Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth

A/N: I could let you readers wait long so here is a treat. This is the end for the Second Arc. After this, like I side, I'll work on several side stories, dealing with the Love Hina portion. Oh I know about the transformation is Super, but Hyper gives Shadow some divergence from Sonic. Let Sonic keep Super.

I've made a choice too, after the next arc, I'm going to include Tenchi Muyo and let me clear some things up

1) Nodoka will not, and I repeat will not be related to the Masaki Family

2) Ranma will not getting Light Hawk Wings or changed into Masu

3) Nor will any of the Tenchi Girls will fall in love with Ranma, read that too many times

4) This will be big, very big.

5) Characters you think you seen the last of will be coming back.

6) The third arc will start when I say so, but don't be sad.

Chapter 20: Aftermath

The crowd was stunned into silence. Never before have they seen something this extreme. A mini tornado of red and black energy appeared into the podium where the contestants first left from. It cleared to reveal all the contestants, looking perfectly healthy considering that several were dead and dying. Nodoka had dropped the mic at her son's disappearance, but picked it up. "We have a winner, and like last time Ranma Saotome is the winner. The prize, the treasure that you see before you and the Chaos Emerald which he claimed." The crowd started roaring as they looked at the treasure that came with the fighters. Gold, Silver, rare gems, old weapons and many scrolls. There were a huge amount of large gold rings that floated in the air.

The audience cheered and began going for the exits as the announcers thanked them for their time and look for future things from Mobian corp. There would be a lot of news about this race, but for those that were contestants they have other things to be concerned about. Amy was rubbing the spot were a sword had pierced her, not even finding a scar. "I'm alive? How? The last thing I remember is taking the blow for Sha...Wait! Where's Shadow!!" She was about to start looking around when something appeared in front of her. It was her Guardian Emerald.

"I gave him this. It should be where he is. Where is he?" She said to herself while clutching the Emerald to her self. Her Chao, Rose of Hearts or just Rose, floated in front of her and started gesturing that she look in that direction. She did so and found a different looking Shade, looking around. "Where are you Shadow?" He said, looking very lost. Amy walked over after taking her emerald back into herself and took him into her arms. "Shh. It's okay Shade"

He shook his head. "I can't sense Shadow anymore. I am...was connected to him. I can't feel him. Shadow's gone" Amy hugged him tighter as her Chao sat on her head. "It's okay." Shade shook his head. "No it isn't and here's why" Shade pulled out Shadow's Guardian Emerald.

Amy grew that much more worried, but still stayed calm. "It'll be okay. Shadow is a survivor." Shade frowned as it retook the Emerald. Amy sighed. "Shade what happened? How am I and the others still alive?"

By now everyone was listening to this conversation except the Senshi who were still dazed and Chaos who had fainted from being overwhelmed by what she saw. Shade frowned but began. "The Senshi, while under mind control had killed Tails and Saturn and Shadow was too distressed over that to listen to his danger sense. Sonic had took the blow meant to kill him and ended up with a broken spine. He saw that you were in trouble and when he saved you from the Senshi's attack you were bleeding heavily. He took out his medkit to bandage you up when one of the Senshi stabbed at his back. You turned him around and took the blow yourself. You gave him your Guardian Emerald before dying. Enraged, Shadow used the combined powers of the Guardian Emeralds to turn into Hyper Shadow"

There were several gasps. The rest of the Emerald had just appeared before them. Each one at their respective partners. Also the fact that Shadow had gone Hyper. They didn't know it was possible when they were reborned. Shade continued. "He took out the rest of the Senshi before going after Sailor Moon, who was going after the Chaos Emerald. What followed was a high paced, high energy battle, where it was pretty even. Moon pissed off Shadow even more and that caused him to remember his name and to trigger it." The others had a confused look on their faces. "It?" Shade nodded. "He claimed the Chaos Emerald during the last exchange of blast and he transformed again"

Everyone was shocked. Sonic was the one to speak. "Wait a minute! He was already Hyper Shadow, what do you mean transformed??" Shade chuckled. "The Chaos Emerald holds energy that outclasses the Guardian Emeralds. When he tapped the energies, he turned into his next form, Mega Shadow" Shade's eyes glowed and on the monitor above, a picture of Mega Shadow appeared. "Whoa" More than one person said. The screen then began to display the last of the fight between Sailor Moon and Mega Shadow, and saw how he killed her.

The screen stopped at Mega Shadow looking at all the damage done. "He was so depressed at what he done, and while he was unused to the massive energies of the Chaos Emerald he used an attack" The screen began to play at Mega Shadow holding his hands out, palms pointed up and they heard his words. "Hyper Chaos Control!" Everyone gasped as the wave of chaos energy restored everyone and drove out the Geas placed on the Senshi. Than when that was done, they saw him teleport them out the room before sinking into a portal that appeared underneath him. "And than he was gone, but he triggered the Ascension Protocols on me and all your MechaChao. They are now real Chao and I've evolved into my next form."

