Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Fluff ahoy! Anyways, we will be switching back to the present quite soon and I know you guys are disappointed that you don't get to see more flashbacks with Itachi, but deal with it for just a little while. Remember I told you I had what Sakura was going to tell Sasuke all planned out? Well, I completely forgot what I was going to have her tell him! Arg! Don't worry though; it will come back to me soon (at least, I hope it does)!
-Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. Dannie-chan: I suggest reading Loophole by Leafygirl. It's a great story.
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
Regular text- flashback with in a flashback
 
Chapter 13
 
Sakura lay down on her bed of blankets. There were certain times when she was allowed out and other when she wasn't. This was one of those times. She felt like a little kid having a curfew at night (which was pretty close to what Itachi's guidelines demanded). She was tired, but she was afraid to fall asleep at night as memories plagued her. Though she never told him, she wasn't feeling all that well either. A jumble of voices could be heard from outside, and even though she tried to resist it, it eventually lulled her off into the realm of sleep.
Sakura, who did that to you?
Who was it?
Stop it! Please stop!
He gave it to me.
Sakura, say it!
Shut up about this mark!
Who the hell hurt you?
You tell, and I can't forgive even you.
I just don't want to see you hurt.
Heh, you're proud of these arms?
Stay out of my business.
I love you with all my heart!
So how bad has your vision gotten Itachi?
You're a pathetic excuse for a medical-nin. You disgust me.
Why is he keeping me alive?
Some say he wants you around for his pleasure.
Sakura, thank you.
Sakura bolted upright. Sweat beaded her face, dripped down her chin, and she was panting heavily. She heard Itachi stir next to her and she looked his way. Red eyes looked at her.
Sakura, who did that you?
“Why are you so worked up?” he inquired. Sakura turned her head away.
“No reason,” she swiftly replied. `What is he doing back so early? He never goes to sleep the same time I do. He was supposed to be on a mission at this hour. So why is he here?'
“Don't pull that with me kunoichi. Something's up.”
“Don't you have a mission to go to?”
“Hai.”
“Then why aren't you out there doing it?”
“Because it's a mission they can do without my help.”
She was silent for a while and then spoke up. “Stop looking at me like that!” He raised an eyebrow.
“Last time you said you'd poke my eyes out.” A smirk twitched at the corner of his lips.
“You're going to blind yourself if you keep this up and it won't be my fault. If you do want to speed the process up, I'd be glad to gouge your eyes out.” He threw his head back and laughed and Sakura jumped back a bit. Uchiha Itachi was laughing?
“As if you could,” he said. She pulled out a kunai.
“You want to try it?” she asked.
“No thank you,” he replied. More moments passed in silence. Itachi turned serious again. “So what is bothering you?” She sighed.
“Nightmares.” Again, he raised an eyebrow.
“Nightmares? About what?”
“What do you care?”
“I don't.”
“Then why ask?”
“Because I don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by your screams of terror. Despite my reputation, I do need sleep.”
“Memories. Memories that haunt me to this day, mostly about your brother.”
“Ototo? I knew his reputation in the village before he went and joined Orochimaru. Quite the popular one with the girls, though I've never heard someone having nightmares about him before.”
“You've gone through my mind. I don't need to tell you what their about.” Itachi sighed.
“You do have me there.”
“Why are you being so friendly?”
“Am I?” Sakura let out an exasperated breath. Itachi rolled over and got out of bed. Sakura quickly looked away. He wasn't wearing shirt. `I am not going to blush in front of Uchiha Itachi.' She felt the blankets being pressed down next to her and she jumped when she found him sitting there and she edged closer to the wall. Itachi gave her an amused, but knowing look and lay down on his back. “So tell me,” he said. “What makes a fifteen year-old girl wander into Akatsuki territory?” A sudden thought struck Sakura.
“I'm not fifteen.”
“Nani? Last time I checked you were.”
“I'm not fifteen anymore. I'm sixteen. My birthday just passed recently.” Itachi paused and then spoke.
“You didn't answer my question.”
“I don't want to. It's none of your business anyways. Now why are you in my sleeping area?”
“It's only fair,” he stated. “You in my bed just a few short days ago.”
“Yes, but you weren't in it.” Itachi leaned over her.
“Go to sleep.” His breath tickled her ear. She shuddered.
“Fine. Just leave me alone!”
 
The next morning, one of the Akatsuki members went into Itachi's quarters to inform him on how the previous night's mission went. Itachi was still sleeping next to the wide-awake Sakura (she never did go to sleep that night), and the member mouthed the words “what are you doing there?” Sakura looked at him and mouthed back the words “I'm afraid if I move I'll wake him up. A little help would be nice.” The member shrugged and walked out of the room (despite Sakura's request). He ran into Kisame, also headed towards where Itachi lay, but the member shook his head at him.
“Why not?” the shark man asked. The member mouthed the words “sleeping” and went on his way. Kisame curious peeked into the room. `Itachi's gotten soft.'
“Kisame, what are you doing here?” Kisame looked to the right and Itachi was looking up at him, eyes red.
“I just came to inform you of the mission,” he replied.
“I know how the mission went. I was up earlier. Now leave.” Sakura watched the whole conversation. Obviously, this was Itachi's day off (or so she figured). Itachi closed his eyes once more and lay his head back down. `It seems Itachi like to sleep in late,” she thought. She leaned over him. “What do you want kunoichi?” he asked, rather irritated to be woken up yet again.
“I thought members do not have the luxury of sleeping late here,” she replied. Itachi glared at her. “All right, all right. I've got the concept. I'll let you sleep.” `Geez,' she thought, `rather cranky in the morning, isn't he?' She got up and went towards the kitchens.
“Where are you going kunoichi?”
“To the kitchens.”
“They're not open yet. Go back to sleep.” She sighed and sat back down. `I'm bored.' She took out a kunai and began to sharpen it. “You stab me with that kunai and I won't be happy.” Sakura stared at him in wonder. How the hell could he tell what she was doing (or what she had in her hand nonetheless) with his eyes closed? She sighed, put down the kunai, and flopped back down on the pile of blankets. She accidentally landed on Itachi's chest. Either Itachi didn't take any notice or wasn't bothered by it as he showed no reaction to the recent movement or the weight now registering on his chest. Sakura was about to lift her head up and move, but a hand grabbed the back of hair lightly and pulled her back down. She flushed a deep scarlet. `Why the hell is he doing this? Ah well, it's not like the position uncomfortable…'
Itachi's hand went to her forehead, “You're not feeling very well, are you?”
“Not really, no,” she replied.
“Why didn't you tell me?”
“Because what would you have done?”
“Absolutely nothing.”
“Exactly. Besides, I can handle my own problems. It's not like I'm going blind.” Sakura covered her mouth with her hands. “Oops. Sorry.”
“You give me what you have and I will not be pleasant to be around.”
“Then let go of me,” she recommended. She was starting to feel just a little unnerved at how long his hand was on her forehead.
“I don't wish to,” he replied.
She was quiet, but then said, “Fine, do what you will. Just don't blame me if you get sick. Because I am not taking care of you if you do.”
 
Author's End Note: Enough fluff for you guys? Really OOC, but it's so hard to keep Itachi character when doing fluff (Leafygirl can though. She's the best)! Anyways, present times come back in the next chapter, so I hope you guys are satisfied with this. Oh, and sorry for such a lame stopping point at the end of the chapter.