Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, I could have done better with the deals last chapter, but oh well, what's done is done and I don't feel like rewriting it. I also got my first flame and because of it, it's really making me want to take this story down. But that's besides the point. The whole point is, I do not accept flames. I absolutely love constructive critism (really, I do!) because that can help me tweak the story to my reader's liking. I lot of people didn't like this chapter, and they said so in a nice way, but that flame… I'm not sure if I want to continue anymore… So, because of this, this chapter is going to be extremely short. Also, I just want to let you guys know that I'm trying. I really, really am.
-Yuugi-chan
 
krista- Um, don't really know what to say to that comment. But, of course, it's not what you think. The whole point of that was to give you the wrong impression (which, of course, naturally gives Sasuke the wrong impression too)! Trust me, I know my Itachi's out of character, but he's not going to be so much out of it as to stoop to those measures! He knows better than that (after all, he was raised with better manners)! So no, it's actually not that disgusting. Also, remember two chapters ago I said that it wasn't like Itachi to take advantage of someone sexually, so keep that in mind. I said that for a reason you know. Basically, he's using her to squander more than her required amount of information from her so the Akatsuki can plan better attacks on the ANBU or something along the lines of that nature. And even though they still do have this deal going on, she finds ways of avoiding it, and Itachi doesn't really seem to care all that much. I can't really describe their relationship right now. It's not a lover's relationship, a teacher to student relationship, nor an enemy relationship. Maybe I should rewrite the summary and say that the relationship is a slight ItachixSakura (very slight).
 
inuyashafangirl333 and kyoharu-chan- See above.
 
Mistress DragonFlame- Actually that would have been a good idea. Personally, I was toying around with that idea, but decided it wouldn't exactly fit and our beloved Sasuke would have killed our poor Sakura (or at least scared the living daylights out of her) over it.
 
Chapter 23
 
“What…was…that?” Sasuke fumed. “Sakura, please tell me that I did not hear what I just thought I heard you say…” Sakura gulped. Oh boy, he's taking this the wrong way…
“Sakura…” he ground out. “If he did anything to you I swear that I will personally see to it that his heart is literally ripped out and posted in front of Konoha's gates.”
“No, no, no Sasuke!” she quickly said. “He has no interest in me that way whatsoever!” His grip on her waist loosened.
“Then why did you say that?” he asked her, still a bit irritated.
“You didn't let me finish!” she argued. “Until I reach the age of twenty-one, he can do whatever he likes with me if it concerns matters and issues between the Akatsuki and ANBU.” Sasuke let out a long breath.
“Sakura, did he…” he started.
“No,” she stated flatly. “As I've said before, he wouldn't do that as he has no interest in me whatsoever. Even if he did, I wouldn't let him.” Sasuke let go of her waist and fell back onto the bed once more.
“Curse you Sakura,” he said. “You had me going…”
“You just jump to conclusions,” she said.
“I had good reason to,” he spat back.
“You of all people should know your brother better than that,” she replied.
“I can never tell with him anymore. He's not the brother that I used to know and love.” They sat in silence for awhile before Sakura spoke up.
“Sasuke,” she started, “are you angry with me?” He lifted his head up a little to look up at her.
“What do you think?” he responded.
“I know you are, but are you that angry as you'd go as far as avoiding me?”
“I'm still here, aren't I?”
“Well yes, but…”
“Now who's jumping to conclusions here Sakura?” he snidely remarked. She flushed a bit.
“Sasuke, I've made up my mind,” she said.
“About what?” he asked.
“I'm stepping down from my position as ANBU captain and handing the responsibility to Naruto.” At first Sasuke looked at her incredulously, but then burst out laughing.
“Do you really think that Naruto is capable of leading the ANBU squad?” he asked, trying to stifle his laughter.
“He's matured more than you think. Hinata's mellowed him out quite a lot.”
“The Huuyga heir?” he asked, a bit puzzled. “What's she got to do with it?”
“You mean you didn't know?” she asked. Now it was her turn to be surprised.
“What don't I know?”
“How could you not know that Hinata is Naruto's girlfriend?” Sasuke sat up.
“That dobe has a girlfriend?” Sakura nodded.
“It seems he has you beat in that category,” she teasingly pointed out.
“He does not!” he instantly disagreed. Suddenly, there was a loud crash as Naruto came stumbling through the door.
“Sakura-chan!” he panted.
“What's going on?” she asked him. Then Sakura started to smell smoke. “Naruto, tell me! What's going on?!”
“It's the Akatsuki!” he said, still out of breath. “They've set fire to the Uchiha district!”
 
Author's End Note: I'm giving this story a month to see if inspiration comes to me (I do know we are extremely close to the final battle), and if none comes, down this story goes. Comments and constructive criticism is appreciated.