Everyone was dumbfounded. "Hyper Chaos Control?" Sonic whispered to himself. "But where is Shadow?" Amy asked worried. Shade shook his head, looking very depressed, "I don't know." Then his eyes blinked as something just came to him. He started growling and a black and red glow surrounded his body. Amy was forced to let go because of the massive heat Shade was producing. "I just remembered who's fault is was that the Senshi were possessed.

He began floating to Sailor Moon and the other Senshi who had recovered during his recounting. She was crying in Tuxedo Mask's arms as he comforted her. "Sailor Moon" She looked up with tears in her eyes. In fact most of them were crying even Pluto. She walked up to the others and got on her knees prostrating herself. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't control my body. There is not enough words to express the sorrow me and my Senshi feel for this. We killed in the name of a possible future. It's not right, it's just not right. Even worse is that the person that stopped us is gone, vanishing somewhere in order to right the wrongs that the Senshi did." The other Senshi nodded in agreement. "I just wish to find who was the monster that put us under their control like that"

Shade noticed Tuxedo Mask looking very smug. It was obvious that he didn't pay attention to Shade while bragging at Shadow. "You should see this" The picture of Mega Shadow was replaced with the conversation between Shadow and Tuxedo mask before the race started. Tuxedo Mask paled as the video went on. The Senshi stared in horror as the video kept on playing over and over and over again, driving it into their skulls what their ally did to them.

"Moon, don't believe that demon, it's all lies." He said. "After all why would I, your prince would do something like this to the girl he loves and her friends?" It was doing no good as the tears on her face stopped and her eyes widened, he could see her pupils dilate. Then Moon's ocean blue eyes turned ice cold. "You horrible, terrible, evil little man" She whispered, it was loud enough so that everyone heard. "I can't believe you did this to me. You betrayed me...you made me stain my...no our hands with the blood of the innocent. It doesn't matter that they were brought back, we still killed them in cold blood. All because of you, how dare you" Tuxedo Mask backed up holding his hands out in the warding position. "I did it for our future. Crystal Tokyo, where we rule. If you got the Chaos Emerald no one could stop you!! All I really did was give you a push to do whatever it took. The Silver Crystal began glowing brighter and brighter. "I see you for real now" Tuxedo Mask backed up, his costume starting to smoke when he backed up into something.

He turned to see Moon's Chao, Angel of Light or Angel for short started glowing a bright silver. Moon kept on talking "I loved you and this is what I get for that love? ENSLAVED" Angel began changing. She curled up and massive silver wings made out of energy surrounded her. They opened to reveal a silver haired version of Moon wearing a long flowing robe, holding a massive sword surrounded by a white aura. This is Angel's alternate form, triggered by Moon's Silver Crystal. The wings turned real and the symbol of the moon appeared on Angel's head. If one would look into her eyes, they would see solid blue.

Moon also changed. Her fuku turned to ribbons and reformed into an white evening gown as the Silver Crystal bloomed like a flower. It hovered in front of Sailor Moon, now Princess Serenity's chest. Her hair also turned into silver only it glowed and blinding those who would look directly into it. "I never knew you, but now I see." Tears began again "Out of what we had in the past all I will do is take the Golden Crystal" Her hands glowed and Tuxedo Mask clutched his chest in pain as a golden gem came out his body forcibly and landed in Serenity's open hand.

"My Senshi will not attack you out of the help you have given to us in the past, but never approach us again. You are dead to us Tuxedo Mask"

She changed back to Moon and began weeping. Angel frowned and floated over to Moon and took her into her arms as Moon began crying even harder. A scream drew everyone's attention to Tuxedo Mask, his clothes were glowing golden and streams of energy seemed to escape from him. He was holding himself as to keep himself together. Next, his clothes broke off his body like glass shards and floated into the air before dissipating. Soon he was just wearing jeans and a buttoned up shirt and was on his knees crying while holding a red rose. Soon the rose broke into glowing shards and it too dissipated. On his forehead, the symbol for earth appeared and it to lifted off his head and broke into pieces. This pieces did not vanish. It was all that remained of Tuxedo Mask, all that was left was the wreck known as Mamoru Chiba.

The Senshi turned away from him crying his lungs out, it didn't matter anymore. "They may not do something to you, but that doesn't mean I won't!!" The still glowing Shade said menacingly. "YOU CAUSED SHADOW TO GO AWAY!!!! You'll learn why my name is Divine Shade!!" An egg of energy surrounded Shade, like when he takes his Dragon from, only this egg was red with black slashed marks. I grew to the size of a tank before it split opened again to reveal Shade's new form.

He was now a massive red tiger with black stripes and the fur was arranged in spikes that leaned back. His fangs looked massive as did his claws. His eyes were swirls of black and red. The gloves and shoes changed to surround his legs in metal. Several Upgrade Rings floated and surrounded the tip of his tail before shrinking over the tail like bracelets, about ten of them were there. Shade roared and the whole place shook. "You shall pay" His voice came from everywhere. The wind began to pick up in the area.

