Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 11. IN LOVE? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11. IN LOVE?
 
Asuka had wished at least four times that she could drown the daimyo's daughter in the cold sea between the country of Water and the country of Fire.
The atmosphere throughout the whole journey had been…heavy, to say the least. Sachiko kept on snuggling against the young Uchiha-yeah, snuggling against THE Itachi Uchiha, Asuka looking like an ice statue, coldness emanating from her every move and word (very few words, to be honest), and Kakashi trying to calm her down.
Itachi? Itachi was expressionless, and stoic as usual. The blonde was really bothering him. He hated close contact; and this girl was invading his vital space. Normally whoever tried to touch him without his explicit approval bitterly regretted coming into contact with the Uchiha; and if this “whoever” was a girl, well, too bad for her. He hated fangirls, they were just a bunch of useless human beings who, instead than improving their skills in ninjutsu (he didn't even consider civilians), wasted their time chuckling and giggling and chasing him.
Itachi had wished at least four times that he could drown the daimyo's daughter in the cold sea between the country of Water and the country of Fire.
But this girl was their mission.
He had to stay calm, keep breathing in and out, and trying not to punch her every time she came too close.
He was being patient.
He was always patient.
Even now.
He was doing it because of the mission, dammit!
`Asuka-chan, why don't you understand????' he surprised himself thinking. He sighed. After The Discovery Of The Truth Revealed, or after he admitted he had a certain interest towards the long haired jounin, he often caught himself in the middle of…unbecoming thoughts. Nothing that unbecoming, sure, but thoughts that troubled him.
These thoughts were so unlike him.
He knew he was doomed when he realized that Special Interest, because it would have been another obstacle between him and the way.
He had considered about involving the girl in his plan. As a victim, of course.
She was the closest thing to a weakness that he could picture.
 
She was his weakness.
 
And he hated her.
 
He hated her because she had forced him to like her.
 
And he couldn't allow himself nor weaknesses neither love.
 
`Easy' he had thought `no more Asuka, no more love, no more weakness.'. But he couldn't do that.
 
He supposed that he had to deal with her, then.
 
“Itachi-kun, I'm scared of deep water” an annoying voice made him look down.
“Sachiko-san, there's nothing to worry about” Kakashi replied, as Itachi seemed not willing to speak.
“Right Kakashi. Nothing to worry about, unless someone…” Asuka was shut by Kakashi's hand on her mouth.
He smiled nervously to the blond girl, who looked at Asuka rather badly.
Still smiling, and gritting his teeth, the white haired jounin managed to hiss in the kunoichi's ear. “Asuka-chan…calm…don't start with your poisonous comments…do it for me…”. He still had the girl trapped between his stronger arms, and was still covering her mouth, until she stopped struggling.
He released her, and she murmured something like “Hai, sempai.”.
The boat touched the shores of the country of Fire, and the three ninjas descended.
“Ahm.”. They turned.
“How do you expect me to descend the boat?” Sachiko had her hand on her hips, and was looking bothered.
“With your legs, Sachiko-san?” Asuka suggested mockingly.
“You are very rude, Asuka. I wonder what the heads of your clan teach to girls, if you are so ill mannered. A well mannered girl, especially a daimyo daughter, NEVER descends from boats, coaches and things of the kind without servants helping her.”
Kakashi had his hand covering his eyes, looking depressed and hopeless.
“I see no servants, Sachiko-san.” Replied the kunoichi.
“Itachi-kun, come and lift me so I can descend this boat. Your teammates seem not willing to help a damsel in distress.” Commanded the blonde.
Damsel in distress? Damsel in distress???
If Kakashi hadn't been the fast ninja he was, a loud laugh would have covered the silence. But again, he had his hand on Asuka's mouth.
Itachi had come closer to the boat, and lifted the girl, who was now adjusting her vest.
“OUCH!” Kakashi screamed, holding the hand that had covered Asuka's mouth. “You bit me!” he seemed surprised and hurt.
“You were suffocating me! And quit with shutting my mouth!” Asuka replied angrily.
“Kakashi-san! Did she hurt you?” Sachiko ran worriedly towards the man, freeing Itachi for a few moments.
The raven haired boy came close to Asuka. “Hei.” He said.
“Hei.” Replied the girl, before walking away with an offended look.
Itachi sighed and shook his head. She was behaving like a child.
Was she jealous? This thought made him feel better.
 
