Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 25: Winter Cleaning ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 25: Winter Cleaning
 
A/N: Three more to go after this, almost done. Wohoo!
 
Friday Jan 8th
 
Shinji awakens slowly, consciousness returning to him as Asuka's alarm clock spews a constant "Beep, Beep" into the air. His eyes come into focus and are immediately drawn to the fiery red hair of his girlfriend, who has managed once again to sleep on top of him...
 
Shinji: (Thinking to himself) I wish we didn't have to go to school today... I hate waking her up and leaving this comfortable position... she's so cute when she's sleeping...
 
After a soft sigh about his current predicament, Shinji gently shakes Asuka. She comes around a few moments later and smiles at Shinji...
 
Asuka: 'Morning, Shin-chan... (Yawns and stretches her arms bringing her assets to full view)
 
Shinji: (Mesmerized by the lovely sight before him) 'Morning, Asuka.
 
Shinji smiles back at Asuka and then notices something as she sits up...
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Umm... Asuka...
 
Asuka: (Wondering about the sudden blushing on Shinji's part) What is it, Shinji?
 
Asuka looks down and then realizes why he got nervous all of a sudden. The top two buttons of her yellow pajamas are unbuttoned, giving Shinji a nice view of her cleavage. Asuka being the woman that she is, decides to have some fun with this situation...
 
Asuka: (Sternly) Did you unbutton my pajamas? I don't remember doing that... (Looks down at her unbuttoned pajamas)
 
Shinji: (Getting very nervous and waving his arms around) No, no, I didn't do that...
 
Asuka: (Continuing her ruse; looks up at Shinji) I know you love looking at my body, don't deny it! Baka hentai!
 
Shinji: (Feeling very trapped at the moment) Well, I do like looking at you Asuka, but I wouldn't unbutton your top...
 
Asuka: (Playfully getting in Shinji's face after letting him react for a little while longer) I'm glad you didn't freak out- I was only kidding. (Places a tender kiss on his cheek) I know you didn't unbutton my top... (In a more sultry tone)... I did that after I woke up in the middle of the night, I was too hot...
 
Shinji: Oh...
 
Asuka: Don't worry Shinji, I'm not trying to seduce you... (Lowers her voice and winks)... yet.
 
Shinji: (Turning red again) Asuka! (Thinks to himself for a moment, then speaks again) (Slyly) You're starting to sound like Misato...
 
Asuka: (Feeling insulted) Why you...!
 
Asuka takes a pillow and starts to playfully attack Shinji with it. Shinji quickly sits up and grabs the pillow that was underneath his head and begins to counterattack. Misato walks in a moment later and chuckles to herself...
 
Misato: (Softly) Just like little kids... how cute. (Whistles) You guys have to get ready for school, so let's get moving!
 
Asuka: (Grumbling) Okay, okay...
 
Shinji gets out of the bed and then flashes a quick smile at Asuka before leaving the room. Asuka's mood immediately changes with that and she can now tolerate the idea of going to school. Misato leaves the room and both children get ready for school. Meanwhile, Rei is in the kitchen eating breakfast and patiently waiting for her brother and Asuka to get ready...
 
Misato: Rei, as soon as the other two are ready, I'll drop all three of you off at school- I have to go to headquarters and help Maya out with some of the preperations for the new simulations that you guys will be taking...
 
Rei: (Looking up from her cereal) Okay, mom.
 
Rei finishes off her cereal as a now dressed Shinji and Asuka quickly dart around the kitchen, preparing their lunch and grabbing something for breakfast. Rei notices this and comes to a conclusion in her mind... 'It seems that when they spend the night together, they are reluctant to awaken and they are always in a hurry... I wonder if I will do the same thing when Kensuke and I spend the night together...'
 
Shinji: (Tapping Rei on the shoulder, which brings her out of her thoughts) Rei, we're ready...
 
Rei: Let's go, I do not wish to be late for class...
 
Rei grabs her school bag and follows Asuka and Shinji to the front door, where an impatient Misato is waiting for them. The four head over to the elevator and make their way to the car. As soon as Misato enters the car, she glances at her watch...
 
Misato: Shit, we are really running late! The Commander could get pissed...
 
Without waiting for her charges to buckle up, she slams the accelerator down and sped out of the parking lot. A moment later, a speeding blue bullet is seen zooming down the street with three terrified teens along for the ride. Almost as if by cue, at this same moment, Commander Ikari is taking his personal VTOL to headquarters. He notices a small blue car that is moving faster than his transport.
 
Gendo: (To himself) Hmm, note to self, have afterburners installed on the VTOL- land vehicles should not be able to outrun this vehicle...
 
