Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 17. BAD BOYS ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

17. BAD BOYS
 
It was the fourth night the Konoha shinobi spent at the club, a hidden Kakashi watching over them.
They had managed to get closer to the younger Osagawa, and to make a good impression on him. Itachi had this way of talking and acting, when around him, that left the other boys speechless; he was…at ease, and somehow managed to make the opponent `smaller' than him.
Asuka, personally, was astonished. Being around Itachi every night, while Ren and Shisui played cards, or billiard, she could witness the charm of the young Uchiha-criminal version. Sexy, indeed.
 
But in the moments she was not taking part in the conversation, or in those she was not busy staring and daydreaming about Itachi, she found those nights terribly boring. Ok, it was a mission, she wasn't supposed to have fun. But hey, they were in a club, after all! And the people in the other room were dancing and having a good time…nobody would have stopped her, if she walked to the other room and found someone to dance with. But first, it wasn't very `miss-Uchiha-like'…and second, and most important, Itachi had expressly told her he didn't want to see her dance with someone else.
 
And so there she was, a beautiful girl in a beautiful alter top dress, in a beautiful club, with a beautiful man as her (fake) fiancée…beautifully getting bored to death sitting in a beautiful red velvet sofa. Beautiful.
 
She sighed for the tenth time in the last few minutes, and took a sip of her drink. Mmm, that, at least, tasted good. What did the waiter call it? Oh, who was she trying to fool; she couldn't forget the name. She had blushed like mad, earning an amused smirk by her `fiancée', which went misinterpreted by both the waiter and Osagawa. Bend me over. That was it. Bend me over. Who in their right mind would call a drink like that?? She mentally pictured Kakashi-sempai mixing liquids, a perverted look on his masked face. Kakashi. Where was he? She tried to sense his chakra, but the Copy nin was hiding it perfectly.
 
Kakashi.
 
She had loved dancing with him.
She never thought him able to dance like that…as a matter of fact, she had never thought about Kakashi dancing, before it happened.
It was like they were used to dance together, their bodies fitting perfectly into each other's arms.
 
“Love? Are you even listening to what I say?” Itachi's voice called Asuka back to reality. She forced a smile, and replied “Sorry Itachi. You were saying…?” Asuka turned, expecting to see Osagawa's face in front of her. “He received a phone call while you were daydreaming…poor Asuka-chan” the boy said in a mocking tone “did you get enough sleep, tonight?” Asuka felt like slapping the smirking boy. “I did, Itachi-kun. It is just that I have a moronic boy keeping my mind busy. But I don't feel like boring you with that stuff. Oh, and don't call me that unless it's strictly necessary. It's creepy.” Was her bitter reply.
 
Itachi leaned closer, and moved a few locks from her forehead. “Creepy, my love?” he smirked “Moreover, you never bore me. So, why am I keeping your mind busy, Asuka-chan?” the young Uchiha questioned.
Asuka smirked. “Oh, so you think that the description of `moronic boy' suits you? I thought you had an higher consideration of yourself.” “Touchè.” The boy replied, standing up.
“Where are you going?” asked the kunoichi. Itachi stretched out a hand “Come” he ordered. Asuka didn't feel like having an argument with Itachi over his manners, so she took his hand and followed.
 
The two crossed the room, until, moving a fabric, they entered a small room. Asuka took a look around; the little room, elegant as the rest of the club, was completely empty, and the music of the main room could be heard.
 
She was surrounded by strong arms, and felt soft lips whispering on her neck “Don't think.” Asuka didn't really understand what was going on. She turned to face him, who was as expressionless and cold as usual. But, she couldn't explain how, this coldness of his was…such a turn on for her…“You looked extremely bored, Asuka-chan. And I told you that you couldn't dance with someone else…so…dance with me. I never did that, though. I don't know if I'm…you know…a great dancer…” he said, looking away.
Asuka widened her eyes. Itachi…dancing? Itachi asking her to dance? Itachi looking embarrassed to death while asking her to dance??? Was she daydreaming? She never knew that the day would come, in which she could put “Itachi” and “dancing” in the same sentence.
She smiled.
“Give me your hands.” She said, offering hers for him to take. Itachi obeyed.
“Now…come closer.” She said, while crossing his arms around her waist, and hers around his neck.
“Just…move. Follow the music, and do whatever you feel like doing.” The girl added, leaning her forehead against his and closing her eyes, before beginning to catch the rhythm and swinging lightly.
Itachi did the same.
She moved her hips, and he followed.
They went on like this for a few moments, before Itachi took the lead.
“Ehi!” Asuka exclaimed, when he traced her neck line with his lips, before getting lost in the music once again.
 
