Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Side Story1: (Love Hina) I cry because I want to die. TEARS ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth: Another Time, Another Place, Another Story

A/N: This is the side story to Shadow's Rebirth. It deals with Kasumi coming to Hinata, but several characters from the main fic will make an appurtenance. The pairing is Kasumi/Keitaro. If you want the back story, read the main fic to find out what lead Kasumi to Hinata-Sou. The point I'm diverging is when Keitaro failed the test for the third time. This'll be a short break before I go back to the main story, Than I'll continue the main story before going back to do another side story. Enjoy! Note: This takes place between the Grind Race and the Treasure Contest. Note this is somewhat bashing to Naru and expect Keitaro to be slightly OCC.

Side Story1: (Love Hina) I cry because I want to die. TEARS

"I failed again" Were the depressed words of Keitaro Urashima. 'It's not fair' He thought as he walked down the street feeling several hundred years older. 'I was doing fine until Naru told me she wasn't my promise girl' He sighed. 'No it's my fault, that stupid belief in a promise girl. I wasted so much time day dreaming, she may not even remember me...or worse, she may already have someone.' It began to rain. Keitaro looked up into the sky. "Ha ha, you must really hate me" He said bitterly as he continued walking through the harsh rain.

'What do I have? No one at the inn really wants me there. They all tell me in their own special ways, except Su and Shinobu. Su is just different and I know she doesn't mean any harm, but it's Shinobu I'm worried about. I know she has a crush on me. I can see it in her eyes. I can't crush her like that. She's too fragile right now. Other than them, everyone else in that inn treats me like crap...even my Aunt' He began crying, but the rain hid his tears. Keitaro found himself looking over a bridge. "It'll be so easy" He said to himself. "To just jump off. No one would really miss me. Hell, I think the girls would celebrate the death of the perverted idiot. No more Keitaro to darken their days." He burying his head into his arms and began weeping again.

Moments later the rain stopped failing on his head. Surprised he looked up to see an umbrella being held over his head. There was a slender arm attached the handle. Keitaro lingered on the smooth skin before tracing it up to the owner and he gasped. She was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. Curves in all the right places, and wearing a smile the likes that could make Helen of Troy seem plain. "I know a guy who used to hang around bridges whenever he was upset and I couldn't let someone soak in the rain looking like death warmed over" She got closer. "So what's wrong?"

He sighed looking back down at the river in order not to start acting stupid at the site of the beauty next to him. "I just failed the entrance exams for Tokyo U, again and now I realize that I'm worthless." He felt her free hand on his shoulder "Oh come on, it can't be that bad. So what you failed, if it means so much just take it again." Keitaro got a little upset at this stranger saying his troubles aren't that bad and began telling her about his horrible time ever since he got to Hinata-Sou expecting her to take it back. She did listen with a sympatic ear, but she didn't take back his words. "Like I said your troubles aren't that bad. Let me tell you a couple of stories about a young friend of mine whose had a life a thousand times worse but still keeps going."

Keitaro was unprepared for the horrors she told him. About am abusive father who either tortured his son, or sold him to feed his gut. About how he was trapped in a ring of arrange marriages that would have guaranteed him to be trapped into a loveless marriage or worse. About people who attacked him at all times in the day and worse, a curse that made him question his very gender identity. Keitaro had lost his lunch several times. "Oh god" She nodded sadly. "Exactly, but he improved his life. So you should have hope." She than grinned. "Besides. I'm going to be studying for Tokyo U too, you could help me study. I'm sure you know all about the test."

Keitaro chuckled. "You wouldn't want me to help you, I'll just bring you down" She shook her head causing several stray drops of rain to fall from her hair. "Nope, I feel that your a good person." Keitaro smiled, no longer feeling his life was that bad, it could have been worse, much worse. "I guess you're right. I'll help you, what else could happ-" She put her hand over his mouth. "Trust me, please don't finish that sentence." He nodded, oddly feeling that he just dodged a bullet. "Thanks I guess." He suddenly blushed. "I just realized, I never introduced myself, I'm so embarrassed" He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

The girl saw this and grinned even more widely. "Then by all means, I would like the name of my study partner." Keitaro bowed. "Keitaro Urashima at your service." The girl returned the bow. "Kasumi Tendo, now how about we get out this rain." He nodded and began walking only to trip and his hands landed on Kasumi's chest. He instantly took them back and began shuttering apologies. Kasumi blinked. "You're a lot like my friend. I can see it was an accident, but please be careful in the future, Keitaro-kun"

She giggled at his dumbfounded expression. "Not that I'm complaining, but aren't you going to hit me?" She shook her head. "It was an accident. Why would I hit my new friend?" He blinked, "But everyone hits me" She sighed. "Okay, if it'll make you feel better." Her fist sprung out and Keitaro braced himself for the pain. Only her fist stopped inches from his head and flicked him on the head. "Now behave"

Keitaro gaped and Kasumi giggled. "Now come on." They began walking, Keitaro at the edge of the umbrella, but still getting wet. Kasumi saw this and pulled his arm until he was all the way inside, but now their sides were touching. "Can't let my new study buddy get sick"

Soon they were in a beef bowl restaurant, ordering some food. "I've always love to eat here" Kasumi said as she shook out her umbrella, had she looked up, she would have seen hearts in Keitaro's eyes.

"So Kasumi where are you staying?" She smiled. "I was in Nerima, staying with the person I was talking about and his mother, but since I'm going to be taking the test, I wanted to find a closer place to live, but I had no luck finding a place." Keitaro grinned. "Kasumi, you can stay at the dorm I run." Her eyes widened. "You run a dorm, what luck! How much a month?" He told her and her face fell a bit. "Darn, that is a little much for my budget-" She was interrupted by a phone buzzing. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a cell-phone.