Everyone was dumbfounded at this new change. Mamoru eye's widened in horror as he got to his feet and started running. "It'll do no good" A barrier of wind appeared in front of Mamoru and he slammed into hard enough to dislocate his shoulder. "I am lord of the Wind. I am everywhere. You can not stop me, stupid man. You'll pay." Shade pounced and landed in front of his prey. Mamoru had to look up in order to see Shade's head. Shade quickly lashed out his paw, slashing Mamoru's face.

He screamed in pain. On his face the cuts were glowing black. "I curse you to live forever as an old, weak, half-senile, half blind, half dead old man." Instantly, the glow on the cuts covered his whole body. When it cleared, Mamoru was a decrypted old frail man. Through the wrinkles of skin that used to be his face, one could see the cuts turn into horrid scars. He started walking off in any direction, lost to the world. Tiger Shade was panting, not out of fatigue, but anger. He rested body on the ground and stared at everyone. "I didn't kill him, you should be glad of that."

Everyone was stunned, what kind of power did Shade possess? He already has a dragon form, but now a tiger? What's next? Their attention was drawn by the whimper, "I want Uncle Shadow!" They turned to see the Senshi of Saturn crying. Shade's eyes widen as he began to approach Hotaru. "You remember?" She nodded and hugged his head, not even fearful of his form and kept on crying. "It's not fair. Daddy isn't here, now Shadow's gone!!!" The other Senshi were confused. "What is she talking about?" Uranus asked. "Her father was taken over by that demon and died." Pluto shook her head. "She was adopted at the age of four. I think she's talking about her father in the Silver Millennium. The King of Saturn. Saturn was under populated and the conditions harsh, so the King was also a great scientist and was allowed a lot of freedom"

"I was so much more" A voice said behind them. The Senshi didn't know who he was, but the others that lived in Nerima knew him well. "Happosai!" Hotaru looked up, looking extremely happy. Happosai nodded and began changing, soon their was a man in his forties with orangish red hair that had purple highlights that matched Hotaru's hair color. Floating over his head was a Chao, it had gloves and shoes like Shade but on it's head was a massive horn. "I hate that title, King of Saturn. I am Professor Gerald Happosai Robotnik and that's my daughter. Hotaru Maria Robotnik" Sonic and the others paled at his last name. Hotaru squealed and jumped into his arms. "Daddy!" Shade had nodded, already knowing that he was back.

Sonic gulped. "Di-Di-Did you just say Robotnik" He nodded, "I see by your reactions you met my great grandson" They nodded and he sighed. "He was always a little disturbed." He shrugged. "So Shadow used his Mega Form" Sonic stared at him "You knew that there was an higher form?" He shrugged again. "Of course, who do you think sealed away the Chaos Emeralds to keep the Senshi or any other evil force from using them? Shadow and I of course." There was silence and Pluto was the one to speak. "You mean you kept away a power source that would have saved everyone!!!" He nodded.

"Of course. Power corrupts absolutely and besides the Silver Millennium Empire wasn't that good. You and the others were princesses so you didn't see how your people lived. They were poor, diseased and barely living in poverty. Why do you think Saturn had no palace, even though I was known as the King of Saturn, the people ruled themselves. It was one of the most stable planets in the empire, but was ignored by the nobility because we didn't act high class and our power made us feared. To the people of the empire considered Saturn to be a paradise. Had you even one Emerald, things would only get better for those on top. Shadow and I realized this and sealed them away." He turned to Uranus and Neptune. "If you don't mind, I would like to catch up to my daughter. Thank you very much for taking care of her."

Neptune and Uranus nodded uncertain, but gave in at seeing the look on Saturn's face. They shared a similar weakness to Shadow as they could never ignore the puppy dog look. Neptune gave him an address. "Just drop her off, later" He nodded. "Okay then Neon Pegasus, lets go" The Chao floating around him nodded and began to change. Everyone was treated to the sight of a rainbow winged white unicorn landing on the ground with armor covering vital spots. "Cool huh?" Hotaru said as she got on behind her father. "We'll see you at the Saotome Residence later!" Her father called out as Neon took off and flew in the air, leaving those gaping.

Soon everyone found themselves at the Saotome Manor, Nodoka realizing that they may be in shock from what happened. So they all sat in the living room in front of a roaring fire and wrapped in blankets. Rouge and Chaos were sitting in the laps of their boyfriends while Sonic, Tails and Mousse sat ina circle on the floor recounting the ruins. Amy sat in a love chair in the corner that was turned away from everyone. What she was doing couldn't be seen but the occasional sniffle could be heard form there. Lara was in one of the guest rooms taking a nap. The Senshi sat in a close circle surrounding their leader who now was embracing Angel who had reverted back to her Chao form. All the other Chao were either floating, sleeping or in the kitchen getting something to eat, except for Shade. He had stayed in his tiger form. He was now only twice the size of an average tiger and his fur was no longer spiky but silky smooth. He was in a ball in the center of the room staring at the fire.

