Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Interlude 1: Dream a little Dream Part 1 ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: This is an Interlude before the Second Arc starts

It involves a bit of Shadow's past before his appearance in Sonic Adventure 2. Enjoy

Interlude 1: Dream a little Dream Part 1

In the middle of a snowstorm, a figure walks through it. A cloak covered it's face and a huge backpack was strapped to the back. Soon a cabin comes into view. The wind blows the cloak off the figure's face to reveal a black furred face with red highlights. It also revealed the person underneath to be male. "Stupid Storm" He said still walking through it. Something glowed in his backpack. The male growled "Okay! Okay! I'll hurried up" A series of black and red rings appeared, leading all the way to the cabin. He past through the first one and disappeared.

He reappeared inside the cabin, surprising a little girl in there. She was blond, about age 6, "Uncle Shadow!!!!" The girl hugged him, not caring about getting herself wet with the melting snow on him. Shadow put the girl down, "Calm down Maria" Maria stepped back allowing Shadow to remove his cloak. He was covered in a light black fur and his black hair was styled into spikes and had red highlights. If he didn't have the fur, he would look fully human. He wore a long black slacks, a black thick sweater and a red vest on top that went to the knees. On his feet was metal shoes and on his hands were matching gloves. The girl smiled, "Oh change back. I love that trick!!!"

Shadow grinned "Okay watch." He clapped twice and a black emerald appeared in his hand. His whole body glowed as the fur faded away leaving tanned human skin. His hair grew even spikier and the red highlights thickened. His eyes changed from black to a bright blue. Shadow reached into his pocket and took out a pair of wire frame glasses and put them on. The glasses were only big enough to cover half his eyes. "That's better, my fur was getting to warm anyway." The girl squealed in joy "YAY! That was so cool Uncle Shadow. Will you ever teach me that?" Shadow looked at her to find her using puppy dog eyes. "You're cheating using that look, you know" He patted her head and she pouted, "When you're older" She smiled again.

"Where's Shade?" She asked. Shadow smiled putting down his backpack, "He was complaining the whole time, but he enjoyed himself. He opened his pack and the creature jumped out. It was a little thing only about half of little Maria's size, it's skin was dark and spikes resembling Shadow's even the red highlight. On it's hands and feet were gloves and shoes matching Shadows. "Chao Chao," It said waving. Maria bopped it on the head, "Speak normally!!" She wined. The Chao grinned "Okay Okay, Geeze Maria" Maria hugged him "Great so how did it go?"

Shade smiled "It went great, we found the Chaos Emerald" He pointed at Shadow, "Buddy boy over their made me go through all the traps" Shadow blinked, as Maria had a huge hammer in her hand that was easily twice the size of her body "You hurt my little Shade?" Shadow turned to Shade who was wearing bandages that appeared from no where. Shade stuck out his tongue.

"Maria, Shades lying" The hammer disappeared "Oh" Shade and Shadow face faulted. "Anyways poppa called, told me to tell you to contact him after you came back" Shadow nodded, and walked to the fireplace. He tossed a couple wooden logs into the fire, cause it to blaze and extra warmth to flood the room. He walked over to a desk where a complex computer sat. After typing on the keyboard, the monitor activated showing the face of a middle aged man with a long orange hair and a long beard framing his face. "Ah my apprentice, Shadow. How is my daughter?"

Shadow grinned, "Maria is an angel as always." He turned around to see Maria body slamming Shade. Both he and the Professor sighed. Maria chuckled. "He-he, Hi daddy!" behind her Shade was covered in bruised . Shadow turned back towards the screen, missing Maria hide her wrestling mask. "Professor the mission was successful" Professor Gerald grinned. "That's good, lets see it" Shadow turned to Shade, "Shade! Hand me my bag!" Shade nodded and pointed at the bag. The heavy looking bag lifted in the air by it self and floated to where Shadow was. Shadow grabbed the bag and began searching through it. He came out with a metal container that was about 10 feet long and wide, making it questionable of how something that big fit into a camping bag.

Shadow began flipping latches on each side until the box was open showing an Emerald, a little smaller than the container but still just as big. On the computer. Professor Gerald whistled, "Is that?" Shadow nodded. " Yes it is, but there is more that you need to know. You know how I activate my Hyper mode?" The Professor nodded and Shadow summoned his emerald again, "As I recall it would take seven to get the energy needed to trigger it" Shadow nodded, "Correct, but watch" Shadow got rid of the emerald in his hand and touched the huge one with one finger.

His hair grew and turned even spikier, then the black faded to a silver color while the red Highlights faded to white. Shadow's eyes turned from blue to red as a silver aura covered his whole body. Professor Gerald gasped. "Your-Your-Your hyper mode!!! The Chaos Emeralds can't be that powerful" Shadow shook his head "Professor watch" Shadow placed his whole hand on it. The Professor gasped, as he watched the change. Maria and Shade just gaped at the scene before them. "Wow pretty" They both said. Professor Gerald jaw was in the ground "And there are six more out there. Good God what are the Chaos Emeralds?"

End Interlude

Read and Review