Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ I want to change the world ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: It's been a while since I started this. Here is the Third Arc. That's all I can say...

...

...

...

Oh yes I forgot. Look out for characters from other animes not mentioned. Some may only make a short appearance, but they'll appear again. The poetry in this chapter is my own. I felt inspired

Chapter 21: I want to change the world

Amy was walking down the street, heading to the store to get supplies for the trip to the past that is taking place in a couple days. Her Chao, Rose is on her head sleeping. Amy turned the corner and saw someone she really didn't want to see. "Oh, it's you. What do you want?" She said to Akane Tendo. The green skin eventually turned back to normal and she grew some hair, but she still had facial hair. Akane glared at her. "I want to talk to Ranma. It's important."

Amy shook her head. "Can't do that, why would you want to talk to my boyfriend now? After all I heard from you, I really don't want you nowhere near him." Akane glared again, but made no move to attack as Rose had woken up and was now staring at her with an neutral expression that just said try something. "If you must know, I want him to come back and be my fiance again" Amy sighed. "I've wasted my time. Ranma doesn't want to marry you and because of the terms of the Grind Race he doesn't have to either"

A blood red battle aura appeared around Akane. "That's because you stole him from me! He was mine and you took him away from me!" She ignored Roses presence and began to charge when a delicate but firm hand grabbed her ear and pulled her back. "Now Akane! That is no way to behave! Has all I've been teaching you worth nothing!! How am I suppose be assured you're not acting like that worthless father of yours when you do something like this??" Ms. Tendo said, disappointed. Akane's battle aura winked out with her mother's words. Ms. Tendo turned to Amy and bowed. "I'm sorry dear. Akane overreacted."

Amy smiled at the head of the Tendo clan. "Oh it's okay Misses T. Akane just needs to mature more and realize that my boyfriend isn't a item to own, but a person of his own" Ms. Tendo chuckled and nodded while Akane turned red in anger and embarrassment. Ms. Tendo looked at the bag in Amy's hand. "Oh you're preparing for the trip?" Amy nodded. "I have to get my boyfriend back and yell at him a little for pulling that sunt of his." Both chuckled as Akane looked in confusion. "What trip?" Ms. Tendo frowned. "I told you last week, a bunch of Ranma's friends are taking a little trip into the past to pick up Ranma and go on an adventure. Didn't I tell you I was going with Nodoka to catch up on old times?"

Akane turned even redder this time pure embarrassment. "I wasn't listening" Her mother sighed. "You girls. So I take it you are not going?" Akane paused. "I'll go! After all isn't a martial artist's duty is protect the weak." Both Amy and Ms. Tendo sighed. "Akane, you shouldn't have called Ranma weak" Akane frowned. "Oh Why?" Amy pointed behind her. "Because Shade is right behind you and he's pissed" Akane gulped and turned around to see Shade in his tiger form growling. Akane started sweating. "Um...Nice Kitty?" Shade growled. "I suggest you run" Akane gulped again and did so with Shade chasing after her. "Don't hurt her! I'm sure she'll apologize!" Ms. Tendo called out. "I won't hurt her, much" Shade yelled back as they turned around the curve.

An hour late, Amy and Ms. Tendo were in the cafe her and her friends usually hang out at drinking some coffee. Occasionally they would see Shade chase Akane. Ms. Tendo took a drink. "This is quite good." Amy nodded. "This is our hangout. Hell we bought the place in a group decision. It's our little headquarters, so everything's free." Ms. Tendo smiled. "You kids are very big in the business world. Nabiki keeps on begging me to try and convince you to let her in on it." Amy shook her head. "I'm sorry, but it's a group decision for people to join the board, and despite how Nabiki changed, please don't get offended, but we don't really trust her."

Ms. Tendo nodded. "It's okay sweetie. I'm upset that their father took everything from me. I still have time to help them become better." Amy smiled. "At least Kasumi is fine." Ms. Tendo giggled. "Oh yes. What a nice young man she found. I'm really glad that the Saotomes are helping her get into college." Amy took another sip as Shade and Akane past them again. "They would have not taken no for an answer when it came to help Kasumi fulfill her dreams." They were interrupted by the arrival of Usagi. She was wearing a white skirt and a blue blouse. Angel was in a backpack on Usagi's back, her head stick out with a cute little pacifier in it. It's energy halo floated over it's head and coincidently Usagi's.

