Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ How cliche Kittens ❯ Marry Me? ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-MAJOR TIME-SKIP AND SUMMARY! Sorry-

It was now July. Again. Which means they had now celebrated Itachi's birthday, the six months were up and Adrian was officially Evelynn's, Fourth of July was tomorrow, and the boys(most of them) had been there a year. Sasuke had only been there since February, which means he'd only been around five months. For those of you who didn't know. He's also been 'officially' dating Shoto for two months. Also, as it turns out, Gina is pregnant. Four months pregnant to be exact. She barely had a baby bump, yet. This was the reason why her and Itachi had wanted to get married quickly. Speaking of which, their wedding was next month. Exciting, right? In June Shoto had also managed to find a job. She worked at the front-desk of a local vet. Sasuke, seeing as how he wasn't in the system, decided to remain Adrian's baby-sitter. Not that he minded. Adrian had grown attached to everyone in the house, and they had all grown attached to him.

-End Summary/Normal P.O.V-

It was Friday. 8 o' clock Friday night to be exact. Itachi and Gina had gone out to dinner, and the other six were now crowded in the living room watching a movie. It was some romance Audrey had insisted on. Adrian was asleep, and all in all it was relaxing. Suddenly, Evelynn spoke up.

"So what are we doing tomorrow?" She asked.

"Not drinking." Shoto stated bluntly. They had decided to drink for Itachi's birthday too. That 'party' had gotten a little too out of control, and they ended up having to buy a new t.v.

"Kill-joy."

"What's tomorrow?" Sasuke asked looking at Evelynn.

"Fourth of July. It's to celebrate the independence of our country.. Or something." Evelynn explained breifly.

"But for Evelynn it's an excuse to get incredibly drunk." Audrey added. Evelynn pretended to look hurt.

"So what do you do?" Sasori asked. Ignoring Evelynn's dramatics.

"Oh, not much. Cook out, have family over, and they usually have a fireworks show." Shoto explained.

"Fireworks?!" Deidara turned to Shoto who nodded.

Without another word Deidara grabbed Sasori, and pulled him out to the back yard. Note; Sasori did not appreciate this.

"I don't even want to know what that's about." Evelynn stated dryly.

The others agreed. After about two hours Deidara and Sasori came back in, and made up an excuse that they had to go pick up food for the cookout tomorrow. Everyone knew that was a lie, because Itachi had just bought the stuff yesterday at Evelynn's request.(cough-demand-cough) Twenty minutes after they left, Gina and Itachi returned.

"Where are Sasori and Deidara?" The Uchiha questioned.

"I'm fairly certain they have a secret fling together, because they just left together not too long ago." Evelynn replied flipping through the channels to find something interesting on T.V. She didn't even look up as she spoke.

"Evelynn!" Audrey cried. The thought alone mortified her. Shoto just rolled her eyes.

"They're probably planning something, and they don't want the rest of us to know what. Whatever it is their doing, it's going to involve tomorrow." Shoto explained smoothly.

Gina nodded, and her and Itachi went to retire for the night.

"I still say they're secretly gay."

Evelynn barely managed to dodge the pillow Shoto threw at her.

-Time skip!-

It was now the Forth of July. Evelynn had dressed Adrian up in a blue t-shirt, and a pair of blue jean shorts that reached his knees. She herself wore a pair of short blue jean shorts and a white tank-top, and she had asked(forced) Sasori to wear a pair of blue jean shorts like Adrians, and a red t-shirt. Sasori had refused to wear the t-shirt, and instead settled on wearing a red collard button up shirt(unbuttoned) with the sleeves rolled up. Evelynn was not amused, but decided to let him go. Instead, she cooed over Adrian. Note; Adrian enjoyed her attention very much.

Audrey had decided to dress up in a white summer dress that reached her knees. Deidara had taken the hint, and wore a pair of black skinny jeans(that looked rather like dress up pants, but.. You know.. Skinny), a white tank-top, and wore his black and blue flannel shirt over it.

Gina took a leaf from Audrey's book, and wore a light blue summer dress that went a little passed her knees. Lately she didn't wear any type of pants, because she was worried they would cut off circulation for the baby. Itachi settled on a dark blue tank-top and dark blue jeans.

Sasuke and Shoto did not feel the need to wear a dress code for the holiday. Shoto wore a black tank-top and black shorts, and Sasuke wore a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans.

