Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ As I travel through the valleys of shadows ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: Thanks for reading. For the anime stars that appeared, you guessed them Right. Vash the Stampede and Hellsing's Alucard. The big question is How the hell did Vash get there? Or How can Rouge go out in the sunlight or the lack of a need for blood. It'll be answered in later chapters. In fact I'm going to do a sidestory with Hellsing involving Rouge and Knuckles.

So here are the current Matchups because someone asked

Shadow/Amy/Lara/Usagi

Tails/Hotaru

Rouge/ Knuckles

Ryouga/Chaos

Here are the possible matchups.

Mousse/One of the inner Senshi, besides Usagi

Mousse/Shampoo (not likely)

Mousse/Amazon

Mousse/ Kikyo

Mousse/ Kagura

Mousse/ Multiple

Sonic/ Inner Senshi

Sonic/ L-Sama (Slayers)

Sonic/ Inuyasha character

Vash/ Setsuna

Gerald/ Nodoka

Nodoka/Kimiko

Kimiko/Gerald

Gerald/ Nodoka/ Kimiko

Send more suggestions Thanks.

Chapter 22: As I travel through the valleys of shadows

Shadow looked up into the sky to see the setting sun. "It's been two days" He has been hanging around the village he attacked Inuyasha at, using the Umisenken to spy on everyone. They decided to search for a cure to Inuyasha's curses. In fact they found rumors of a plant that can cure the stone curse he give Inuyasha...to bad it was he who started the rumor. He chuckled to himself, scaring a villager nearby. They are going to be so pissed. He was getting ready to leave and follow them as they amused him greatly.

He was alone so he dropped the invisibility. "Amy and the others should be coming through the bone-eaters well in a couple of days. So I get to have fun, so who should I mess with first." He grinned and snapped his fingers. "The monk, he's a pervert and it's fun to torture them" He took off the cloak and mask and replaced his shirt with a long red buttoned up vest that went to his knees, long black shirt that hide his hands and his gloves turned back to their normal length.

He put his taken off clothing into subspace along with his sword. He replaced his sword with the staff he made from Lara's staff of Son-Goku. He also took something else out that they didn't realize he made a copy of. It was a circlet, but rather then gold it was solid black. He put it on and watched as his markings faded away. "I summon thee, Storm Cloud!" His improvement on her flying yellow cloud. It only let him and those he wished to fly on it, and also he improved it to produce massive lightning strikes, from little static shocks to ones powerful enough to light up Tokyo. He wasn't going to use his Chaos Emerald to power it up, not until he upgraded it to take the massive amount of energy

"Now for the last change" He grinned as the red highlights on his hair widened until his hair was red with black highlights. He shrunk several inches as his gender changed from male to female. The long vest and long sleeved shirt seems even longer on her body frame as it hid her figure just enough to temp males. Shadow grinned as she ran a hand through her hair. She looked at the sky; it was now dark. Her grin turned feral

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------

"Are you okay Inuyasha?" Kagome asked worried. Inuyasha looked up from his arm to her. His arm was stone half way up to the elbow and if one stared, they could see it increase. "What does it look like?" He snapped as he glared at her. "I'm not okay, thank you very much. My $**$* body is turning to stone! What kind of dumb question is that!" He winced at her hurt expression and frowned. "It's just that I can't even use Tetsusaiga with both hands, reducing its power by half. We're easy targets."

He looked back at his arm. "Either we find this NekoTachi demon and give back the Shikon Chunk or hope this rumored cure works" Kagome nodded. "Also no one knows where this NekoTachi is, only that he's a powerful entity, that claimed the northern lands. If no one can find him how can we hope to return the Shikon Chunk" Sango added. Miroku nodded, still looking at his hand. "He partially sealed my Air Void. He just extended my life by decades, just to beat me. I even heard rumors that his domain is above the sky with the stars"

Kagome frowned. "That sounds like he has a base in outer space, but that can't be right. That requires things from my time." Shippo grinned and jumped on Kagome's shoulder. "Its too depressing! Tell us about what you saw back in your time" Kagome's eyes widened. "Ah yes. It was this contest that had stuff that looks like magic. The Mobian Corp. My grandfather got lucky and got the whole family tickets to the first event. It was amazing! Especially that Ranma Saotome guy. I think he could be a challenge for you Inuyasha!" Inuyasha crossed his arms. "Keh! Like some human could be as strong as a demon"

"Half demon" Kagome corrected. He shrugged. "Doesn't matter, I should be able to beat him" They were interrupted by a girl's scream. "HHEELLPP!!!!" Miroku, not surprisingly was the first to run in the direction of the voice. "Never fear, I shall save you!" The others rolled their eyes at his actions. "Come on lets help him." They began running after him and they got to a clearing.

