Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, I'm back again, this time quicker than ever! I absolutely loved the reviews you guys left for me with all your ideas (though I admit, some of them I didn't even think about, but they just wouldn't really fit in the story). I have most of what Sakura's going to say worked out, but not all of it so there will probably be one to three chapters of flashbacks until I figure it out (yes, we're almost at the end of the flashbacks so all the people who wanted more present times can rejoice now). Thank you all for leaving your reasons as to why you liked this story (even the ones who didn't exactly give me a straight answer) and I am very grateful. Last but not least, a clue to what she's going to say:
It has something to do with deals. Lots of deals. Let's just say one of them Sasuke isn't going to be too happy about because his brother can do… (fill in the blank) if he chooses to.
That's all for now!
-Yuugi-chan
 
babykitty2270- P.S. means post scriptum. It literally translates from the Latin as “after writing.”
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
Chapter 22
 
Sakura was sick of it. She was sick of being stuck in the Akatsuki for so long. She had been in Itachi's care for almost a year now, and she thought she just couldn't stand any more of it. She was tired of how he always kept an eye her, tired of waking up next to him every day, and just plain fed up with his training sessions with her that almost seemed to be 24/7 when there were no missions going on. She once thought, `What does this man do for entertainment?' but decided that Itachi was never one to be entertained or needed entertainment, so she just shook off the considerably stupid question.
So here she was sitting in her room (more specifically Itachi's room) with her knees pulled up to her chin, contemplating on ways to escape. All of them, she thought, would end up in complete failure. As she heard the door opening, she came across a thought that just might win her her freedom.
“You know Itachi-san,” she said, looking up, “I think it's now well the time for me to leave.”
“Why should I let you?” came the reply.
“What do you mean `why'?” she asked.
“I see no benefit in it for me whatsoever,” he said in response to her question.
“Then I propose we make a deal.” He raised an eyebrow at this.
“A deal? You already have a debt to pay up kunoichi, so I'd suggest you not start making more,” he said.
“And what, pray tell, is that?” she asked.
“Saving you from those men who were going to rape you,” he replied.
“I never made a deal on that. You did it out of your own accord.”
“I can always hand you over to those men again. Do you really want that?”
“…No…”
“Then you owe me something. Why do you think nobody comes within five feet of you? You are under my protection, and for that, I feel inclined to receive something in return.”
She sighed, “Fine, we'll sort out the details of that `deal' later, just let me make my requests and then you can do whatever you damn well please.”
“I'm listening…” he stated.
“All right, here's the deal. You let me go and I'll heal whatever members need medical care before leaving.” He thought about this.
“Fine,” he said, “You may leave starting at the beginning of next week, but note that this does not guarantee your safety from the other Akatsuki members.”
“So let me get this straight. I basically leave this place not knowing where the hell I am and worrying that Akatsuki members are going to come after me?”
“Precisely.”
“But I'd like to leave in safety and know where I'm going first.”
“That sounds like another deal kunoichi.” Again, she sighed.
“Alright, what would you like me to give you in exchange for my safety?”
“Every two years, you must come back to the Akatsuki and give us information on the ANBU's motives.”
“I don't think I can do that.”
“Then there is no guarantee.” A growl escaped her throat.
“FINE! I'll come every two years to give you information, but don't expect me to tell you every single detail. Some things must remain private.”
“Fair enough. Now, about the deal for your rescue eleven months back…”
 
“Sasuke,” she said again. “I need to tell you something.”
“And what would this be?” he asked her.
Tell him this…
She hesitated.
“Sakura?”
“I…” she began, “I made deals with your brother, Itachi. Itachi, he…” She stopped again. She up at him and what she saw there was a grim expression. She had his full attention. For that, she was sure of.
“Go on…” Sasuke ground out, obviously agitated at what she was telling him.
“I made four deals with him. The second one was in exchange for my escape from the Akatsuki. Because that didn't insure my safety when leaving, I made a third deal with him. My part of the deal was to go back to the Akastuki every two years and inform him on some of the ANBU's motives…”
“Sakura….” he seethed. “You're not supposed to do that.”
“What was I supposed to do Sasuke? Huh? Tell me that! It's not like I tell him anything too important.”
“Is there any more?”
“Yes…”
“Then say it!” His grip on her waist tightened.
“The fourth I made just a few weeks ago when I came back from that mission. In exchange for sparing me, I have to tell you what I'm going to say next…”
“HE WHAT?” She jumped. He took a few minutes to compose himself. “Go on,” he commanded at last.
“My deals, he…” Sasuke did a double take.
“Hold on,” he said. “You said you made four deals with him. What ever happened to the first deal?” She hesitated again, longer this time. “Sakura…” he growled. “TELL ME!” She swallowed nervously.
“My first deal,” she said. “My first deal was a result of him saving me from being raped and then killed. I was fifteen years old at the time. In exchange for this, until I reach the age of twenty-two…” she mumbled the rest.
“Sakura, speak up!” Again, she swallowed.
“Until I reach the age of twenty-two, Itachi, your brother, can do whatever he pleases with me…”
 
Author's End Note: All right, that's the end of the flashbacks! Now I have to start coming up with ideas for the present time. Oh, and I'm going to state this for the last time: THIS WILL BE A SASUSAKU FIC! Sorry about that, it's just that I've had so many people asking…