Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: The chapters in the present will start to get more into the psychological genre from here on out (not quite too sure what the past will exactly be). I do know that this will probably be a very long piece of fanfiction (not quite sure of the number of chapters, but I estimate a least thirty or more). Sorry guys, but I'm firmly sticking to SasuSaku, but after this I'll write an ItaSaku piece of fanfiction, deal?
 
Dannie-chan: Oh I am a huge Monty Python fan (except for “The Meaning of Life” where that fat guys vomits. I absolutely hate vomiting). I love the parrot skit (“The only reason it was on its perch was because it was nailed there. This is an ex-parrot!”) and the lumberjack skit (“I wanted to be a lumberjack.” “What about my bloody parrot?”). And yes, I do forgive you. *patpat* I have seen the movie “Labyrinth” (“She chose down!”), so I do know what you are talking about. I do have to admit though; it was a very strange movie.
 
Kurama-kawai: Thank you for the encouragement (if only my English teachers thought the same thing), but Leafygirl happens to have the better plot to her story than I to mine. I guess you could call me modest, though I have received some really honest reviews (most constructive and some bad)…
 
Whiteviper: Thank you for the information. I completely forgot about the small number of Akatsuki members, but pretend there's more, just for this fic. Also, I probably haven't been reading Naruto as long as you have (though Yu-Gi-Oh! is a completely different matter entirely), as I just started getting hooked on it about three or four months ago (or was it five?).
 
Devian666: I also like the mental breakdowns (I guess that's why I added them).
 
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
Chapter 15
 
Sasuke wasn't home. He was probably off on a mission of his, or at least that's what Sakura figured. She was right now currently standing in front of his house, an emotionless expression on her face. She had been here many times before when Sasuke had left Konoha, every time with the same blank expression and a goal that only she partook in every time she came here. She opened the door and stepped in. The house was quiet and empty, but it didn't unnerve or bother her anymore like it did the first few times she had come here. She walked straight past Sasuke's room this time, as she had waited in his room during the first few months after he left, and entered the room just next to it. She sat down in the middle of the floor and stared off into space. She did this time and time again, as many times as she had come here. She'd sit that way for hours and hours, unmoving; the vacant look still on her face. Hours passed and the voice she heard didn't quite exactly register in her brain right away.
“What are you doing in my brother's room?” Sakura wasn't startled by the sound of his voice, so she didn't bother to turn around and look at him. “Sakura, I'll ask you again. What are you doing in my brother's room?”
“I just like to be here,” she replied, a still dazed and vacant look plastered on her face.
“That's not a good enough reason,” Sasuke said.
“Well, to me, it is.”
Sasuke sighed and leaned on the frame of the doorway, “Either way Sakura, I don't want you to be in here any longer. So come on out, would you?”
Sakura shook her head, “But I want to be here.”
“That doesn't matter. Besides, you have an ANBU mission to lead in a few hours.”
“I know.” She picked herself up off the floor and walked over to him. “And are you going to behave on this mission?”
Sasuke gave her a small smirk, “Maybe.”
“If you do step out of line one more time, I will make sure that you are thrown off the team for good. I don't want to put up with any more of your crap.” Sasuke shook his head. She was back to her old, normal self like she was when he had gone on that first ANBU mission with her. Maybe his being smart with her was a good thing after all.
 
“So what's the mission this time Sakura-chan?” Naruto asked beneath his mask.
“Ugh, you're so impatient!” she said, exasperated.
“Sorry, but I'm curious!”
“You're always curious.” She turned serious. “What we have to do is just scout the area for a few hours as…” She trailed off.
“It's him, isn't it?”
“No, it's not that.”
“Yes it is.”
“All right, so he's on my mind and Akatsuki activity has been spotted near him, but I don't need you to be announcing it to everyone; especially Sasuke.”
“Don't worry Sakura-chan! You won't hear a peep out of me tonight on said topic!” His face darkened. “Do you intend to take him down this time?”
“I hope to, but I highly doubt it. He's not that easy to kill. But if he does show up, restrain Sasuke from provoking him. This will be between him and me.”
 
Naruto nodded to Sakura, “Everyone's ready to go.”
“All right, let's move everyone out,” she said, nodding back to him. Once again, they proceeded in rank order. Sasuke was now more up toward the front not only so Sakura could keep a close eye on him, but also because he had been moving up through the ranks quite quickly.
“Sakura, are you sure you're feeling well?” he asked. She nodded in response. “All right, if you say so.” The team scattered into groups of three, each covering a different area. Sakura had split up with Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura briefly thought of how they had done missions together like this when they were younger, but she quickly shook her head and cleared her mind of those thoughts. She didn't need another mental breakdown again. She didn't want to be out of commission for three days again. Who knew when he was coming back. God knows that he plagued her thoughts at night as well as a good part of the day. The groups of three then split up into individual teams, now covering a more thorough piece of land. She wasn't going to allow Itachi to enter Konoha, at least, not yet anyways. `Please don't let him provoke his brother,' she thought. This was meant for both of the Uchihas if the other did show up, as they were both prone to do to each other. She whipped around and there was Sasuke standing on a tree branch, leaning against the trunk. The curse seal was upon him once more.
Sakura, who did that to you?
She was pinned against a tree, Sasuke's face above hers. `Wait a moment,' Sakura thought. `This isn't right. Sasuke has had nothing to provoke him into using his seal, and even if he did, he wouldn't come after me, at least, I don't think.'
“So Sakura, how many ways can I come up with to kill you and pursue Orochimaru?” Sasuke asked. Again, Sakura froze under the younger Uchiha's gaze. `Shit.'
“Itachi you bastard! Let go of my mind!” she screamed. She shook her head and the apparition disappeared.
“Why haven't you told him?” his voice asked. It sounded distant, garbled.
“What's it matter? I can't tell him! His reaction would be rather violent and dangerous. I don't want to die just yet.”
“Since when have you ever cared about your own life?”
Sakura looked at the ground, “Never.”
“So what the question really is, is why does it matter to you?” He was in front of her and his index finger lifted her chin up. “So, why haven't you?”
“Don't touch me,” she snarled out. “I want nothing to do with you.”
“I really don't wish to fight over this my little flower.”
“I'm not yours!”
“Wrong. For the time being you are, and you know it.” Sakura said nothing. “You will tell him, otherwise, the consequences are not going to be something that is in your favor.”
“Since when were they ever in my favor?”
“They've been in your favor ever since you were found in Akatsuki territory.”
“What's that matter?”
“Your Akatsuki property now. My property…”
 
Author's End Note: I'm really trying to make these chapters as long as I can. What I can promise though is that the next chapter will be longer and a good mixture of times in the present and flashbacks.