Miroku was stunned frozen. "Such beauty!" He was gazing at a red-head tied to a big tree with ropes, where too lesser demons where grinning at her hungrily. "Such a nice looking female. She's going to be delicious" Said one demon. Miroku growled and the two demons didn't know what hit them. The others watched in amusement as Miroku beat them into dust. "That was very impressive" Kagome said. "About time he made himself useful" Inuyasha replied. "I didn't think monks were suppose to be so violent."

Miroku stood over the ashes of the demons before he turned to the beauty on tied to the tree. "You are safe Miss." He said as he untied her, he tried copping a feel, but she moved out the way at the last moment not even noticing. "Thank you! Thank you so much, mister!" She said as she shook his hand, bouncing a bit. Miroku was somewhat in a hypnotic trance. "Can I asked you a question miss?" The others sighed, here it comes"

The girl nodded. "Of course" He took her hands. "Will you bare my child?" The others sighed and prepared to... "Sure" face fault. Miroku's eyes widened. "Really?" The girl shook her head. "No" He too face faulted and got up with an aura of depression, he was so close. "Are you sure?" The girl shrugged. "Okay then I'll do it" He looked happy again. Maybe he had some hope "Really?" The girl shook her head. "No, I change my mind" He face faulted again as the girl laughed. "Silly monk."

Sango and Kagome laughed at the really depressed monk. "Hello. I'm Kagome, why where those demons about to eat you" The girl sighed looking depressed. "I was looking for information about how to cure a curse when they surprised me" Inuyasha was now paying attention. Kagome frowned. "What curse?" The girl sighed. "My father was hit with a curse that will turn him to stone in about a week. It was all because of some demon named NekoTachi. I heard rumors of a cure and is chasing after it"

Inuyasha got in the girl's face. "Tell us all you know about this cure!!" He yelled hiding his stoned arm with his sleeve. The girl backed up disgusted. "Eww, doggy breath. Since you helped me, I'll tell you." Kagome smiled. "Okay" The girl pulled out a map. "The rumors about a plant curing NekoTachi's curse is all fake." Inuyasha's shoulders slumped slightly but he waited for her to continue. "I heard the only way to cure this curse is to get NekoTachi's sword and use another cut to cure the curse on the target."

Kagome smiled. "Okay, how about you come with us and we can get NekoTachi's sword to save your father" The girl grinned and nodded. "Okay, My name is Ranko." Kagome nodded and introduced the others to her. "So which way?" Inuyasha said impatiently. "Hold on a second, I don't want to walk" Inuyasha snorted. "You gotta be stupid if you think someone is going to carry you" She smirked as she raised her hand into the air and snapped her fingers. "Come here, Storm Cloud"

Out the sky and small black cloud flew and hovered in front of Ranko. Ranko grinned and jumped onto it. "I ride in style" Kagome gasped. Her cloud reminded her of the one Son Goku uses in the legends. Inuyasha, stupidly commented. "That's stupid, who would ride on a cloud?" Ranko rolled her eyes as she snapped her fingers and Inuyasha was struck by lightning coming from the cloud. "Dumbass" She suddenly flew twenty feet into the air to avoid Inuyasha's jump after her. "You do know that the more energy you waste, the faster your curse spread." She yelled pointing to Inuyasha's stoned arm.

The others looked in amazement. "Are you a demon?" Kagome asked, Ranko shook her head. "Just very talented. So are we going?" They nodded and began traveling again. Ranko descended until her transportation was only several feet from the ground with her sitting into the cloudy depths. Shippo turned to her. "Can I ride on that?" Ranko shrugged and patted the spot next to her. Shippo hopped on. "Wow, it's comfy. It feels like a big pillow" Ranko grinned "I have to be comfy when I travel."

Sango looked at Miroku and laughed again. He frowned. "That isn't funny" Sango nodded. "Yes it is. You were made a fool out of." He sighed. "And I really thought I had someone." Ranko floated by him with Shippo taking a nap on the cloud, wrapped up in it like a blanket. "Oh don't cry Monk. I love you" She said giving him a beautiful smile that made him freeze stunned at her beauty. "I don't know what to say" Ranko giggled. "Then don't say anything, close your eyes and I'll give you a big kiss" Miroku did so and shuddered of what's to come. He felt lips press against his. "Oh Ranko you're lips are so soft." As he deepened the kiss using his tongue

That is when he heard laughter all around. He opened his eyes to see a monkey attached to his lips. The monkey blushed through it's fur and handed Miroku a banana. He dropped the monkey in shock and it hugged his leg. He turned to see Ranko floating nearby laughing her ass off with everyone else. Even Inuyasha was laughing. Miroku looked down and stared at the monkey with a blank expression. The animal, waved and offered him another banana. He calmly turned to Ranko. "I hate you" He said before he walked off. Moments later, the sounds of someone puking could be hard.

