Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ The Search Part 2: In the Brightest Night ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: Thanks for the reviews. I need to clarify, when I said keep guessing on the next crossover, I meant that I wasn't going to tell. Some of the reviewers are right. Sorry about that. Thanks for reading.

Chapter 18: The Search Part 2: In the Brightest Night

Chaos:

I got off the rails, they were always fun. I dashed through the hallway, using my senses to alert me to danger. Finding none I looked up to look at my new partner. "You are a thing of beauty" I said. Shadow is simply a genius. I wonder if he knows that he made real Chao. I think so on some deeper level. The Chao that I lovingly dubbed 'Isis' smiled widely. "Hello pretty lady!" I smiled, "Hello young one" Being guardian, I've hung around Chao long enough to pick up the language. I never thought of teaching them other languages like Shadow taught Shade, I must say his use is most explicative.

That only brings me back to the Chao. "Isis" She turned, still smiling, like nothing can hurt her. It is very refreshing. "Yes?" Maybe she can help. "What are you?" Isis stopped floating forward, suddenly deep in thought. She turned and smiled even wider. "That's easy. Isis is Isis. Just like pretty lady is pretty lady" I stopped stunned. Such deep words from one so innocent. Maybe that is all there is to that. "You are very wise Isis-chan. Come lets get going, we don't want to fall behind" She sped up in her floating as I increased my pace.

In the next room, we encountered the first obstacle. Humanoid Machines, all loaded with guns were infront of me. Taking out my bow, I pulled out the strings, concentrated my energies and let it go. "Spirit arrow!" An arrow made of pure energy fired from the bow and pierced through five of the robots. Each one touched just fell down like a puppet whose strings have been cut. "Wow!" Isis said, impressed. I like her. I quickly shot down the rest of my enemies and continued on my way. Walking into the next room I found it empty except for a door that had a huge lock on it. Strapping my wooden bow to my back, I walked up to the door.

Examining it, I found a message on the door, after pressing switch, two more doors will open up and I have to search for two segments of a key buried in the ground, each one on both sides of the forest. This is easy. I pressed the switch and went into the room on the left. I entered to what appeared to be a massive forest. Okay maybe this won't be so easy. If I didn't learn from Tails the properties of subspace, I would have said it'll be impossible to fit something this big in a room. This must be a pocket dimension. Luckly I'm well equipped to find those key parts.

"Oh, what is this?" Isis said, excited to see trees for the first time. Was I ever so young? Taking another look, I found this forest to be hauntingly beautiful. Massive trees that stretched on into the sky and some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen littered the floors. "It's a forest, those brown things with green tops are trees. They provide life to those in the forest." Isis floated to one of the wooden giants. "Thank you Mr. Tree!"

How cute. My eyes widened when one of the branches of the tree Isis talked to reached out and pat her on the head. This forest is sentient. Isis floated closer to the tree. "Mr. Tree is nice" I nod, but I can't waste any time. Using my other senses, I began searching for the key fragment. "Pretty lady? What are you doing" Isis asked, she must have sense the energy I'm using. "Call me Chaos, Isis-chan. As for what I'm doing is using a seventh sense to search for the key fragment. I use the six sense as a danger sense, but the seventh is a radar type thing. I use it to locate items far off into the distance...I found it" I said turning in one direction.

I groaned, it was completely blocked by the massive trees. How to do this. "If it was so easy to ask them to move out the way." I said out loud. I was unprepared to see the trees part before me, leaving a path way. "Um...Thank you" I said, being respectful. Isis landed on my head and we ventured deeper into the forest. I found the deeper I went it, the more I fell in love with this place. It's so relaxing, and the scenery is beautiful. A butterfly flew and landed on my nose. I had to cross my eyes to see it.

It had beautiful wings. On it was a rose pattern. Before I could react, it glowed golden and burst in an small explosion of gold specks that flowed into me. "What was that about?" I asked out loud, my skin feeling tingly. "Chaos! Wow" I pulled out a mirror and gasped. My hair was no longer short but reached all the way to the ground. What was more amaze is that it started to tie itself it tight braid. It now reached my waist. But wrapped with the braid was a fine golden silk.

