Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Grow, Live, Die ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth


A/N Thanks for the reviews. While some may say the last chapter was Occ. It sort of was. Who knew what Kasumi was like when she was young? As I see it the whole family is emotional. Nabiki just channels it differently. Frankly I find it to be a disappointment that Kasumi is noticed. She in the series is considered a little above a background character. Besides if she was only that vapid cheerful person, the realization that she never helped her family overcome the emotional damage from her mother's death, and in fact made things worse by letting the hurt increase. I think she would just go and kill herself when she was no longer needed. As for Nabiki, I hate her, just a little less then Akane.

In other news' My oneshot "Do it" is just an idea, Anyone can take it, provided they ask and give me credit

I don't own anything

Chapter. 5: Grow, Live, Die

I'm free. Two simple words that mean the world to me. I never knew what this sensation feels like. That I am finally in control of my fate. I own me and no one else can ever tell me what to do, "Son? Do you mind getting this from the market?" I sigh and take the list from Mom; I somehow knew that train of thought was going to be derailed. Anyways I walk out the Saotome Mansion. It is a huge place, at least ten times bigger then to Kuno home. It is elegantly designed to have a western look mixed with traditional Japanese culture. Also the fact that the whole place was filled with very expensive items didn't escape my notice. Genma would have a hurt attack if he ever saw here. Must be why Mom kept him away. I go to my room to change out my pj's and into some clothes

I walk into my room. It was completely black and red. The room looked like bloody shadows. Mom says I designed this room before the training trip. I guess I was a dark little kid. No power rangers, or cuddly toys decorated my walls, but rather, numerous weapons of all types lined the walls and ancient scrolls remind me, where I learned Latin. I got to admit, I was a cool little kid. I am a little sword crazy, but hey, look at Mom; she even sleeps with her blade. I select my clothes; in fact it's something new. Extremely baggy black jeans to allow movement while running or fighting, a red muscle shirt and to top it off, an iron belt carved to resemble a two-headed dragon that is easily adjusted, for some reason I think I'm going to need the room.

It has been two days since I left the Tendo home and beat the living snot out of Genma for the hell he has put me through. Mom and Kasumi, met Amy and they both approved of her after me and Kasumi managed to stop laughing from her introduction. But I got the feeling that there was something wrong with Amy. She had a smile but it looked faked.. Nabiki was bailed out of jail, but she is still awaiting trail. When the rumors get out, she is going to have a hard time not staying in jail. Akane does nothing but attack me, but with a simple drop kick, she is easily dealt with. I put on my shoes and see as the laces seem to melt into the shoe, so they won't come off easily. No matter how many times I see that, I'm still amazed. I have a lot to do today. I still have to confront the Amazons about canceling their claim. I also have to tell Ukyo that the engagement was voided. So much to do, but it's all worth it

I walk out into the hallway when something catches my eye. It is a halt. The blade has been long removed; all that remains is a silver colored hilt that is shaped like a dragon's mouth. I pick it up and stash it into my pocket. I don't know why, I just do. I run out the door and in moments I'm on the fence grinding to the market. It doesn't take long getting everything on the list, so with a quick trip back to drop of the items, I'm heading towards the Cat Café.

When I enter, the sight isn't pleasant. Tables overturned, chairs broken and Mousse shaped like a human pretzel. Shampoo is pissed I can hear something being smashed into rapidly that is outside. Cologne enters the room and hops up. "Welcome Son-in-law" I sighed and sat down, "Cologne we need to talk" She nodded, surprised about me not calling her ol' ghoul. "I want the Kiss of Marriage and Death be nullified" Cologne shook her head, "I can't do that. Three thousand years of Amazon history has never failed, it won't now" I feel a headache is coming on, "Shampoo threatened to kill my mother several days ago, there is no way that I will even consider marrying her."

Cologne frowned at Shampoo, who ducked into the kitchen, "Be it as it may, I can't end the engagement" I sighed, time for the last resort, "Then I have a challenge, If I win, both laws are receded. I lose I go to China to marry Shampoo" Cologne grinned, "Is it a fight?" I shake my head, "In several days I am having a Grind Race against Ryouga, Shampoo is to be in this contest if you agree" Cologne was interested. "What is a Grind Contest?" I explained and she was even more interested. "It seems to be good, but why should I agree? Sooner or later, you'll give in" It is time for my trump card, I stood up, "Follow me," Cologne, Shampoo and Mousse followed me outside the restaurant and into a vacant lot, "Stand back"