"Hello, Kasumi here, who is this?" She said into the phone. "Hey Kasumi, How are you doing?" Came a familar voice from the phone. "Oh hello Auntie Nodoka. I'm good, I found a place to stay while preparing for the test, but it's a little much for my budget." She sighed into the phone. "Oh that's no problem dear. I will be happy to help you out. You get me the address and I'll get Ranma to go up there to drop off some money and clothes for you"Kasumi smiled and looked at Keitaro. "Would it be okay, If I'll pay later on" Keitaro nodded. "I trust that you will have the monthly rent." She smiled, causing Keitaro's heart to skip a beat. "Thank you Aunty, I'll be down there to visit soon. Tell Ranma hello for me" Keitaro gaped, recognizing the name.

Kasumi hung up the cell phone to see Keitaro's jaw on the ground. "What?" He was wide eyed. "Um, was the Ranma you know Ranma Saotome?" She nodded. "Yes, why?" He was shocked. "You know Ranma Saotome?? Winner of the Grind Race, head of Mobian Corp. Ranma Saotome??" She nodded. "Yes, so what? Me and him are close friends, if it wasn't for him and his mother, I wouldn't be able to try out for Tokyo U. I'm like his older sister. I really didn't think that he would be that famous"

Keitaro simply pointed. Kasumi looked around to see all the people that overheard, suddenly pull out posters of the contestants for the Grind Race and ask for her to get them autographs. Keitaro seeing Kasumi getting nervous paid the bill before grabbing her hand and backpack before running out the restaurant. "Thank you Keitaro." Kasumi said. It had stopped running, only several puddles were on the ground and because of them, rainbows could be seen.

"You're welcome. I was just shocked about that." Kasumi shrugged. "Lets get going, I want to see this inn of yours. I only have one question. It is vital that you truthfully answer this question. " He stopped, suddenly nervous "Yes?" She put on a serious face. "Do you have a hot spring?" He face faulted. "You'll get along just fine. Yes we do" Kasumi smiled. "Then lets get going" The two began walking, not realizing that they were still holding hands.

"Its, wow...is this the inn?" Kasumi said wide-eyed. Keitaro nodded. "I'll like to welcome you to the Hinata-Sou." At one point during the walk, Kasumi had looped her arm around his and the two were walking side to side, both enjoying themselves. "It's big" He nodded. "Come on, Kasumi I'll get you ready into your room." When they were done walking up the stairs, they found that they had a reception. "Keitaro! We heard you failed the test, are you going to run away now?" Kitsune asked.

Keitaro detached himself from Kasumi, and looked around. "Where is Naru?" He asked. Shinobu came up frowning. "She also failed the test, and she's been in her room acting in a fit. I don't think you should talk to her, Sempai" He shook his head. "No I should, we need to talk about some things." He turned to the other tenants. "Guys, This is Kasumi Tendo, she'll be staying here too. Please make her feel welcome while I go talk to Naru." With that he left.

Su was the first one to greet Kasumi, with a powerful glomp she ecstatically began to speak. "Heya lady! Da name's Su" Kasumi detached the hyper girl from her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Su." Shinobu was next. "Hello, I am Shinobu, it'll be nice to talk with a new friend." Kitsune grinned and patted her back. "It's Mitsune, but everyone calls me Kitsune. I'm just glad it's someone older." Motoko came up gracefully. "I am Motoko, Heir to the God's Cry School of Kendo. I know of the Tendo name, from the Tendo School of Anything Goes. It isn't as famous as the Saotome School." Kasumi nodded sadly. "My father hasn't been teaching for a long time. Luckily the school won't die out because the heir to the Saotome School had unknowingly added the Tendo School to the Saotome school on his own.

Motoko's eye's widen. "It is impressive, even if he is a male." Kasumi's smile fell a bit. "If I were you, I'll get rid of the men are useless attitude, I may sound harsh, but it isn't right. The Saotome heir is known to be one of the best fighters in Japan, most likely the world and that attitude would just make people mad " Motoko shrugged. "Maybe, but I haven't met a male that can defeat me." Their conversation was interrupted by Keitaro getting tossed out the window and fell to the ground in a heap. Kasumi walked over to him. "Are you okay?" Keitaro got up and on further inspection, he didn't even get a scratch. "I'm fine Kasumi, but I wish that had gone better" She wiped the dust off of his back. "So what happened?"

Earilier: Inside the Inn.

Keitaro was suddenly nervous as he went into the inn, their were a lot of fist imprints on the wall. When he had looked into his room, he found a lot of his things thrown around and pictures of himself ripped into pieces. Luckily his photo sticker album and sketchbooks have been left untouched. Steeling his will, Keitaro went out his room and up the stairs. He found that he needed to do several repairs as their were craters in the walls and on the wooden floor. Soon he got to Naru's room. He knocked on the door. "Naru?"

He got silence, so he knocked again and again he got no response. "Naru, I'm coming in." He opened the door and walked into the dark room. "Naru?" He really couldn't see in the darkness. "It's your fault" Came from the corner. He stopped, his eyes had adjusted to the dark enough to see a body on the bed staring at him. "What" She began growling. "It was your fault that I failed. If I've never wasted my time with you, I would have pass, but nooooo, I had to carry the big stupid baby who couldn't answer a single question."

Keitaro backed up a little hurt. "Now come on Naru, that isn't fair." She growled again. "It isn't fair, the baby says. You know, I should have never stuck up for you that first day." He flinched as if smacked. "We should have kicked your ass out on the street, it doesn't matter that you're related to Haruka-san or Grandma Hina. In fact I think you are nothing but a big stain on the Urashima family, you pathitic waste of flesh."

Now Keitaro was emotionally hurt, but now his temper was starting to flare. "I though we were friends. I thought we had something special and now you tell me this. I think that if you didn't want to tutor me, you wouldn't have helped me." The figure on the bed stood up and began approaching Keitaro. "Friends, HA!!! You are nothing but a perverted stupid ronin." She paused and Keitaro could see her glare. "Oh I get it, you thought I was your promise girl, what a fool. As if I would ever go out with a ronin like you. Here's some reality, your promise girl forgot about you!!! You are such a loser for following a dream for fifteen years, for what! SOME STUPID PROMISE!!!!"