* * *
 
The last part of the journey back to Konoha was silent.
Asuka was mad at Itachi for the way he behaved, and mad at Kakashi because he kept on treating her like a kid.
When they spotted the huge gates of Konoha, Asuka felt relieved.
The mission had been successful, but the heavy atmosphere between the three Anbu members was beginning to mash her up.
“Asuka-chan!” Asuka looked at the boys running towards her.
“Tomoyo-chan! Hitomi-chan!” she hugged the girls, and was then tackled on the ground by her other friends. “Asuka-chan! I missed you so much!” Shisui was holding the kunoichi tightly.
“I… missed…you…too...but now please move, you're killing me!” she replied breathing hard. The young Uchiha quickly stood, and nodded in acknowledgement at Itachi and Kakashi.
“Now, don't you greet your cousin?” another boy hugged her.
“Ren…I'm glad to see you!” Asuka was happy now. The nightmare of her imposed closeness to the blonde girl was almost finished.
Sachiko studied the scene, bothered because nobody was paying attention to her.
She studied the three new boys who had greeted Asuka this warmly.
One looked very similar to Itachi, even if he had shorter hair and his features were not as gracious as his. The other one…he was very handsome. He looked like the male version of Asuka, with dark brown hair falling on his eyes, and a tanned complexion. He was tall, very tall, almost as tall as Kakashi. Was he their age? What was his name, again? Rin? Ran?
“I see that Asuka-chan forgot to introduce me…” she spoke. Asuka looked at her. `Forgot? I wish I could forget your existence!' The blonde passed Tomoyo and Hitomi, who looked questioningly at Asuka. the daimyo's daughter stopped in front of Shisui and Ren. “My name is Komatsu Sachiko, and I'm the daughter of the daimyo Nobu Komatsu. And you are…?” Shisui smiled and replied. “I am Uchiha Shisui, nice to meet you Sachiko-san” “Sachiko-san? Call me Sachiko-chan, please! Even if I am noble, there is no need to use the honorific!” Shisui nodded. Ren bowed his head lightly “My name is Yoshizumi Ren, and I'm Asuka-chan's cousin.”. “You can call me Sachiko-chan, too” smiled the blonde.
Tomoyo and Hitomi were speechless. The girl, who was acting so nice with Shisui and Ren, had passed them without even looking at them! Asuka shook her head, and whispered to her friends “It's a long story, I'll tell you later…”
 
Kakashi smiled at Asuka. “Asuka-chan, if you want you may go with your friends. You too, Itachi. I will take Sachiko-san to her father in the Hokage's tower.”
“Arigato, Kakashi-sempai” the kunoichi replied, and quickly walked away with her group.
Itachi was left there. He shook his head, and sped up to reach the girl. He wanted to talk to Asuka, he didn't like the way she had left.
 
* * *
“What? You want to talk privately with Asuka-chan?” asked Ren, as Itachi had reached the girl.
“No way, Itachi. You had her for you for three days and two nights.” Pointed Shisui.
“Yes, Itachi. You had me for three days and two nights. Too bad that you were busy with that Sachiko. Now I don't feel like talking to you” Asuka replied smirking.
“Hei! Itachi and the daimyo girl? I thought you were a serious man, Itachi.” Ren was shaking his head, a hand on Itachi's shoulder.
“Isn't that strange? I thought he was serious too” said Asuka “it must be just an impression.”.
Itachi was getting angry.
He didn't reply to Asuka, neither to her cousin, or his cousin.
He moved fast, very fast, and he disappeared in a puff of smoke.
With Asuka in his arms.
 
