Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ How cliche Kittens ❯ Hello, Shoto ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was now February. Adrian had been living with them for about a month, and in all honesty everyone had grown rather attached to him. He was still too young for kindergarten, so they had found him a daycare. As promised, Sasori paid the monthly fee. As a matter of fact, Adrian had taken to calling Sasori 'big brother,' and continued to call Evelynn 'big sister.' Not that it surprised anyone, since Sasori and Evelynn were dating. They didn't act like they were dating, but hey.. They were romantically challenged. Gina was now seriously planning her wedding. Her and Itachi wanted to be married 'soon.' Evelynn didn't see why.

"We're young, we have all the time in the world," the red-head drawled.

Gina rolled her eyes, "Maybe you don't want to get settled down anytime soon, but Itachi and I are a bit more than ready."

What the hell did that mean?

"Well, whatever. As long as I'm the maid of honour." Evelynn grinned. Gina nodded.

"Don't ask me why, Audrey insisted on being the flower girl."

Evelynn laughed. Typical Audrey.

In fact, Audrey and Deidara were getting rather serious as well. Evelynn as even asked Audrey if she finally lost her virginity. Audrey almost had a heart-attack. She stated that there was no way ever that she would 'make-love' until she was married. Evelynn waved it away. In truth, her and Sasori had yet to get intimate, either. In fact, they barely showed any affection towards each other. As far as it went was occasionally cuddling while watching a movie, or Sasori would gently touch his forehead to hers. Itachi and Gina.. Well, no one really knew if they were intimate or not. Evelynn assumed they were. Audrey scolded her for assuming that. Gina and Itachi would ignore them. They looked like your average couple. They'd hold hands while walking occasionally. Sometimes, while taking said walks, Itachi would affectionately kiss her temple, and Gina would blush. It was rather.. cute.

'Sissy stuff.' Is what Evelynn called it. Sasori half-heartedly agreed.

Anyways, it was now the middle of February. Valentines day had passed. 'Thank god!' Evelynn had exclaimed. Children Services had been by twice to check on Adrian. They were impressed by how well the six young adults cared for him. He had more than enough clothes, Audrey had taken over the grocery shopping. Apparently, she knew very well what to buy kids. Gina had found him a pediatrician, and Evelynn took care of all the rest. Well, with the occasional help from Sasori.

Adrian came out to Evelynn on her balcony, his teddy-bear clutched to his side, and hopped up on the chair across from her.

"Nee-chan," he asked quietly. Ah, the three missing-nin had taught him that.

"Hm?" Evelynn looked at him.

"Thank you."

The woman looked at him surprised.

"Huh?"

"Well, I wanted to say thank you. For giving me a home, nee-chan." The boy muttered quietly. Ah, so shy. Evelynn reached over and ruffled his hair.

"Well, thank you, baby Adrian. For wanting to be part of our crazy little family."

The boy grinned.

"I'm gonna go find miss Audrey now."

Evelynn just nodded. Watching him as she jumped from the chair and ran to find the brunette. At least Evelynn didn't have to worry about him walking in on her and Deidara doing anything.. R-rated. Evelynn grinned. It had been confirmed a few nights ago that Gina and Itachi were intimate. She had put Adrian to bed, and made Sasori sneak down with her to investigate. They heard some rather inappropriate sounds coming from the other side of the door. The two red-heads quickly fled. Evelynn almost unable to contain her laughter. Sasori had just rolled his eyes at her.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Which was odd. They didn't get many visitors. Maybe it was Gina's parents? After all, Gina was planning her wedding. Sighing, Evelynn got up to go answer the door. More than likely she'd meet her friends on the way there. Well, Gina, Itachi, and Deidara were at work. Sasori was napping, and Audrey was somewhere with Adrian.

Evelynn reached the front door and swung it open.

"And how can I help you?!" She asked dramatically, before seeing who it was. "Oh, shit. Hey. It's been awhile."

Standing on the other side of the door was a beautiful young woman. Pale skin, sharp blue eyes, and straight black hair.

"Yeah, I just got back from a bit of traveling." The woman stated smoothly. "I heard from the bakery owners Audrey works for that you guys got a place together."

"Ah, yeah. Well, we got into a bit of a situation that called for us to have out own place."

"I see."

Suddenly, a soft meowing could be heard from the woman's messenger bag. She pulled out a black kitten, and stroked it's fur gently.

"You probably don't like being stuck in there, do you?" The woman cooed softly.

Evelynn stared at the kitten. It looked oddly like how Itachi did when he.. Oh hell no!

"Uh, why don't you come in Shoto, and wait for the others to get here. You won't believe what the fuck has been going on."

Shoto looked curiously at her red-headed friend, but nodded and stepped inside. Suddenly, behind Evelynn came a newly awakened Sasori. Shoto stared for a moment, then turned to Evelynn.

"Evie, is that who I think it is?" She asked.

Evelynn just grinned.