Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What Naruto Wants ❯ Some Boys Are Just... Different ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hooray! I'm finally making a new chapter! Aren't you proud of me? As always, I'll be doing this in a sleep deprived state. What's wrong with me? Why do I always do this?? I also get to listen to the lovely melody of my neighbor's lawn mower. Yay. Also, as I'm typing away, I'm downloading episode 85. I have two hours to kill, but I don't think it'll take me that long to finish this chapter. But then again, I've never timed myself while doing this, so who knows? Well, let's get this sucker started, shall we?

-Insert all that crap about me not owning Naruto here-

.Chapter Five…………………………& #8230;………………………… ;………………………

"Oh no!! What have I done!?" A certain blonde shouted as he stared down at the remains of his rations.

A few crumpled wrappers were all that remained of the food he had planned to stretch for as long as he possibly could. How did this happen, you ask? Why he had eaten them. Upon waking up that morning, he had proceeded with all of his daily routines as always. Unfortunately, this included eating the remaining food in the house. He had completely forgotten about the previous day's happenings until he had just swallowed the last morsel of food. Yes, he managed to forget, even though all of his doors and windows were locked and barricaded.

"How did I forget?? Why did I have to eat it?" He searched the empty wrappers vainly for any crumbs he might have left.

After about ten minutes of freaking out, Naruto took a deep breath and decided that now was the time to asses his situation and find a sensible, adult solution.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

"And since you're such a cute, polite girl, how about an extra orange, on the house?" /It's rare to see such polite kids these days!/ the shop keeper grinned as she placed an extra fruit into the bag.

"Ah… Thank you, um, Ma'am," said a nervous looking blonde girl as she quickly paid for the food and rushed away.

"Yes! I'm such a genius! No one will recognize me like this!" Naruto giggled at his own `cleverness.' "And I even get free food!" He added as he eyed the extra piece of fruit among all the other groceries he was carrying in his cloth bag.

No, he wasn't using Sexy No Jutsu. Too many people had seen him use it, so he knew that wouldn't work. Instead he had snuck into his downstairs neighbor's house and stole some of her daughter's clothes. He was a ninja, after all. He was wearing a loose blue sundress (loose to hide his lack of figure), a straw hat (to hide his face), and some plain tan sandals. His hair was smoothed down with water and pushed behind his ears. He had even taken some concealer and covered up the whisker-like scars on his cheeks as best as he could. He pretty much looked like a cute, under-developed girl.

As I'm sure you could guess, Naruto was pretty happy with himself once he had finished his shopping without mishap. He had "heard" a few unsettling things from some lecherous men (and in a few cases, women), but somehow it just wasn't as disturbing when it came from strangers. Yes, everything was going perfectly until he happened to notice three familiar siblings from the corner of his eye.

"Well, let's just get this over with," Temari sighed as they headed in the direction of Hokage's office.


"Why'd they send us anyway?" Kankuro whined angrily. "They could have sent anyone from the village, but no; WE have to come here…"

"Stop complaining, Kankuro," Gaara ordered.

"Tch…" The older brother continued grumbling to himself.

Naruto stared. What are those three doing here?? His sudden curiosity made him consider dropping his groceries and following after them. It was the first time he was actually eager to read someone's mind. I wonder what he thinks about. Is he upset about losing our fight? I wonder if he wants a re-match.

He was just about to follow the three sand Nins when he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Excuse me…"

"What is it?" Naruto asked irritably as he turned to see who was distracting him.

"Na-Naruto-kun?? It really is you!" Rock Lee exclaimed with a gasp. /Why is he dressed like a girl?/

The older boy was still using crutches. It was surprising that he was being allowed out of the hospital, but then Naruto was just having that kind of luck lately, it seemed.

"Eh!? Lee! I-I mean… who's Naruto? I don't know anyone named Naruto!!" He waved his hands frantically. "You're crazy! That's crazy!"

Lee sweat-dropped. "Naruto-kun, I know it's you." /No one can trick me. I'm just too clever./

Glancing around quickly, he grabbed Lee by the arm and dragged him to a gap between two buildings. "Listen, it's not what you think!"