* * *
Kakashi bowed at the Hokage. “Oh! Kakashi-kun!“ greeted him the old man. “And this young lady must be Sachiko-chan, right?” the girl bowed. “You three together are even better than what I expected, Kakashi. I thought you would have been home tomorrow, or in a couple of days.” “The mission was easier than what we believed, Hokage-sama.” Replied the young man.
“I suppose Asuka-chan and Itachi-kun left with their friends, then. Sachiko-chan, your father is coming; I called him as soon as I saw you arriving.” “Arigato, Hokage-sama”. Said the girl bowing. Kakashi stared at her, rather amused. `If Asuka-chan could see her now!'
 
* * *
“Let me go! I said let me go!” Asuka exclaimed pushing the Uchiha prodigy away.
They were on the top branches of a tree, hidden by leafs.
“What the hell is wrong with you!” Asuka was angry; very, very angry. How dared this idiotic Uchiha…kidnap…her?!?
“That's what I should be asking you, Asuka-chan.” Replied quietly Itachi, sitting close to the girl.
“What do you mean?”
“You've been behaving…coldly towards me…and I say coldly not to say bitchy.” The boy smirked.
“I did?” asked ironically the girl.
“Yes, Asuka-chan. You did.” Itachi looked amused.
“Maybe it's because I didn't like to see you glued to that crazed girl, maybe, just maybe! And after all those nice words you told me yesterday morning! I was so stupid, I almost believed you!” now Asuka was letting all her anger show.
“I meant what I said, Asuka-chan. What do you think, that I liked having that…crazed girl, as you called her, well, having her all over me?”
“You seemed quite fine with that.” Asuka wore a pout.
Itachi softened. He hated how this girl always did that to him. He didn't want to soften, but she was too cute, and he couldn't resist her. He poked her forehead; she was as cute as Sasuke-chan when he was acting angry.
“Are you jealous, Asuka-chan?” he whispered softly.
“Jealous? Jealous?!?”
“I behaved the way I did just because she was part of our mission. She was our mission. I couldn't throw her out of the boat, could I?” he smiled.
And Asuka melted.
`No! no! Asuka! Dammit! Don't melt! He thinks that smiling like this is enough to get rid of me! he's wrong! Show him that he's wrong!'
“Hn.”
“What does that `hn' mean? That you are not mad at me anymore?” he inquired, his smile still on.
“No.”
“No? Then I'll have to make you stop being mad at me” he said, smirking.
Asuka lifted her head to look into his eyes. She wasn't sure that he was being serious.
“Ready?” he whispered, huskily.
`Ready? What for?' she thought.
 
Her eyes widened.
Her heart was beating wildly, and she thought that if she didn't stop it, it would have escaped from her chest. Don't stop it. Don't. Don't move.
But he moved.
She brought her right hand to her face, still staring at him.
It was still warm, between the corner of her lips and her cheek.
“Better now?” he whispered into her ear pulling her closer.
What was happening? What was happening?
 
Her mind was clouded.
 
Itachi. Itachi. Itachi…
Her breath was erratic, and she was getting lost in his perfume. He smelled like a man, and not like the boy he was. She thought of Kakashi, but the thought quickly disappeared, like a popping like a bubble in her mind.
It was him.
It was Itachi.
Not Kakashi.
Itachi.
She grabbed the boy's black Anbu shirt, fearing that she would have fallen off the tree is she hadn't someone to hold tight, if she hadn't Itachi to hold her tight.
She felt hot, very hot. She wanted something more. She grew bolder.
 
Itachi hadn't expected it.
 
She moved, caressing lightly his face with her fingertips.
His cheek.
She loved this diaphanous complexion. She loved the light red spread across his face. She loved knowing that she was the one making Uchiha Itachi blush.
She moved closer, and her fingertips traced his profile.
He was…lost, he didn't expect Asuka to do anything. He was curious, he wanted to know what she was about to do. He didn't dare moving.
They could feel each other's warm breath on their faces' skin, and the urge to touch the other more intimately. The girl touched his lips with her finger, feeling the smoothness, the warmth, staring at them, studying their shape and colour.
She wanted to touch these lips.
With hers.
 