Ranko bent down and picked up the chimpanzee. "I like you, You'll make a good gift for Lara" She said. The monkey grinned and handed her a bananna. Where it came from couldn't be told. Ranko grinned and took the banana. "Oh we're going to get along just fine, Mr. Chimpy" She said as she took a bite out the fruit. In the background they could still hear Miroku puking only weeping joined it. Sango grinned. "I think you broke him" Ranko shrugged. "He shouldn't have been a pervert."

Days later found Inuyasha impatient. Most of his arm and portions of his chest where now stone. "When are we going to get there?" He demanded. Kagome looked up from the map she was holding. "Soon, stop asking that or I'll soak you with some water" Inuyasha paled and jumped into the air. Ranko chuckled. "I've been wondering, what does that mean?" Kagome grinned evilly. "Oh Inuyasha got more then one curse from NekoTachi. When he is splashed with cold water, he changes shape."

Ranko grinned and stepped off her cloud. "Really? what does he change into?" Kagome was about to speak when she found a hand covering her face. She glared at Inuyasha and he ignored it to glare at Ranko. "None of your business wench" Her eye twitched. "Did you just call me wench?" Inuyasha ignored the dangerous tone. "Yeah so off it" Ranko turned to Shippo. "Go and play with Mr. Chimpy, young kids shouldn't see violence at your age" Shippo nodded and went off into the woods, Mr. Chimpy and Kirara following

When they were gone Ranko's smile was gone. She marched up right to Inuyasha's face. "I suggest you apologize before I hurt you" She pulled out a stick no bigger then a chopstick and pointed it at him. Inuyasha looked and the weapon and chuckled. "Oh what's the wittle girl going to do? Poke me to death with that stick of yours. I call who ever I want what ever I want, so back off wench" Kagome was about to sit Inuyasha until she saw that glint in Ranko's eyes that meant Inuyasha was about to be hurt so she didn't

"Extend" Inuyasha's laughter died a painful death when something hard slammed into 'little Inuyasha' hard enough to drop him unto the floor. He almost swallowed his tongue, but didn't. He looked up to see a huge staff in Ranko's hand. "Extend" The pressure increased as tears came to Inuyasha's eyes. "Apologize" Inuyasha ignored the survival instincts and gave her the finger. "Wench" She smiled sweetly. "Extend" Inuyasha's toe's crossed and his body started to be pressed deeper into the ground. "This can extend to five hundred feet easily. Do you really want me to fully extend it." He didn't answer, trying not to open his mouth and let the whimpers come out. "Extend"

Inuyasha's life passed before his eyes and he suddenly found that he was growing a desire to arrange flowers the more she extended her staff. "I see I have to be mean now" Ranko said as she twisted her staff. That caused him to whimper. "Extend" His eyes where starting to turn red and the pain lessened somewhat, but everyone could see the Youkai markings starting to form, even if he had Tetsesaiga with him. "I don't care that you're going full demon. Apologize" The pain lessened enough and demon Inuyasha hiss. "Extend" That hiss turned to whimpers again as the red faded to gold and the markings disappeared and twice as much pain came back. Inuyasha mumbled something under his breath

"What I can't hear you. Extend" Ranko said as her staff grew again. "I'M SSSSOOORRRYYYY!!!!" Inuyasha screamed in a high pitched voice. Ranko smiled. "I know you are. Retract" Her staff shrink back a stick size and Ranko put it over her ear and it was concealed by her bangs. She patted the twitching Inuyasha on the head. "Good doggy, next time watch who you call names too, okay" He nodded wiping the tears away from his eye.

Kagome was stunned. This girl just forced an apology out of Inuyasha. She had pulled out a notebook and began taking notes on Ranko's method. Sango was thinking of using that method on the monk the next time he groped her and Miroku was getting a sense of impending doom. Ranko snapped her fingers and her cloud floated over Inuyasha's downed form. "I going to see his curse" A small rumble of thunder went through the cloud as a slight drizzle of rain came out and soaked Inuyasha, changing him, and on a side effect lessened the horrible pain inflicted on him.