"Hey Usagi! Over here!!" Usagi smiled and walked over. She and the other Senshi had taken to hanging out at the cafe as well. It was quickly becoming popular, and pretty soon they are going to need bouncers at nighttime when the cafe is used as a jazz club. Usagi sat down and ordered some tea. "Hello Amy! How are you doing?" Amy smiled. "Fine, Fine" Ms. Tendo smiled. "Oh you must be Usagi, Nodoka has been telling me some things about a girls who are willing to share her son" Usagi and Amy went beet red, but it was Usagi who spoke first. "Well, we all believe in free love and Amy is nice enough to share, and Ranma has said he doesn't mind if that is what Amy wanted. Lara is glad about that too" She began to ramble on until Amy covered her mouth

"Ah...You better not let the other girls who have an interest in Ranma find out" Ms. Tendo said smirking "If only I was a little younger..." The girls interrupted her. "Ms. Tendo!" Ms. Tendo giggled "I was just kidding, but where is Ms. Croft?" Amy rolled her eyes. "Ever since she found out that she has a chance to go five hundred years into the past, she's been super giddy. She went back to her home in England to get some texts on ancient japan. She is an archeologist who graduated college early after all, but she is considering going back to college to get another degree. She wants to be extra prepared."

Ms. Tendo nodded. "That's good. I need to rescue my daughter and continue packing. See you girls later." With that she got up and walked out, stopping to pick up Akane's downed form, Shade was dozing on a streetlight, back to being a chao again. Usagi watched her go. "She's nice" Amy nodded. "I never expected her to be looking at Akane and Nabiki, hell I thought Kasumi was adopted before I met her" Usagi nodded. "So are you all ready?" Amy nodded. "Yes, and you?" Usagi nodded. Usagi put her backpack on the table and Amy cooed. "Isn't that cute." She said, lightly pinching Angel's cheek. Angel wiggled out the way. Usagi giggled. "I couldn't resist. Angel is so cute!"

"Not as cute as Rose though" Rose puffed her chest in mock proud before floating down to the table. It walked over to Angel and stole the pacifier. It wiped it off with a napkin and began sucking it. Angel whimpered and began to cry in an adorably cute way. Usagi picked Angel up and hugged her. "Oh it's okay, cutey" Angel sniffed and glared at Rose, who took the pacifier out, stuck her tongue out and put the pacifier back in. Usagi reached over and took the pacifier from Rose. "Now behave."

Amy giggled, causing Usagi to look up and stick her own tongue out. "Just like raising kids." Usagi said. Amy nodded. "What have the other Senshi said about the trip?" She asked. "Setsuna doesn't mind since she no longer has to set up Crystal Tokyo. She's coming along so that we don't mess up time. Hotaru wants to come because her father is coming" Amy interrupted her. "Wait he was alive five hundred years ago, wouldn't that cause a paradox?" Usagi shook her head. "No, that only happen if he meets himself. He said that he was working on a project for that whole time period while on Saturn, so it shouldn't be a problem. Even if the two do met, he said he has emergency plans."

Amy took another drink. "That's good, what about the other Senshi" Usagi sighed. "Motoko and Minako wants to go to see all the cute boys. Ami is curious to see the past. Michiru is going for the Kimono's and Haruka the weapons." She sighed. "I'm worried, some of them are treating this trip like a shopping trip or a boy search" Usagi ignored the look coming from Amy. "No jokes, I'm being serious. I can feel something big is coming on the horizon. My friends are going to get killed if they mess around in a time where demons didn't hide. What's worse is that there are fragments of a Sealed Chaos Emerald all over ancient Japan. I'm scared, what's worse I that I'm worried about Shadow"

Amy nodded, Usagi wasn't the only one to take to calling Shadow by his real name. "I'm worried too, but this is Shadow we are talking about. Everything will be fine" Another person sat down at their table. "I'm glad Ranma has you too worry about him like that" Ryouga said. Both girls looked at him. "Everyone needs someone to watch their back. Back when I was younger, I was all alone, depressed and angry. I was going nowhere until I met Ranma. He was rude but he was...is my best friend. We may fight a lot but when it matters, we are an unbeatable team." Draco had a beanie on its head and a scarf around it's neck as it sat on Ryouga's shoulder. "Usagi, I want you to drill in the point that this isn't some joyride. People could die, or worse."

Usagi nodded and got up. "I have to go. Aunty Nodoka is going over to my mothers to convince her to let me go on a trip." With that she put her backpack on and walked out with Angel waving goodbye. "I'll be back later for the poetry night!" Amy turned to Ryouga. "What's up" She said. He shrugged. "Chaos is preparing several thousand wards for her trip. Knuckles is training with S.T, and Mousse is getting a massive list of herbs that still exist in the past from Cologne. Sonic is off somewhere training, so I'm bored" Amy nodded. Sonic has barely been seen. The only one to really talk to him was Knuckles and even then all he says is that Sonic is training." Amy nodded. "Me too. What about Tails?" Ryouga shook his head grinning. "He's hanging out with Hotaru, the two are inseparable. They are both excited about the trip too, but her father told them the dangers already and they are still excited.