"Shade?" Sonic began and shut up when he saw him turn around and growl, showing rows of sharp deadly teeth. "F**K OFF DUMBASS" Shade growled before turning back to the fire. Sonic was shaking, but quickly hid it. "Shade that isn't very polite" Nodoka Saotome said as she entered the room holding a tray full of drinks. Shade didn't respond to her. Nodoka turned to everyone. "He's a little cranky, about my son disappearing." Everyone didn't voice the 'little' comment. Mousse looked at the Saotome Matriarch. "Why aren't you worried about Ranma"

She shrugged. "Why should I be. I feel in my heart that my son is okay and that is all that matters. This is just another one of his adventures and besides, this is my son your talking about. He's a survivor."

Those listening felt slightly better, but Nodoka had noticed Amy and had walked over. "You okay dear?" She didn't turn around, but shook her head. "He's gone again. I'm alone, again. This isn't right" Nodoka bent down and hugged Amy. "Shh. That's fool talk you're speaking. My son isn't dead, just somewhere else. I know for a fact that you're in his heart. So you shouldn't lose hope, because you're not alone." Amy sniffed again this time loud enough to draw attention to Rose, who floated down onto the table next to Amy and began to do a little dance. Amy giggled and pat her new partner on the back of her head. "Feeling better?" She nodded and hugged Nodoka, "Thank you."

Nodoka nodded and took an empty seat and began reading her book again. Amy got up and walked over to Shade before laying on his body. Shade growled and looked up; his growl died when he saw who it was. "You feel the same way" Amy whispered. "I've never been apart from Shadow, this is the first time it happened." Amy just sat down and leaned against Shade. "He's fine. I would feel it had he died, no matter where he is." Amy sighed in relief. "How do you have such a connection with Shadow?" Shade shrugged. "I was in his soul for so long, I mean in his soul. I sealed myself inside Shadow's body long ago, and had been connected to his soul for so long, we've bonded on a deeper level."

Amy was about to ask more when Sailor Moon came over, holding Angel and without her Senshi. "Mind if I sit?" She asked, Shade shrugged and she sat down next to Amy, absorbing the heat coming from Shade's body. "How you're doing Sailor Moon?" Amy asked. Moon raised her hand. "I can trust you, call me by my name, Usagi" Amy nodded. "So Usagi, are you okay?" She shook her head. "I'm not, but I will be. I should be asking you that though" Amy laughed. "No you shouldn't. It was that moron, that did that to you."

Usagi nodded. "I just never expected to be betrayed by my prince. He's saved my life so many times, only to stab me in the back." Amy frowned, "You shouldn't rely on a prince to save you when you needed help, it only takes one time for them to not save you when you most needed them. You should rely on yourself and your friends, when needed." Usagi nodded. "You sound like you have experienced this." Amy nodded. "I learned a long time ago, that I shouldn't be a princess, doing nothing but wait for their prince to come and slay the bad guy." She took a glance at Sonic but Usagi didn't catch this. "The prince I waited for didn't come until it was too late."

Tears began to form at the corners of Usagi's eyes. "Then tell me, does the hurt go away? The hurt runs so deep it rest in my heart. It hurts so much." Amy nodded. "The hurt won't go away, you'll always remember it, you'll grow and learn, but you'll never forget." Usagi smiled and hugged Amy, "Thank you." Amy grinned. "No problem." She paused before continuing. "You know, not many people would approach Shade, when he's pissed. Things seemed to blow up when like that." Shade snorted, Usagi shook her head. "Shade wouldn't do anything to me, he's exactly like Ranma." She reach up and began scratching him behind the ears. "He's just a softy, aren't you?" Shade purred softly and went to sleep.

Usagi smiled before picking up Angel. "She changed into an near identical version of me. How did that happen?" Usagi had spoken loud enough to alert everyone. Tails spoke first. "I think I can explain how, but not why. You see Ranma built the MechaChao to be as advance as possible. When we activated them, they bounded themselves to us, therefore taking forms that reflect our souls. At the last days of production, Ranma wrote a program called the Ascension Protocols. I figure that with the right means. The chao can accesses different bodies in their personal subspace pocket. Also these bodies are all depending on the chao's partner. I'll show you."

He summoned his guardian emerald and Kit floated in front of him. Tails tossed it and seconds later, everyone was looking at Kit's alternate form, smaller to fit into the room. "I thought that the Chao only had one alternate body, but Shade disproved that theory earlier today. I figure that best thing people should do is go into the Saotome's massive backyard and see what these alternate bodies are."

"You are just as smart as Ranma said you are." Said a voice behind him. They turned to see the form of Gerald and Hotaru, now in civilian form grinning widely. Hotaru was wearing simple black jeans and a purple cutoff shirt. Gerald watched as Tails blushed and grinned evilly internally. "You got a lot of potential Tails." Gerald removed his coat to reveal brown slacks, vest and a white shirt buttoned up. Neon was on his head in the style that so many chao seem to do. Hotaru's chao, Violet Death was also on her partners head, yawning, bored out her mind.

Hotaru ran over and hugged the tiger form of Shade. "Hey Shade-chan, lets go play!" Those who experienced Shade's bad mood prayed for the girl and were very surprised when the tiger rolled his eyes, but stood up. Hotaru jumped on his back and in a blur of purple, red and black the two were gone. Neptune and Uranus gasped at the disappearing act. Gerald rolled his eyes. "Come on, the two are in the back yard" With that said, he turned and walked out. Soon the others followed with their chao.