She stomped closer. "I hate you Keitaro. Get out" That was it, Keitaro lost his temper. "You think you're so all that, eh Naru? You are the most popular, you got the top of the list for highest scores. You spent day and night studying, you wore those dorky clothes and the coke-bottle glasses. You berated, tortured and belittled me just because I failed the test already and after all that what did it get you? Nothing. You failed just like I did and that doesn't make you any better Naru. You are ronin, just like me, in fact I bet you'll fail next year."

She stepped back as if she was slapped. "But-but I thought you had feelings for me." Keitaro frowned. "Whatever romantic feeling I have ever felt has just died out with your decoration of hate. I wouldn't be with you even if you were my promise girl. In fact, I'm giving up on that. I'm going to get into Tokyo U next year not because of some promise, but because I want to get in now" He turned and prepared to walk out the room when he heard a scream of rage and felt the sensation of weightlessness when he was tossed out the room through the window.

"And that is what happened" Keitaro said getting the last bit of glass of the ground so no one would get hurt. The other tenants where dumbstruck at the fact Keitaro said all that to Naru. "Urashima! How dare you insult Naru like that" She pulled out her blade and charged. Keitaro cringed at the incoming pain when he heard a loud clang. He opened an eye to see Motoko's blade blocked by the end of a massive war hammer. "It isn't nice to pick on those who won't defend themselves. Keitaro was perfectly justified in saying all that, even though he could have put it a bit nicer." Kasumi lectured, easily holding her massive weapon. "Now I suggest you put away your blade before I am forced to further 'lecture'

Looking like a spanked child, Motoko put away her blade, her face flushed with embarrassment as the new guest made her feel like all those times her sister has scolded her. Kasumi's hammer, to the surprise of everyone disappeared in thin air. "Everyone good?" They nodded and she clapped her hands. "Great, now Keitaro please show me my room. I want to try out the hot spring." And everyone face faulted. That was how Kasumi came to the Hinata Sou. It was subtle, but things began to change around the inn, especially with Keitaro...

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

"Keitaro, go clean the hot springs!!" Naru yelled at him as he read in his room. He rolled his eyes. All Naru has been doing lately was yelling at him, but for some reason it no longer mattered, so he didn't react. All that did was upset the girl more. "Yes master, may this lowly slave do anything else for your lazy ass?" he muttered under his breath. Naru had heard him but didn't react. What he didn't know was that Kasumi was bathing in the hot spring and with him peeping on her, she'll finally she the pervert for what he really is.

Naru and Kasumi didn't get along that well. She wasn't mean to her to say, Kasumi was nice to everyone, just that when Naru would put down Keitaro, Kasumi would become less nice. It was subtle but it filled Naru with a large amount of shame. "After I save Kasumi from Keitaro, she'll have no choice but to hate the pervert." She said to herself as she snuck out to the man's bath where she could see all the events play out.

Keitaro had calmed down his newly formed temper by the time he was in front to the entrance of the hot spring. Whistling a tune, he opened the door and his nose promptly erupted with blood. Kasumi was relaxing in the hot spring with a towel wrapped around her casually drinking a cup of sake, not the major amounts Kitsune usually drinks, but just a bit to help her relax more. Kasumi heard a thud and looked up to see Keitaro with his cleaning equipment and a massive nosebleed. "Oh hello Keitaro, I didn't know you had to clean the hot spring."

Keitaro nodded, stunned that a female wasn't inflicting massive damages on his body. He was terrified of Kasumi's weapon, even if she had never used it on him. "Ka-Ka-Ka-Kasumi! What are you doing here?" She giggled. "Why relaxing of course silly? I told everyone I was going to be in here, but you were napping" She put a finger to her mouth in a way that Keitaro found absolutely cute, then he absorbed all that she said and frowned. "Naru just demanded that I clean this area."

Her smile dimmed, but quickly went back to normal. "Oh my." She grinned. "This place is already very clean, why don't you join me?" Keitaro sworn her expression changed from innocent to something that got his blood boiling, before it was back again. "A-A-Are you sure?" Kasumi rose out the pool still covered in her tool, before throwing it off. Keitaro covered his eyes with his hands, but his body betrayed him as his fingers were spread, allowing him to see Kasumi. He face faulted when he saw the one piece swimsuit, he couldn't figure out why he feels a bit disappointment. "Come on Keitaro, get some trunks and join me, you need to relax more after doing all the work you do,"

He shrugged. "I don't know-" He trailed off when Kasumi invoked her forbidden attack, the puppy dog eyes of doom. He didn't stand a chance. Next thing he knew he was in a pair of trunks taking a sipe of sake. He remember hearing at one point someone falling off the balcony of the men's bathroom, but ignored it as he was lost in the stories Kasumi was telling him about life in her hometown of Nerima.

Naru growled after spitting the dust out her mouth. She couldn't believe it!! Kasumi didn't even care he came in on her. She began cursing Keitaro's name, she was about to curse Kasumi when Lightning struck the ground next to her. She wisely shut up at the omen presented to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Kitsune was feeling a bit mischievous at dinner time. She saw how Keitaro was warming up to the new tenate while becoming colder towards her best friend so she decided to help break them up. All it take is to stick her foot out at the right time... which was about to come up. Keitaro was walking into the room, while Kasumi came in with Shinobu carrying a chief's treasure of food. It was hard to believe but Kasumi made better food then Shinobu. That caused the shy young girl to look up to Kasumi as her new sempei, turning her attentions away from Naru, hurting her best friend again.

Kasumi had just put down the food and Kitsune took her chance and tripped Keitaro, into what will occur to be another perverted incident that would get the manger of Hinata-Sou another beating. Keitaro fell, his arms wind milling in the air in a futile effort to keep himself from falling. It was pointless as he headed straight for Kasumi. Then the amazing happened. Kasumi's form blurred in motion and next thing they knew she was supporting Keitaro. He laughed. "Oh thanks Kasumi, I was really afraid I was going to fall on you" She waved it off. "No problem. I'm just glad all those martial arts lessons with Ranma have been paying off."

