Like you're ever going to gain my respect.” Kisame gave a barking laugh and walked out of the room. Sakura pulled her knees up to her chin and went back to her thoughts.
`I'm tired of sleeping on the floor…'
 
When Itachi walked into the room, Sakura was asleep…in his bed. He shook his head.
`Girl doesn't have much stamina or endurance.' He nudged her face with the back of his hand in an attempt to wake her up. She stirred and opened her eyes.
“What are you doing sleeping here?” he inquired, not really angry, more like amused.
“You try sleeping on the floor for a few days, see how you like it,” she smartly replied.
“Get up.”
“Why?”
“There are some members to heal that just came back from a mission.”
“There is absolutely no way that I'm going to heal Akatsuki members.”
“You'll do as you're told.”
“I see no reason to.”
“You won't eat lunch or dinner for that matter.”
“That's fine with me. I am not healing them and that's final!” Itachi shook his head again and walked out the door.
“Fine.”
 
Author's Note: No matter how much I try, I can't write longer chapters! I'm trying, I really am! This chapter was two and a half pages on Microsoft Word, so don't say it was short! It may seem short because reading something takes a lot less time than writing it. Anyways, this is just to say that there will be some fluff in the next chapter and that it will go back to the present times for a bit. That's all I just wanted to say, so until next time!