I walked to the center of the field and got into stance. "DEMON GOD STORM!" A hurricane made entirely of vacuum blades surrounded me, destroying everything in the vacant lot, but the amazing part is that they didn't make a sound. Seconds later I ended my attack; the field was completely destroyed. The Amazons were dumbstruck, "This is one of my hidden moves. Win or lose, I teach you this move Cologne." I got her; she is literally drooling. The Demon God Storm is very destructive but it doesn't make a sound, "Such a technique, one person can defeat an army of Herbs." I added the sinker, "Cologne this is win, win. I win, you learn an invincible technique that will make sure your line is the strongest. You win, you get me and the Technique"

Cologne tapped her staff on the ground in thought. "I agree, only if Mousse is in the contest. We will be there for the race" I wave and go on my way. Now it is time to break the news to Ukyo_crap. I practice my grinding and I'm heading towards Ucchan's trying to think of how to break the news to Ukyo. Maybe I should have walked_nah. I walk into the restaurant and is glomped by Ukyo, "Ranchan!" I put on a fake smile, "Ukyo we need to talk" Half an hour later I limp out of Ucchan's covered with spatula imprints. When I told her of the engagements being canceled, she beat the living snot out of me. I left her crying in her seat. I feel bad, but the madness needs to stop.

I'm again wondering around town when I bump into someone, "Sor_Oh hey Tails!" Tails rubbed his head where he bumped into me, "Hey Ranma, guess what I got the railings done! I'm looking them over now" I look around and see that everything looks the same. Tails grinned as he pulled out a remote and with a push of a button I was in heaven. Railings that went everywhere and carved in every direction even some went up. At certain intervals, I can see machines that resemble treadmills. Tails saw what I was looking at, "Speed boost. They increase one's speed 200 percent for about thirty seconds." Tails continued to give me details, when we wanted the railing to be gone, they want into a subspace pocket. Also when one falls off there motion detecting teleporters to reset one's position five feet from where the person fell. The rails for the race go all over the city and underground in abandoned subways. The maximum height is about three miles above Nerima. The thing I wanted to hear was that there were cameras all over the course, proof of who wins. I get my activator from Tails so I can switch on the rails. It has the symbol of a fox. I grin. "Tails above and beyond the call. Come on, I'm treating you to ice cream" Like any kid Tails' age he did a victory dance

After gorging ourselves with a least three gallons worth of ice cream. We want out the shop and wondered around town. I thought back to Amy. I think that there is something wrong with her. I seen her yesterday, but she seem distracted. "Tails?" I ask. Tails stopped, "Yes Ranma?" I don't want to worry Tails, but I'm concerned. "Is there something wrong with Amy?" I could have sworn I saw Tails stopped smiling. "I don't think so" I shake my head and we continue walking.

It was a hour later, when we passed by a park, and I heard someone crying. "Tails wait here" Tails nodded, seeming to be uncomfortable. I went around the bushes and found Amy. She was sitting at the edge of a pond with her feet in the water. Her arms were tucked under her knees and she was silently sobbing. I walked over and sat down behind her, then wrapped my arms around her, "Are you okay?" She shakes her head and buried herself deep into my body. "I'm never am on this day"

I tighten my hug; Amy needs my support just like I needed hers. "What happened on this day" She shook her head. "I can't tell you." I sighed, "I have the feeling that you don't want to tell me." She tried to get up but I held onto her tightly, "Amy I want to know what is so bad that you cried. I want to be there for you like you are there for me_please tell me"

She was silent for a while. I didn't mind, I'm willing to wait. We both sat there, watching the water ripple in the pond, "Did you know I wasn't always mature as I am. I was quite_what is the word? Ah ditsy. I was a spoiled brat who always needed saving, the princess who waits for her prince to save her. I thought as long as Sonic is out there, I'll always be fine. I had a crush on him you know. Hero worship. It was a couple years after you-you" I finished for her, "After I died?" She nodded. "You see this very bad guy kidnapped me in hopes of getting something special from Sonic. I was scared, so I didn't even bother defending myself when he came. He just took me. Well when Sonic found out, he dismissed it and took his sweet time coming to my rescue. That horrible man, got `bored' so he started to play with me"

I got a sinking feeling that I wasn't going to like what Amy is going to say, so I just held her, "He beat me, none stop, using numerous torture devices on me while Sonic came. I waited and hoped that Sonic would come soon and save me, you know like he always does. The guy turned on the screen to show Sonic was sleeping and I cried. He wasn't coming. I thought he loved me, but I realize I was being delusional. I was just an annoyance who caused trouble for Sonic. I couldn't take care of myself, so I slowed him down. Then he broke me." Oh god. Please don't late her say what I think she is going to save "He raped me Ranma" She started sobbing, "It hurt so much, he laughed at me the whole time and to make it worse he kept the view screen on Sonic, who was walking towards where I am. I died that day in many ways" She started to sob even harder. I wiped the tears from her eyes. "The bastard undid my chins and said if I can hurt him, even a scratch, I'll be let go. I got to my feet and that was the first time I used the light speed dash. I went right through him. Sonic found me covered in blood, most of it was that bastards. I killed him, and I wanted to do it again. I attacked Sonic, we both barely survived."