Further analysis of my clothes revealed that my Miko robes have been replaced with a Kimono that had designs of the butterfly that landed on my nose. Very weird. "You look so pretty Chaos!" These are very nice clothes. I resumed walking but at a slower pace, as not to damage my clothes. Soon I came to the location of the key. It was a lake. In the middle of it was a small island that had a shrine on it. On the border of the lake, there was a plank. "Every journey begins with a step. All you need is faith." I read out loud.

I could simply jump across or transform, but it'll damage my new clothes. Also I took what the lake said to mind. All I need is a single step. "Chaos what are you doing?" Isis asked as I rose a foot and prepare to step. "Sometimes Isis-chan all you need is a little faith" With that said I stepped down into the lake fully prepared to fall into the water. I watched amazed as my foot hit something solid. "Wow" I began walking on the water, watching as the lake rippled under each step. Soon I was at the shrine in the middle of the lake.

On an alter was what looked like the fragment of the key I needed, but next to it was an Upgrade Ring! Taking the fragment into subspace, I examined the Upgrade Ring. Tapping it with my aura, it revealed the item inside. It was a crystal globe that was empty inside. Lifting it up, instructions suddenly appeared in my head. I lifted the arm that was holding the globe. "Contain" The effect of immediate. The forest blurred was sucked into the orb, draining into it like a vacuum cleaner. Soon I found myself back in my Miko clothes in a small room. Even my hair was back to normal. Weird

I looked into my hand and found the globe was no longer empty but now showing an image of the forest. I know for sure that when I get home, I'm going to add so much room to the common room. Isis laughed. "That tickled! Do it again!" I laughed with her as I put the orb in subspace and walked out the room. I went back to the fork and took the path on the right. Entering the room, it wasn't another pocket dimension but was filled with many enemies. My senses told me that one of the key fragments was in one of them. I've spent to much time in that forest. Time for an special attack. Holding up my bow, I concentrated my energies "Spirit Big Blast!" Like my Spirit arrow, a shot of spirit energy came out but this time it vaporized everything with a massive blast.

"Wow, what was that?" Isis asked as she picked up the key fragment for me. "It was a blast of spirit energy. Spirit energy is a lot like the internal energy known as Ki. Ki is what powers the body. Spirit energy draws on the soul. On demons, it allows me to purify them, thereby defeat them. It works just as well on anything else. That is my task as a shrine priestess. It is my life" Isis nodded. "Did you always wanted to be a priestess? Couldn't you do something else along with being a priestess?" I could not answer this, because I never thought of it.

Back at the locked door, I entered both fragments and watched as the door opened to reveal pure darkness. Isis hugged closer to my head. "It's scary" I patted her head. "It's okay Isis-chan, watch" I pointed my bow into the darkness. "Spirit Slide" I fired and a solid beam of energy went down into the darkness and curved in a spiral pattern. "Hold on Isis-Chan" I stepped onto the slide and began going down into the darkness. "Wwwweeeeee" I heard Isis yell as we descended further into the darkness. Soon we hit the bottom. "Chaos?"

I turned and saw Knuckles there. "Hey Knuckles" He grinned and was about to talk when, "Stop where you are" I turned to my left, standing in front of me was a Senshi. I think Jupiter. Tuning my senses I can feel what Shadow was warning about. Her spirit, it feels suppressed and tainted. I could see her face was lacking any emotion like it was never there. "What are we doing here?" A robotic voice answered. "ThErE aRe tHrEe PaThS. YoU wIlL fIgHt To DeCiDe wHiCh oNe TaKeS wHiCh WhEn ThE LiGhTs CoMe On!"

Crap I have to fight Knuckles. "I guess we have no choice." Knuckle's said as his Chao flew off his head and he pulled his massive weapon off his back. Jupiter in response started cackling with lightning. "Isis-chan. Go fly up in the air and watch me fight." She nodded. "Be careful Chaos" I barely heard this as Jupiter charged at me. She was trained I could see, but not well enough, but she's fast and strong. I punched her in the stomach and tossed her away just in time to avoid the true danger, Knuckles.