The backyard of the Saotome manor wasn't a backyard to say, but a clearing that had paths that lead to a massive forest. They found Kasumi and her guest, Keitaro laying in a hammock watching the scene in front of them. Keitaro was gaping rather and Kasumi had a glint in her eye. In front of them was a blur that was everywhere, with it was the joyed screams of Hotaru as Shade, bounced from tree to tree as fast as possible. Nodoka walked up to the hammock and grinned at the two young adults in there. "Why Kasumi, I trust you are having fun?" Kasumi nodded, looking at the Chao floating before her. "So those are the MechaChao, Ranma was working on." Nodoka nodded. "Most impressive, but you have to call them real chao now."

Keitaro was amazed. "I pray Su, never meets Ranma, the things he could teach her," He had a disturbing vision of a turtle that changed into Godzilla. Kasumi chuckled, having met the young genius. "I was wondering, are there any more eggs?" At that point Shade stopped in front of the three people talking, appearing out of nowhere and startling them. Hotaru got off to clear the dizziness in her head, but just tittered backwards onto the ground and started laughing.

"Ranma, made a bunch of eggs, not knowing how many would compete. Would you like one?" They nodded and several eggs appeared in front of them. Nodoka took hers and it disappeared into her sleeves. "Aunty, I never knew you knew hidden weapons." Kasumi said as she placed hers and Keitaro's eggs nearby. Nodoka smirked, "There are a lot of things you don't know about me."

"That there is Ms. Saotome." Gerald said walking behind them. "Those Chao eggs should hatch within a week, but for now we should see the other's alternate forms. I have to say, I'm curious." They nodded and began to walk towards the others. All of them, but Tails was nervous. "So what do we do?" Rouge asked. Gerald grin. "All the Chao needs is a massive boost of energy. For those with the guardian emeralds, all it takes is to feed the Chao the emerald. Don't worry you'll get it back.

As for the martial artist, It'll take the energy that of a massive ki attack. And for the Senshi I believe all you have to do is channel your energy into your partner rather than yourselves."

"It's that easy?" Sonic said right before Kit turned into his alternate form. The giant multi-tailed fox went off into one of the paths that lead to the forest. Knuckles seeing this shrugged. "Okay S.T., lets try this out." Rouge turned to him "S. T.? What does that mean?" Knuckles smiled as he tossed his emerald. "I'll tell you one day" He said before watching the change. The gauntlets on the Chao turned to liquid and soon the whole Chao was surrounded in a metal eggs. It grew and pulsed several times before it turned to liquid and S.T's new form grew out the metal egg. It was as big as a red wood tree. "A metal golem" Knuckles said as he looked at his partners new form. It resembled a knight only it had large versions of Knuckle's gauntlets. There were spikes running throughout the whole thing and the helmet was shaped like that of a demon. The portion where usually the upper face could be seen was nothing but darkness except two glowing brownish red eyes. "Most impressive. I want to see you in action."

Nodoka grinned and pointed to the paths. "Take one of the paths, each one would lead to a training area" Knuckles nodded his thanks before jumping onto S.T's shoulders. The golem revealed that it's massive size didn't mean it was slow either. In a blur both were gone.

"My turn, my turn!" Hotaru said. She pulled out her pen. "SATURN POWER!" She grinned as a purple beam of energy shot out her pen and hit her partner. Violent was replaced by a massive glowing symbol of Saturn. The symbol faded and everyone was looking at an identical copy of Shade's dragon form, only colored purple and the characters on it's body was black. Also it was only 3/4 the size of Shade's dragon form. Hotaru grinned. "Cool, just like Shade-chan!" She jumped onto her partner and soon, the two were zooming through the air into the forest.

"I guess it's my turn." Rouge said as she summoned her emerald. She tossed it to her partner, "Time to work Grimundus Rex" The skull enlarged, covering the Chao's whole body. Soon the skull contorted it's jaw into a smile and started to crack into pieces that disappeared. Several people backed up. Grim was now a ten foot tall demon with massive leathery wings. It's face was something that even a mother couldn't love. It yawned showing large sharp fangs, with two being the longest to give it a vampire-like look. It stretched showing it had contracting claws and it beat it's large spiked tail on the ground making indentations in the ground. The Senshi were nervous as it looked scarier than many of the enemies they fought. Rouge on the other hand, her eyes widened and tears escaped her eyes. "Oh my bloody God! Grim, you're perfect!!!"