Ryouga sighed, resting his head on one arm "You feel it too, don't you. I have a bad feeling. It's like the very Earth is warning us about things to come." It began to rain outside. Amy nodded. "I'm not the only one. Usagi feels it too." Ryouga sighed. "Chaos is very worried too, otherwise she wouldn't be making wards of all types and loading her subspace pocket with vast amounts of arrows." They refilled on their drinks. "Rouge should be by to set up for tonight" Amy said. As if her voice summoned her, Rouge walked into the cafe. She was wearing blue jeans, white cut off shirt and a black barre. Her hair was no longer white but an orangish blond. Grim was looking his usually scary self, only this time the Chao had a black broken heart on the skull mask. She wore sunglasses to block her eyes and around her neck was a gothic cross with a heavy chain used to wrap around her neck.

"You look almost normal" Amy said. Rouge smirked, showing her canines were longer. "Oh shut up. I might as well dress prepared for this trip. Long silver hair is going to draw attention. So I decided to dress how I used to, a long time ago, back when I lived in England. Long before I met Knuckles." Amy nodded. "You never did tell us how you met Knuckles." Rouge smirked. "That's a secret only between me and Knuckles." She pulled an orb out of nowhere. "Now lets get decorating, my DimOrb has the perfect one for tonight"

"Is that what you are calling them" Ryouga said as he pulled out one, if one where to look closer into his, they would find a massive dessert. Amy nodded. "It was Shade who named them. He gave Tails blueprints for a weaker version of them for massive storage. He claimed Tails is unprepared to make a full one." Rouge giggled. "That must have upset Tails" Amy nodded. "Ever since then he's been upgrading them to the point where he could store rooms in it, when he isn't around Hotaru or preparing for the trip." All three laughed at the obvious relationship budding between the two younger teens. "Lets get this done"

Rouge lifted her orb into the air "Merge" They room faded away into darkness and the three found themselves in a ballroom of sorts. Painting of all dark things hung on the wall, most of the tables were concealed in darkness, in fact most of everything was in shadows. There was a few expectations. The stage in front, the huge fireplace in the corner and the chandelier made out of pure onyx crystal. Each table had floating candles, just bright enough so no one would trip. It was a very gothic setting. The biggest feature was a transformed Grim sitting in a throne drinking from a goblet of red stuff. Ryouga pointed. "Is that..." Rouge giggled. "No fruit juice. This is a very nice setting."

"Yes it is" The manger said, coming up. He was a male about a year older then them. He had long blond hair that went to his shoulders, and wore a long sleeve white shirt and baggy brown pants that made him look homely. Over his eyes is a large pair of glasses with a gleam that blocked the view of his eyes. "Hey Eric. How's it going?" Rouge said. Eric grinned "It's been very good, ever since you bought the place, I have a chance to go back to high school and finish up so I can go on to college. Hell I no longer have to pay rent in the apartment above in exchange for taking care of the cafe."

He sat down and took a drink. "Ah, nothing beats a fresh cup of joe" Then Setsuna walked in wearing a miniskirt and a loose blouse "On second thought, a nice pair of legs are nice" He was popped in the back of the head. "You're shameless do you know that?" Ryouga said, chuckling after watching the two women bop him in the head. Eric laughed. "But she is hot, if not a little prudish" He didn't see Setsuna's eye twitch and the next thing anyone knew, a staff whacked into his skull" Setsuna glared at the unconscious guy. "Idiot."

Eric stood up and clutched a hand to his chest. "I've been wounded by a beauty. Oh my heart shall never be the same" Setsuna looked at him in amazement. "How did you recover so fast? That was strong enough to knock the average man out." His glasses even had an even bigger gleam in them as he put a finger to his jaw, cocked his head to the side in a pose. At the exact same moment the sun set behind him and made a very dramatic vision. "Because my sweet, I am no average man. I've been a hunter of peace, and chasing the mayfly known as love for many many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search of peace. I meditate, diligently, every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds"

He took his cup and took a sip as he turned and walked back towards the back, leaving four very amazed people. Ryouga was the first the break the silence. "I have to admit, that was pretty badass" The others nodded in agreement. Setsuna was silent, but her face had a slight blush to it. "Wow" She said as she sat down, stunned. Amy and Rouge grinned. "Ahhhh. Does the hardened Time Senshi have a wittle crush?" Setsuna only blushed deeper. "Oh shut up...he is cute" Ryouga sighed as the girls started to discuss men.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

It was nighttime and the cafe was full. All the Senshi, and regular gang were there. Joining them was Cologne, about a dozen Amazons, and students from Furinken. The latter two of course didn't realize who the Senhsi were as they were in their cilivian forms. In the back were the trio of Nodoka, Gerald and Kimiko. The three had a jug of sake and bowls out, whispering quietly but enjoying themselves. Even Sonic was there, but he was oddly silent in a trace. The Amazons and Students couldn't believe the setting inside the medium sized Cafe. All they were told was it was another product from Mobian Corp. In fact the public was excited as they were waiting for the release of the MechaChao. Even more so sense the release his been delayed a bit. Eric, still wearing his ultra casual wear walked up to the stage, right in the spotlight.