Back on the ground, after a short but terrifying ride, a loud screech is heard as the car comes to a complete stop in front of the school...
 
Asuka: (Yelling) You drive like a Female Mad Max, you know that? We could have been killed!
 
Shinji: That's the last time we let Misato drive sober.
 
Misato: (Blowing it off as if it was nothing) Nah... I go this way all of the time, people know I come through about this time every day. Besides, this box turns all the lights green for me... (Points to a button which is on a small box on the steering column) Didn't you notice that?
 
Rei: (Bluntly) It is hard to notice that when the vehicle is traveling at over 140 KM per hour... and aren't such devices illegal?
 
Shinji has a deja vu... he can remember a similar conversation with Misato when they first met. Misato has a sweatdrop and then replies to Rei's comment.
 
Misato: Umm... I have that box for a reason... and it's there as a means to help us, in case we're ever chased, and when an Angel attacks. (To herself) Well, it's true... but I really got it to make sure I could get to work "safely". Let's see if the kids buy it.
 
Asuka: (Impatiently) Fine, fine, whatever... we have to get to class.
 
Asuka, Rei, and Shinji get out of the car and breath a sigh of relief at having survived another one of Misato's lifts manic drives to school. They head inside and get in their seats right before the bell rings for the first class. In the meantime, Misato makes her way to headquarters and immediately heads down to the test room, where Maya is waiting for her...
 
Maya: 'Morning, Misato.
 
Misato: (Yawns and waves) Good morning, Maya... what's on the agenda for today?
 
Maya: (Looks down at her computer) I need some help programming this simulation for the pilots... and I also need some tactical information added to the program... data from that failed SEELE invasion. I need your clearance to access some of the files...
 
Misato: Okay... (Sits down in a chair next to Maya) I guess Commander Ikari really wants to push our pilots to their limits.
 
Maya: I think so... (In a worried tone)... I'm just... very concerned about some of these parameters he put in here, the kids could really get hurt at the higher levels of the program.
 
Misato looks over at the screen and glances at some of the things Gendo added to the program protocols. She shakes her head and begins to worry as well...
 
Misato: I think you're right. I hope these guys are ready... looks like Commander Ikari is pulling no punches with this program simulation. (Sighs out loud) Let's get started...
 
Maya and Misato begin work on integrating the information on the Mass Production EVA's into the computer, based on their observed behavior and tactics, so the simulation will be realistic as possible. After a couple hours of work, Misato leans back on the chair and smiles...
 
Some time later...
 
Misato: Finally, we're done!
 
Maya: Thank goodness! (Stretches her arms up in the air) My fingers were beginning to get cramped. I'll be right back, Commander Ikari wanted to know when the simulation was ready...
 
Maya leaves the room and heads upstairs to Gendo's office to give him a report on the simulation. Misato lies back in the chair, props her legs up the edge of the desk, and starts to doze off...
 
Maya: (Tapping Misato's shoulder) Um, Misato...
 
Misato: (Suddenly waking up) Huh? (Embarrassed) Oh... sorry, I must have dozed off.
 
Maya: I just wanted to pass on what the Commander told me... he wants you to go back home and then bring Asuka and Shinji in tonight for testing. (Sighs) I guess we'll see how good this program is later- it needs some time to create the holographics and such...
 
Misato: Okay, I'll be back later with Asuka and Shinji. (Looking at Maya with mild concern) Do you have to stay or are you getting a short break like me? I could give you a lift.
 
Maya: Well... sure, why not? I could use a nap and some lunch before coming back here.
 
Misato: (Full on enthusiasm) Ok then, let's hit the road then!
 
Maya and Misato leave headquarters and after dropping off Maya at home, Misato returns to her apartment. She steps into her room and immediately feels two very familiar arms wrap around her waist...
 
Misato: (Trying to see who it is in the darkness of her room) Let go of me!
 
Kaji: Is that anyway to talk to your husband? (Places a kiss on her neck) I hope I didn't scare you.
 
Misato: Hmmph! (Takes a deep breath, then lets the incident pass) I got a break from work... and I wanted to relax before I have to go back there tonight.
 
Kaji: (With a smile on his face) That's nice... what did you want to do?
 
Misato: Well... I wanted to clean out some of the junk in this room, so I can make some more space for you and your stuff.
 
Kaji: (Happily) Sounds like a good idea, but I want to do something else first... (Gently moves his hands down to her hips)
 
Misato: (Playfully) Oh, really? I wonder what you want to do first... (Sways her hips around a little)
 
Kaji: (Stating the situation) Well, no one's home but my lovely wife...
 
Misato: (Blushing) Kaji...
 