I saw Amy in a whole new light. I thought something like this would never happen to Amy, it makes me wish I could kill the bastard that did this to her. "In a sick twisted way, I owe that man, for making me realize I've been dreaming. I became strong so I won't need a knight to come a save me. I'm sick of acting like a weak defenseless princess. If you want me to leave, I understand" She tried to stand, but I held onto her, "I know you may not need a knight, because I know you are strong Amy, just know, that I'm here to help. No matter what I'll be here to help" I leaned foreward and kissed the side of her face. "Right now you need me to be strong for you, so I'll be strong, just let it out" Amy froze after I said that, She turned around in my arms and now was in my lap. She wiped her face and stared me in the eyes, and then she started crying even harder onto my shoulder, I just held her.

Out the corner of my eyes, I saw Tails leave the park, I'll get back to him later, Right now Amy needed me. We stayed like that for a while just watching the scenery. It was a very peaceful romantic scene. With my luck something should go wrong right about now_"Ranma how dare you cheat on me with her!!!!" Yep. Akane with the mallet in the park. I rather have Amy with the lipstick in the movies. I need to stop playing `Clue' it's wrapping my fragile little mind. I scoop Amy in my arms, jump to the closest tree and set her down. "I'll be right back, so don't move" Amy nodded and giggled. It's nice to see that she is feeling better. I jump down and duck under a swing from her cursed mallet. "What do you want Akane? You were interrupting something you know." Akane just growls at me, "You are my fiancé it doesn't matter what your mother said, you are mine!!! Everything was fine until she showed up!! I want you to come back to me!! I'll even forgive you if you try some of my cooking."

I am really getting sick of people who think I belong to them, "I thought you didn't want to marry me?" Akane is rabid I think yep there is the foam, I wonder if it is contigious. I hope she doesn't bite me. Akane rolls her eyes at my question, "Of course I don't want to marry a perverted jerk like you, who would" Amy coughs and raises her hand, she is a keeper. Akane ignores this, "So you don't want to marry me?" Akane nods "That is right!" This is almost too easy, "Okay then, good day Ms. Tendo" She glares at me, "I'll be glad if I never see you again" and she stomps off into the distant, her hammer swinging and knocking down innocent trees. This reminds me of that bugs bunny cartoon where he and the duck are arguing about what season it is. A genius that rabbit is. I help Amy down, who already broke down into giggles as we leave the park.

"I wonder how long it takes for Akane to realize she has been duped," I say out loud when we are a couple blocks away from the park. "RRRRRRAAANNNMMMMAAAA!!!!" I wonder if she has a microphone when she does that. "Race you!" I jump onto the rail and grind down the streets, right across the street is Amy. I'll say it again, I am really glad that she is smiling again. "Yo' Amy!" Amy stops, "What!" She calls across the street "Tails is done with the railing" Amy grins, "Well? What are you waiting for?? Turn it on!" I activate it and I look the expression on Amy's face. People on the street stop and stare at the new railings in amazement I see down the street gaping at the railing, I guess he just figured how hard the challenge just got. I'm glad I didn't break any of his bones when I first used Chaos Control, I don't want him to whine about a handicap. I yell to Amy,. "Come on! The race is still on" I go onto a speed boost and I get the speed needed to ride up a vertical rail. Amy did the same thing but she did a flip at the top and ended up onto a parallel line. I glance down, to see Ryouga is still gaping, "YOU BETTER PRACTICE P-CHAN. THE AMAZONS ARE JOINING OUR CONTEST!!!" I hope Ryouga finally comes around and stops being royally anal. Shit I think I should call Akari.

I flipped onto Amy rail so I'm grinding backwards while facing her. I lean towards her and give a peck on her lips. "You're losing" She smirks "You should turn around, something is coming" I turn only to realize I've been tricked. Maybe it was the point where she pushed me off the railing. Below, people scream as they expect me to fall to my death. The teleporters activate and I find myself back on the rail. Amy is far ahead thought. I jump to the next rail, form a line of rings and pass through the first one. Oh shit I heading towards a speed boost! I hit it and I'm twenty feet in front of Amy, I turn and call, "To the theaters! If I win, Action movie!!" Amy smirks "If I win Drama!" I smirk because I can see the theaters. I'm feet from it. I look back to gloat at Amy and that proved to be my downfull. Amy cheated! She lifted her shirt to show a red bra. I fell off the railing, knowing I already lost. Or did I win? By time I got to the theater, Amy is holding tickets for, `When Henry met Sally' I lost.

Read and review