"Oh aren't you cute" Ranko said as she pinched the cheeks of a six year old Inuyasha. His long hair was as big as his body and his robes were enchanted to fit him so they shrunk to his size and sheath holding Tetsusaiga shrunk until it resembled a holder for a short sword or dagger. Inuyasha growled, it sounded cute on his young form. Kagome sighed and got a thermos to pour some hot water on Chibi-Inuyasha but Ranko stopped her. "No don't he's cute, and look at his arm"

She pointed at the fact his previously stone flesh was now regular flesh. Kagome gasped. "So as long as he stays in this form, then the curse doesn't spread" Inuyasha frowned. "No I want to be grown up again!" He jumped at Kagome, aiming for the hot water... "Sit!" only to be slammed into the ground painfully. He raised his head just in time to watch Kagome pour the hot water into a nearby bush. "I though kids never want to grow up." Kagome said. Inuyasha frowned. "I'll get you all for this."

Kagome giggled and patted Inuyasha on the head. "Oh don't look adorable when you're mad" He crossed his arms and glared at Kagome. "Keh" He turned and stomped off into the direction they were traveling. Ranko whistled and her cloud went into the forest and came out with Shippo, Kirara and Mr. Chimpy. The three were snacking on some bananas. "Lets get a move on." Sango paused. "I wonder how long the monk would last before he promised to stop groping me" Kagome grinned. "I say ten seconds" The two giggled and began walking. Miroku paled and followed behind them...at a distance. "The fates don't seem to be smiling on me today"

Several days later, the gang were in a valley right at the entrance to one of NekoTachi's lair. It was a beautiful place. A large mansion was in the center, surrounded by flowers of all kind. To the far right was a waterfall that had golden water streaming into a lake. "Wow it's beautiful." Kagome said. Inuyasha was about to comment when he paused. "Oh no not him" Ranko cocked an eyebrow as a blur appeared in front of Kagome, holding her hands. Kagome put on a smile that was three hundred percent fake. "Oh, hello Kouga, what brings you here?"

Kouga smirked and pointed to the mansion. "Oh I have to find this stupid cat demon, NekoTachi and kick his ass. He took several of my Shikon Shards." He turned to see Inuyasha and started laughing. "So Dog Turd got turned into a little puppy" Inuyasha growled "I'm going to kill you!" He was about to pull out his weapon when it hit him. "Wait a minute. You fought NekoTachi and escaped without a curse?"

Kouga began looking nervous. "Of course, I kicked his ass" That was when he was splashed. Inuyasha smirked. "Ha ha. Maybe Ranko isn't that bad" He said as the transformed Kouga glared at Ranko. "So you turn into a girl" Kouga was a short petite girl with blue hair and fur. Inuyasha laughed. "I may turn into a kid, but you turn into a girl...or a small boy" Kouga glared. "Shut up Dog Turd. Don't make me give you a spanking!" Inuyasha gave Kouga a rasberry. "You may enjoy that, wench"

Kagome sighed. "Inuyasha, sit" Chibi Inuyasha slammed into the ground. She turned to see Ranko sitting in the lake sighing in relaxation. "Its a hot spring" Kagome sighed. "We should really go and get the cure from NekoTachi" Sango nodded she watched Miroku grope the female Kouga and was promptly beaten on. Inuyasha recovered and glared at Kagome before he joined the raising dust cloud of limbs. "Boys"

Kagome went closer to Ranko. "Aren't you nervous about fighting NekoTachi?" Kagome asked. "Our best fighter couldn't beat him." Ranko shrugged. "Hey Kagome, I have something to confess" Ranko said getting out the water fully dressed and dry. "I'm really from your time" Kagome stepped back stunned. "What?" Ranko grinned "My real name is Ranma Saotome" She said as she shifted into a male that Kagome recognized. "WHAT! How? You're Ranma! What are you doing in the past!!"

Ranma grinned. "You haven't seen the latest contest have you? A little accident put me in the past. I also have one more thing to ask" Kagome nodded, stunned at the person in front of her. "What is it?" Ranma grinned. "I would like my chunk of the Shikon no Tama back. It wasn't that nice that you stole it" Kagome stepped back. "You're NekoTachi!!!" The fighting stopped as Inuyasha and Kouga stared in shock. Ranma chuckled. "Yep, sorry if I worried you about that stone curse, but I was a tad upset that I was robbed." Kagome produced the Shikon Chunk. "So I should give this back"

"Yep. As soon as you do or Inuyasha defeats me. I'll remove the stone curse" Kagome nodded and did so. The Shikon chunk glowed and broke into pieces before floating into the air and forming a necklace around his neck. "As promised" He took out an average katana only with a black blade and Kagome watched as it glowed and grew into the sword they saw before. "My own invention. Here yah go" Ranma slashed down in the direction of Inuyasha and Kouga and a wave of energy engulfed them.