Kaji: (Moving his hands up the front of her body) My lovely... young, beautiful, voluptuous wife...
 
Kaji's hands continue moving across Misato's body, passing over her breasts on their way up to her shoulders. A brief pause and squeeze on the way up elicits a moan from Misato...
 
Misato: You're such a bad boy... and a real hentai!
 
Kaji: (With a smile) Only as much as you are, dear.
 
Misato: I'll show you!
 
Misato turns around and presses her lips firmly against his. Totally surprised by her extremely rapid movements, Kaji falls backward onto the bed. Misato places herself on top of Kaji and snuggles her head into his chest...
 
Misato: (Softly) Let's take a nap together... (Yawns) I don't think I have the energy for what you want to do anyways...
 
Kaji: (Sighs) Okay... anything for Mrs. Kaji...
 
Misato blushes at the mention of her new married name, despite it not being official yet. Kaji is really enjoying teasing her about her new status as his wife... she thinks to herself- 'Maybe I should tease him back later, it's only fair...'
 
Kaji lies awake for a while, gently stroking Misato's purple hair and thinking to himself. 'She's taking this wife thing pretty well, even though I keep teasing her about it. I'm so lucky to have her... Misato has looks, brains, and such a wonderful personality- what man could ask for more?'
 
Misato moves around a little bit in her sleep, and Kaji uses this opportunity to get a better position for himself and also to pull a blanket over both of them. He reaches over to the small alarm clock and sets it for an hour from the current time, and then joins his wife in slumberland...
 
The droning sound of a "BEEP BEEP" is heard about sixty minutes later, rousing Kaji from his slumber. His hands, which had been on Misato's back while they were sleeping, convey the warmth of uncovered skin...
 
Kaji: Wait a second here...
 
Misato: (Looking up at Kaji) Is something wrong, Kaji?
 
Kaji: I'm a little confused... I thought you fell asleep with your uniform on.
 
Misato: (With a sexy smile) I did... but when you put that blanket over me, I became too hot. I managed to take off my jacket, my shirt, and my skirt before falling asleep again. (Nods her head at the pile of clothes on the floor)
 
Kaji: Oh, okay... makes sense now.
 
Misato: (Playfully) A woman has to be comfortable when she sleeps, yah know...
 
Kaji: Or when she's awake.
 
Misato wraps her arms around Kaji and starts to passionately kiss him. Kaji's hands instinctually run down her back to her behind, giving it a little squeeze. Misato moans a little bit and then Kaji makes a comment...
 
Kaji: Looks like you're feeling better.
 
Misato: A little... (Feels Kaji's hands move up her back)
 
Misato knows what he is going to do next, and decides to tell him what she was planning on doing, now that they both were awake...
 
Misato: (Feeling his hand on the back of her bra) Kaji... stop. We need to get some cleaning done, and then we can play around. You do want some more space for your stuff, right?
 
Kaji: Yeah... we can wait. (Has an evil idea) We're just cleaning in here, right?
 
Misato: Yeah, but why do you... (Sudden realizes what he wants her to do) (Smiles) Only if you help me clean in your underwear too...
 
Misato plants a kiss on his lips while at the same time pressing her chest against him. After the kiss is finished, she gets out of bed and begins to look around the room...
 
Misato: Where should we get started?
 
Kaji: (Sitting up on the bed, he has just stripped down to his underwear to go along with their agreement) Hmm... how about your desk? You told me before you had a lot of junk in there.
 
Kaji and Misato start rummaging through the desk and getting rid of stuff they no longer need. Misato runs across an old photo and puts it to the side. Soon the desk is done and then the pair start working on her closet. Misato holds various dresses and shirts against her body and asks for Kaji's opinion about them. Those that both agree are no good are thrown into a pile for donation to the Salvation Army. After looking under their bed and all around the room again, the only thing left is Misato's clothes drawer, which she rifles through...
 
Misato: Just about done...
 
Kaji: I hope you're not going to get rid of anything in that top drawer.
 
Misato: I wasn't even going to open it up... (Walks over to Kaji and places her arms around him) Why are you so worried about it?
 
Kaji: (Pulling her into a very close embrace) Because I'd hate to see good lingerie go to waste... and none of it is wasted on you and your sexy figure... (Places a kiss on Misato's cheek)
 
Misato: Mmmm... that's right. (Presses her upper body against him) (In a whisper) Kaji...
 
Kaji: (Speedily unhooking her bra) Yes?
 
Misato: (Sighs inside, he knew that she was ready to play- both know each other too well) I think we're done...
 
Kaji reaches over for the light switch and turns it off. Giggling is soon heard and then all is quiet for a moment.
 