The others sweat dropped. Mercury leaned over to Chaos and whispered. "Is she always like that" Both nodded and sighed. "Rouge always had an appreciation for the 'occult' things." They watched as Rouge leapt into Grim's arms and he flew off into the forest. "Goth?" Jupiter asked. They nodded. Venus smiled. "Oh I have to go shopping with her sometimes. It's so hard finding some good fishnets in Japan." Several of the Senshi looked at her oddly and Chaos sighed. "Not another one"

"Let's see what you do, you lazy bum" Sonic said as he tossed his partner off his head and summoned his emerald. Amy turned to him. "What did you name your partner? I hope it isn't something lame like Blue Gust in order to boost your ego" Sonic chuckled nervously. "Of course not. What gave you that idea? He-he, he-he" Amy rolled her eyes. "Shade's full name is Divine Shade. I heard him say that earlier. Why would you choose such a lame name? Your partner is going to hate you" Sonic sat down and looked at his partner, who was glaring at him for trying to give a lame name. Nodoka saved the poor boy.

"Since you and my son are friendly rivals, why not their Chao?" She picked up Gust. "The Gust can stay, but how about Demonic Gust? A perfect counter to Divine Shade?" Gust nodded it's head up and down, with an energy he never shown his partner. It even put on a cute face. Nodoka chuckled at his actions. "Now go on, go back to your partner." Gust smiled and did so, before going back to being lazy once near Sonic.

"Hey!" He said, offended. "How come you acted like that around her??" Gust rolled over in midair facing away from Sonic. It pulled up a steel plated sign. [Because, you're a dumbass] The sign said. It started small, but those around started chuckling at Sonic's expression. "Gust, could we see you change?" Nodoka asked politely. Sonic suddenly found his emerald missing from his hand and an energy egg was already forming in the air. "He does live up to his namesake" Amy said as Gust finished transforming.

While Shade and Violet turned into a more Chinese/Japanese style dragon, Gust was more like a western dragon, only a blue color. It looked just as impressive as Shade. Like the others who've transformed into dragons, Gust had writing all over the body. Dragon Gust landed on the ground gracefully before curling into a ball and going to sleep. "He is so lazy!" Sonic yelled. "Wow a perfect match for Sonic" Chaos said and several laughed. "You guys suck, since my partner isn't going to do anything I'm going to take a nap." Sonic went to a nearby tree and leaned against the trunk.

All the Senshi tried, but they couldn't focus enough to turn their Chao. When they asked about this, Gerald sighed. "You were under mind control, your partner's haven't had time to connect to the real you. Tails over her managed to break through the Geas on my daughter. Such a responsible young man taking care of my daughter like that." Tails turned beat red. Several tries later and it was only Moon who turned Angel back into the alternate form. "Why did she take a human form?" Moon asked. Gerald shrugged. "It's a reflection of you." Moon shrugged. "At least she can go to school for me, and maybe shopping, oh and we can play several pranks on people and..." She went on like that and the Senshi sighed.

"Hmm I wonder..." Amy began, "Hey Rose! Come here" Rose floated down. "Amy what are you doing?" Tails asked. "I have a feeling that Rose's alternate form is human like." She summoned her guardian emerald and gave it to Rose. A massive heart surrounded the Chao, when it cleared, Amy's guess was right. Floating in the air wearing a kimono that had roses and vines on it was Rose. She looked exactly like Ranma's girl side, only the hair was unbound, she had two red ornate floating rings above and below her. Also Rose's eyes were pink rather than Ranma's blue. "I knew it." Amy said as Rose pulled out a massive staff out of nowhere that had several upgrade rings dangling off of it.

"Why did you name your partner Rose?" Usagi asked. "Rose of Hearts, and I don't know, it came to me suddenly." Gerald nodded. "Most likely. The chao are reflections of your souls, so their names must come from deep within, their names give hints to their alternate forms?" They nodded as they watched Amy and Usagi walk off into the forest with their partners.

"Hey Chaos, why don't you go next?" Ryouga asked, curious as too what her partner's alternate form will look like. Chaos nodded. "Isis Matron, come here" Her partner that was looking at a nearby flower came closer. "Lets see what you change to" The chao nodded and Chaos handed over the emerald. Almost immediately, a blue fire surrounded the Chao, similar to the sacred fire at her shrine. The fire enlarged, until it was a roaring bonfire. Two massive wings sprung out the fire, causing the fire to fade and reveal Isis's new form. She was now a huge phoenix only she and her fires were a bright blue. The fire surrounded her surged and enveloped those still present. No one burned but rather a sense of peace and serenity filled their hearts. "Isis, a blue phoenix. Her fires seemed to have purified us, similar to the sacred fire."

Isis landed on the ground and Chaos got on her back, before the two took off into the air, leaving a trail of blue flames that didn't burn anything. Another effect was also seen, the forest nearby seemed to have become more lively as the trees were bigger and the flowers more beautiful. It was an amazing sight to see. Isis landed on the ground. "Thank you Isis-chan. That was amazing" Isis took another flight into the air, hovering over the area to keep watch over her partner. "Ryo-chan, I do believe it's you're turn.

Ryouga nodded and began glowing a light green color. "Change Draco" The chao began to glow in response and sped down into the air, when it landed, the transformation was done. Draco now looked a combination of dragon and turtle. A large powerful shell covered it's back as a long powerful neck come out of it attached to a fearsome head. Draco had massive horns that were curled back and reached all the way past his back. The dragon's jaws were powerful, snapping together so loudly, one could guess anything that was between them would be easily crushed. "Big, powerful...just like me" Ryouga got on Draco and the dragon began moving, showing that it's massive size didn't slow it down any.

