Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Whoa, twenty chapters! Makes me wonder if I'll get three hundred reviews in honor for it (probably not, but I can dream, can't I?). Talk about randomness, because I'm just babbling. Which reminds me, visit rambling-pool.tk and take a look at my blog and then you'll see some rambling! And sign the guestbook if you do. Pretty please? Ah, screw it! Just read the story! Oh, and by the way, I am working on another SasuSaku fic that is sort of AU-ish and takes place when both are seventeen, except Sasuke's clan never had a massacre. Not sure if anybody will read it and I won't put it up unless I have some people saying that they like the idea and actually want to read it.
-Yuugi-chan
 
Chapter 20
 
Itachi stuck his head out the door in an attempt to see what was going on. What he saw was a red-faced Sakura yelling at one of the head medic-nins.
“Look, I'm trying my best to be calm, but you are not cooperating with me! I just need those notes back! It took me weeks to make that, and all you guys do is steal it!”
“We did nothing of the sort,” the medic-nin said, denying Sakura's claim of thievery. This argument with back and forth with seemingly no end in sight, and Itachi, tired of hearing the screaming that was ensuing, decided to put an end to the matter.
“Are these what you're looking for kunoichi?” he asked blandly, holding up the loose pieces of paper. Sakura blinked.
“Um, yes, they actually are,” she said in disbelief. She turned back to the medic-nin. “I'm so sorry! Truly, I am! I accused you of something you had nothing to do with. I'm so terribly sorry!” The medic-nin rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just go and see what Itachi wants before he loses his temper,” she dully said. `I heard that,' Itachi thought. Sakura turned back once again to Itachi, the angry look back on her face and grabbed the papers out of his hand.
“And what the hell were you doing with them?” she demanded. Itachi snorted.
“Calm down Cherry Blossom, they fell out of your notebook.” She blinked at him once again.
“Oh, well then. Um, thank you.”
“Don't I get an apology?”
“No,” she bluntly stated. Itachi let off a sigh and decided to let the matter drop. He had better things to do with his time. As he followed her back inside the room, he shook his head at her previous antics. `Always jumping to conclusions, just like my Ototou.'
 
Sakura sat down on the floor once again and looked at Itachi.
“What time is it? I'm bushed,” she declared.
“It's around 11:31 PM,” he replied.
“Am I allowed to go to sleep without you poking me awake with the back of your hand?”
“Am I allowed to go to sleep without you waking up from nightmares?”
“Touché.”
 
Of course, Sakura woke up from nightmares yet again, but no kunai at her throat greeted her this time. `He must be exhausted, either that or unconscious,' she thought. Itachi had had a mission that night that must have be strenuously hard because he was out cold when he returned. He had his back facing her and she could hear his rhythmic steady breathing of sleep. He had his hair up this time. `Probably didn't even bother to take the rubber band out. He just crashed. I at least hope he gave himself a quick wash before hitting the hay.' She checked the time and her eyes widened. `Holy shit! 6:15! They're going on a mission at 7:00, and Itachi's going to sleep through it! Now that'd be something to see.' No matter how hard she tried though, she just couldn't imagine Itachi rushing around like a madman. He was more of one who would have things all planned out for a week at a time. She debated with herself to wake him up or not, as she had absolutely no idea how'd he'd react to someone waking him up when he didn't want to be and almost missing a mission. She finally decided to take her chances and wake him up. `Here goes…' She lightly jabbed him in the back.
“Oi, Itachi-san, wake up,” she whispered. She saw him stir yet got no response. “Oi, Itachi.” She poked him a bit harder this time. Suddenly, he had he pinned down with his body, him on top of her, and a kunai pointed at her throat once more. `Um, this is a very suggestive position,' she thought nervously. The door swung open revealing Kisame, who must have been ready to wake him up also. Kisame stopped dead in his tracks and turned quite pale. `Oh shit. Now I've done it. I'm caught him doing something private. I'll just quietly walk out of here and pretend I saw absolutely nothing unusual. I'll just walk out now and…' He gathered his flustered thoughts together quickly when he saw Itachi glaring at him, Sharingan ablaze.
“Um, I'll just leave you two alone for awhile in private,” he said awkwardly as he crept out and quietly closed the door behind him. Sakura visibly swallowed. Itachi, like most other men she had known, slept with no shirt on and only pants. Sakura, being a sixteen-year old girl was quite flustered by the contact and tried not to blush. `Oh boy, now what have I gotten myself into?'
“Um, Itachi-san?” she asked meekly, bringing Itachi's attention back to her. “Could you please get off of me?” Itachi said nothing, but complied with her request. He still had the kunai at her throat. It was quite obvious that either Uchiha Itachi was not a morning person or extremely hated being woken up. “It's 6:30. Just thought you might want to know that.” Itachi mentally cursed. Sakura quickly got dressed (quite skillfully as she showed nothing while doing so) and ran towards the mess hall. Itachi followed her shortly afterwards, ready to go. Again, she avoided Itachi and unconsciously sat down next to Kisame. He flushed when he saw her.
“Um, what exactly were you two doing just then?” he asked, visibly red.
“It wasn't what it looked like!” she quickly blurted out. “I just startled him, that's all.” Kisame looked like he didn't believe her. For all he knew, Itachi was becoming a pedophile. “Honest!”
Sakura looked over to her right to where Itachi sat alone. Itachi was never the most sociable person in the world, so as long as you didn't bother him, he didn't bother you. She looked back to Kisame who seemingly lost his appetite at the mental picture he was having in his head, and then when back to eating her food. `I do not want to be thrusted into that situation ever again.
 
Author's End Note: Again, Kisame was stuck in another thing he shouldn't have stumbled upon (notice the running gag here yet?). XD Just a random Naruto thought: Since Itachi's hair is always kept nice and neat, how often does he shampoo? XD Yes, I'm a nut. Deal with it.