Misato: (Speaking after a moment of silence) Kaji...
 
Kaji: Yes, Misato?
 
Misato: I was thinking earlier and I just want to tell you... (Pause)... I can't wait to be your wife...
 
Kaji: (Softly) Misato... I feel the same way. I just wish we could get married for real right now... but we can't. It could really jeopardize this mission and even our own lives... not to mention the kids.
 
Misato: (Sighs softly) I guess you're right...
 
Kaji: Misato, I love you- no matter what.
 
Misato: I love you too, Kaji... (Rolls her body on top of his) Kaji... I want to snuggle with you until dinner time... (Lowers her head onto his chest) I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood anymore.
 
Kaji: (Wrapping his arms around Misato) It's okay... snuggling with you is fun, too. Your body warmth is so soothing...
 
A content sigh escapes Misato's lips as she relaxes with her husband. A little while later, over at the Tokyo-3 middle school, the kids are finishing up their classes for the day...
 
On the walk home...
 
Asuka: I can't wait to get home, I'm starving! (Rubs her stomach)
 
Rei: I wonder what is for dinner?
 
Shinji: (Sighs) Well, it's Misato's turn to make dinner... who knows what she'll make?
 
Hikari: Well, didn't you tell me before that she's gotten better at cooking? You shouldn't worry too much, Shinji.
 
Toji: Let me know if you have any problems, I could ask the best cook in Tokyo-3 to come by and teach her how to cook...
 
Kensuke is about to ask whom the cook is when it dawns on him- Toji was talking about Hikari... 'Smooth move, Toji... he sure has gotten better at complementing Hikari...'
 
Hikari: (Not catching onto who he means) Who do you mean, Toji?
 
Toji walks up behind Hikari and wraps his arms around her. She stops and then realizes that it's Toji's arms that are encircling her waist. She lets out a soft sigh and begins to feel at ease...
 
Toji: I mean you, class rep. Everyone knows how well you can cook... and I love your homemade bentos...
 
Hikari blushes and slowly turns her head to look at Toji.
 
Asuka: (With mock sweetness) Awww! Come on Shinji, let's leave these two lovebirds alone and get going.
 
Shinji: (Turning around) Toji are you... (Voice trails off as he witnesses Hikari and Toji sharing a loving kiss) (To himself) I guess not.
 
Asuka grabs Shinji's arm and he continues walking with Asuka towards home. Rei stops for a moment and observes what Hikari and Toji are doing, then finds Kensuke looking at her intently...
 
Rei: (With a small smile on her face) Would you like a kiss as well, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke: S-sure, Rei...
 
Rei walks up to Kensuke and slowly puts her arms around him. He brings her closer and the pair shares a warm, passionate kiss and a loving embrace...
 
Hikari: (Looking around, notices Rei and Kensuke hugging) Now look what you've started...
 
Toji: (Softly) There was a time I was wondering about him... wondering when he was going to get a girlfriend. I guess I don't have to worry about him anymore, he's doing fine with Rei...
 
Hikari: (Impressed by Toji's last statement) I love it when you show your compassionate side... (Places a kiss on his cheek) We're still going out tonight, right?
 
Toji: Yeah, of course.
 
Hikari: Okay... come by my place in an hour and we'll go out to eat. (Smiles) If I remember correctly, you said I get to pick where we're going for dinner...
 
Toji: (Nods his head) Yeah.
 
Hikari: Okay, see you later.
 
Hikari waves to Toji and then makes her way home. She has a spring in her step, and can't wait to go out to dinner. Toji heads home as well, to get ready for his date with Hikari. Kensuke and Rei are still standing there, talking to each other...
 
Kensuke: I'll stop by tomorrow and we could um... play some video games together.
 
Rei: I look forward to it.
 
Kensuke slow waves to Rei as she walks away... he quietly sighs and then continues home, very happy with himself and how things are going. Rei catches up with Shinji and Asuka, and the three head up to the apartment. After taking off their shoes, they head into the kitchen and find Misato sitting at the table in her nightgown. She points at the food at the table... and Asuka and Shinji's jaws drop to the ground. Rei raises an eyebrow in response to the delicious looking food. One thought runs through all three teens minds... 'The food on the table looks... edible...'
 
Asuka: (Surprised) Did you make dinner? (Nudges Misato) Or did you order something?
 
Misato: (Proudly) I made it all by myself, just ask Kaji.
 
Asuka: (Looks at Kaji) She made this spaghetti dinner? Are you sure?
 
Kaji: Geez, Asuka, give Misato a break. I helped her out a little, but she made most of it. (Starts to massage Misato's shoulders, much to her delight) Why don't you three put your stuff away and then sit down before the food gets cold.
 