The two sat down and began eating to everyone's amazement. Keitaro didn't end up in a perverted incident. Many of them had the urge to run off proclaiming the end of the world. "This food is great 'Sumi-chan, you'll make someone a great wife one day" Kasumi smiled, slightly blushing. The urge got worse as Keitaro began to playfully flirt with Kasumi as she soaked it all up.

Kitsune didn't get away with her attempted prank either. Somehow a substance got into her food that made her highly allergic to alcohol of all types for several weeks. She almost went insane from withdraw. She suspected Kasumi and was now very scared of her innocent smile. She couldn't accuse Kasumi because it felt to be a sin to accuse her of doing something wrong. What was worst is that she seems to be on Keitaro's side, and that made her fill dirty sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

Keitaro was carrying the now clean laundry that he had to deliver to the Tenants. Next to him Kasumi was helping out as Keitaro told her of his childhood. "I would like to meet your sister, she sounds like a great person." Keitaro nodded. "She's a master of disguise. Let me tell you that made hide and seek a very intense game. It kind of sucked when she could be anyone around me, but I learned how to see through disguises because of her, even make some minor ones."

Kasumi nodded. "Back in Nerima, there was this one person who would desguise himself as objects. It was really annoying sometimes, especially when I would go to vending machines. I was always scared that I would shove money into his mouth. He was strange though, dressing like a girl because he was after a girl who dressed like a boy." Keitaro chuckled and than bumped into someone he couldn't see due to the large amounts of clothes he was holding. He fell to the ground and the clothes were scattered. "Sorry!" He looked up to see the enraged face of Motoko.

"Fowl MALE! How dare you mess with our undergarments. You will pay!" She took out her blade and slashed forwards, with her blade glowing crismon. At the last moment her blade was blocked by a massive war hammer, "Keitaro just had an accident because he bumped into you. Remember you all forced him to do these chores so don't hurt him because of what you made him do." Kasumi said moving her wrist and sending Motoko's blade out of hands and out the nearby window. Motoko's eyes widened as she rushed to get her blade.

Kasumi bent down and began helping Keitaro refold the split clothes. "Thank you Kasumi" Keitaro said before going red. He was holding something he knew didn't belong to the other tenants. "Oh that's mine hand it over please?" Keitaro nodded and handed over the lacy undergarment, his imagination going into hyperdrive. He and Kasumi finished folding fast. They paused and looked at each other, before going slightly red and chuckling. "Shall we go?" She said. He nodded and the two continued going on their way.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

"We call this meeting to plan operation, Get Rid of Nice girl" Naru said. The tenants where in the attic again. Keitaro had gone out to Kasumi to the movies, as friends, they both said. "She's ruining all our fun ever since she's come several weeks ago" Kitsune said, still recovering from the lack of alcohol in her system. She can have it because the drug has worn off, but the mental damage has been done. "And I'm pretty sure that she was the one to drug me. Besides look what she is doing to Keitaro. He's standing up for himself more, even worse he made me pay rent!!"

Motoko nodded also. "She is always coming to the defense of Urashima for his many perverted attempts. I will not stand for him not to get his punishment. She has to go" The two younger tenants stared at them. Shinobu was frowning at them while Su was no longer smiling, she wasn't frowning, but rather her face was neutral. Shinobu got up. "I will take no part in this. Kasumi-Sempei is a great person. I wish that when I grow up I'll be more like her." She than began to leave. "I agree with Shinobu. Kasumi is fun to play with. She even convinced Keitaro to play with me more." She turned to Shinobu. "Lets go play, Shinobu, they are no fun."

Once the two girls where gone, Kitsune shrugged. "Doesn't matter, I've already raided Su's room and took some of her bombs. All we have to do is scare her into leaving, we don't even have to do any damage." Naru and Motoko nodded. "Good, then we can show Urashima his place as a lowly male." Naru smirked. "I'll show her not to mess with me." Little did the three know, their actions will have several consequences.

"That was a good movie, 'Sumi-chan." Keitaro said as the two walked back into Hinata-sou. Kasumi nodded. "I had a good time, Keitaro, lets get some tea and sake and talk some more." The two ended up in the living room. "So Keitaro what do you want to major in?" He shrugged. "I don't know. I love to draw, but I don't know what to do with it. How about you?" Kasumi smiled. "I want to be a doctor. I'm going to be the best one in the world, all I have to do is pick a field. " Her eyes then widened. "Let me see your sketchbook. I want to see how good you are!"

Keitaro nodded, slightly buzzed but he got up and quickly came back with a sketch book. Kasumi took it and began to look through it. "You're very good." She said as she looked through sketches of the other tenants of Hinata-Sou. Then she got to drawings of herself. The first one of her holding and umbrella in the rain. Another one with her at the beef bowl smiling widely as she eat from one, but it was the latest one that really amazed her. It was of the last time she and him were in the hot spring hanging around. It showed her with a blush that came from the sake with her head pointed towards the sky, but her eyes were pointed towards the looker. It was even done in color, every detail captured.

"This is very beautiful, Keitaro." She was surprised when he shook his head and took another sip of sake. "My artwork can never capture your beauty. All a person has to do is see you in person to see my art fails in comparison." At that Kasumi went beet red. "That was the sweetest thing I ever heard." The girls hiding in the rafters in the ceiling agreed too, but that wouldn't stop them. Keitaro got a spark in his eye and he began to lean forward towards Kasumi.

He took her chin into his hand and tilted her head up towards his. Keitaro began to lean down. What was about to happen was lost when bombs came down from the ceiling. Kasumi's eyes widen as she snatched his sketchbook and dove for the ground. Keitaro took to the ground too, as the bombs landed around them. "What's going on?" Keitaro yelled. Kasumi shook her head and was about to say something when she screamed in pain. One of the bombs had landed near her back before exploding. Keitaro's eyes widened "Kasumi!!!"