He's almost as fast as Sonic is and makes up the disadvantage in speed with his god like endurance and strength. I barely dodged the blow from his hammer. When is hit the ground, it shook and Knuckles sank into the ground. The hammer had made a huge crater in the ground. The shaking of the ground made me stumble right into his follow up swing. OWWW SHHITTT! I crashed into the wall painfully. "Give it up Chaos, you couldn't beat me before, you can't know with only one emerald." He's right, and we both know it.

I got up in time to see a bolt of lighting shaped like a dragon slam into his side. Knuckles didn't even grunt. He turned to Jupiter and rushed at her, forgetting about me...that is his mistake. "SPIRIT BIG BLAST" Even bigger than the last time I shot this it rushed at Knuckles. It has to be bigger and stronger. I was proven wrong about Knuckles forgetting about me when he leapt off the ground high into the air. The blast hit Jupiter and she was launched across the room. I dove out the way as Knuckles glided through the air and slammed into the ground where I was. Again a giant crater was formed.

A bunch of dust flew up into the air blocking my vision, but my senses told me something was approaching. I ducked under a kick from Jupiter. Other than some burnt patches of her fuku, she looks fine. In fact is it me or is her clothing repairing itself. I jumped over another kick grabbed her leg and in did the exact same thing I saw the demon NekoTachi do to Shadow only I kept on slamming her into the nearest surface which was the wall about twenty times.

Jupiter slumped down to the ground, by my senses she's knocked out or very low on energy. I look around and saw nothing. Where the hell is Knuckles...oh shit! I jumped up in the air as high as I could before the ground below where I was exploded. Scraps of metal and dust flew everywhere again blocking my eyesight. "Spirit Slide" I fired and used my attacks secondary effect. The slide made of spirit energy started drilling into the ground. I have to say watching Shadow and Ryo-chan fight is very inspiring.

The dust cleared to reveal a very stunned Knuckles. The drill hit right on target, must not waste this opportunity. "SPIRIT BIG BLAST, TIMES TEN!" Ten versions of the Spirit Big Blast shot out my bow, curved around each other to form one humongous version and slammed right into Knuckles. The whole room lit up from the explosion that happened. I dropped to the ground and rushed in, intending to knock him out quickly when my fist was caught. "Crap" I muttered

"Very impressive Chaos, you've improved. Too bad it isn't enough" And than his form blurred. I tried to keep up with his attacks, but they were too much. I jumped, kicked off his chest, launching both of us in opposite directions. This will only buy me so much time. Before I could act, I suddenly hit with a massive electricity attack. I think I screamed. I shouldn't have forgot about Jupiter. I struggled to my feet and found that we were in a Mexican Standoff between three people. Jupiter was charging up another lightning attack and Knuckles was glowing brownish red. I'm worried, he hasn't used an energy attack yet.

I may have to use the attack Ryo-chan helped me make. Putting by bow behind my back I held up both hands and started to tap into my spirit energies plus the trickles of chaos energy from my guardian emerald. I felt that everyone is about to reach their max. "JUPITER OAK EVOLUTION!!!" "GIA SHOUT!!!!!" "SPIRIT FINAL FLASH!!!!" That DragonBall manga is very helpful I thought as the room flared white and then there was darkness.

I awoke to the sound of Isis calling my name. "I'm fine now Isis-chan" She smiled and I started to look around. I'm lying under a mini waterfall. Right in front of another set of rails. "What happened Isis-chan?" Isis landed on my head. "After that giant white flash thingy only that strong guy was standing. He looked a little tired but I was more worried about you. You were on the floor sleeping. Then some doors opened and some metal wiggly things came and dragged you here" Damn it, I lost. I have to take the hard path. "How long was I out" Isis become lost in thought. "About thirty minutes"

Not to much time has past, but still I'm behind. Groaning as I got to my feet, I made sure I was steady before I went down the next set of rails. "Shit" I said as I saw the lava pools and how my rail went right near there. At certain points the lava jumped out and just missed hitting the rail. "This is going to be hard."