He took the microphone and sat on the stool. "Hey, Ladies and Gent, I welcome you to Cafe Gunsmoke. Tonight is a special poetry night that has been enhanced thanks to members of Mobian Co." The spotlight moved to where the members of Mobian Co were sitting. They raised their glasses to the stage and the spotlight went back to Eric. "Now we have a special panel of judges." The spotlight moved to where Grim was earlier only there were several more seats. Shade was there in a smaller version of his dragon form. He was in the seat coiled like a very big snake. Next to him in the next throne chair was Kasumi who was in the lap of a grinning Keitaro, who had several lipstick marks covering his face. And in the last seat was a man no one has seen before. He was in a red suit and a wide rimed red hat. On his eyes where small yellow sunglasses that let his red eyes be seen. In contrast with his red clothes where white gloves that had an elaborate seal on them. Completing the image was a goblet full of red material.

Back in the audience, Amy went to Rouge. "Who is that?" Rouge smiled, "He's my father" She and Knuckles laughed, both sharing a joke that they weren't telling. "He must really like fruit juice" Tails said. Both of them looked at each other and started to laugh harder. "You can say that." Back on the stage, the spotlight was back on Eric. "Now today's first poet is one..." He trailed off to add for effect. "Usagi!"

The spotlight blinked out, when it turned on again, Eric was gone from the stage and in his place was Usagi. She wore a black turtle neck sweater, and somehow she managed to tuck all her hair into her barre. Adding to her looks was black lipstick and eye shadow. Usagi smiled. "Hello everyone. This is my first time doing this so be kind. I call it Why?"

I see you there

Though, I feel you here

Deep in my heart

But you ripped it apart

You tricked me

You're not the person I thought you to be

All I knew was a lie

I beg you, Why?

What really hurts

That despite all our efforts

It wasn't enough

Despite how everything was tough

By you, I was used

My soul is now abused

We used to be able to fly

So high in the sky

Now you made me want to die

I just want to know, Why?

There was silence in the room for about five minutes, and then everyone began snapping. The other Senshi were dumbfounded how deep Usagi was being. Amy was whistling. Usagi got up and wiped a tear off her eye and bowed. "Thank you" She walked out the stage. Unknown to all, outside cafe staring into a window was an old man. He let loose a tear before his mind was gone again and stumbled off into the night time sky. The spotlight blink out again and when it appeared Eric was back on the stage. "Give another hand for Usagi" The spotlight went to the spot Usagi was sitting with Amy. "Now for our next poet. You may know him as he's pretty popular. All the way from China. Msu Tsu, but everyone calls him Mousse" There was a lot of applause, most of it coming from the Amazons and a lot from the females from the Furinken. The only one not clapping was Shampoo, who shrunk back from the glare Cologne gave her.

Again the spotlight blinked out, this time Mousse was there. He wore a simple buttoned up white shirt, black pants. He had wire frame glasses on and a thick leather bound book in his hands. "Hello everyone. Thank you for your support. I call this, A Moment of Truth"

I was a fool

I could see the truth

But all I did was drool

I had and ignored all the proof

She didn't love me

I can see that now

She laughed as she crushed my heart and my groin under her knee

She didn't care when I said ow

I didn't want to believe

I didn't listen when she said I was a joke

I wanted her love, The goal I did not achieve

I was just her dummy to poke

But now I can see

What I really meant to she

And it set me free

It's time to start being me

I no longer want her love

Not even if it was the rarest dove

To my surprise, her I think I loath

Guess what she said she loved me now, That bullet I quickly dove

I no longer have that facial twitch

Now she's a hive I just want to itch

I hate that little witch!

I guess the truth is, I think you're a BITCH!

The crowd roared in response. The other Amazons were roaring with laughter as they saw Shampoo with steam coming out her ears. Even Cologne had to hold in her laughter at her great-granddaughter's expression. "I told you Shampoo, that you should have treated Mousse better." Her cousin, Soap said. "But I like this new Mousse. Such a strong man..."