Taking no heed of the danger of the bombs dropping he run forward and covered her body with his, taking the damage of all the bombs that went off near her. He glanced up at one point to see the faces that he recognized. His expression went blank as he took the hits from the attack. When it was finally over he look down to the slightly pained face of Kasumi. "Are you okay" She shook her head holding back tears. "My back was burned."

Keitaro nodded and lifted her as he stood. "I'll take you back to your room." She winced and held up his sketchbook. "I couldn't let this be destroyed." He smiled. "Next time, take care of yourself." She nodded as he carried her out the room. He paused to give those hiding in the rafters the coldest glare he could muster. Motoko, Naru and Kitsune all had a feeling of impending doom.

In Kasumi's room, Keitaro was blushing, but he was following her directions to treat her burn on her back. Her shirt was lifted and he had to apply balm to her tender skin. He tried to ignore her soft flesh under his skin. "Thank you Keitaro" She said before dozing off. He nodded and sat down at the side of her bed. "I don't know how, but those three are going to pay for their actions" As if fate was helping him Kasumi's cell phone rang.

Kasumi had given Keitaro permission to use her phone when she isn't so he picked up the phone. "Hello?" On the other side a male's voice spoke. "Oh hey, Is Kasumi there? Tell her this is Ranma" Keitaro gasped. He was talking to the Ranma Saotome! He calmed down. "This is Keitaro, the manger of inn Kasumi is at." Ranma chuckled. "Ah, Nice to meet you. Thanks for taking Kasumi in." He waved his hand, before realizing Ranma wouldn't see it. "It was no problem. Kasumi has made things a whole lot better since she's come" He took a glance to Kasumi and his smile widened.

"Cool, can I speak to Kasumi?" Keitaro frowned. "Kasumi is sleeping right now, she's been burn" He could swear the phone went cold. "In the kitchen right?" Ranma said, his voice tight. "I hate to say this but there was an incident involving the other tenates." The phone went colder, Keitaro couldn't figure out how it was happening. "Are you telling me, someone attacked Kasumi?" Ranma asked. "Yes, I think they were tossing bombs at me or to scare her away, but she got hurt."

There was a pause on the phone. "Tossing bombs...are these tenants still there?" Ranma asked, his voice went from cold to calm. "Yes. I was going to lecture them tomorrow, but-" Ranma interrupted him "Keitaro? Listen I was calling to tell Kasumi that I booked her ticket for her trip to Kyoto, but now I going to buy another ticket and want you to escort her as she heals." Keitaro grinned, a trip with Kasumi..."But what about the inn. I am the care taker" Ranma had a solution to that to. "I think I'll come over and take care of the inn for you while you're gone and while I'm at it, I'll think I'll talk to them about how to treat my friends."

Keitaro felt that the girls were about to get screwed and felt some minor worry, until he saw Kasumi wince in her sleep. That drove out all doubts and put a smile on his face. It wasn't a nice smile, it was nowhere near nice. "Just don't destroy the inn." Ranma chuckled. It too wasn't nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------

All the tenants were wondering why Keitaro had called them there. Su was slightly upset that the older girls had broken into her room and stole some of her high powered explosions. It wasn't the fact that they stole them that upset her, no she could always make more. It was the fact that they hurt someone with her inventions. They didn't realize it, but the three elder girls just lost a lot of trust and respect from the young genius.

Shinbu hasn't stopped frowning ever since Kasumi was injured. She really looked up to the older girl like an elder sister in the short time Kasumi has come to the inn. She may have strong feelings for Keitaro, but she can see...no feel something special between Kasumi and Keitaro. Her thoughts were interrupted when Keitaro came in with Kasumi at his side. He helped her sat down before turning to address everyone.

"As you know, we had an incident a couple days ago with some of Su's bombs" Su lowered her head slightly, but Keitaro saw this. He put his hand on her head. "Don't worry Su, me and Kasumi don't blame you for this. You're not in trouble" Su looked up and smiled widely. "As you know, Kasumi was hurt." He glared at Naru, Kitsune and Motoko. "There's been a lot of tension lately. With me and Naru failing the test and you all adjusting to a new person, so when a friend of Kasumi offered me to take Kasumi on a vacation to heal. I decided to take them up on it." He held his hand out to stop the expected outburst. "Now, I have someone to take over my duties for a while. Me and Kasumi are going to leave in a while and the person who is going to take over is coming in a couple of hours. Later"

With that Keitaro and Kasumi got up and began to walk out after saying goodbye to Su and Shinobu. Kasumi paused at the door. "Oh and if I were you, I wouldn't try to mess with him. Things tend to blow up around him when he's angry" With that the two were gone. Kitsune frowned. "Who do they know thats rich enough to give them an all expense paid vacation?" Motoko shivered for a moment. "I got the chills." Naru growled. "Why is he taking 'her'? I'm the one who failed. I should get the vacation." Shinbu rolled her eyes and left the room to prepare lunch

At that point Su's smile disappeared and her happy-go lucky expression was gone. She glared at all three girls and pulled out a massive bazooka. She even looked several years older "Lets get something straight. Never steal my inventions with the intentions of causing harm to others again. Do I make myself clear?" All three were sweating, even Motoko. This side of Su scared them. She pulled the safety off. "Do I make myself clear? I won't repeat myself. This is your only warning." The three nodded; the bazooka disappeared and Su was back to normal. "Good, now I'm going to play!" She left the room missing the face faults of the three girls.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Kasumi and Keitaro have been gone several hours already and everyone was waiting for when the manager would come. It was already dark and everyone has eaten dinner already. They were all waiting in the living room for the guest to come. "I think this manger is a no show" Kitsune said. Any comments were interrupted by three large knocks that shook the whole inn. Motoko paled. "Such energy. How can someone possess that much power!" Shinobu ignored this. "I'll get it."