“Am I interrupting you?” a voice called from the door. Both boy's eyes flashed open, and turned quickly to the small room's door.
“Of course you are” Itachi muttered, looking at Osagawa, who simply smirked in reply.
“C'mon, Itachi-san. You have all night to learn about the birds and the bees…besides, now I need you both to come with me.” He paused, significantly. “In my office.”.
 
Itachi and Asuka nodded, and followed the man.
 
* * *
Osagawa's office was shining in whiteness. Every single thing, from the carpet, to the floor, to the walls, to the desk and the furniture, as well as every single object, was white. Very white. And Itachi, in his awesome pale complexion, looked like basking in the light emanating from each and every single thing. Asuka smiled. He sure was a good actor.
The young man carried himself with such an elegance and such a grace, to leave everyone astonished. Asuka herself had often wondered where did that elegance come from, before she knew other members of the Uchiha clan; it was in the family's blood, for real. White flawless complexion, raven hair and onyx eyes, which turned into the bloodiest of red when the Sharingan was activated… Every Uchiha had a light in his eyes, a fierceness, and an elegance and grace in their movements, an apparent lack of emotions, coldness and stoicism, boldness, pride…all that was renowned far and wide.
Actually, Shisui was the only one who had an aura of humanity around him. But even him, Sharingan turned on, would scare the very bravest.
But Itachi…Itachi. No wonder he was the pride of the Uchiha clan. He incarnated all the best qualities of the clan, the beauty, the strength, the power, the genius…and all that, he had improved.
The girl sat on a leather chair, and crossed her legs, the pearl grey of her dress' fabric leaving a generous portion of lean and tanned legs exposed.
Leather chair. She hated leather chair. It was just so…so…well. She disliked leather chairs.
“You must forgive me, my friends, but I had to do researches on you both. It's not that I don't trust you, mind that. I know you'll understand that it is quite necessary, when doing a…job as exposed as mine is. And as to what I found out, well…it is rather…unbelievable.” Osagawa sat on a huge leather armchair, legs crossed, elbows resting on the wooden surface of the desk. His eyes cold, he was deliberately staring at the two, looking for any sign of weakness.
Asuka was tempted to use her Dokushinjutsu on the man in front of her. She dearly hoped that her father and Kakashi's work to make up false ID's had worked. If it hadn't…well, they were screwed. She kept on looking straight into the man's eyes, scanning the environment to detect any other chakra signature than theirs.
Itachi smirked. “Yes, we are quite talented.”
Osagawa erupted in a deep laugh. “Talented! Yes, Itachi-san, talented, to say the least! You are impressive!” Asuka mentally cheered. She was going to praise her father and Kakashi endlessly for their excellent job.
“You come from two of the most powerful families in Konoha, besides the Hyuuga…and you both inherited the best traits of your clans, kekkai-genkai included…” the man grabbed some papers. “Uchiha Itachi and Yoshizumi Asuka…both jounin at the young age of 13. And Konoha Anbu, as well! I am not going to recite the list of your praise…but you are quite the bad boys, you two. It wasn't easy to get the rest of the information on your…other praises…and that's why I called you unbelievable…”
“We do what we can” Asuka said, nonchalantly.
“Oh, sure…I know you are here escorting ambassador Yoshizumi-san…a man of your family, Asuka-san…and soon of yours, Itachi-san…I see here that you are engaged to be married” Osagawa said, looking at the papers.
Asuka shuddered, and Itachi grabbed her hand “You would convey with me, Osagawa-san, that Asuka here suits me perfectly.” Taking advantage of the man's inattention, the young kunoichi kicked Itachi. The boy looked at her, astonished, and seeing the girl's fuming expression, put on a smirk of superiority.
“She surely does, Itachi-san. Anyways. I read that you deal with…ehm…most of the business coming from Konoha. Well, you are inside the heart of the shinobi community…come from well-known families…you sure are beyond suspicions. Well, then, I guess that you won't mind come with me…to a certain place. Someone wants to meet you.”
Itachi smirked. “It was about time.” Asuka commented.
She stood up, walked to the door and said “Well, are we going? I think I had enough patience. Things need to speed up a bit.”
Osagawa stood quickly “Of course.”
 