Shinji: Okay.
 
Rei: I'll be right back.
 
Asuka and the others drop off their school stuff and then return to the kitchen. Shinji is the first one to taste Misato's creation of the three teens. Asuka and Rei both watch him closely...
 
Shinji's chair falls backward to the ground. Everyone immediately stands up and goes over to Shinji...
 
Asuka: Are you okay?
 
Rei: (Very concerned) Shinji!
 
Shinji: It's... great!
 
Misato: (Shaking her head) Geez, my food isn't that bad...
 
Kaji: Shinji, that was bad...
 
Asuka starts to laugh and soon even Rei has a small smile on her face in light of the situation.
 
Misato: (Trying to make a comeback) I'm gonna have to watch you... you're getting as bad as Asuka.
 
Asuka: (Agitated by Misato's comment) And just what does that mean?
 
Kaji: (Trying to be the mediator) Girls, girls... let's eat dinner before the food gets cold, okay?
 
Rei: Okay.
 
Everyone returns to the table and eats dinner. Asuka changes her mind after eating the spaghetti and wonders if 3rd Impact did something to Misato and her cooking. There is some small talk around the table as dinner finishes up and then Kaji takes the dishes to the sink and begins to wash them. Misato looks at Asuka and Shinji and then remembers something important...
 
Misato: Oh! I almost forgot, you two have to come with me to NERV for some battle simulations...
 
Asuka: (Shocked) NOW?!
 
Shinji: (Surprised) Really?
 
Misato: Sorry, but the new simulation software and equipment is ready and Commander Ikari wants us to get started right away. Since both of you had dealt with those SEELE EVA's before, he must have wanted to test you two first. Get your coats on and meet me by the door, I'll be with you in a minute... (Walks out of the kitchen and into her room to get dressed)
 
Kaji: Well, it looks like it's just you and me, huh Rei.
 
Rei: It appears so.
 
Asuka: (Ranting and fuming) It's not fair!!!
 
Shinji: Asuka, calm down.
 
Asuka: (Throwing her hand up in the air) I can't! I was gonna relax tonight and snuggle with you...
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Really? No wonder you're angry...
 
Kaji: What's the big deal, you can make out after you get back.
 
Asuka: (Pouting) But I'll be tired and I won't have the energy...
 
Misato: (Stepping out of her room in her NERV uniform) Come on you two, let's go.
 
The two reluctant teens follow Misato out of the apartment and down to her car. Misato drives with the traffic flow and the trip seems to last forever, at least to Asuka and Shinji. Shinji breaks the silence with a question that has been on his mind since Misato mentioned this trip down to headquarters.
 
Shinji: Just what are we battling in these simulation tests?
 
Misato: You'll be fighting a group of SEELE EVA's, just like the one's that attacked headquarters...
 
Asuka: Oh...
 
Asuka falls silent as memories return of her battle against those MP-EVA's run through her mind. She lowers her head onto Shinji's shoulder. A lone tear heads down her cheek...
 
Shinji: (Turning his head to see what's wrong) Asuka, are you okay?
 
Asuka buries her head into Shinji's chest and begins sobbing aloud. Misato looks at the mirror and feels pangs of sorrow for having the kids go through this. It is almost two minutes before she can even speak to Shinji, who has extended his arms around her in an awkward embrace...
 
Asuka: I can't do it... I don't wanna go through that again...
 
Shinji: (Trying think of the right thing to say to her) Asuka... they won't make us go through this without good reason... I'd resign before I let the Commander do this for his own perverse reasons... and I'll be with you all the way, no matter what.
 
Asuka: (Feeling a little better) Really? (Shinji pulls her closer) You are ... too wonderful, you know that?
 
Misato: I'm sorry, Asuka... I forgot about what you went through. So, I'm here if you want to talk to me... I'll help you out.
 
Asuka: T-thank you...
 
Misato: Anything for my kids... (Smiles) I'll try to keep the level low for the first couple tests, but the Commander really is the one who sets the level. I'll do my best for you two.
 
Asuka feels a lot better after Misato's last statement. She nods and begins to doze off in Shinji's arms. He runs his fingers through her hair and whispers in her ear...
 
Shinji: The Great Asuka Langley Soryu beat those bastards down alone so the two of us working together can make them stay down for good!
 
Asuka: (Softly) Shin-chan...
 
Misato smiles again as she thinks about how much her kids have matured and grown since 3rd Impact and how much closer both have gotten to each other.
 
A little while later, Misato and her charges arrive at NERV headquarters and head down to the lab. Shinji and Asuka are sent to change into their plug suits while Misato inputs a few commands and waits for the kids to return...
 