When it cleared, Inuyasha growled. "Hey! I'm still a Kid!" Ranma grinned. "You're an ass. That won't be cured until I think you've grown up some." Kouga growled. "Then why am I still a girl" Ranma shrugged. "I just don't like you" Kouga growled and charged Ranma, not caring Kagome was in the way. Ranma nudged Kagome to the side, dodged Kouga's first move and made a small cut on the arm. The effects were instant. Kouga began to slow down as if stuck in slow motion. "That my annoying wolf-girl is the curse of slowness. I made it to fade away in about ten hours so have fun"

He whistled as he walked around the enraged Kouga, getting closer as if he was moving in a spiral. Right when he got face to face to Kouga, he flick her nose and a tornado picked her off the ground and tossed her towards the horizon. Inuyasha whistled, Sango and Miroku gaped, and Kagome was stunned. "Hey you all want to come in for some tea?" Ranma asked pointing towards the mansion. They nodded dumbfounded and followed him

-------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

"This is very good" Sango said. Kagome was too busy looking at all the modern appliances. Ranma nodded. "Thank you, I try" Inuyasha, now an adult again also looked around. "It reminds me of Kagome's house" Ranma nodded. Shippo was nearby sitting in a bean bag chair napping. Kirara was in Sango's lap purring as her mistress scratched her behind the ear. Mr. Chimpy was just laying around playing with a ball. Kagome turned to Ranma. "How is this possible? There sound be no way you can have electricity in the past"

Ranma grinned. "Kagome, I am a scientist. You've seen the Grind Race didn't you. I know how to build things. You may have not noticed but on the roof of my house has solar panels, the water fall was a waterwheel powering several turbines and I have several wind mills in the valley powering my temporary home." Kagome nodded amazed. "But aren't you worried about people coming here?" Ranma grinned. "This whole place has a energy barrier around it and had I not lead you to this place you would have never found it."

They nodded "That brings up a point, why hide yourself as Ranko instead of just confronting us directly?" Sango asked. Ranma shrugged. "I was bored" She face faulted. "Bored?" Ranma nodded. "I love chaos, it lets people grow and adapt. It's been boring so I decided to stir things up." Miroku frowned. "What do you mean stir things up? And what about the whole NekoTachi thing?"

Ranma grinned and waved his hand over his face, when his hand past, he had youkai markings on his face. "The thing is with NekoTachi, it is just a title for the lord of the northern lands and several layers in the underworld. The title is past down by challenge, whoever defeats the current NekoTachi in a formal challenge gets the title, the land and the techniques. I found this out when I first showed up and had a bunch of feline like Youkai bowing down to me. It seems I can command any cat-like Youkai."

They nodded in understanding. "So you are human?" Sango asked. Ranma shrugged. "Don't really know anymore." Inuyasha decided to speak. "So what things did you stir up and are you on our side?" Ranma shrugged. "I'm a neutral party right now. It all depends what happens in a couple of days." Kagome frowned. "What's happening in a couple of days and please tell us what you did?"

Ranma nodded. "Okay, I'll tell you. In a couple of days a couple of friends of mine are coming to the past to pick me up and get involve with the Shikon no Tama. It all depends on what they do and what side they chose." He took out a list. "Ah, here's what I did. I broke the link from Naraku to the youkai of wind, Kagura. They just haven't realized yet. As for the TaiYoukai, Sesshomaru, I gave him a way to trigger the transformation of his sword Tenseiga"

Inuyasha interrupted him "What!! Tenseiga doesn't have a transformation!" Ranma shook his head. "Yes it does and it's very powerful. Who would have known that when Tenseiga came in contact with Sesshomaru's blood in unlocked a seal on the blade. It turns out that Tenseiga can not only put the soul back into a body causing it to come back to life, but also take a soul out of a body and use it to strengthen his own power. The last time I seen him, he was gleefully destroying dragons to strengthen himself. He even regrew his severed arm."

Inuyasha paled his comment was interrupted by the call of a little girl. "Uncle Shadow!" A little girl in a kimono came out. "You're back!" She glomped onto Ranma. Ranma grinned and pat the little girl on her head. "How are you Rin?" The little girl smiled. "Great! I love all those vi-de-os on that box!" He smiled. "I brought a new friend for you to play with" Rin saw the monkey and glomped him. "Come on lets play"

"She's a good girl" Ranma said. "Why did she call you Shadow?" Sango asked. Ranma grinned. "It's sorta of a nickname people close to me refer to me as." Kagome smiled at the little girl playing with the monkey. "Who is this?" Ranma smiled. "Sesshomaru's ward" Everyone's eyes widened. "What? She's human!" Inuyasha exclaimed. "Sesshomaru hates humans" Ranma turned to Rin, she hadn't hard and he reached over and popped Inuyasha over the head. "Dumbass. People change."