Tails:

These rails are better than mine. I'll just have to upgrade when all of this is over. Most likely Shadow will help me even further improve the design. I wished that he had enough time to remember when we first met. A lot of problems could have been avoided. He is such a genius, take the MechaChao for example. He did in several weeks what would have taken me several months for an inferior design. I named my Chao 'Kit' short for Kitsune. I still can't figure out how he's floating. Is it anti-gravity engines? Telekinesis like Shade? Or simple hover engines? When Kit isn't flying around my head, he's running on the floor actually keeping pace with me.

"Kit" The Chao turned to me. "Chao Chao?" Hmm time to used some of the properties I saw Shadow input when I came over to help. "Kit, Change Default Language to Japanese" Kit's eye's glowed orange. "Done. Any other commands?" It does work. "Scan for incoming enemies within forty miles in all directions." The orange glow intensified as Kit scanned over the area. "Scan's show five hundred enemies" Crap Crap Crap "Specify" Kit frowned. "Machine types. Distance 2 yards, 1.8 yards" Oh uh... "1.5 yards" I pull up my gun and turned off the safety. "Come on Kit"

I ran into the next room and began firing the minute I saw the first one. Bullets are so messy. I prefer to use lasers. That way you can have settings on how powerful the laser can be. From stun to vaporize. Right now I'm using vaporize. This is strong enough to knock Knuckles out so my lasers are cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. "This is too easy" Sonic and Shadow have both warned me about saying this. I should have listened to them because the next set of bots suddenly had reflective energy shields. Not strong enough to fully reflect my blast but enough to slow me done by dodging the incoming blast.

Kit jumped on my head. "Haven't you heard of Murphy's Law. I think that has to be the dumbest thing you said" Ha ha very funny. I get a MechaChao that has a sense of humor. I dodged another reflected shot and smacked my partner in the head. I than grabbed him and dove around the corner. Looking around it. I saw the Machines are approaching still. I ducked around again, this time to toss my attack. "FOXTAIL SURPRISE!!"

I covered my ears to block out the resulting explosion. The foxtail surprise is a mix of ki attack and grenade. Instead of using a pin, I use my ki as a trigger. That way I basically have remote control bombs. The ki used only magnifies the explosion. It also allows me to direct the direction of where the bomb explodes. I could be right by it and not be hit. Kit looked around and whistled. "DDDDAAAAMMMMNNN!!! You blows up shit reals good" I rolled my eyes and continued on my way.

"Hey Tails" Kit asked as we were proceeding down the hall "I've been going over the files for Mobian Corp. and I see nothing for a tech division." I grin and point to my head. "The Tech division is me and Ranma" The crowd is listening so I can't call him Shadow. "All the Technology comes directly from us, but I really don't know how to define our working relationship. Ranma treats me like an equal even though I know less the him and he always helps me with any project I have trouble with." Kit nodded. "So he's your mentor" I nod "Sort of, but I consider him more of a big brother, like Sonic"

"So what has been built?" I grin, time to show off Mobian Corp to those listening. "I've built the rails for grinding. More from memory though. I have many designs for easy space travel and space colonies design. You've seen my gun. The Hikari-Z3400 series. Uses lasers rather than bullets. It only needs recharging after three hundred shots and even than all it takes is a minute in any light source. Has settings from stun to lethal. Perfect gun."

Kit nods. "What about Ranma? I mean besides the MechaChao series." Tails grinned "He shown me some things that I never imagined building. First is his copy of Son Goku's staff...I couldn't call it a copy because he improved it. It can extend to an easy thousand feet. Also by charging his aura, can extend his energy into a bar like shape that causes three times the damage the staff normally does. Next is his katana. Made it from the fang of the dragon form of his partner Shade. It's so sharp it can cut through the strongest metals and that is if he isn't using his ki to sharpen the blade. Once he does he can cut through anything." I decided not to reveal the energy attacks me and him discovered hidden in the finished blade. We both figured it came from the fact that the blade was made from Shade's dragon form, which is fueled by chaos energy.