Mousse bowed and walked off the stage. The spotlight blinked out and Eric took his entrance. "That was powerful work, Mousse. I feel sorry for that girl, but I feel she deserves it, without even knowing her. Now time for our next person. Knuckles!" Another spotlight fade out and in and Knuckle's was on the stage. Rouge suddenly found her throat dry. Knuckles had an open vast on, but wore no shirt underneath to show his muscular chest. Many females swooned, not even caring for the massive scar that ran along his right shoulder to his left hip. Knuckles grinned pushing up his mirror shades to his forehead. "Hey, I call this Rage"

I feel the pain

As my blood drains

And my hearts slows

I feel the anger

The despair

The rage

And with it, Power

I can't be stopped

I refuse to die like this

I won't give up

Not until I meet her again

So abandon all hope

For I will crush you

There's no chance

You can't beat me

I am invincible

So I bleed

But I fight

So I bleed

But I continue

So I bleed

But I'll win.

So I bleed

'Cause I bleed for her

Let her taste my blood

I don't care

Let her consume my soul

I don't care

Let her kill me

I don't care

All that matters is her

All I want is to see her again

So I embrace the anger

So I embrace the despair

So I embrace the power

And with that rage

I refuse to lose

Because in the end

I am invincible

Just for her

So my blood drains

And my heart slows

It won't matter

I am invincible

Just like Usagi and Mousse, Knuckles got a lot of applause. Before he got off the stage, Rouge grabbed him into a massive passionate kiss that had his arms twitching. When she let go of the kiss, he had a goofy grin. Eric was on the stage again. "Now there goes a happy couple." He grinned. "Now time for our next person. Give a hand for Amy!" Amy was dressed in a long sleeved red Chinese shirt and black pants. "Those are Ranma's" Akane said, clearly not happy. She was popped by her mother. "Now behave." Amy grinned to the crowd. "Hello everyone, I call this Love, dedicated to the man I love and really miss"

You are so strong

But you are stronger for me

Thank you for not being a prince

I couldn't handle another prince charming

Rather thank you for being the anti-prince

I laugh when you bitch-slap those wimps.

I know you do it just to cheer me up

Thank you for being you

And letting me being me

Thank you for not trying to turn me into a princess

You love me for me

And that's all I can ask.

More importantly

Thank you for letting me take care of you

Thank you for letting me be your strength

You broke your mask for me

You showed me the real you

And every time I remember

I fall in love with you all over again

Thank you for letting me see you cry

When you would let no one else see that

I thank you for being there

I know I ask to much

But you don't complain

No you laugh and kiss me

Oh don't get me started on the kissing

I die a thousand little deaths each time

But when you kiss my nose

I absolutely melt

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Shadow looked up sky. "I miss you too" He sighed and looked at the fire in the middle of his camp. "Tonight I do this" He pulled duffle bag out of subspace and began changing. The robe and hakuma (AN: Sorry If I got that wrong) Came off and was replaced by black long-sleeved Chinese shirt inscribed with a dragon and black baggy pants to match. He took out a black mask that was featureless except it had seven red eyes arranged in a vertical line on the left side of the mask. He grinned as his gloves grew to cover his arms all the way up to his shoulders to form a thin but very powerful armor.

Shadow put his staff in subspace and replaced it with his sword. "Time to play Shade's Wrath" The sword glowed in response and began to lengthened to about six and the half feet while also becoming half as thin. "Time to test my claw". The transformed sword pulsed and went silent. The fire was put out and the camping equipment and clothing put back into subspace. "I'm messing something" Shadow said to himself. "I got it" He pulled a long black cloak out and put it on, "Very good" He pulled up the hood and it hid his face in shadows. With that Shadow vanished in thin air. The only sound that can be heard is something jumping tree to tree. "I'm coming for you Inuyasha."

Back at Kaede's village, Inuyasha woke with a start. "Something's coming" He jumped down from the tree outside Kaede's hut and ran inside. "WAKE UP!!! SOMETHING IS COMING THIS WAY FAST!" Sango, Miroku and Kagome all woke with a start and began getting ready for combat. Kagome turned to Inuyasha. "I feel a massive amount of Shikon Shards coming straight this way!" Now they were worried. "Is it Naraku?" Miroku asked. "We are going to have to find out" Kagome replied. "I hope it is Naraku, we can end this once and for all." Inuyasha said angrily. "We get to find out, because the Shikon Shards are outside"

They went outside and began looking around, they found nothing, even with Inuyasha's nose. "Kagome wear are the shards" Kagome pointed up into the tree. "Show yourself!!"

The wind speaks

Can you hear it?

The voice came from everywhere, but Kagome whipped her head around to the tree behind them. "It's over there!" She fired a purifying arrow into the tree, but it was cut in half by a flash of metal.

