Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ How cliche Kittens ❯ Young Love ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was now the second week of March. Three weeks since Shoto and Sasuke had moved in. Gina was acting rather temperamental, and Itachi and Sasuke were working on their relationship. Since Sasuke was not in any sort of system in this world, and Shoto had just moved back and didn't have a job yet, they were now the personal baby-sitter for Adrian when the others worked. Not that they seemed to mind, especially Shoto. It was currently a Wednesday, and everyone was at work. Evelynn would be home about three hours. She also worked night shift at the music store on Wednesday's. So she would cuddle with Adrian for about an hour, then go to sleep. When Sasori got home he would wake her, take over Adrian, and Evelynn would go to her second job. Currently, Adrian was taking a nap. So Shoto and Sasuke were alone.

"How did you meet those three anyways? Compared to them you seem a bit.. Calmer.." Sasuke asked her, sitting across from her at the kitchen table.

"Ah, Evelynn and I ended up in and fight. Well, you know how Evelynn is by now. In the middle of the fight she started grinning at me, and complimented me on my uppercut. After that she just sort of.. Claimed friendship on me.." Shoto explained slowly. It still baffled her how they had ended up friends in the first place.

"Interesting." The Uchiha muttered.

Indeed, he had learned that Evelynn was, basically, head of the house. He had also learned that it was she who had adopted Adrian. She was short tempered, and it seemed that her and the other red-head, Sasori, were dating. Though, Sasuke couldn't be sure. What he did know was that his brother was getting married. Sometime last week Sasuke had asked about Gina. Itachi had explained to him Gina was his fiance. Sasuke was pretty sure he almost had a stroke. Gina seemed to be pretty laid back as well, and was fairly intelligent, though she seemed to get more temperamental as the days passed. No one could really explain why. Evelynn said she was probably on her period. Sasuke learned that Audrey was the 'baby' of the four friends. Apparently, she and the bomber, Deidara, were an item. He could see why. Both always seemed to be full of energy, and Audrey seemed to help the bomber keep his temper in check.

Now, Shoto was a bit of a mystery to Sasuke. They shared a room, yes. They also often baby-sat Adrian alone. Yet, they had never really talked much. She was very beautiful, in Sasuke's opinion. Clear blue eyes, straight, midnight black hair, and had skin like porcelain. She was also very quiet. Not that she was shy, no. She would tell you exactly what she thought, if she felt you needed to hear it.(Something Evelynn could appreciate.) No, she was more.. Observant, if Sasuke really had to describe her. When she spoke her voice was soft, but firm. If anything, she would have made a very good Uchiha. He had also noticed, from her arguments with Evelynn, and she didn't let anyone push her around. Sometimes he wondered how they could be friends.

"Because even though they're alike, they're very different. Shoto won't let you push her around, but she also knows when to let go of an argument. Evelynn, not so much. Besides, Shoto's a very calm and cool person. Evelynn is definitely more 'in your face.' Which is what makes them rather ideal friends," Gina had explained.

"Sasuke." Shoto's voice cut through his thoughts.

"Hm?" He looked up at her. She tilted her head at him.

"Are you alright? You sort of.. Zoned out."

"Fine." He stated bluntly.

Shoto gave him a look, but didn't press any further. She was listening out for Adrian, anyways. Sasuke frowned. Did he say that maybe too harshly? He didn't want her to think he didn't like her. He almost laughed at himself. Since when did he care if anyone liked him or not? Apparently, now he did.

"I should probably go check on Adrian." Shoto stated softly. With that, she got up and left.

'He didn't have to sound so rude.' Shoto thought to herself. She only inquired if he was alright. Tch. He was probably one of those types that since he was good looking her didn't have to respect anyone.

'Wait a minute! Good looking?! Where did that come from?!' Shoto thought. Shaking her head, she opened the door to Sasori's and Evelynn's room. Adrian was still dozing peacefully, and Shoto decided to let him be. Closing the door quietly she turned, only to bump into Sasuke. She let out a startled gasp.

"Damn, don't do that!" She snapped coolly.

"I wanted to apologize." Sasuke stated smoothly, looking down at her.

"For what?"

"When you asked if I was alright."

"Ah."

The two stared at each other, observing each other.

Suddenly they heard a small cough, and they both turned quickly to the noise. There was Evelynn, standing at the end of the hallway, and smirk plastered on her face.

Ah, young love.

(A/N; I'm sorry these chapters are so boring. Honestly, I'm just trying to get the whole children serviced thing out of the way. This story is going to be coming to a close very soon, and I'll be starting a part two. So, hold onto your seats, guys! Aha, wow.. How lame am I?)