At that point Lara came out, but she wasn't alone. Following her was a humanoid monkey. It was dressed in armor that covered it's chest and legs. Underneath it was a silk tunic and poofy pants. It was sitting on a floating yellow cloud that was moving by itself and attached to it's back was a staff like Lara. She smiled. "So you all discovered the alternate form. I suspected as much when I named my partner Son Goku out of nowhere." Gerald nodded. "You are correct, Ms. Croft" She shrugged. "It's a simple matter of logic. Do you happen to know where Amy went?" They pointed her in a direction, and Lara jumped onto the cloud her partner was on, then it sped away into the forest.

"I guess I'm the last one" Mousse said. His partner ghost came down. "I wonder what you turn into." Mousse began to glow a light yellow and his chao did in response. A black mist began to cover the Chao as the egg mask enlarged to cover it's whole body. It cleared to reveal Ghost new form. It's arms and legs were heavily armored but weren't attached to the body. Also parts of the armor were designed like springs so it looked like the arms and legs can extend and contract. The arms floated to the side and the body floated above the legs. The torso was covered in armor but not as much as the limbs. In the center was a massive gun barrel that suggest something fires from the chest. The head was covered with a helmet that was shaped like an eagle, and the only things that showed through the helmet was yellow glowing eyes. Otherwise Ghost was just a bit bigger than a person at eight feet tall.

"Very cool. Hidden Ghost. See if you can hit that tree" Mousse said, pointing to a tree all the way across the clearing. Ghost nodded and his arm zoomed through the air half way, before his arm stretched and tapped the tree on the trunk. "Good, come on lets get you used to that body." With that both charged off into the woods.

Shade walked over to Nodoka. "It seems to be that they like their partners new form." She nodded. "It seems so, I can't wait for mine to hatch" Shade nodded. "What about Shadow? We still need to find out were he is" Gerald nodded "It will come to us later...Shadow will find a way to contact us. He still has all his equipment in subspace." Shade turned to his old friend. "You know something, don't you." He began growling as he turned back to his original size. Gerald shook his head. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't, but if you attack me, you'll never find out. I'm sure Shadow is sending his message as we speak."

Everyone was back in the living room, having practiced with their Chao to adjust with their new bodies. Amy, Usagi and Lara were talking sitting around Shade, who still haven't gone back to Chao. Tails was talking with Hotaru; the two of them leaning against the smaller Kit. Sonic was still outside still sleeping next to his partner. Rouge and Venus were talking about England and fashion, between gushing over Grim. Kasumi and Keitaro had stayed in the hammock outside to watch the stars together. Knuckles was playing one of Ranma's many games on the big screen with Chaos, Mousse and Ryouga. Jupiter was watching the game, but more often than not her eyes were on Mousse. Pluto was talking philosophy with Nodoka and found to her surprise that even though she was older than the Saotome Matriarch, Nodoka was far wiser then she was. Mercury and Mars was talking to Gerald, about the Silver Millennium, and found from his tales that it wasn't the perfect utopia that the advisors said they were. Neptune and Uranus excused themselves to the bathroom to get cleaned up and 'stuff.' What they didn't say was that they were going to Ranma's room and stealing a pair of his boxers as a memento.

Shade shook off the females using him as a pillow and stalked up to Gerald. "I'm not going to wait anymore! Tell me now about where Shadow is!!" The room became silence and Gerald cocked an eyebrow in amusement. "Sure, sure." He took out a pocket watch. "We should be getting some news, just about now" The doorbell rang. Nodoka stood, "I'll get that" Everyone watched her leave and kept their eyes on the door

Nodoka came back in with a person with a scroll in his hand. He was massive. It looked like he was fat but it was all muscle. His head was small compared to his body and on his face was a massive mustache that went from shoulder to shoulder. He had purple hair with black slashes in it. Also his hair was spiked in a way that two massive spikes came out from under the fishermen hat, they resembled ears of sort. Hanging on harness on his shoulder was a massive fishermen's pole. The guest wore long purple pants and a black fisherman's vast that had all kinds of bait hanging from it. He looked dense at a first glance, but if one could look into his small eyes, they would find a wisdom that few could match.

Amy stood up, getting a major feeling of deja-vu. "Who are you, and why are you here?" The man grinned widely, "It's kind of funny." He pulled out an ancient scroll. "My family has been passing this scroll down for over five hundred years. It was said that I was to deliver this scroll today. On the cover was the exact time place and year it was to be given. I was going to go fishing today, but I was curious and now I'm glad I came." Tails stood up and took a closer look at the newcomer. "I'm pretty sure I now you..." Tails suddenly grinned widely and hugged the big man, his arms not long enough to even wrap around his belly. "IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!!" The man nodded. "It has, but now there are a lot of places to fish."