The Power behind the Wind

The ultimate freedom

Kagome turned again. "Its on the roof" They looked up to see nothing there. Sango threw her bone boomerang, but it just past through the spot Kagome pointed out. She caught it. "I hit nothing!"

You cannot defeat the Wind

It is all around. Here, there, Right behind you

Sango's weapon suddenly ripped out her hands and implanted itself into a nearby tree. Kagome pointed to the branches. "Now they are there, what's going on?" Miroku frowned. "It seems that our oppenant can not be seen." He threw a ward on the tree and watched as electricity ran up the tree, but it looked the same

Why do you bother to fight what can't be fought

No matter, the Wind likes to play

Miroku was knocked clear across the clearing in front of Kaede's hut. He groaned and got to his feet. "So you want to play? Okay then, Air Void! Lets take all the wind away" A huge vacuum sucked up many leaves and branches from the tree. All of a sudden a set of rosary beads appeared out of nowhere and was sucked into the Air Void. Miroku collapsed to the ground in pain as the Air Void painfully closed itself up halfway. He would say it was a blessing later but the pain right now was driving him insane.

And then sometimes not

Sometimes the wind wants to destroy

Kagome's bow turned into splinters as did Miroku's staff. Inuyasha lost his temper. "IF YOU ARE SO BAD, WHY DON'T YOU SHOW YOURSELF YOU BASTARD!!!" The air began to shift in one point as a tornado appeared on the ground. When it cleared, it show a figure in all black with his face covered by a hood. In his hands was the longest sword Inuyasha ever seen.

I am the wind

Before of my strikes.

"I'm ruler of the northern lands, the great demon NekoTachi and I challenge you. The person flipped back the hood to reveal a mask. Inuyasha frowned. "What are the stakes" NekoTachi reached into his cloak and pulled out something everyone recognized. It was a quarter of the Shikon no Tama only it was glowing blue rather then it's milky white appearance. "If you defeat me, I'll give you an unsealed portion of the Shikon no Tama." Kagome blinked. "Unsealed Portion? What do you mean unsealed portion?"

"The Shikon no Tama is sealed so even if you had it, one could only use ten percent of it's power. This portion I unsealed, which grants more power than completed seal Shikon no Tama." Miroku was suspicious. "Wait a minute. A demon name Naraku has most of the Shikon no Tama how did you get a portion?" NekoTachi laughed. "Simple, I took it from him"

Inuyasha was feeling worried, but this was the chance to get a portion of the Shikon no Tama. "What do you get if you win? Our shards?" NekoTachi shook his head. "No, I win and I get Tetsusaiga" Inuyasha was about to refuse when Kagome grabbed him. She met Miroku and Sango in a group huddle. "I say we should take it" Sango said. Miroku was still looking at his hand. "He managed to seal a part of my Air Void, we have to be careful" Kagome smiled. "Besides Inuyasha can beat him, he does have the ultimate move down and the ability to cut through barriers." Inuyasha grinned. "I can beat this chump"

Inuyasha stood. "Okay I'll take your challenge, provided you don't go invisible again and don't use the power of the Shikon chunk you have." NekoTachi nodded and the portion of the Shikon no Tama he had was surrounded by a black energy orb. NekoTachi got into stance, his long sword lined with his arms. "Come on, pup" Inuyasha growled and charged in with the transformed Tetsusaiga.

NekoTachi dodged the swing. "Is that all you do, just swing without any skill?" Inuyasha roared and slashed down, a large energy blade coming out the blade. NekoTachi just moved his hand and parried the attack. The energy blade decapitated a nearby tree. "I want a challenge from the great Inuyasha. Show me your power." Inuyasah dashed close and swung his sword at NekoTachi's neck. His hand blurred and Inuyasha found his blade blocked by NekoTachi's thin sword.

"Your fang can't beat my claw." NekoTachi moved his hand and Tetsusaiga was pushed back into the air, leaving Inuyasha's torso open. Inuyasha winced as the sword cut a shallow wound on his chest. "I could have just cut you in half, fight better" Inuyasha jumped back and placed a hand on his chest, breathing hard "What did you do to me?" NekoTachi pointed to his blade. "I didn't my claw did. Shade's Wrath is a sword of curses. With one cut I can inflict many curses on you, so I choose Posion. I figure your demon side will purge it from your body with the right herbs but it's going to keep spreading until it achieves my desired effect. Be glad I made it to just knock you out. Now fight"