In the changing room, Shinji is getting into his plug suit when he sees Asuka near the screen, which separates the men and women's side...
 
Shinji: Are you feeling better, Asuka?
 
Asuka: Much better, Shin-chan. (Slyly) Shin-chan, why are you staring at the screen?
 
Shinji: (Blushing) I um... well, I was...
 
Asuka: Staring at my sexy sillouette? (Does some modelling poses in front of the screen, which causes Shinji to nosebleed) Really, Shinji... I didn't know you wanted to see me naked that badly...
 
Shinji: I do... err, I mean... umm... maybe we should wait on that.
 
Asuka: Good. I'm not ready to do that yet, anyways. (Puts on her plug suit as she continues to speak) Ready to kick some butt?
 
Shinji: As long as we're together, of course.
 
Asuka: (Clicking the button to turn on the plug suit, making it skin tight. She also smiles at her love) Let's go then.
 
A determined Asuka and Shinji head back to the lab and get their instructions from Maya and Misato. After a "good luck" comment from Misato and Maya, Asuka and Shinji head into their respective entry plugs and silently wait for the test to start. Shinji is startled to hear a voice...
 
Voice: Shinji... my son...
 
Shinji: Mom?
 
Yui: Yes. How are you doing?
 
Shinji: Umm... okay, I guess.
 
Yui: That's good.
 
Shinji: (Curious) Where have you been? You haven't spoken to me in a while...
 
Yui: I'm sorry about that. (Pauses) It appears that your father has set up some new tests for you and the other pilots...
 
Shinji: Yeah...
 
Yui: Don't worry about how hard it gets- I will protect you from serious harm. Just do your best and you'll be fine.
 
Shinji: Thanks...
 
Yui: You better get ready to start, then. The holographic program is being activated. We'll talk next time... (Softly)... and make sure you take care of that girlfriend of yours...
 
Shinji: (Blushing) O-of course...
 
After that, it is dead silent in the entry plug. Shinji quietly awaits the start of the test. While Shinji was talking to his mother, an adrenaline-pumped Asuka waits impatiently in her EVA. She really wants to get started and kick some butt...
 
Voice: Asuka... Asuka...
 
Asuka: (Looking around) Who's there?
 
Voice: It's been a long time, my dear Asuka...
 
Asuka takes a deep breath and then finally realizes who the voice belongs to... her own mother. She last spoke to her right before 3rd Impact occurred. A smile forms on her face and she begins to relax...
 
Asuka: (Happily) Mama!
 
Kyoko: (In a caring tone of voice) My daughter... I can feel that you are ready to face this new challenge that Commander Ikari is about to present to you. I will protect you from serious harm... (Pauses) We'll talk again later...
 
Asuka: (Concerned) Mama! Don't go!
 
Kyoko: (Almost in a whisper) The test will be starting soon... take care...
 
Asuka's plug becomes silent a moment later and she reflects on the experience she just had. Her mother has spoken to her for the first time... and it has affected her a lot. About two minutes later, two video windows open up in her and Shinji's plug- one showing the inside of the other pilot's entry plug, and the other a view of the control center. Maya and Misato are sitting down at the laboratory computers...
 
Maya: Are you two okay? There appeared to be a minor power fluctuation in the entry plug... I can't explain it...
 
Asuka: (Changing her mood to a happier one) Oh, I'm fine. Nothing wrong here...
 
Shinji: I'm fine.
 
Misato: Good. Are you two ready?
 
Both Shinji and Asuka nod their heads.
 
Shinji: (With confidence) Ready.
 
Asuka: (Loudly) Ready to kick some butt!!!
 
Maya: Great. Here we go... (Presses a large green button on a nearby control panel)
 
The two video windows close as the program begins to power up. Shinji and Asuka take deep breaths and focus on the task in front of them. Soon a recreation of the current Tokyo-3 presents itself and Shinji and Asuka find themselves standing on top of nearby mountains...
 
Asuka: I wonder where the other EVA's are?
 
Shinji: We better look around...
 
Asuka and Shinji walk forward and slide down the mountain towards the main city. Ten black dots appear in the distance... and are on a direct course to intercept the two pilots.
 
Shinji: Umm... I don't think we have to look anymore... (Points at the sky)
 
Asuka: (Looking in the direction Shinji is pointing) I see... about time those bastards showed up. Let's get them, Shinji! I'll take the point position!
 
Shinji: Go ahead.
 
Asuka moves her EVA in front of Shinji's and pulls out her prog knife. Shinji takes out his prog sword and both wait for the opposing EVA's to get into range. Asuka is puzzled by the fact that there are ten opponent EVA's...
 