* * *
The daimyo's residence was huge. That was Asuka's first thought. Probably as big as the whole Uchiha mansion, even if a bit smaller than the Hyuuga's or the Yoshizumi's.
She was not surprised, she had expected it to be enormous and extremely traditional.
They left their shoes at the entrance, and walked into the maze of corridors and rooms following Osagawa junior. Wards and armed men were practically everywhere. After all, Osagawa was one of the most powerful men living. He had once come to Konoha, and had been reserved the same treatment and honours of a Kage… well, actually he was the one holding the power in oto. Otokage was a sort of puppet into the daymios' hands.
Asuka felt her heart beating faster. This was one of the most dangerous missions she had ever been sent to. She, but Itachi as well, had never been this exposed before.
If you are sent to fight a battle, or to kill a criminal, you are not this exposed.
They knew, even if partially, who she was; and it was not the fear of her own death that scared Asuka. What if they took their revenge on her family? …on Shinji? And what if she was dead, and could do nothing about that?
`Ok, calm down girl. You both are doing an excellent job' she thought, trying to fight back the fear.
Osagawa-junior stopped in front of a door, rice panels and bamboo junctions decorated with a sakura flowers motive. At the right side of the door, was a kanji that said `tsuyoi' meaning `powerful', and on the left side was another kanji, `seishi', `control'.
`Power and control…what an arrogance.' Itachi thought. He looked at Asuka; the girl was expressionless, just like him. He moved a little closer, as if to guarantee her protection; but actually, to encourage himself.
 
Osagawa-junior opened the door, and they entered.
`Traditional as everything the rest' Asuka thought.
Itachi, looking around, couldn't help but notice a strong similarity to the secret room in the Uchiha mansion, the one where the clan's meetings were held.
No electric light, but candles, lit the centre of the room up, leaving the corners and the walls mostly in the dark.
Asuka and Itachi were said to sit and wait.
They went down on their knees, and sat in the traditional Japanese way.
 
It all was so formal, but the two shinobi had been taught to respect formality since they were little children, being their clans' heirs.
 
They heard the noise of a door sliding open, and steps approaching.
A man in his sixties, wearing a black kimono, who made his skin look even more grey than it was, sat in front of them. Asuka studied him; she could perceive his chakra signature. Not very powerful, surely not as her grandfather, but still, the old man was probably a skilled ninja. Why did he turn to the evil side, she couldn't tell. She mentally slapped herself for being so naïve. And why did Orochimaru do the things he did? For power, of course. Or maybe, in this case, money.
She cleared her mind from such thoughts, and concentrated on how to direct the negotiations. She couldn't count on Dokushinjutsu…the man was, or had been a ninja, and he would probably feel any change in their chakra. `Think, Asuka, think…'
But her thoughts were interrupted by the old Osagawa.
“Uchiha-san, Yoshizumi-san, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” The old man, who was sitting in front of them on his knees, bowed to the two Konoha shinobi. Itachi and Asuka did the same.
“I suppose you know why I invited you here. To make a long story short, I want to know how you work.” The old man spoke in a slow, conventional tone.
“Gomen nasai, Osagawa-san. But I think that there was a misunderstanding.” Asuka smiled to the old man, who, by his expression, hadn't thought that she might interrupt him.
“A misunderstanding, Yoshizumi-san?” he looked amused.
Itachi smirked. “A misunderstanding, Osagawa-san. We are the ones wanting to know how you work. We are the ones wanting to know if we can trust you. Who tells us that you aren't somehow linked to Konoha? That this isn't a sort of plan to trick us?”” He said, smirk still on his lips, and a finger pointing accusingly at Osagawa “And most important. Are you even worth of our time?”.
The men behind Osagawa felt cold shivers down his spine. Who was this young man who dared to speak to Osagawa-sama in such a tone?! And that girl, didn't she know about their master's power?!
The old man's face was a mask of inexpressiveness. He was perfectly still, and Asuka was tempted to use the Dokushinjutsu to know what was on his mind. But of course, she didn't.
She didn't need to.
The man burst out in laughter.
The two guards were astonished, while Itachi and Asuka just wore a smirk. Hell, yeah!
“I had grown so tired of the same old things! So tired of those who bowed in front of me as if I was some kind of god…oh, kami-sama! Very good, very good, boys!” he said, still laughing. Then, he turned serious, and said. “You are in”. He shook the boys' hands, and left.