They were all currently in the backyard. Evelynn and Audrey were pushing Adrian on the little swing-set Evelynn had insisted they purchase. Shoto and Sasuke were sitting at the picnic table, discussing music. Well, it was more Shoto was introducing the music, and Sasuke was deciding what he liked and what he didn't. Deidara was sitting on the ground next to the swing set watching Adrian laughing and squeal with delight. Itachi and Sasori were fussing with the grill, and trying to get the food started. Gina had taken it upon herself to start setting out plates, cups, napkins, chips, dips, vegetable trays, and whatever else they were going to need when dinner was ready.

"Hey, Gina. Need some help, hm?" Deidara had come over, and held his hands out to for the tray of deviled eggs Gina was holding. In truth, the woman looked tired. "Perhaps you ought to go sit down, yeah."

"Ah, I suppose." Gina gladly handed over the tray. With one last grateful look, she headed over to the picnic table to sit down.

"How are you doing, Gina?" Shoto asked politely as Gina sat down.

"Ah, you know. Same old. A litle extra weight, but nothing extreme." The blonde smiled at her friend. Shoto gave a small smile back.

-Time skip!-

It was now nearing seven in the evening. Sasori and Itachi finally got the grill working. (If you asked either of them, they would down right deny any help from Evelynn. They were men, damn it!) By six they had finally sat down to eat. Evelynn held Adrian in her lap, and helped him with his food. When they were finished Deidara suggested they go to the beach to watch the fireworks.

"I'm there'll be a great view there, yeah." He said in a 'matter-of-fact' tone.

"I don't see why not." Sasori replied in a bored tone.

So now, at seven, they were piling into a new mini van they pitched in to buy last month. As it turns out it was a lot easier for all of them to travel together that way. Evelynn drove, Sasori sat in the passenger seat. There were two rows of three seats in the back. Adrian seat in a booster seat in the middle of the first row. Evelynn refused to have him any farther. Itachi sat behind Evelynn, and Gina sat behind Sasori. In the back row Deidara sat behind Itachi, Audrey in his lap, Shoto sat in the middle, and Sasuke sat beside her. It would take a little over forty minutes to get to the beach from where they currently lived. This caused Evelynn to grumble agitatedly for a bit, but they got on their way there eventually.

Arriving at the beach Evelynn immediately jumped out of the car. Sasori rolled his eyes, but followed suit.(Although a bit more slowly.) Sasori helped Gina out of the back, and then leaned in to grab Adrian. The rest piled out on their own. Evelynn, excited by the general atmosphere, linked her arm in Sasori's, who was still holding Adrian, and dragged him on ahead to find 'the perfect spot.' Adrian giggled with delight, and this brought a small smirk to Sasori's face.

"Are you alright?" Itachi asked Gina. She leaned briefly against the van, one hand on her stomach.

"Mhm, just a little tired." She gave a small smile, which Itachi returned.

"Well, you guys ready to go, hm?" Deidara asked. Gina nodded, and they all headed after Evelynn, Sasori, and Adrian.

Evelynn found a spot halfway between the parking lot and the water near a lifeguard post. Her and Sasori set to work setting up the blankets, and Adrian played in the sand. The others caught up with them a few minutes later.

"Is Gina okay?" Evelynn asked looking worriedly at her friend.

"I'm fine, I promise." Gina grinned. Evelynn grinned back.

"Well, maybe you should sit down and rest? They'll be lighting off fireworks soon." Sasori took a glance at his watch. It was a little after eight-fifteen.

"Yeah, I guess." Gina agreed. She sat down on the blanket she and Itachi would share, legs stretched out in front of her, and leaned back on her hands.

"What's it like?" Audrey asked in wonder. She gently rubbed her friends small baby bump.

"Ah, it's not so bad. I get tired a little easier, but other than that it's no different than not being pregnant." Gina shrugged.

"Except your hormones are probably going insane." Shoto noted calmly.

"Ah, yeah. That too." The three girls chuckled.

"I have to go get something, yeah. I'll be back in a minute." Deidara informed them, waving as he walked away.

"I'll go with you!" Audrey exclaimed jumping up.

"No!" Deidara shouted, probably a bit too loudly. "Ah, I have to do this on my own. I'll be quick. I promise."

With that, he kissed Audrey on the forehead, and walked off in the direction of the parking lot. Audrey frowned. Deidara never yelled at her.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing serious, I promise." Sasori assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"He yelled at me."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to."

Audrey didn't accept that answer. When Deidara returned ten minutes later, she was sure to ignore him. No matter how hard he tried to get her attention.