Inuyasha growled in rage. "You can't beat me. Wind Scar!" A tornado of Youki formed around Tetsusaiga and he swing his attack that can destroy a hundred demons in one swing. NekoTachi didn't make him move to dodge. "Impressive, but not enough" A barrier of black energy appeared in front of him and easily blocked Tetsusaiga. Inuyasha growled. He just blocked his attack just like Naraku did. "Can you even get past my shield?" Inuyasha smirked as he charged, ignoring the pain in his torso. "Let me show you" The blade of his sword pulsed and turned blood red as Inuyasha jumped up and brought his blade down onto the barrier

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

"Miroku what are you doing?" Kagome said as he approached the energy ball holding the Shikon Chunk. "If we can get that chunk, We can have Inuyasha retreat." Sango sighed. "So you suggest that we break our deal, take the shard and run away?" Miroku nodded just as he touched the energy sphere and was promptly electrocuted. Kagome laughed. "Like you think it was going to be that easy." She walked up to the orb. "What you think that if I poke it with an arrow the shield will brake, what a laugh" She did so and watched as the orb popped and the Shikon chunk fell into her hand "Ummm..." She turned. "INUYASHA! LETS GET GOING" And they began running

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

"Your friends just broke our honorable deal." The barrier disappeared, not because Inuyasha broke it, but because he let it go. Tetsesaiga continued on it's path to NekoTachi's head, until he caught it to Inuyasha's amazement. "You shall pay now. I give you two curses" His sword whipped out and slashed Inuyasha on the claw. "Your friends have ten days to return what is mine or you will suffer" With that a hurricane appeared and launched Inuyasha into the sky in the direction of his allies. "I never expected them to go so low." He paused. "But that Wind Scar technique, I like it."

With that NekoTachi walked off. He paused and looked to his left. "Yes Naraku, all that's true, I know how to unleash the Shikon No Tama's real power. If you want me to do it for your portions, you'll have to defeat me in battle. I don't feel like helping the pup now that he broke a honorable deal with me." With that the wind picked up and a bunch of leaves conceal NekoTachi. When it cleared he was gone. Seconds later a demon bee flew out the bush and into the sky.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

"Where is he" Kagome said waiting for Inuyasha to catch up. She was holding the Shikon chunk they just got. "I can't believe how much power it has. I never felt anything like this" Sango nodded. "NekoTachi did said he unsealed the power." Kagome paled. "We just stole from him, what if he decides to side with Naraku and unseal his portions." All three humans paled and Sango whacked Miroku with her weapon. "This is your fault you stupid monk!"

Their argument ended when Inuyasha came crashing to the ground. "Inuyasha" He got up and winced from the posion. "I'm okay, but what was the big idea! I got two curses because you broke a duel of Honor!! He said we have ten days to return it or else" Kagome winced. "I don't know what came over me, but this portion is so strong. I couldn't leave it in his hands." She pulled out her supplies and began dressing Inuyasha's cuts to help drive off the posion. "So what about these curses? Aren't you worried?"

Inuyasha laughed. "I'm not scared of any stupid curses" He raised a fist into the air. "I'll beat you for insulting me" At that point his closed fist turned to stone. His eyes widen. "What the hell!!!" Kagome stepped back stunned. "Your hand just turned to stone. Is this the curse?"

Miroku frowned. "My guess is that its going to spread until it turns you into a statue" Kagome started to freak. "We're going to have to find him!!" Inuyasha sat to the ground dazed as he looked at his stone fist.

Miroku frowned. "I wonder what the other curse was"

In response to his question, it began to rain. Everyone gasped as they saw Inuyasha change forms... "Oh my god" Kagome muttered as she dropped her first aid kit. Inuyasha looked up "What's wrong" Kagome shuttered as she pointed "Inu-Inu-Inuyasha you're a...

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

"Thanks for coming tonight. Our poetry portion is over, our winner Usagi!" Usagi smiled and nodded. "What a great night, but it's not over. Right now its time for partying." The spotlight blinked out and when it came on again. Sonic stood there with a saxophone in his hand. "Hello ladies and gent get ready to dance." The tables disappeared and Sonic began playing and he was very good. Several boys from Furinken approached the Senshi, Usagi espacilly. One came to Usagi, "Would you like to...um...dance with me?" Usagi smiled and shook her head. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to dance with her" She said pointing to Amy. Amy blinked and pointed to herself. Usagi nodded and the two left the area to the dance floor. The boy turned to stone and shattered away, or at least his self-esteem did.