"Then there are the top secret projects. I can't tell you about them, because they are going to be big." I'll wait till I'm forced to reveal what my backpack is. Kit nodded and we continued through the pathways, casually blasting the occasional robot. That was when Kit spoke "What is Shade's dragon form?" I grin, it's about time he asked. "I first thought that with enough energy, Shade goes under an evolution or sorts. Like those in the Digimon Manga. I confronted Ranma about this and he congratulated me on a nice guess but I was wrong" Kit got closer. "Than what he say" I grin. "I was amazed to find out that all Chao have alternate forms sealed in subspace. Whatever form it is depends on the partner of said Chao. He says Shade has many but because he doesn't remember them yet he can't get Shade to use them."

Kit then blows my mind. "Then what is my alternate form?" I stopped stunned. It never occurred to me about the others having alternate forms. Kit may be a MechaChao but Shadow told me that he made them exactly like regular Chao. This is what he's been hinting at for the Ascension Protocols. I suspect that after they assume the alternate forms, they take that leap and turn into real Chao and I know what the trigger is, my Guardian Emerald. I summoned it. The energies are dimmed because of the drain effect, but I feel it's enough. "Kit here"

I tossed the Emerald and like Shade, Kit consumed it. His jaws widened and eyes opened all over his head, but rather than red eyes, they were orange. An aura that looked like a flower of orange fire appeared at his feet. The petals lifted up and covered him to make a cocoon. It pulsed several times and then it vanished showing Kit's alternate form. He was now bigger than any horse I've seen. He was now a giant fox, only he had nine tails. Kit's eyes glowed white and he yawned while stretching to reveal massive fangs and powerful muscles. There was a gem like emblem embedded in between his eyes.

"Wow" Both me and Kit said at the same time. I hopped on his back. "Lets see how fast you are." He began a graceful stride and the room blurred around me. He's going as fast as Knuckles, that is very impressive. In terms of speed, me myself is slower than Knuckles but I'm faster than Rouge. Kit ducked around the corner and we both encountered more bots. "Don't bother slowing down" I said as I picked off with my weapon. This is so much more easier. In the next room it looked like an empty arena. Than a panel opened on the floor and a twenty foot robot rose out the floor and it was heavily armed. "Kit turn back" He did so and I put the emerald back into subspace. It's time to test out my new invention.

"Tornado Mach II series activate." What appeared to be my metal backpack expanded in a fancy transformation into an exoskeleton that fully protected my body. It was twenty five feet tall, even more heavy armed as it had a machine gun version of the Hikari-Z3400 series on both arms, that had a higher power level. It also boosted strength, speed and endurance. It'll be hard, but with this I could even take out Sonic. The machine I'm facing obviously had survival protocols because I saw it hesitate. I must imagine my smile would have looked positively evil when I raised both guns.

"Say hello to my little friend" I snickered as I fired on the lightest setting to test out it's defenses." An energy barrier rose and blocked the shot. Frontal shields. The machine roared and jumped towards me with the aid of jet engines. I ducked under the blow and watched as it quickly turned around, great reaction time. I fired several more rounds and found the fetal flaw. The back doesn't have a energy shield. Why do they always build these flaws into machines. I'm so glad that the MechaChao don't have those. "You kick some &*^*!!" Maybe not.

I turned the Tornado back into the compact mode on my back.