"So what now?" Kagome asked. "I unsealed the rest of the Shikon shards" They panicked. "But Naraku has most of the shards" Ranma shook his head. "I unsealed all of them provided that the shards be spread all over again. I'm personally keeping the chunk I found and tomorrow I'm going to start traveling again to find the rest of the pieces." Kagome frowned. "So you're not going to help us?" Ranma shook his head "I rather stay the neutral party. Unless something happens to sway me to either side. But just so you know this valley is an neutral area to all parties involved with the Shikon no Tama. I suggest you start your search tomorrow. I'll let you stay in the rooms tonight." With that Ranma got up and began playing with Rin.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

"Shade where are we?" Amy asked picking up her camping backpack. All the people going where here on the trip. "We are at the Hirigashi Shrine. (A.N: How do you spell Kagome's last name?) This is how we are going to the past." Sonic grinned. "I could sense some weird energy coming from one of the buildings." A few of the others nodded in agreement. The group, consisting of, Amy, Sonic, Knuckles, Rouge, Chaos, Mousse, Ryouga, Lara, Ms. Saotome, Ms. Tendo, Akane, Gerald, Tails, Big, Ericks and the Senshi were waiting in front of the shrine, all with their partners. Shade silenced them with a look. "According to the scroll, the bone eaters well will let anyone possessing chaos energy or in contact with chaos energy through, but because the vast amounts this group has, we'll be separated into smaller groups and put in different locations of ancient Japan." He turned to look at everyone "Is everyone ready?"

He got nods. "Okay, remember once on the other side, please find a way to blend in with the times." Shade then transformed into his dragon form. The dragon floated into the air, before he started glowing black and red. In response one of the buildings began to glow black. Arcs of black lightning flew from the building to Shade as a massive energy ball began to grow in his mouth. "Hyper..." Everyone's eyes widened as Shadow's voice came from Shade's open mouth. "Chaos" More lightning began to arc from the building to Shade making the glow around him grow bigger and bigger as did the energy ball. "CONTROL!!"

He fired the blast at the people below him. They winced but the energy past through them, healing any minor wounds and hitting the ground below them. The ground turned to black liquid and everyone began to sink into the ground. Several panicked and tried to leave, but it was pointless to escape the liquid. Soon they all sunk underneath. Dragon Shade roared as he did a flip in the air and dived into the portal. It closed up afterwards. Kagome's brother, Souta watched all this happen said. "Daaammmnnn"

----------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

Amy woke up in the middle of a forest. She stood up and brushed the stray leaves off her self. "I need to remember to stop underestimating Shade." She mutter. Rose nodded in midair trying to shake off the dizziness. "You got that right" Amy turned to see Usagi and Lara groaning as they got off the floor, their respective Chao floating above them. Lara blinked. "Hey our clothes are different." She said.

Amy looked down and saw her jeans and jacket where replaced with a skintight shirt that molded over her torso and left her arms bare. Her metal gloves just covered her hands. Her jeans where replaced with very baggy pants that gave no hint to her legs and her boots changed into metal sandals. Tied around her waist was a top that seemed to match the pants.

Lara no longer wore the short shorts that she wore and the tight t-shirt but rather something else. She wore a tight bodysuit that showed off her great figure, but had armor covering her torso, elbows, knees, neck and waist. All over it was a lime green ornate silk robe. "Wow, I almost feel naked in this." She said. "You guys got the cool outfits" Usagi said.

Usagi herself was wearing a Miko's outfit. Only it, the white top had traces of blue and red at the edges of the sleeves. On her back was a metal bow similar to Chao's only it was shaped like a crescent moon. "You got all the cool clothes, it isn't fair"

Amy sighed. "Come on girls. I want to find Shadow" Lara grinned. "I have a way" She pulled her staff off her back and stood on the ground. "Which ever way it drops, we'll go in that direction." The two girls nodded and Lara let go of the staff. It dropped to the south. "So south it is" She said, before she saw Amy and Usagi head in the opposite direction. "Hey!" Amy giggled. "Sorry Lara, but I'm going that way" Lara pouted. "You guys suck"

An hour later, the three were in a hot spring. "Okay I change my mind, this is pretty nice." With the Chao keeping watch, nothing can sneak up on them. "So what should we do?" Usagi asked, Amy pointed in a direction to the east. "I feel chaos energy spiking a little ways west of here. We should investigate it." The three nodded, got ready and began walking in that direction.

"Why does it have to be a tentacle demon?" Usagi asked as she dodged an appendage coming right for her. She rolled, pointed her bow and pulled the string. A ray of pure white light fired from the bow and turned a tentacle into ashes, but another only grew out the stump. "I freaking hate, Tentacle demons!!" Lara nodded in agreement as she pushed the Youkai away from her before pulling out her guns and unleashing a wave of bullets. Each bullet that hit disintegrated it's target in different spots.