They looked in each other's eyes.
 
Itachi lowered his face, and Asuka felt like this was the only thing she wanted on earth.
 
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAASUKA CHAAAAAAN!!!!” Shisui's voice interrupted the magical moment.
 
And before Itachi could realize, Asuka was gone.
 
* * *
The tub was filled to the extreme. Completely under the surface, Asuka was holding her breath.
She was red.
And when she thought about her blush, she blushed even more.
She had… she had… what had she done????
She had cursed herself for a few times, but that didn't change what had happened.
She ha…she had thrown herself in the arms of Uchiha Itachi! She had almost kissed him!
She felt like…like slapping herself, like hitting the wall with her head, like…
`Oh my god! Kami-sama! What did I do to you???' she sighed as she went out of the water.
She seemed to think a lot in the bathroom recently.
And the topic was always the same.
Uchiha.
Itachi.
 
She dried herself, and wore her underwear.
Then, drying her hair and brushing them, a thought flashed through her mind.
What was she supposed to do when they met again?
 
She hadn't considered the chance of casually meeting him; Konoha wasn't that big, after all.
 
And then.
 
Kakashi?
 
Did that mean that she didn't like Kakashi anymore?
Or that she was simply a slut?!?
 
It was surprising how often she had called herself a slut recently.
 
She sighed. She needed Tomoyo and Hitomi.
She needed to tell them everything about the mission…and what had happened on the tree.
 
No. She didn't feel like facing them.
 
`Itachi! You are a devil! And maybe right now he's laughing at me! Oh Kami!' she thought opening the doors of her closet, and picking the clothes for that night.
 
Her family was out for dinner, and she had picked the chance to go and confess her misdeeds to her closest friend on earth.
 
* * *
The doorbell rang.
 
“Comin! Ren come upstairs, I'm almost done!” she screamed.
She put on a jeans miniskirt, and a white sleeveless top. On that very moment, her cousin's face appeared on her bedroom door.
“Yo” he greeted.
She turned, and big, salty tears filled her eyes.
“Oh, Ren!”
The boy had seen it coming, and was already hugging the girl, patting lightly on her back.
They sat on her bed, and he lifted her face.
“C'mon, Asuka-chan. Tell everything to your big cousin. What did the idiotic Uchiha do to my little Asuka-chan? Tell me and I swear that I'll use him as a punching box” he smiled, still holding her.
“I am bad! I am the worst girl in the world!” Asuka sobbed.
“No, Asuka-chan, you're not…now, calm down and explain me what happened.”
Asuka sniffed. “It's…it's about Itachi. He was all caring and sweet, or at least as caring and sweet as an Uchiha can be. You know about Kakashi, don't you? I was so…confused…and Itachi gave me a strawberry at the festival…and Kakashi gave me…what was it…a peach when we were on mission…and…sniff…and he told me that he cared…now, Tomoyo-chan and Hitomi-chan told me to beware, because maybe he cares about me the way you do, and he doesn't see me like more than a little girl. And I was confused, because…I was feeling attracted to Itachi…But then…then this Sachiko came…and she was always all over Itachi, and she was behaving all sweet and lovely around him and Kakashi, but all bitchy around me…I'm so glad that now I'm home…and Itachi told me not to be upset, and he was all nice, and then…today…when he took me away…we went on a tree…and..” Asuka was speaking fast, and Ren was having an hard time understanding everything she said between sobs and sighs.
“and, Asuka-chan? What happened next?” encouraged her the dark haired boy.
“And he told me not to be jealous, and that he was forced to be close to her, because she was the mission or something, and then I was still angry, and he told me that he needed to make me feel better…and and…and…he kissed me there” she said, pointing to the right corner of her lips.
Ren smiled. “Owww! My little cousin's first kiss! And what did you feel? Did you feel…that special something?” he looked at the girl maliciously.
“It was not my first kiss! He didn't kiss me…kiss me, I mean, it was not *fully* on the lips!” Asuka protested, punching Ren's chest.
“Ok, ok, sorry, sorry!” he said, protecting himself with his arms.
“But I did feel something…I was like out of mind…I was hot, and wanted to be closer to him. And I almost…kissed him. Shisui's voice calling me stopped me. Is it that what you meant as special something?” she asked, suddenly turning all serious.
Ren seemed thoughtful. “Well, not only that. I mean…did you feel like…like he was very important to you?”
“But you know that he is!” she exclaimed.
“Ok, Asuka-chan. Like he was *the most important thing*, and that everything else was…secondary?” Ren explained. Asuka was really slow sometimes.
Asuka looked away quickly.
“Ah! Got you! Asuka-chan! You're in love! and with Itachi!” Ren had stood up, and was pointing at Asuka, jumping up and down.
A blushing kunoichi looked at him. “Do you…do you really believe that…I'm in love with…Uchiha Itachi?” she asked, timidly.
Ren calmed down, and kneeled in front of her.
“Yes, in my opinion you are.” And he poked her forehead
Asuka smiled.
“Waaaaaa!!!! I'm in love!” and she joined her cousin's jumping.
 