She walked to the man door and opened it to see in her opinion the most handsome man in the world. (Besides Keitaro of course) He was a tall muscular figure with slightly tanned skin and a pigtail that only added to his looks. He wore a red vest, black pants and a long sleeve black shirt. He had the bluest eyes and on his head was the cutest creature she's seen. Next to him with his arm around her waist was a female with bubblegum pink hair. She was wearing a white skirt and a pink sweater.

"Hello, I'm Ranma Saotome. I talked to Keitaro and I'm going to take over while he takes care of my good friend Kasumi" Shinobu considered fainting. She never imagined meeting the famous Ranma Saotome. The girl waved her hand in front of the frozen Shinobu's face. "Is it me or do you have this effect on most females you meet?" He shrugged. "I guess. Makes a whole lot of problems Amy"

Amy snapped her fingers and Shinobu unfroze. "I'm being rude, please come in!" They smiled and came in the hotel. The room went silent as they entered...no actually the only sound heard was Motoko dropping her sword. "You-You-You're Ranma Saotome!" Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fell to the ground as if she lacked any bones. Ranma rubbed the back of his head with one hand and grinned. "I'm Ranma Saotome, Sorry 'bout this"

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

The tenants were frozen in shock. How could Keitaro have connections to Ranma Saotome. Kitsune was already forming plans to seduce him and get her hands on his vast fortune. Motoko was going to challenge him, once her knees stopped shaking and she can hold her sword without dropping it. Shinobu was the one to ask. "How do you know Keitaro and who is this?" Ranma grinned and pointed to Amy. "This is Amy, my girlfriend. As for how I know Keitaro, I never met the guy, only talked to him. Who I do know is Kasumi."

His face went dark all of a sudden, but his voice remained light. "Was I surprised to find out that my dear friend Kasumi was injured because someone tossed some bombs at her." The three older girls suddenly felt that someone had walked on their graves. Ranma's voice stayed cheerful but his expression became even darker. "I was wondering who would be stupid enough to hurt Kasumi" Sasami and Su both pointed at the three girls who were now very scared. Ranma approached them slowly and shook their hands very cheerfully. "We are going to have such fun, together" That only scared them much more.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

Keitaro and Kasumi a week later was on a beach soaking up the sun. "That was quite some ride." Keitaro said taking a sip from his glass of lemonade. It even had a little umbrella in it. Kasumi lifted her sunglasses and rose slightly off the beach chair from where she was sunning herself. "I still don't know who a turtle could crash a whole cruise boat like that." Said turtle lifted it's own pair of sunglasses, shrugged and went back to drinking from his own glass of lemonade. "Miyu" Keitaro chuckled. "To be fair, they did try to eat him. I'm going to keep him. I'll call him Tama!"

Kasumi laughed again. "What about that anemic girl? She still hasn't woken up yet" She said pointing to another beach chair where the girl she mentioned was sleeping, occasionally murmuring something about watermelons. "I know her. I met her on the day of the exam. I think her name is Mitsume." He looked around. "I was wonder do you know where we are?" Kasumi looked around. "I think I saw a sign that said Okinawa. Just relax, this is a nice beach" She stretched in her bikini and drew Keitaro's eyes to her figure. He flushed beat red and turned his head away...right into the chest of the now awake Mitsume. "Ara Ara, where am I?"

Keitaro fainted in a shower of blood his hands grasping the air as to grab something. Kasumi giggled at this scene, but got up to the other girl. "Are you okay?" She asked the girl. Mitsume smiled. "Oh I'm okay, I just get a little weak sometime. Whose the cute guy? Your boyfriend?" Kasumi blushed and didn't answer. "I hope so someday." She snapped her fingers in disappointment. "He was cute too, oh well. There is always more fish in the sea" A giant fish suddenly jumped onto the sand and died. "Ara Ara, bad omen." She turned to Kasumi. "Lets cook it" Kasumi sweat dropped."

"So Mitsume, what were you doing on the cruise ship?" Keitaro said after he woke up. The three of them were sitting in front of a fire eating cooked fish. "I failed the exam for Tokyo U again for the third time and decided to go home for a break" Keitaro gasped. "Just like me! What happened?" Mitsume shrugged. "I passed out before I could enter the door, so I had to go to the hospital and I missed the test." She looked around. "This place seems familiar." She shrugged again and went back to eating. "We should form a study group for next years exams." Kasumi said

Mitsume clapped her hands together. "That is a great ideal. The three ronins shall go to Tokyo U and fulfill their dreams." Kasumi smiled. "What do you want to major in" Mitsume paused. "I don't know. I wanted to be a lawyer at first, but everyone says I'm too nice. I'll just have to find something to do." Keitaro nodded. "I'm in the same boat." He turned to Kasumi and grinned. "At least you know what you want to do Kasumi" Kasumi shook her head. "I said I want to be a doctor, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. If I find something I love, I'll pursue it." She picked up her own drink. "For now, lets just relax until we get rescued." The other two plus a turtle raised their glasses in agreement. "Amen to that"

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

The week with Ranma and Amy were 'interesting' to say at most. The entire week. Naru, Motoko and Kitsune were tortured in subtle ways. Whether it was itching powder in the underwear to vast amounts of hot sauce in their food. Su loved it of course, she claimed it was too mild. The first time Kitsune snuck into Ranma's room to try and seduce him she met with a very amused dragon. She scream, wet herself and fainted. Even now she was still convincing herself it was a combination of her being drunk and sleepwalking.

Ranma and his pet, Shade were horribly amused and kept on mentioning the subject of dragons around her. Amy had glared at her. Amy quite frankly scared the older girls. They still had no idea where she was pulling those hammers from, nor could they imagine her hitting a hundred times harder than Naru. Naru found out the hard way when she accused Ranma of being a pervert and was on the receiving end of an Amy Special. It took a call to a firemen station to get her out the tree she ended up in.

