Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: This chapter may or may not be a bit different depending on if my friend helps me out when she comes over. She's just starting to get into Naruto and she likes my favorite couple, SasuSaku (I don't think she knows about Itachi just yet. She's more of a Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan, and I happen to be her supplier of information on that topic)! Anyways, here's my absolute favorite part of the author's notes; reader response!
 
Kurama-kawai: How could you confuse it with “Loophole?” “Loophole's” so much better! But since it is, thank you for the compliment (though I couldn't even come close to Leafygirl's writing)!
 
Kyoharu-chan: Why is Itachi going soft? I really don't have an explication for that question!
 
Dannie-chan: Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam. Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam. Wonderful Spam! If you've seen this Monty Python skit, you'll know what I'm talking about…
 
Midnight-Miko66: Sorry, but it will wind up to be a SasukexSakura fic. Though, hopefully, we'll have more fluffy moments between Itachi and Sakura.
 
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
Chapter 14
 
Sakura stared down at her plate of food dumbly, pushing the contents around the dish. She didn't feel like eating. She hadn't felt like eating for the past three days. Sasuke watched her from the chair he was sitting on and spoke up.
“Sakura, you need to eat. I do not want to have to force-feed you,” he said.
She shook her head, “I'm just not hungry.”
“Don't pull that crap with me Sakura. You haven't eaten for three days straight, and you tell me that you're not hungry. I've heard your stomach growling.”
She looked at him, “I just want to go home.”
“If I brought you home, would you eat?” She said nothing. “Sakura…”
“I'm not sure.” He sighed and got up from his chair. He walked out the door and towards one of the nurses' desks.
“Sakura would like to go home. Is she able to be discharged from the medics' care?”
“Hai,” the nurse said. Sasuke walked back and opened the door back up. He looked down at her plate of food, or what should have been a plate of food. It was wiped entirely clean of the contents that were recently on it.
He shook his head, “I thought you weren't hungry.” Again, she said nothing and continued to look out the window.
“Why did you come back Sasuke?” Sasuke inwardly frowned. She had been leaving the -kun off from his name now and he just wasn't used to it.
“That's none of your business Sakura,” he replied. “You still haven't told me how you know my brother.”
Tell him this…
“That none of your business Sasuke,” she snapped back.
“It is too my business! He's my brother!”
“That doesn't matter.” Sasuke clenched his hands into fists. He was not at all delighted to have Sakura be uncooperative with him. Last time he checked, Sakura would have done anything for him, but now…
“You know you're allowed to go home now,” he said.
“I know,” she replied, a vacant look on her face as she looked out of the window once more.
 
Sakura had gone home as soon as Sasuke left and when he found this out, he debated weither he would go see her again or not. Currently, he was lying on his back on top of his bed, twirling a kunai on one of his fingers. `Should I?' he thought. `Or should I not?' He stopped twirling the kunai and let out a long sigh. `Stupid conscious. Why do I feel so bad when I did nothing of my own fault to upset her? Besides, she doesn't come and visit me.' He paused in his thinking as he watched a bird fly by his window. `She doesn't come visit me because I don't let her.' He sighed again and pushed himself up off the bed. `I guess I can go visit her. That is, if she wants to see me…'
 
Sakura heard a knock on her door and she wondered who could be visiting at this time of the day. Onyx met emerald when she opened the door.
Sakura, who did that to you?
“Sakura, are you feeling alright?” he asked when she took a few steps back with eyes as wide as dinner plates.
Who was it?
Heh, you're proud of these arms?
I hope you let me have more fun.
Sakura, say it!
Who the hell hurt you?
Next time you see him, tell him this…
Stay out of my business.
Next time we meet, you will have told him…
Sakura shook her head violently to rid herself of the memories and images.
“Sakura. Sakura.” She snapped her head up, his voice pulling her out of her reverie. “I said are you okay?'
“I'm not sure anymore,” she replied in that faraway voice again.
“What do you mean you're not sure?”
“I'm not sure about anything anymore! I just don't know!” She latched onto his shirt and cried. “I just don't know anymore…” her voice was like a whisper this time. Sasuke was stunned by her action for a moment, but then just let her sob into his shirt.
“Sakura, what's going on?”
Tell him this…
She didn't respond. `What's going on in your head, Sakura?' he thought to himself.
“Sakura, what do you want from me?” Sakura stiffened at his question. She mumbled something, but his shirt drowned it out. “Sakura, you're going to have to speak up. I can't hear you.”
“I just want to be comforted. All these years I've had no one to tell me that things were going to be okay. I just want to held by someone…” Sasuke let out a breath pf air from between his teeth as he wrapped his arms around her.
“And what makes you think I can give you this?”
“I don't know. I just want something your brother never gave me.” Sasuke started.
What? What do you mean by that?”
“Just forget it. All I want is to hold and be held! That all I want!”
“Sakura…”
 
Meanwhile, Naruto had been on his way to visit Sakura with Hinata, but when he saw the two, he stopped. Hinata pulled on his shirtsleeve and said that they could come back some other time. Naruto agreed and trudged along behind his girlfriend.
 
Sasuke flopped down on the bed with Sakura still in his arms. The girl was just reluctant to let him go. Not wanting to upset her further, Sasuke said nothing of it, though he was dying of curiosity to know what had happened between his elder brother and the girl that was now currently in his arms. Sakura's sobs had subsided now, but she was still yet reluctant to let him go.
“Sakura, I'm not going to disappear,” he said.
“Yes you will. You disappeared from me seven years ago right in front of my eyes,” she responded, holding onto his shirt tighter still. She held on tight enough that her knuckles were at the point of turning white. Sasuke figured she was in an extreme state of depression and again, said nothing of it. One single thought drifted through his mind.
I just want something your brother never gave me…