Lee grinned and clapped a hand on Naruto's shoulder. "Don't be ashamed Naruto-kun, I won't judge. Some boys are just… different from other boys." /I'm such a nice guy!/

"No, no, no!! Like I said, it's not that! It's… it's a long story."

"Oh?" /I like stories!!/

"I don't have time to tell you right now. Didn't you see who's in the village?"

"Huh? No, who?" /Is he trying to make excuses?/

"I'm not making excuses; those guys from the sand are here."

"What?" /Him?/ "Why are they here?"

"I don't know, I was gonna follow them, but you just had to show up!"

Lee frowned. /What could they be doing here in Konoha?/

Just then Naruto realized something. "Lee!" He exclaimed excitedly. "You're normal! You don't want to whip me or do things on my table or think of naughty books, or anything!!" To Lee's surprise, Naruto suddenly hugged him. "I can't believe it! You don't think I'm cute, or anything!!"

At this point, the thick-browed boy had completely forgotten about the visitors from Hidden Sand. /What's up with Naruto?? Why's he hugging me all of a sudden?/

"Oh, ah…" Naruto blushed a bit as he quickly released Lee. "Sorry… Ahah, a lot's happened."

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

"I can't believe it!" Lee said in awe as Naruto finished explaining all that had happened. "I never knew such a thing could happen!" /I wonder if Gai-sensei knows about this!/

They were now in Naruto's apartment. The blonde had decided he didn't want to risk anyone seeing him for many reasons. Plus, he had to get his groceries home (duh!). Le had insisted on carrying Naruto's bag. "Even if I'm injured, I can't not lend a hand to a girl!" (Followed by the nice guy pose, of course.) The fact that Naruto wasn't really a girl hadn't gotten him to change his mind, so Naruto finally gave in and let him carry them.

"Yeah, I didn't think so either."

"Why don't you see the Hokage-sama?" /She'll know how to fix this!/

"Idiot, don't you think I tried that?"

"She didn't help?" /Maybe Gai-sensei will know what to do!/

"Dammit, Gai-sensei isn't the answer to everything, ya know!!" The instructor really was that boy's solution to everything.

"Hey!" He raised a crutch at Naruto. "Don't talk like that about Gai-sensei!" /I'll stand up for you, Gai-sensei!/

"Stupid, I didn't say anything about him! I just said he's not the answer to everything!" He pointed his finger at Lee.

"It was the way you said it!" /No one talks bad about Gai-se-/

"Is he all you ever think about??"

"What's wrong with thinking about my cool sensei?"

"You're obsessed!"

"Well, at least I'm not wearing a dress!"

Naruto blushed when he realized he had forgotten to change his clothes. "Well, at least I'm not a thick-brow!"

"Fine!" Lee stomped (as well as he could with crutches) to the front door. "If you're going to be like this, I would try and help you!!" /How dare he talk like that about me and Gai-sensei!/

"Well, I don't need your help!! I never asked for you to help, anyway!!" He stuck out his tongue as Lee slammed the door behind him.

Tch! See if I care. I don't need someone like him around anyway. He'd just waste my time talking about his stupid sensei.

He mussed up his hair as he plopped angrily onto a chair. He started it by being so damn over-sensitive, anyway!!

……………………… …………………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;……………

This chapter's a bit short, too, huh? Well, at least it's not as bad as the last one! That one was awful! It's getting harder for me to think up ideas. It would be great if you guys would make more suggestions. I don't just mean like "So-and-so should appear, it would be funny." If you have any suggestions, you can e-mail me at moogle_76@yahoo.com or just leave it in a comment. Oh, and to all you sand sibling fans, don't worry. I'll be sure to have them appear again later. I just got distracted when I decided to make Lee show up. Oh, and I made a few mistakes in earlier chapters since I referred to the Hokage as a he. I wasn't sure what time this was taking place during at the time, so I figured I'd leave it as the Third, but if Gaara and such are going to be here, it should be the Fifth. I'm lazy, so I'm just going to ignore the errors, and if you love me, you'll do the same. Well, Anywho I guess that's about it. Review, my pretties! Review!