* * *
When they arrived at the usual meeting place with Tomoyo and Hitomi, under the sakura tree, Asuka and Ren were still jumping up and down, giggling and chuckling. Hitomi arched a brow, while Tomoyo burst into laughter. “Do you guys realize that you look absolutely ridiculous?!?” managed to say Tomoyo, between a laugh and a giggle. The two didn't seem to mind, so Hitomi spoke “At least do you have a reason for this…unnatural behaviour?”. The cousins stopped. Ren moved a step away from Asuka, and said “Ladies, I have the privilege to announce you the greatest news of the year! Of the century! Of the millennium!” Tomoyo and Hitomi were puzzled.
The two Yoshizumi looked into their eyes, and nodded. “I am…” began Asuka “…in love with…” continued Ren. “With? With?” asked the two girls. “UCHIHA ITACHI!!!!” exclaimed the Asuka and Ren, in the unison.
 
Silence.
 
Tomoyo was speechless, and so was Hitomi.
 
Silence.
 
Asuka and Ren began to worry.
Asuka shyly asked “Is…is it this terrible?”
 
Her two friends tackled her on the ground.
“You…you! And how long did you think to wait before telling us?!” asked Tomoyo.
“Yeah! Uchiha Itachi! And you didn't tell us!” added Hitomi.
“Ren! Help me! Ren!” called Asuka, buried under her best friends. “I realised…just tonight! I couldn't tell you before, because I didn't know it!” she added.
Her friends stopped.
“Wait.” Said Tomoyo. “Hitomi-chan, are you thinking what I'm thinking?”
Hitomi nodded.
“And what exactly are you thinking? Because if you are planning any kind of revenge on Asuka-chan, remember that she is the Yoshizumi clan heir, and that I may have to kill you in order to protect her” said Ren with fake solemnity.
“What do you mean that you're in love with Itachi?” asked Hitomi.
Asuka tilted her head to the side, questioningly.
“Right. Is it…ok I have a crush on Itachi, or I have a huge crush on Itachi, or is it…in love-in love?” inquired Tomoyo, a malicious grin plastered on her face.
Asuka had seen it coming.
“Who knows? At the moment all I know is that I have a…special interest…in Uchiha Itachi. Ain't that enough?!” she grinned.
“Say it again! I still don't believe it!” laughed Tomoyo.
“What is so unbelievable? I just said I am in love with Itachi, nothing more!” Asuka replied simply.
Tomoyo and Hitomi's smiling expression faded.
 
“Good…good evening…Shisui…” said the Inuzuka girl.
 