"Come on Kit" We both went to the door that is the entrance to the next room. It's a hallway, rather small to. I had Kit go to his alternate form, because I got a bad vibe. I got on his back. "Go as fast as you can when we enter the room" My vibe was right because five feet from the entrance the wall started collapsing behind me. "RUN FASTER" I yelled as the collapsing room got closer. "I'M TRYING!!!" Kit replied. "DON'T TRY!!! DO!!!" Looking ahead I saw several turns. "LEFT!" I screamed at one fork, Kit skidded as he turned to the left. The wall stopped collapsing when we made the turn. "That was close" Kit said

"I don't think so. Be prepared to run when you caught your breath?" Do MechaChao even breath. I don't know. It'll be rude to ask Kit, so I'll ask Shadow when this is over. "You ready?" I asked. Kit nodded and started running again. I was right again, the walls came crashing down again. Kit was better prepared so we were ahead of the collapsing walls. There is something floating ahead of us. "Slow down" Kit did. I turned and shot a full powered blast at the collapsing wall behind us so it won't catch up and quickly grabbed said item. "Go!! Go!! Go!!"

We made it into another room. This is very small, barely fitting Kit's size. "So what was so impressive that I had to slow down?" I looked down and grin. "It's an Upgrade Ring" Yeah, this is so great. "Upgrade Ring? What is that?" My grin only gets wider. "We don't really know what an Upgrade Ring is, only what it does. It lets one upgrade anything. Equipment, skills, strength, speed. Anything, but it's all at random." I pumped some energy into it and activated it. The Hikari-Z3400 series gun hanging on my side glowed golden and changed. While it was glowing the gun got longer and the barrel got wider. It was till the glow subsided when I saw the full change.

The gun now had an emblem of fox on it. The metal it was made of looks stronger. Hmm, there are also higher energy settings, and different options of shooting. There is the default gun mode, a machine gun mode like the version the Tornado uses, a sniper mode that is going to be very useful and last but not least a bazooka mode. Very, very good. I didn't think I could make a machine gun version for human use, the recoil is too strong. I guess I was proven wrong. I'll call this new version of the gun the Z34100 series. "So you got something that lets you blow more shit up?" I nod evilly. "Lets go."

Kit turned back to his regular form and we entered the next room. It was a huge room and like last time, there was a huge machine waiting. Time for a test run. I switched to bazooka mode and the gun morphed. The gun got longer and the barrel got even wider until it was as wide as my head. I set it to the maximum setting and fired. A giant ray of energy shot out, about seven meters wide and tall. Kit and I whistled at the resulting damage. "DDDAAAMMMNNN!" We both said.

The machine was gone, nothing there to suggest that it was even there. Also the wall behind it was also gone, like someone just cut it out and through it away. No burn marks or anything. Looking at the meter on the gun, I saw that I have nineteen more shots before I have to reload...wait a minute. According to the meter, all I have to do to reload is switch between modes and the cells for that mode will recharge while the gun is in other modes as well as the regular recharge method. I kissed my weapon. "This is awesome!!!"

What the wall revealed was darkness. Walking to the edges it looks like I have to jump down. I activated another feature of the contraption on my back. Large helicopter blades sprung out my backpack and I slowly descended into the darkness. On the bottom I deactivated it and pulled out a flash light. "Creepy. I wonder what's going on down here?" Kit shook his head from his spot on my head. It seems that all Chao like to sit on their partners head. "Stop where you are"

I looked around and saw one of the Senshi. Oh crap. I remember Shadow's warning. I also know that I'm screwed because standing in front of me is Sailor Saturn, rumored to be the most destructive one. Damn it, she's cute! Oh why do all the cute ones have to be messed up! She's my age too! This sucks. "Nice meeting you here." She glared. "You must be defeated for the future of Crystal Tokyo." That's new. "Why?" She blinked. "What?" She said in the same glazed tone. "Why must Crystal Tokyo exist. What I heard that it causes the death of most of humanity and the enslavement of the others. It is a dying cause" She glared at me. "Crystal Tokyo is perfection."

I wonder, this trick works on low level A. I. would it work on her? Especially with the reprogramming. "What is perfection?" She faltered. "Perfection is...Perfection is... Crystal Tokyo is the ultimate perfection of mankind. It is where everyone follows order and chaos is sealed away" I interrupted her. "If everything is perfect, wouldn't that be an imperfection itself? If man can no longer evolve, improve somehow, we would die out. " Her battle aura came out. It was purple but with gray vines covering it. That gray must be the Geas Shadow told us about. "Why is Crystal Tokyo perfection? If it is perfection than by process of logic, then Crystal Tokyo is imperfect. Your so called order will become chaos."