"I knew it" Michiru said as her love put a wad of cash in her hand. "You win love...so what should we bet on next" Michiru grinned. "I bet that Shadow would let us get a turn with him" Haruka grinned. "I'll take that bet. I win you have to dress like a boy for a month" Michiru blinked and shrugged. "Fine, but if I win, your my little love slave" Haruka flushed red. "Win-Win situation, I'm in" Setsuna sighed. "My friends, the nymphos." The two giggled. "Don't forget we're also slightly perverted." Haruka said as she and her love left for the dance floor. Setsuna nodded "I know, I know"

She sighed watching Rouge dance with Knuckles and Ryouga dance with Chaos. Hotaru was giggling as she danced with an awkward Tails. Amy and Usagi were as graceful as angels. Kasumi was dancing passionately with Keitaro, occasional enagaging in a liplock. Mousse was getting several proposals as well. Even her fellow Senshi were dancing with some boys. Motoko and Minako though were proposing to Mousse in more than one way. Gerald was switching back and forth from dancing with Nodoka and Kimiko. "I'm so alone" She muttered as she watched her friends have a good time.

"So then lets solve that problem." Eric said as he sat down next to her. Setsuna smiled. "So what are you going to do about it, Eric?" Eric grinned and held out his hand. "Lets go cut the rug" Setsuna giggled as she took his hand. "The floor is wood" Eric smiled as he lead her to the dance floor "Whatever"

Shade watched his friends from his place on the throne, opting to watch. He turned to the person two seats down. "So you're Rouge's father?" The man nodded. "You can say that in certain ways...I took her in after a bad time." He chuckled. Shade nodded. "So how do you feel about her going into the past?" He shrugged. "Just more fun, she has all the time in the world to do whatever she wants." Shade nodded. "Okay just one more question, what do you really look like?" The man grinned "Curious aren't you. Fine" His eyes glowed and Shade's did in response. "Whoa" The man chuckled. "Yeah it's cool isn't it. I'm going back to England tonight, but I would like to have two of those Chao eggs. One for me and my master"

Shade nodded and produced two eggs. The first one instantly turned blood red when he touched them while the other remained white, but on both of them were the seal that were on his gloves. "Tell her bye for me" He said as he melted into the shadows and was gone. Shade nodded. "I'm so going to ask how to do that.

Akane growled sitting at her table, not one boy asked her to dance. Even her sisters have someone. Nabiki had grabbed Kuno and Kasumi was dancing with that pervert Keitaro. She would have took her mallet and punt him somewhere had Kasumi not warned her with her war hammer not to. "It sucks doesn't it" Her mother said resting between dancing. "What do you mean mom?" Ms. Tendo pointed to the crowd. "They don't trust you and few like you because of how you been acting towards them." She pointed to Amy and Usagi. "Let me guess you think those two are being perverts" Akane nodded. "Of course, that's just sick and wrong."

Ms. Tendo sighed. "So you think I'm sick?" Akane jerked her head at her mother. "What?" She muttered. "I'm bi, sweetie. Long before I met your father, me and Nodoka used to do everything together, even share the same man occasionally. We're best friends who love each other that much. It's all love dear, you need to calm down and see the bigger picture." Akane frowned. "What bigger picture?" She was confused. Her mother isn't a pervert, right? "That they are happy, it may bother you, but that gives you no right to damn them for it. In fact I starting to think you are so angry all the time because you are holding things in. Maybe you want to be like them"

Akane's eyes widen as a small blush appeared on her face. "What! NO! Of course not! I'm not a pervert, not like them and Ranma!" Her mom sighed. "Dear, don't lie to me, I can see it. I heard the story of how you met Ranma and what I think is that you fell in love with Ranma's girl side and when you found out she was really a he, you were confused and took it out on him. " Akane shook her head. "No that's wrong. I hate him, I wish him dead sometimes." Ms. Tendo frowned. "I think you doth protest to much, but you need to realize, you lost him. He's never coming back to you. I don't want you to end up alone, but you are going to drive off anyone you love if you keep on acting the way you do." With that she got up and went back to dancing and leaving her daughter lost in confusion.

On the dance floor the music slowed down to a slow dance. Eric leaned in. "Are you having fun?" Setsuna nodded. "Yes I am thank you" Eric grinned. "I just one thing" Setsuna cocked an eyebrow. "Yyesss?" His smile widen. "I want you to live" She blinked in confusion. "What?" He nodded. "Yes I want you to live and enjoy life from now on. To many times I seen you walk past this shop with the weight of the world on you shoulders. I'm glad the burden seems to be gone, but now you look lost. So I want you to do me this favor and live each day to the fullest." Setsuna nodded. "I'll try to do that" He grinned. "Actually there is one more thing" He leaned in and kissed her.

"You're shameless" She said after he let go. He nodded. "That I am" And so the night went on full of dancing and merriment. For the normal people of Nerima it was just a good time, but for a few it was a break from the dangers that lie ahead. A calm before the storm. The signs are appearing where things are going to change everything again.

Read and Review.