Asuka: There were only nine last time... I wonder why we're facing ten?
 
Shinji: I don't know, Asuka. Maybe...
 
Shinji stops speaking and throws up his AT Field, shots of energy come racing at him. All are deflected by the AT Field, however...
 
Shinji: That looked like our pallet guns... but those wouldn't even hurt the EVA at all... unless...
 
Shinji stops speaking as the ground underneath him sudden starts to move. Those shots were not aimed specifically at the two EVA units but at the ground in front of them. Asuka looks around and notices a landscape with many holes, almost like swiss cheese, all around them...
 
Asuka: (Realizing what just happened) So that's why they fired those...
 
Shinji: Here they come!
 
All ten mass production EVA's fly down towards the earth and land on the perimeter of the valley of holes. All ten drop their guns to the ground and omininously stare at Asuka and Shinji's EVA's. Miniature Lance of Loginus's are present in the hands of each one. Asuka shudders at the sight of the Mini-Lances...
 
Asuka: (Angrily) Not those again! Damn! Let's get 'em Shinji!
 
Asuka charges forward and starts slashing like a maddened demon at the closest MP EVA. Shinji is assaulted by three units and watches as the other units prepare to charge forward as well. After numerous stabs, Asuka is finally able to hit the EVA in front of her. The ground moves and shakes as the battle continues... a few moments later, the MP EVA headbutt's Asuka's unit, causing it to stagger backwards. Before Asuka can get to her feet, the ground collapses and both fall into a newly created hole in the ground...
 
Asuka: (Loudly) Shiesse! (Rubs her head) That hurt!
 
Shinji: (Concerned) Are you okay?
 
Wrestling noises are heard in the background as Shinji takes on three EVA's at once. He can feel the rage building within him. Regrets about having done nothing the last time this happened pulse thru his mind. His sync ratio continues to climb as his sword slashes into the core of the nearest MP EVA, causing it to explode... and sending him to the ground...
 
Shinji: Damn... those pack a punch... nine left...
 
A loud rumbling noise and another explosion rock the area. Asuka's voice is heard a moment later over the speakers...
 
Asuka: (Loudly) Make that eight!
 
Shinji smiles after hearing Asuka's last statement, knowing how proud she is at the moment. His focus is soon drawn back to the four units moving towards him cautiously. He reads his prog sword and prepares for mortal combat...
 
In the meantime, Asuka has been surrounded by the other four units and they employ wrestling moves in an attempt to pin her to the ground and making her an easy target to be sliced by their Mini-Lances. Her struggles get more and more desperate as the MP EVA's begin to outmaneuver her and pin her down...
 
Asuka: (Feeling the MP Eva's pulling on her right arm) Damn! I can't lose... (Long pause) `Mama... help me again...' (Long pause) I don't wanna die... I don't wanna die!!!
 
Misato and Maya watch as the two groups of four pin both Asuka and Shinji down and manage to stab them with their miniature lances. Both feel very concerned about what is happening to the pilots inside...
 
Shinji's voice pierces the air... his EVA's eyes begin to glow and he begins to break free of the grasp of the opponent EVA's...
 
Maya: (Concerned) His sync ratio is... (Gasps) 150% and rising! 200%! 300%!
 
Misato: Berserker!
 
Despite recieving several punches to the face of his EVA, Shinji has a new feeling of invincibility and starts pounding and slashing at his attackers. His body is getting hit by three MP EVA's as he finishes off the one in front of him... the pain is there, but not enough to stop him from fighting...
 
Shinji: (To himself) Mom... help me...
 
The explosion of the core of the unit in front of Shinji knocks him and the other MP EVA's to the ground. The other EVA's recover first and all three send their lances down into Shinji's left arm, pining it to the ground. Shinji begins to curse as he feels his left arm deaden. One of the MP EVA's moves in for the kill and then is stopped in its tracks by Shinji's prog knife... a flying head sails off towards the city, bringing a rain of blood to the nearby area. A swift kick from Shinji fractures the core of the unmoving unit and causes it to explode...
 
Misato: (Staring wide eyed at the screen) Damn! That boy can kick ass!
 
Maya: (Points at the screen) Yeah, it looks like it. I'm surprised he could do all that with his arm pinned down...
 
Misato: (Encouragingly) It's not pinned down anymore... looks like he pulled out those lances.
 
Maya: Asuka is doing... (Glances down at her sync ratio reading) Oh my... she's at 200%!
 