"What are those bullets made off?" Amy yelled as she whacked the core of the Youkai with her hammer. "Blessed Silver. Seems to work on all types of demons." She yelled as she ducked under another blow. Amy frowned as more appendages grew out of the stumps. "The source of chaos energy is coming from that eye" She said pointing. Usagi nodded and moved into a position. "Holy Barrage!" She pulled the bow and ten rays of light pierced the Youkai.

It howled in pain as her shots impaled it. "Lara now!" Lara nodded and pulled her staff out. "EXTEND" She grinned as her staff pierced the eye that Amy pointed to. The demon howled in pain as the staff exited with three glowing shards. "Usagi finish it!" Lara said as she saw their partners take the shards before they hit the ground. Usagi grinned. "Holy Judgment!" She pulled the string back and held it as a small ball formed in front of her bow. She let go of the string and a massive wave of energy sprung from the ball of energy and consumed the Youkai.

"What was that that came out the Youkai" Lara said as the chao dropped the shards into her hand. "I can't believe it" Amy said. Usagi looked over her shoulder and saw the shards glowing blue. "Pretty. What are they?" Amy frowned. "They're pieces of a Chaos Emerald" Usagi and Lara gaped. "I didn't really believe that the emerald was fragmented, but now this is serious." Amy turned to the other girls. "Lets get all the pieces before the others do"

Usagi grinned and raised her hand in the air. "Girl Power, Yeah!" Lara grinned as well. "We'll beat those boys." Amy looked into the distance. "There's another signature of chaos energy, but its weak. It's to the north and moving further away. Let's go!" The other two smiled as they rushed off into that direction, their chao following them.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

Ericks crashed into a shore bordering a lake. He sighed as he stood up spitting sand out his mouth. "Where am I" He said. That was when he looked into the water and saw his reflection. "How-How am I wearing this?" He said as he inspected himself. Gone was his slacks and white shirt, instead he was in a familiar futuristic black outfit that resembled a spacesuit and over it was a red trench coat. In holsters on his side where two guns. One was silver, the other black. His long hair was cut shorter and arranged into spikes that stood straight up. Even his foggy glasses were replaced with yellow sunglasses

Ericks collapsed to his knees. "Why am I wearing this?" His newly hatched partner, Wormwood, patted his back. It was black with a white gothic cross inscribed over its body. Floating over his head was a black halo. "I never wanted to wear this again. Why am I wearing this" A voice answered behind him. "Because, maybe you felt that you were suppose to" Ericks turned to the voice. "Shadow?" Shadow nodded a little down the lake, holding a fishing pole and hat. "What's up Vash" Long ago, Ericks had told his friend about his past, Shadow is the only one to even know his real name.

"What do you mean? I never wanted to wear this again?" He yelled. Shadow grinned and jerked his rod pulling a big fish into a wooden bucket. "I take it Shade used Hyper Chaos Control and everyone is in the past, scattered all over Japan." Vash nodded. "But answer me, why am I like this" Shadow shrugged. "That is how Hyper Chaos Control, it gives you your desires. My desire was to heal all the damage done. On a subconscious level though I wanted to get to the next Chaos Emerald, so it put me where the next one is." Shadow chuckled to himself. "Boy was I surprised when I woke up in ancient Japan. Everyone wanted to go here was their conscious desire, but sometimes Hyper Chaos Control grants the subconscious desire. I take it that you no longer wanted to hide who you are. That you should live as who you are, not as you hide"

Vash sighed. "I know, but I have blood on my hands. I've killed, it's wrong. All I wanted to do was protect people, but after that first kill, it became so much easier to aim for the head or the heart and became so much harder to resist" Shadow sighed. "I know what you mean. That lost of innocence is very damning." He put down the fishing pole after catching another big fish, a salmon. "The first time I had to take a life, I did it for a selfish reason. The guy wanted some water so he could use his full powers to help his people. The cost of this water was my cure, so I rushed out to defeat him, thinking it'll be easy."

Shadow sighed. "He could throw fireballs, fly, and recover any damage instantly. I was about to say screw it and go home licking my wounds when the girl I though I loved got involved and it became so much more serious. I now needed the water to save her life. So I killed him, I didn't know he would come back to life at the time I didn't care. I put the life of one over the life of a whole people. That is how selfish I am and every single time I think about it I could of done things so many different ways. I was stupid and it cost me. I remember what you told me and it was the opposite decision for you. You put the life of a bunch of people over one person. I envy you."