Motoko ran away from Amy every time she saw her, she would never forget what happened. She had started bashing males like she usually does when Ranma got up to go to bed claiming slight fatigue after slipping something into Amy's hand. Amy took a glance at it and gave the most evilest smile. Motoko didn't pay it no heed until she took a bath in the hot springs by herself. She got in a felt a tingle over her whole body. She ignored it and relaxed in the pool until she heard Naru's scream of pervert. She jumped up with her sword out only to see Naru screaming at her than charging. She was too dumbfounded to block and ended up getting launched into the air.

She landed in the girl side of a bathing house. She was confused at all the screams she got and the number of people that tried to attack her, successfully. For some reason their rage attacks got past her guard. As she was running out she realized she was naked and took a dress from the changing room, promising to return it later. Dressed she walked outside and was suddenly getting looks of utter disgust from passing people.

She past a mirror on the way back. "That's funny, there is a guy wearing a dress in that window. He looks familar" She said too herself, suddenly noticing how deep her voice got. "Oh no!" She said. She rose a hand to her cheek and show how the boy did the same. "Oh my god" She was still staring when the police came. Several fights later and a dodged stun gun later, she finally got back to Hinata-Sou.

She ran to the first person she saw and put her, now his hands on her shoulders. "Shinobu!! You have to help me!!" Shinobu's eyes widened as her face paled and she let out the most horrified scream heard. Her scream drew everyone inside out. Naru pointed. "That's the pervert who broke into the hot spring. He's even worst than Keitaro!!" Motoko suddenly felt a dozen imaginary arrows hit her back. "He's got Shinobu!!!" Amy pointed out, not hiding the grin. Ranma cracked his knuckles. "I think I have to teach a pervert a lesson"

His form blurred and he suddenly had a relieved Shinobu next to him. He glared at Motoko, summoning his aura. "Now this is going to hurt a lot" And he attack. The girls watch at what was quickly becoming a very brutal beating. Actually brutal couldn't describe what they were watching in front of them. In fact in order to describe the beating that was happening, one would have to make up a new word. The fight was Kiolly. It was that bad. When Ranma was done, the male Motoko was a little more than a lump of flesh on the floor.

It wasn't revealed to be Motoko until Amy decided to wash the blood off the entrance with hot water. There was an apology from Naru and Shinobu for mistaking Motoko. When she turned to Ranma for an apology she found him oddly absent. It was as if he disappeared in thin air, but that was impossible. Ever since that incident Motoko has had nightmares of being male again and getting massive beaten while wearing gown by Ranma who was wearing grim reaper costume. Her screams got so bad, a drunk and annoyed Kitsune shoved a sock in her mouth.

Su and Shinobu loved the two older guest as they told the most interesting stories or Ranma helped Su with her inventions making them one hundred times more effective. In fact he somehow installed a fully equipped lab in Su's room. Su had began wearing a lab coat over her clothes and a pair of goggles on her head. She even developed an evil laugh thanks to her Prof. Saotome. Su's new experiments made the three older girls curse the day Ranma was born. Then they cursed Amy, and even though he was nowhere in sight, they cursed Keitaro. Kitsune, being too drunk to remember that omen about cursing Kasumi did so with the other two and was promptly struck by lightning.

"Does that happen a lot?" Amy asked. Ranma nodded, taking a sip of her tea. "Even inside?" Shinobu added. Ranma nodded. "No matter who, no matter where, no matter when. Who ever curses Kasumi's name tends to get struck by lightning." Several more bolts hit the charred girls a couple more times. "Multiple times. I think it's karma or something." The others nodded their heads in understandment while Shinobu took several pictures to remember the moment.

"That is it!!!" Motoko yelled "I want both of you to leave now!" Amy and Ranma were in the hotsprings relaxing. In fact Amy was halfway on Ranma's lap. She looked up, gave the finger and went back to making out with Ranma. Motoko drawn her blade. "Don't make me use physical force!" Ranma pulled a tape recorder out of nowhere and pressed play. Motoko was horrified to here her voice cursing Kasumi. Thunder boomed overhead and before any of them realized it, Motoko was hit by lightning again. She coughed out some smoke, calmly walked out the room and closed the door. Seconds later the sound of a body hitting the ground could be heard. Amy looked up from Ranma. "I didn't think that would work."

Ranma nodded too. "That was pretty funny. I'll make sure Kasumi gets this" Amy giggled. "You think she's going to have some fun with that?" Ranma nodded. "Now where were we?" Amy giggled. "Oh not there! You naughty boy!" Outside the hotspring. Motoko coughed out another cloud of smoke. "Ouch" Shinobu walked by and smiled. "Are you okay?" Motoko shook her head as Shinobu helped her up. "Thank you Shinobu" She then saw the tape recorder in her hand. "Su told me the funniest thing happened when I played this tape" The last thing Motoko saw before lightning hit was an evil smile on sweet Shinobu's face.

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------

Keitaro yawned as he made the final steps of Hinata Sou. "That was some vacation" Kasumi smiled. "Who would have thought that beach was on the backyard of Mitsume's home?" Keitaro shrugged. "Funny I was thinking of something else" Kasumi turned beet red. "How was I suppose to know she was going to kiss me that good" Keitaro chuckled. "I remember you swooning 'Sumi-chan. Oh woe is me, to loss my interest to the opposite gender" He said play flirting. Kasumi giggled and took his hand. "Oh no fair knight, I will always make sure you're included. Why do you think I asked Mitsume to kiss you too"

Keitaro was now red too. "I wasn't expecting that. I almost fell into the water. Good thing she allowed me to keep Tama after it turned out she belonged to Mitsume" Kasumi nodded and patted the turtle currently on Keitaro's head. "Who would have know Mitsume's family breeds intelligent hot spring turtles." Tama raised a flipper. "Miyu!" Kasumi giggled. "Such a cute turtle."