Misato: That would explain that... (Points out the smoking craters in front of Asuka's EVA unit)
 
Asuka takes the remaining enemy unit in front of her and holds it above her. She does a "backbreaker" move on it, causing blood to flow down onto her EVA... (A/N: Just like a similar seen in part of EOE) This unit doesn't go down without a fight, however. It stabs her with the mini lance, causing her to cringe as the lance goes into her right shoulder...
 
Asuka: (In lots of pain) Ahhhh! God damn it! (Takes a deep breath) You will not beat me! I cannot be defeated!
 
With a sardonic smile on its face, the MP EVA pulls out the lance, sending a wave of pain throughout Asuka's body. It goes for another stab... (Despite being held over Unit 02's head)... and finds the lance blocked by the hands of Unit 02- Asuka had caught the shaft of the lance in mid-stab. Asuka pulls forward on the mini-lance and uses the momentum to send the MP EVA flying forward. The ground rumbles as the unit hits the ground... Asuka takes this opportunity and uses it wisely...
 
Asuka: (Angrily) Try and kill me will you... I'll show you what happens when you mess with the great Asuka Langley Soryu!
 
Asuka takes the mini lance and runs at the downed MP EVA, plunging the lance into the glowing red core. The resulting explosion knocks her down to the ground...
 
Asuka: Mess with me will you... (Pauses) Shinji, do you need any help? I'm on a roll today...
 
A large BOOM is heard as the last MP EVA unit is destroyed. Shinji replies to Asuka a moment later...
 
Shinji: (Grins) No, I'm good...
 
Shinji stops to take a look around the battlefield and sudden feels stiff. He touches his injured arm and recoils at the pain...
 
Shinji: (To himself) Damn, that hurts! These sims are pretty realistic... I hope Asuka is okay... (Out loud) Are you okay, Asuka?
 
Asuka: (Touches her shoulder gently) Yeah, I guess. I feel sore and I have a lot of bumps where those bastards hit me... but otherwise I'm good...
 
Misato: You guys are done... great job! Get cleaned up and meet me and Maya in the control room. (Flips the communication switch to the off position) Well, that was interesting... you saw what happened before both of them got really angry...
 
Maya: (Nods her head) Yeah... they were doing okay, but the opponent EVA's started to get smart after a while. It looked like that berserker mode turns things around for Asuka and Shinji.
 
Misato: Yeah... but I wonder if they could do the sim without going into berserker? I'm sure Commander Ikari will be testing that possibility next...
 
Maya: Probably... I just hope that the pilots will be okay. I'm sure that the others will be tested soon...
 
In the changing room, Asuka and Shinji clean up in silence. After stepping out of the shower, Asuka starts to hum to herself... Shinji hears her and steps out of the shower, clad in a towel. Asuka notices that Shinji is just across the screen and has an idea to "liven" things up...
 
Shinji: Asuka?
 
Asuka: Yes, Shinji? I'm getting dressed over here... (Turns to face the screen and starts to put her bra on)
 
Shinji cannot take his eyes away from the screen and is silent for a few moments... just like Asuka thought he would be. After putting her bra on, she strikes a modeling pose...
 
Asuka: Are you staring at me again? You're starting to get like that stooge Toji... (Slyly) I didn't know you were such a hentai...
 
Shinji: (Turning away from the screen) I, uh... (Blushes and then pauses for a second) Wait a second, you're the one who turned around and then kept on getting dressed...
 
Asuka: Nice try, Shinji... but you didn't have to keep on looking at me... (To herself) He's so gullible sometimes... but he's so cute when he denies it. I hope I'm not teasing him too much...
 
Shinji: (Trying to change the subject) Umm... we did well today.
 
Asuka: Of course. Still... I have this feeling...
 
Shinji: (Curious) What do you mean?
 
Asuka: Well... I think that this is only the beginning. I'm sure that the sims will get much harder...
 
Shinji: Maybe. (Pauses) As long as we work together, we'll be okay.
 
Asuka: I hope so...
 
With that last comment, the changing room falls silent once again. Shinji and Asuka finished getting dressed and head down to the control room. A concerned Misato gives them a hug as soon as the enter the room and then talks to both of them softly...
 
Misato: Good job guys... I was worried that you'd get hurt in the sims...
 
Asuka: We're fine.
 
Shinji: Yeah.
 
Misato: (Letting the kids out of the hug) Let's go home...
 
Maya: Good job guys, I'll see you three later.
 
Asuka and Shinji nod their head and then take each others hand. Misato says goodbye and then all three head back home. Keeping true to her promise, Asuka snuggles with Shinji as both enjoy some quality time together watching TV on the couch. Misato can't help but wonder what Rei and Kaji did while they were gone, the answer makes her feel happy inside...
 
To be continued in Chapter 26: Ladies Night Out