Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, I'm back from my break so you can all rejoice now. Anyways, I have some really sad news that will probably disappoint most of you. I might not continue this story as ideas are getting lower and lower every day and not may people give me ideas when I ask for them. So, if I don't get any ideas soon, I will have to take this story down and I really don't wish to do that. One last thing. Why is this story my most popular one? I mean, it's not even very well written and I've made so many errors on it, so why do people like it? Please tell me your reasoning because I've been extremely curious about this for a very long time. Also my friend was asking me when Itachi shows up in the anime and I replied not until around episode 80 or so and she was like O.o and then the room was filled with a loud WHAT?!
-Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. Almost forgot. There will be only a few more flashbacks left and then everything will start to be in the present again.
 
P.P.S. I've been having very odd dreams lately. The strangest being when Itachi was our art teacher… O.O
 
Italics- flashbacks/Sakura's thoughts during present times
 
Chapter 21
 
Sakura sighed as she flopped down on her bed. The day had been boring with nothing going on and little to do. She had had no appetite whatsoever, so all she did with her food at dinner was push it around on her plate. She seemed to be doing that more and more often lately. So here she was, waiting, her patience wearing thin. She was waiting for Sasuke to come back from his mission and stay the night with her just as he had promised early that morning. Another sigh escaped her lips as she thought about missions. Being ANBU captain was stressful and she was deciding whether she should step down or not and hand the position over to Naruto. As she thought, she heard the door creak open. It must be Sasuke! She had left the door open on purpose so he could just walk right inside and not have to bother with knocking. She didn't want him to think he was interrupting her.
“So how'd the mission go Sa…su…ke…” the words died in her throat. Oh crap. She found herself staring into crimson orbs that she knew all too well. She averted her gaze. No matter how strong she had become, he'd always be the superior one.
“What are you doing here?” she asked softly, still looking at the ground. For some reason, she just wasn't in the mood to argue with him today. The sooner he got what he wanted the sooner he'd leave. He reached out a hand and turned her face to look at him.
“You're supposed to look one in the eye when you address them, no matter how rude the gesture,” he stated, just as soft. He was up to something tonight and Sakura wasn't at all too eager to find out what it was.
“You always said to show respect to one's superiors. I'm only following that command.” Her voice was a whisper now. She didn't know why she was whispering; she was in her own house. Maybe it was for safety measures. If they spoke softly enough, Sasuke wouldn't suspect anything when he came in. Truthfully, she was actually afraid to look him in the eye today. Whenever she did, she felt violated and dirty. She had to admit, Sasuke's brother was never the pleasant one. At least Sasuke had hope; his elder brother did not.
“So what did you come here for?” she asked again. He didn't respond. He was always good at avoiding questions he never wanted to answer, but it's not like anyone in their right mind would pressure him to.
“Are you going to tell him?” he asked her instead.
“I don't think I can,” came the reply.
“You are testing my patience kunoichi. If you don't tell him within the next two weeks, you know the consequences. You will have to come back to the Akatsuki with me, and I know you don't want that.” She sighed. Stupid deals.
“You're right, but what am I supposed to say? Just come up to him and tell him at point blank?”
“You'll have to figure that out on your own kunoichi. That part is not my problem.” She sighed. It seemed she could never get a straight answer out of him.
Silence passed between the two and Sakura was getting tired. She always seemed to grow weary around him. Her brain was giving her slow thoughts. This wasn't right. This was not growing tired; this was the aftereffects of not eating and having proper nutrition. Her vision started to blur and her knees buckled underneath her. Oh hell… I'm going pass out right here in his arms. He's not going to like this… And with that thought, she blacked out.
 
“Sakura?” Sakura heard a voice ask through her clouded senses. “Sakura?” It couldn't be Itachi. It was similar, but not similar enough. He never used her real name and why would he be concerned about her. Yeah, like that'll ever happen. “Sakura!” Sakura slowly opened her eyes. Sasuke's face was hovering above her.
“Sakura, are you alright?” he asked her, genuinely concerned.
“What do you mean?” she asked back, her brain not entirely functioning.
“Well, I came into your bedroom and I found you unconscious on your bed.” Bed? By the way I was standing back then, wouldn't I have been on the floor? Oh shit. What did he do to me? She paused in her thoughts. Nah, it's not like Itachi to take advantage of someone sexually. That I know for sure.
“Sakura!” Sakura was startled out of her musings. Sasuke's voice always seemed to bring her back to earth.
“Yes?”
“DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!” Sakura blinked.
“You were… worried about me?”
“I didn't say that,” he quickly replied, turning his face away so she wouldn't see the small blush forming there. She sat up.
“Admit it Sasuke,” she said teasingly. “You were worried.”
“No, I was not.”
“Yes you were.” She immediately found herself pinned to the bed.
“FOR THE LAST TIME I WAS NOT!” Sakura, a bit unnerved by their position, gulped.
“All right, all right,” she said. “I've got the concept.” Sasuke relinquished his hold on her and rolled over on his side to lie next to her.
“Hey Sakura?” he asked her. “What is your relationshi…”
“If this question concerns how I know your brother, I'm not going to answer it,” she swiftly replied, cutting him off. He was silent for awhile until he rolled over again, his face closer to hers.
“Hey Sakura?” he began, tangling his fingers in her hair.
“Yeah?” she asked. Oddly enough, she wasn't disturbed by the situation this time around.
“Are you going on the ANBU mission tomorrow?”
“No, why?”
“Because I'm not going either.” And with that, he kissed her. He kissed her long and deep and she returned it passion for passion. She was enjoying the kiss until she felt his hand starting to crawl up her shirt. She immediately shoved him away.
“NO,” she said firmly, drawing the line between them. She tried not to laugh at the pouty, disappointed face he was giving her. She only partly succeeded as it came out as a snicker.
“You've been taking lessons from Kakashi, haven't you?” she asked him playfully.
“WHAT? NO!” he immediately denied.
“Are you sure?”
“Sakura, are you implying something?”
“Maybe, maybe not.”
“Hn.” He wrapped his arms about her waist and pulled her to him.
“Are going to go to sleep now Sakura?” he asked her, nuzzling his face inti her hair. She didn't reply. “Sakura?”
“Um, Sasuke? There's something that I think you should know…”
 
Author's End Note: Alright, two things. First off, there will be a flashback next chapter to explain what she is going to tell him and then it will return back to this scene of her actually telling him. Last of all, about Sakura passing out, this can happen. I should know. I'm hypoglycemic, which means that if I don't eat within a certain timeframe, I'll get shaky, and, in extreme cases, pass out. So I just wanted to inform you that her reason for passing out is medically and scientifically proven, and can really happen.