Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Who knew... ❯ 21. THE GOOD NEWS ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

21. THE GOOD NEWS
 
The laugh went on for almost a minute, an annoying, choked, female-like laugh.
The fear was beginning to let go of the two young shinobis, who had now taken attack stances.
 
That was, before a shadow emerged from the darkness of the wood.
 
Long, straight hair moved into the wind, a hand removing locks from painted eyes.
 
“Oh, Kami-sama, Itachi-kun, Asuka-kun, pretty grown up, aren't we?” the figure said.
The kunoichi's eyes widened. `He knows who we are.' She thought, in panic.
Snakes hissed behind the man's shoulders. The figure moved, posing a hand on one of the snakes' head, in an almost affectionate gesture.
“Yes, I know you.” He smiled. A wicked, perverted smile that made the girl's blood freeze in her veins.
 
One of the snakes crawled besides her father's body.
 
“Wh…What did you do to them, bastard???” the girl spat out angrily.
Itachi grabbed the Yoshizumi's wrist tightly, a look in the eyes that was a plea for silence.
 
The figure didn't answer, but just laughed again, a hand covering the mouth.
 
Asuka pushed Itachi away. “I thought you were more manly, Orochimaru-san.” She said; the fact that he hadn't mentioned about her friends and father's conditions reassured her. At least they were not dead.
 
The man seemed offended. “Manly? Oh, Asuka-kun. And I thought you were more well-behaved.”
 
The girl smiled. “I am not meant to be kind to people like you. A well-behaved girl knows that.” And that said, her smile vanished; she closed her eyes, and reopened them, revealing the Ishigan black pupils.
 
Itachi shook his head. “Asuka, don't fight him. Even if we both fought him, that would still be useless. Well, pointless.” He said, Sharingan on.
 
“Shut up!” Asuka screamed, and directed her look on the snake Sannin's body.
 
The wind blew again, uncovering the moon, which came to enlighten the very spot in which Orochimaru stood.
 
The Sannin sighed. “Don't you ever listen to what people say, Asuka-kun? ”
 
The girl was astonished. The…the Ishigan hadn't worked! The Ishigan…how was it…possible?
 
“Asuka, that's what I meant with pointless.” Itachi said. “He's not a real human being.”
 
Orochimaru clapped his hands. “Right! Awesome, Itachi-kun! You are really worthy of my interest! He is right, Asuka-kun. You can't affect me, with your Ishigan. Well, you cant affect this body of mine, with the Ishigan…see, this is not a real body. It's a yÅkai puppet. ("demon puppets)” he said, with the tone of voice a teacher would use to their most beloved pupil. Right. `Itachi must have seen it with the sharingan.' She thought. Yokai puppets. Puppets which resemble him. He controls them from afar and can see through their eyes. Now she could smell it…the scent of mud and soil, which they were made of . And then…she tried to recall her academy days. What more did her sensei told her about yokai puppets?
 
“Careful, Asuka. This thing is able to spring roots in order to attack opponents.” Itachi whispered. Oh. Right.
 
“I like snakes better than roots, Itachi-kun.” The man corrected him.
 
Itachi just glared.
 
Orochimaru began walking around, combing his long hair with his pointy white hands every now and then. “See, there is a reason if I let you steal the scrolls. It was like…mmm, not a test, but I thought it funny to make you work hard a bit to meet me.” He said.
 
Both shinobis' eyes widened. It was all…arranged, from the beginning?
 
“You…you mean…that you made up this entire mission…just to get to this moment?” Asuka really couldn't believe it. That was just too nonsensical.
 
“Hai! Sugoi, Asuka-kun. Impressive. That's why I want you so much.” The girl's eyes widened even more, while Itachi just came closer to the girl, almost possessively. “Aww, Itachi-kun, don't be envious. I want you too. And that's the problem.” The man stopped, and sighed, looking at the moon.
 
His pale skin looked almost glimmering, under the moonlight.
 
He brought a finger to his lips, and assumed a pensive, meditative pose. “You see, you are both so young. So powerful. So beautiful. I just need one of you two, even if I can't pick one. Let's see…I'll pick the one who is nicer to me!” he said, mockingly.
 
“Come closer to her and you die.” Itachi said. Asuka looked at him.
 
“I don't need you to protect me, Itachi.” She said, almost hastily.
 
Another laugh erupted from the man's lips. “Itachi-kun! So you really can love! Too bad that little Asuka-kun is attracted to that Kakashi. Isn't he a little too old for you, Asuka-kun? But you are right. Both Itachi-kun and Kakashi-kun are beautiful, strong, powerful, and sharp minded. But so am I. why don't you come with me, Asuka-kun? Now that I think about it, you are a girl. I don't think I could handle a woman's body…too troublesome. All that period thing…eww. Come with me, Asuka-kun. I can make you stronger. You are far too young to be my bride, little one. But I could use your…company. You look rather pleasant, all grown up. But I must confess that I like you better in your real shape. Maybe I won't take you as my bride. After all, you are already engaged to be married to someone else…” he smiled, and in a flash, he was in front of the two shinobi, who didn't even try to move. If he wanted to harm them, he would have already done that; there was no point in fighting, at the moment.
 
He grabbed both boys hands, and united them in his.
 
“Yes, you two would make a beautiful couple. In Konoha, they are already celebrating.” The snake man hissed, teasingly.
 
Itachi pushed him away, and looked away.
 
“E…engaged? Married? What the hell are you talking about, snake bastard?” Asuka was feeling dizzy.
 
“Itachi-kun, didn't you tell her?” Orochimaru was visibly delighted.
 
“Tell me…tell me what, Itachi?” the girl looked desperately at the Uchiha, looking for an answer.
 
“Oh, please, Itachi-kun…let me be the one to tell Asuka-kun the good news…” the snake looked at the girl. “You are engaged, Asuka-kun. Engaged to be married, to this very Uchiha Itachi.”.