Asuka froze, and turned slowly.
 
Shisui was behind her. Expressionless.
 
“Shisui, I…” she began.
 
But he ran away. Asuka took no time to think before she acted, and was after him.
He was fast, very fast. There was a reason, after all, if in the Uchiha clan he was known as Shunshin no Shisui, or Shisui of the Body Flicker.
 
And it was in that very moment that Itachi arrived under the sakura tree, and witnessed at the confused ending of the scene.
 
“What happened?” he asked to Ren.
But the Yoshizumi just shook his head.
 
* * *
“Shisui! Wait!” she called him.
They were almost arrived at the river.
 
And Shisui stopped. Asuka stopped behind him, less than a metre separating them.
 
“Shisui-kun, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry.” She said, happiness completely disappeared from her voice.
The boy turned, eyes red, but not because of the Sharingan. His eyes were red, but no tears stained his white cheeks.
 
“I knew this was going to happen. After all, he is Uchiha Itachi. And I am just Uchiha Itachi's best friend. I wanted to believe that at least in that…at least with you, I could have surpassed him, but it seems that he was better even in gaining your love.” Shisui said, a hand buried in his raven locks.
 
“I didn't chose him because he's better than you. Hell, Shisui, I didn't even chose him! It just happened! I…I don't know how it happened. But it did, and I am sorry if I hurt you, I am sorry. I care too much about you, and you know it, you know that I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose, right, Shisui-kun?” she asked softly, a hand on his left shoulder.
 
“Hn” nodded the boy.
 
Asuka hugged him. “I'm sorry Shisui-kun, don't be mad at me…I couldn't stand losing you.”
 
“There is no need to apologise” he said “everyone is free to fall in love. So you don't have to apologise. I just…am sad because…I really like you very much, Asuka-chan. And I know that Itachi likes you too. You know, I had told him that I liked you, long ago. After the storm, remember? I asked Itachi for advice. At first he tried to help me…but then…then I understood that he liked you too. There was a sort of…war between us, you know?” he smiled lightly, eyes still red.
 
Asuka smiled, on the verge of crying. “What can I do with you Shisui-kun? You are so gentle, so kind hearted, and I am so bad. I keep on hurting you.”
 
“No! you are not bad. My Asuka-chan is not bad. And I know that you…that you don't want to hurt me. See? I am the one hurt, and you are the one crying!” he said.
 
“I am not crying!” said Asuka sobbing.
 
Both laughed. “Be happy Asuka-chan. I still like you very much, it's not like I can erase the feeling at this very moment. But one day I will see you just like a friend. Be happy, and if Itachi-teme does anything bad to you, just tell me, and I'll kick his ass!” said Shisui.
 
“Thank you, Shisui-kun.” She said, drying a tear.
 
* * *
When Shisui and Asuka were back to the Sakura tree, where Ren, Hitomi, Tomoyo and Itachi were waiting, everyone stared at them, and at their red eyes.
 
“My, Asuka-chan. I don't believe that you are developing the Sharingan, so I have to think that you took some kind of…drug?” Ren asked to the Yoshizumi kunoichi, earning nothing but a stuck of her tongue.
 
“We got you ice-creams” said Itachi, handing Shisui a caramel and nuts cone, and Asuka her usual lemon, strawberry and peach one.
 
The tension seemed to ease, when two shadows appeared from behind the tree.
 
“Itachi-kun! Shisui-kun! Ren-kun!”
 
Asuka froze at the sound of that voice. No, it can't be true. It can't be her.
 
“Sachiko-san” greeted the three boys.
 
Asuka's head fell.
 
“Yo.” Said Kakashi, a worn out expression on the visible part of his face.
 
“You know the great news? Do you want to know it?” Sachiko exclaimed excitedly.
 
Nobody answered.
 
“Well, I'm staying in Konoha for a few time!”
 
----
 
 
ta-daaan! Like it? Like it?
Thanks to nejiten4ever ^_^
 
Ciaaaoooo!!!