-Time skip! Deidara's P.O.V-

It was finally dark out, and they would be setting off the fireworks any minute, hm. For some reason, Audrey was not speaking to me. I turned to Sasori who simply shrugged. This was bad. I had planned this so carefully, yeah. Ever since June, when Evelynn and Shoto first explained to me 'Fourth of July.' Fireworks. Nothing could be more perfect than that for what I was about to do. I felt someone nudge me, and turned to see Sasori. He was holding Adrian, and Evelynn was standing on the other side of him, her arm around his waist. They were cute, I guess, hm.

I gave Sasori a questioning look, and he glanced over towards Audrey. She was purposely standing at least five feet ahead of me. Sasori whispered something in my ear, and I couldn't help but grin and nod. Well, since the first plan wasn't going to work, this one definitely would. Evelynn glanced up at Sasori and whispered something to him. Whatever it was, he just rolled his eyes. I never could understand how they could be so casual with each other. Then again, Shoto and Sasuke were the same way.

Suddenly, before I knew it, the fireworks started going off. I heard Adrian yelp in surprise next to me, then I heard Evelynn and Sasori explain to him what they were, and how they worked. Next I heard the young boy 'ooh' and 'aah.' Ha, kids, hm.

I looked forward at Audrey. She was standing, arms crossed, staring up at the fireworks. Where she stood, in front of me, it looked like they were going off right in front of her. Every time one went off it showered her in colours. She looked down right stunning.

I gulped. It was now of never, right? I slowly crept up behind her, and wrapped my arms around her waist. She jumped, startled, saw it was me, then looked back ahead of her. She didn't even bother to uncross her arms. I grinned slightly. She was rather sure when she was mad. I leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

"Marry me, hm?"

-Audrey's P.O.V-

I was furious. How dare he yell at me! I didn't do anything to him! He was gone a whole ten minutes. (Not that I kept track of the time, mind you!) I decided, when I saw him walking over, that I was going to give him the cold shoulder. That would teach him to yell at me for no reason.

Once it was dark, and they were getting ready to set off fireworks, I made sure to stand at least five feet away from Deidara. Out of he corner of my eye I could see Sasori whisper something to him, then nod his head in my direction. I quickly looked away. What were they talking about? Maybe Evelynn was right, and they secretly were gay? I shook my head. No way.

The fireworks started to go off. I heard little Adrian let out a yelp of surprise from behind me. Awh, poor little guy. Then, I heard Sasori and Evelynn explain to him what they were. Afterwards, when the next set went off, I could hear his little voice 'ooh' and 'aah.' I had to agree with him. They looked wonderful. It reminded me of Deidara's art. No, wait! I don't want to think about him right now. So I jus stood there, with my arms crossed, and looked up at the exploding lights.

Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist. I jumped, startled. Then, I saw it was Deidara. I frowned and turned away again. I swear, I could feel him smirking. Why that little.. I'll smack him! I swear I will! I felt him lean forward slightly, and he whispered in my ear;

"Marry me, hm?"

-Normal P.O.V-

Audrey whirled around, and faced the blonde bomber.

"What did you just say?!" She all but shrieked. This caused everyone around them to look over. Deidara remained oblivious to them.

"I said, 'Will you marry me?' hm." He repeated. Then, he slowly dropped to one knee, and pulled out a ring.

Audrey stared at him, stricken with surprise. The fireworks continued to go off behind her. To Deidara, she couldn't look more beautiful than she did right now.

"Y-yes.. Yes!" Audrey threw her arms around her, now fiance's, neck and kissed him. Deidara nearly fell over, but caught himself and stood up. Taking Audrey with him. He picked her up bridal style, and let her slip the ring he got her on her left ring finger. He turned them to their friends who were standing(Gina and Itachi sitting) behind them. Deidara had never grinned as big as he was grinning right now.

"Congratulations." Sasori smirked, congratulating his friend. After they finally gathered themselves Itachi stood up to pat Deidara on the back, the others clapped enthusiastically for their newly engaged friends, and Evelynn let out a whoop of encouragement, jumping and pumping a fist in the air as she did so.

Deidara set Audrey back on her feet, and she linked her arm with his. After she sent him an adoring smile, they both turned back to watch the grand finale of the fireworks. Itachi had settled back next to Gina, and Evelynn was once again next to Sasori.

"Does this mean miss Audrey is gonna have a baby like miss Gina?" Adrian asked innocently. Audrey suddenly got very pale.

It also took Sasori twenty minutes to get Evelynn to stop laughing.