Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Thank you all so much for your encouragement. I really needed it. I usually don't get depressed over things like that, but it probably affected me more than usual because my English teacher left snide remarks on a paper I worked so hard on and he made the comments without reading the whole thing first. Also, he's given us a really hard compare and contrast report with a three page chart to fill out. I think of you guys and I always feel better. Also, what currently has me worked up is that I'm getting my first Naruto doujinshi (thank you Psychoblue!), so I'm really excited about that. Also, inspiration came to me a lot quicker than I thought it would, so I believe I'm back on track (at least for now).
 
And a question to all of you: Have any of you played Tekken before? If you have, have you ever played as Kunimitsu? This question is asked because I'm writing a Naruto/Tekken crossover, and I want to see who will read it (see my profile for more information). You guys probably won't like the pairing, but oh well, because it's one of my favorites.
 
Anyways, on to the quick author's response:
 
Inuyashafangirl333- No, unfortunately Cartoon Network comes in just as static right now. I will be able to watch it though when the leaves fall off the trees here (don't ask).
 
Sweet-But-Clueless- I try to update whenever I can and whenever the muses decide to move me, so my updates are usually random and sporadic.
 
Chapter 24
 
Sasuke sat bolt upright.
“Naruto, tell me I heard that incorrectly. Please tell me I heard that incorrectly,” he said.
“Would it make you feel better if I did?” Naruto asked back.
“Oh god, it's really happening, isn't it?” Sasuke groaned.
“Why would they be burning the Uchiha district?” Sakura asked.
“How the hell should I know?” both Naruto and Sasuke countered. A few moments of silence passed between the three, until Naruto spoke up.
“What the hell are we standing here for?” he asked. “We have to get moving! The rest of the ANBU members are waiting for instruction.” With that, he bounded out the open window and Sasuke and Sakura looked at each other before scrambling to get up and get dressed in their ANBU gear. Sasuke, of course, was already dressed and bounded out the window as well, but Sakura had to quickly put hers on and followed him there soon after.
 
When she reached the Uchiha district, the ANBU members were already in action. Obviously, Naruto had taken control when she hadn't shown up with Sasuke. Even though she had said she would step down from the position, she decided to get through this little (if you could call it that) ordeal first before giving up the bearings. She jumped up on the roof of Sasuke's burning house, and looked down at the ensuing battle. Currently, Sasuke was in curse seal mode, tearing anyone down who got in the way of his search for his brother, while Naruto was engaged in combat with Kisame. Sakura's eyes narrowed under her mask. Having Kisame here could only mean one thing; that Uchiha Itachi was here as well. Despite this though, she wasn't entirely surprised. He was the one that had probably ordered the burning of his former home. Now the question is, she asked herself, where is he? A chill ran up her spine as she felt a familiar chakra behind her. Scratch that. I think I've just found him… She slowly got to her feet before turning around to face him.
“You ordered this burning, didn't you?” she asked him.
“You could say that,” he coolly replied.
“Why?” He said nothing. “God damn it, answer my question!” she now screamed at him. Instead of answering though, he turned his head around slightly to look at his younger brother who was now currently behind him.
“Sakura,” he said. “Back away. He's mine to kill.” Sakura stayed rooted to the spot.
There's someone I have sworn to kill…
She lightly shook her head before slowly backing away from her teammate's elder brother. She suddenly found a kunai pointed at her throat.
“You're not going anywhere,” Itachi stated emotionlessly. “You'll stay where you are.” Sakura gulped. It wasn't just that she was torn between who to obey, but because Itachi seemed to unnerve her more than the usual amount tonight. With the burning Uchiha district as a backdrop, his cold demeanor seemed to be enhanced tenfold, his ruthlessness once again revealed. Uchiha Itachi never did anything without reason, and she wasn't sure if she now wanted to find out what that reason was.
Sasuke slowly unsheathed the katana from his back and pointed it towards his brother.
“Let her go,” he said in a low voice. “She's got nothing to do with this.”
“Ah, but that's where you would be wrong my Ototou,” he tonelessly replied back. “She has everything to do with it…”
 
Author's End Note: Yeah, I know. Extremely short, but I'm running out of ideas yet again, and my fight scenes suck (hopefully Psychoblue will help me out on that). Anyways, no, I'm not going to take this story down. I'm going to go through with it and finish it up. Also, I have a ton of other fic chapters to write, such as the next chapter in “Mistaken for a Suitor,” (which hasn't been updated since early Septmeber), “You Will No Longer Haunt Me,” and “MoonLance.” (which also hasn't been updated since late August to early September, and therefore it is the most pressing matter) I'm also working on a bunch of other fics such as “The Knife” (see profile for more information) and “Younger Brother, Older Brother.” I do promise you this though: THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER! MUCH LONGER!