By then, everyone was back in the living room after hearing Tails shout. Uranus hid the underwear in her hands behind her back. Sonic came in yawning. "So what's up..." He paused at seeing the newcomer. His eyes widened and he too tackled the big man. "BIG!!! IT'S YOU" Those that knew Big gasped. "How..." Knuckles asked. Big laughed, giving Knuckles a bear hug that made a lot of cracking sounds. Those around winced will Knuckles just grunted. "Silly, The Soul of a Fisherman is immortal. Whenever there is a lake unfished, I'll be there, whenever, there is a pole unbaited, I'll be there. Where ever there is salmon, I'll be there, only faster."

There were several chuckles from those who knew Big. He's still the same. Nodoka smiled "Umm, Mr. Big, what was in the scroll?" Big shrugged. "I don't know, all I know is I have to give it to Amy" He gave the scroll to Amy. With out his hand covering it, she could see it was very ancient. It was sealed with a metal dragon statue that resembled Shade. She pulled the seal off and began unrevealing the scroll. She took it to a chair and began reading it.

Those watching saw Amy turn beat red. She waved a hand over her face "Oh my" Sonic was getting impatient. "Well what's it say?" Amy didn't respond and kept on reading, turning redder and redder. Sonic was about to grab the scroll from her, until he saw Shade shake his head and his claws sprung out. Sonic chuckled nervously before backing away. "Oh wow" Amy said, she had a fan in her hand was waving her face to keep the heat off. Lara walked over, curious "Why are you so red?" Amy looked left and looked right before waving Lara over. The two went into a corner "Wow." Lara said, really red. "Yes wow" Amy turned the scroll sideways and both turned even reader.

"You know, it's like their looking at..." Mousse started. "Nah." Lara let out a loud wolf whistle. Amy turned around. "Usagi come here" She did so and looked over Lara's shoulder, she too turned beat red. "Damn!" She howled like a wolf. Mousse sweat dropped. "I think they are. " Several guys nodded. "I wish I could see what their seeing" Everyone turned to the suddenly embarrassed Neptune.

Nodoka sighed. "Girls, could you tell us what's on the scroll" Amy glanced up, some drool escaping her mouth. "Oh....Ranma sends his love. He's five hundred years in the past. A side effect from being unused to his Mega state. Has instructions how to get there. Hasn't returned home because he found another Chaos Emerald and is going to look for it, something about it being broken in it's sealed state and spread all over ancient Japan and portions of China. Can I go now? He sent a 'gift' for me" At gift, Amy turned red again. Another wolf whistle from Usagi, drew her attention back to the scroll. Soon all three girls stood up. "We're going to Ranma's room" and were gone in the blink of an eye.

"What?" Came from many people. Shade grinned, he had been looking over the three girls' shoulders and wasn't effected by the 'gift' "One, he's in the past. Two, he's looking for the fragments of the next Chaos Emerald. Three, he found a way for us to get to him. And finally four, he wants us to go to the past. Any questions" No one said anything. "Good. I expect you all to be ready in two days. After that I'm leaving."

It was silence, until "WHAT A HUNK!!!" came from above. Everyone sweat dropped. "I wonder if she'll let us see" Haruka asked to herself, then everyone face faulted. Gerald grinned. "Never a dull moment around here" Nodoka nodded. "Yes. But I would like to get a new katana, these modern day makers don't have the ability the makers of the past do. I'll think I shall go on this adventure." The two adults kept on talking, while the others started plans for the trip.

Another Time, Another Place:

In the clearing of a massive forest, a person walked into the sun. He was wearing a fancy robe that was left open to reveal his bare chest. Long baggy pants, tied with a belt shaped like a dragon. Around his neck was a necklace full of gem shards. On his back was a staff and a sword. His hair was black with red streaks in it, tied into a pigtail that went to his knees. He stopped and looked up into the clear sky. "I wonder if Amy will get that scroll." He grinned. "She gonna be surprised when she sees my gift" He chuckles. "SHADOW!!!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!"

Shadow grinned evilly. "I guess Kouga found that little water balloon of instant spring of drowned girl mixed with waterproof soap. That'll teach him to call me his girl." He shuddered. "Damn pervert"

He fingered several shards recently attached to his necklace. "At least I got his shards." He pulled out of subspace a smooth metal board that shined when the sun reflected off of it. He placed it on the floor and moments later it floated into the air. Shadow grinned as he jumped onto the board. "I should pay a visit to the mutt and annoy him some more."

With that, the board took off high into the air.

Read and Review

A/N: This is it for the Second Arc. Thanks for reading. Now those who may think Hotaru is OCC, I'm just going to say that she remembers. I got the idea of what happened to Tux-boy from FFX-2. The curse was my idea though. Those of you that don't know, Big the Cat is from Sonic Adventure. How many can guess Shade's other forms? Ha ha ha. Those of you asked where Eggman is. He's going to be in this, just not yet.

Up next: Side Stories for Love Hina. I'll either put it separate on the Love Hina section of ff.net or keep it in. Look into the future. As for the Chao, there are reasons I gave the alternate forms so early. One of them is that their going to be needed. Inuyasha will take the point at where his blade gets the barrier cutting ability, turning his blade red. Just because it's so bad ass and just before Naraku kidnapped Rin.

Lata' Ya