Her aura flared as she started stumbling. The gray started being dissolved, but it wasn't gone. "You are a threat to Crystal Tokyo, so you must die" Her aura flared even bigger. Shit she's about to use one hell of an attack. "Silence.." Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap!" I pulled out my gun, still in bazooka mode and set it to maximum "Glaive..." Her weapon rose up and was pointed at me. I braced myself. This may hurt. "SURPRISE!!!!" A massive wave of purple death shot at me. It made no sound and the very ground was silently destroyed, I ignored that as I kept on firing my weapon. Each shot made a dent and slowed it down. She must have not used her full strength, because three shots destroyed her attack, "Silence Wall" The next two hit an invisible shield. I kept on firing, watching as the her aura shrunk. The gray shrunk too.

I realized horrified as she's putting her very life into that shield. Sweat is pouring down her face just to maintain her shield as I didn't let up. Five more shots and she collapsed breathing hard. Maybe I can do something now. "You give up?" I said, standing over her. "Cry...Help..stal...Tok...Me..yo...must...Please...su...ceed!" The gray blotches was starting to get stronger. I took out my guardian emerald and used what little energies it had to flare over her. "Foxtail Chaotic Emersion" It was a new attack but it needed a name. I watched as the energies washed over her and the gray blotches was forced out her body like smoke. She screamed in pain as it happened. Finally the gray was gone and on the floor next to her was a red rose. What the hell is that?

She was unconscious, but she was mumbling something. She was calling for some family member. I couldn't tell who. The rest was just whimpers. I look at my gun, nine more bazooka shots. I switched to machine gun mode. The barrel shrunk as did the gun, but the barrel divided into six different barrels. The barrels rotated as I heard a reloading sound. I hung it on my side and put away my crystal as she began waking up.

"Where am I?" I grin. "You're in the middle of the Treasure Contest of the Mobian Corp. What is the last thing you remember?"

Her face turned horrified. "The last thing I remember, is talking to Tuxedo Mask and than a flash of a rose, then nothing. I don't remember much of anything after that." I walked by and shot the rose several times. A floating ghost screamed as it rushed out the crashed flower and dissipated in the air. I always wondered why I hated flowers. This just justifies that. Saturn brought me back to her, "I remember flashes. I couldn't control my body. So horrible, so very horrible." She started to cry. Damn it I hate when girls cry. Shadow once told me it was his weakness. I consider it mine too. I swear this better not be a trap. So I made the decision, bent down and hugged her.

She cried onto my shoulder for several minutes making small hiccupping sounds that I found to be so cute. Get a hold of yourself Tails! There is no need to think with your hormones. That was when I saw her Chao land on her head. It looked so much like Shade. Saturn looked up and saw the Chao. "What is that...Is that my MechaChao?" I nodded. She stood up and took it to her arms and hugged it, sniffling a couple of times. "Thank you for freeing me" She said, still looking lost. Kit landed on my head, "Hey guys your little light show blew a hole open into the next area" We both chuckled nervously as a huge hole was blown into the room, showing a pathway that ends with rails. "Look Saturn how about you stick with me for the rest of the race."

She smiled. "You mean it, you won't leave me alone here?" I did a Shadow trademark lady killer smile. "Of course. What kind of man would I be" My ego was unprepared for when Saturn giggled. "Did you mean to make that goofy expression on purpose?" She asked. Okay so my lady killer smile needs work. I turned to hide my burning cheeks. "Yeah come on" I grabbed her gloved hand and continued on, trying to ignore the fact I just made a fool of myself on international television." When we got to the rails. She suddenly looked nervous. "I've been practicing, but I don't know how to go on the rails." I smile. "No problem" I pulled a metal board similar to Ryouga's out and set it on the rail. "Just hang on" She wrapped her arms around me and I pushed off down the rails. Saturn screamed at first in fear, but soon it changed to excitement. I could get used to this.

Read and Review