They got to the entrance. "I wonder how Ranma and Amy took care of the inn. It does look brand new" Kasumi said. Keitaro nodded. "I need to thank them for all the repairs. The inn looks amazing" They walked inside to see all the tenants waiting for their arrival. Su had jumped onto him, somehow twisting in midair so she settle on his back while Shinobu bowed. The older girls looked like they seen hell. "I'm back guys. What a wonderful vacation!" Keitaro said stretching. He ignored the growls from the older girls as he looked around. "Where is Ranma?" He asked Shinobu. "He and his girlfriend left several hours ago as they had business to take care off back home. He did say the hotel was very nice and he'll visit again in the future. He even had a talk with the older girls about how they treated you and Kasumi.

Keitaro noticed all the girls wince when Shinobu said 'talk' Su bounced on his back. "He left a gift! Open it!" She handed him a package that was crudely wrapped. Keitaro opened it to see a tape recorder that had a note that said play me. "What is this?" He again notice the girls back away in horror. Kasumi smiled serenly, "Why don't you play it?" Naru, Motoko and Kitsune began to run, but Keitaro had already pressed play. On it were the girls cursing Kasumi, but what drew his attention was how they were suddenly struck by lightning.

"Wow...wait a moment" He rewound and pressed play again and watched as they were struck again. An evil smile appeared on Keitaro's face and his glasses had a glare in it so you could no longer see his eyes. "Oh girls. I think we are going to have a little talk about a couple new rules at the inn" He paused. "Oh and I will be expecting a huge apology for your rude behavior. Do I make myself clear?" The pile of smoking flesh on the ground groaned. Kasumi just put her hand to her mouth and muttered. "Oh my"

Read and Review

That's it for my first side story. I change my mind. I'm going to start the third arc now. There will be more side stories involving Love Hina and other crossovers. Just not now.

Lata

Xen-Oh

Oh a special treat for those who bothered reading the side story. I got several emails asking for the properties of Shadow's and Sonic's swords. So read below.

Shade's Wrath

This is Shadow's sword. Made from the fang of Shade's dragon form. The thing is that Shade is a being of Chaos Energy and his dragon form is triggered by pure unfiltered Chaos from the Guardian Emerald, so his fangs and claws are stronger than any metals out there. Because of the chaos material made to make the weapon. Shadow can channel chaos energy through the blade, in fact his blade can channel any kind of energy through the sword. Very deadly when Shadow combines his blade with his Soul of Elements Technique. Since you asked for info. What people don't know is that Shade's Wrath, like Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga has a transformed state, in fact it has two that Shadow can switch back and forth from with the blink of an eye. The default mode makes it look like an average Katana only with a black blade. Also he can make his blade unable to cut to being able to cut through anything. Shade's Wrath can be blocked, but can never be pushed back...

Transformation A: Fang Mode

Looks like transformed Tetsusaiga only the blade is solid black and the fur around the handle is red plus the handle is also black. Red Characters are inscribed into the blade.

This mode allows the strongest strikes but it is a bit slower then Claw mode as it is so big.

Abilities (Warning Future Spoiler for later chapters. Read if you dare!!)

Shadow gets pissed off and steals Tetsusaiga and after testing it he's able to trigger the Wind Scar, with the knowledge of the Hiryu Shoten Ha and Demon God Storm he recreates Inuyasha's specialty attack.

Ultimate move.

Shade's Wrath.

The name of the blade is also the name of the ultimate attack.

Shadow slashes and a massive black vacuum blade comes out followed by a massive horizontal horricane made of Vacuum blades. Shadow can also make this attack home it on the target.

Transformation B: Claw Mode

Shade's Wrath is a mesamune. Think Sepiroth's weapon from FF7. Only the blade is blood red and the handle is solid black. The blade is thin and long but even sharper than in the Claw mode. It allows faster strikes

Abilities.

Chaotic Disruption.

The blade can inflict a number of status effects with just a cut (Poison, Paralysis, Turn to Stone, Blindness, Deafness, Berserk, Mute, Confusion, Slow, Stop, Doom, Death, Block Magic, Block Ki, ) He can select from one of these effects to happen to all of them at once.

Drain: He can drain energy from whoever he cuts. He can turn on and off this effect.

Ultimate Move

Light Speed Slash.

A bunch of rings surround his blade and greatly speeds up his rate of attacking. Blade is said to dissapear in movement and target to just fall into tiny pieces.

Sonic Striker

This is Sonic's weapon. In earlier chapters, Sonic said he made the blade out of a meteor that fell to the earth. This is true. The metal of the rock became unstable when it came into contact with Sonic's chaos energy. So the material is like a fake Guardian Emerald. (Think the scene in Sonic Adventure 2 when Sonic uses the fake emerald to use Chaos Control to save himself from the escape pod set to explode.) Sonic may have not the martial arts training as Knuckles or Shadow, but he is damn good with a blade. Looks like regular Katana, only with a blue blade that has feathers inscribed on it.

Abilities.

Sonic Flash: The sword allows Sonic to split into many copies of himself and attack independently. The most he can do is a hundred. What is so dangerous about this technique is that power levels aren't divided among the copies but rather each copy has the same power level as Sonic thanks to using the Guardian Emerald and the Sonic Striker. Take the phrase one man army to a whole new level.

Skill Stealer: This is what makes the Sonic Striker really dangerous. Once the blood of whatever it cuts touches the blade. Sonic can become immune to the enemies attacks. When powered with the Guardian Emerald, Sonic can steal an enemies specialty attack and take it for his own, even adapt it any way he wants.

Restore: (Another Spoiler) Sonic, like Shadow, steals Tenseiga and learns it's special ability. Can bring one person back to life at a time, with the Guardian Emerald, he can bring back 500 people with one slash.

Ultimate Attack: Sonic Strike

This is what makes people fear the Sonic Striker. This allows Sonic to tap into leylines and unleash a massive wave of energy 10 times more destructive then the Wind Scar. This attack can be done from long distance too, so you won't even know if Sonic is using the attack. Depending on the point Sonic strikes, he can send a Sonic Strike in every direction.