Vash was stunned. "I don't know what to say?" Shadow smiled sadly. "You haven't heard, but I had to kill again. Amy and Sonic won't tell you, but I had to kill a monster who had killed, tortured and raped many people. Had he lived he would have continued to do the things he did. So I did it again" Vash sighed. "I know there are so many horrible people, but it hurts each time I see someone killed." Shadow smiled again. "You have a good heart Vash, never change. Sometimes things aren't in terms of black and white and a person needs to go into gray areas. It's those gray areas that hurt so much because we have to make choices that we don't want to. Even if you pretend to be normal, denying who you are is going to hurt a lot of people. If you're not out there protecting people, who will?"

Vash sat down. "I know, its hard sometimes." Shadow nodded and pulled out another rod. "Come, Come fish with me" Vash grinned and sat down and took the pole. "So is the catch good?" Shadow grinned "There's some good fish" Vash cast out. "So what now? What are you going to be doing?" Shadow railed in another fish. "I'm going to be collecting the shards of the Chaos Emerald. Wanna help?" Vash nodded. "Yeah sure." Shadow grinned. "That's good, because I found several Upgrade rings around Japan too, so when do we start" Vash grinned. "After dinner" Shadow nodded. "Of course"

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Hours later found the two men traveling through a valley south of the lake they rested at. Vash paused. "What is that energy?" Shadow grinned. "So you do feel it. That is a shard of the Chaos Emerald. Lets go get it" Vash nodded and the two began running through the valley. When they got to the center, they paused to see the scene before them. A man in red monk robes similar to Miroku's was fighting a massive dragon. In the center of the dragon's forehead was a shining gem. The monk's head was covered with a red bamboo hate that put his whole body into shadows. He raised his staff and threw it at the dragon, piercing it's eye.

The damage didn't last as the dragon's face rippled and the eye was good as new, only the monster was looking pissed. "You hurt me" It roared as it took to the air. It dive-bombed towards the Monk and unleashed a wave of silver fire in his direction. The monk only laughed as the fire approached him before raising his staff and spinning over his head like a helicopter. The flames hit the spinning staff and was sucked into them. The staff began to glow as an aura surrounded the monk. His grin never left his face as he swung his staff like a baseball bat right into the right wing of his attacker

There was a sickening crunch as the bones in the dragon's wing were crushed into powered. The monk wasn't done there, he jumped up into the air high above the dragon. When he met the apex of his jump his form blurred and he zoomed down. He swing his staff again and this time the other wing was just blown off. The dragon roared in pain as the monk finished up by spinning and bringing the staff against the dragon's head, hard enough that the staff impaled the dragon's jaw

The dragon roared in pain as it ripped out the staff and tossed it away from them before charging after the monk. It did no good as the staff flew into the air into his hands. The monk spun it three times before slamming it into the ground, laughing lightly. A massive wave of dark, poisoness energy rammed into the dragon, launching it across the valley. The man raised the staff perpendicular to his body and bowed, before leaving to walk off. He didn't notice the dragon to get up and charge after him. "Watch out!" Vash yelled

The man turned just in time to get impaled by one of the dragons massive paws. It grinned. "Stupid human, thinking you can defeat me. You won't even make a good snack" The seemingly dead man opened his blood red eyes and grinned. "Who said I was human, you filthy reptile?" His whole body turned to goo as it melted off the dragon's claw to splatter onto the ground. Numerous red eyes opened on the pile of goo before a reforming into the monk.

"You'll learn for your disrespect." He stretched out one arm it turned to goo again before reforming into a demon like dog, with more than one pair of eyes and it was still attached to the monks shoulder with the dark goo connecting the two. Stretching from his shoulder, the dog blurred and appeared right before the dragon before biting deeply into it's neck. Silver blood gushed out the dragon's neck as the dog drank the dragon's life essence.

"Come back" The man said when the dragon was nothing more then a shriveled corpse. The dog took it's jaws off before going back to the man's shoulder and reforming into his arm again. The eyes closed and the man grinned. The dragon turned to ash the moment he did and the fragment of the Chaos Emerald floated to the ground.

"That was very impressive" Shadow said. Vash was gaping. "How?" The monk grinned, showing as a closer look, he wasn't Japanese, but European. He had long unbounded raven hair and no matter what, his bamboo hat protected his whole body from the sun. "I'm a man of many talents, who lived many lives. But I'm bored now" Shadow grinned and picked up the Chaos Fragment. "Then why don't you join us? This fragments give great power, I think it'll even allow you to walk freely into the sun, vampire"

The monk's grinned grew feral. "I'm impressed you figure me out, maybe I won't be bored anymore. I'm in a good mood and just fed, I'll help you" Shadow grinned as he tossed the fragment to the monk, who caught it and stuck it directly into his left eye without a trace of pain. Vash turned to Shadow then to the monk. "Who are you?" The monk grinned as he took off his bamboo hat and bowed without any negative side effects of the sun. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am the vampire Alucard"

Read and Review