Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Insight and Understanding ❯ Chapter the Third ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Evangelion Fanfiction

By Otaku D-Man

Standard Disclaimer.

Refer Chapter the First

Insight and Understanding

Chapter the Third - Resonance

Katsuragi/Ikari/Sohryu/Ayanami Residence

"Sheisse" Misato's pleasant dream was shattered by the explosive cursing of the only German (partly) member of the household. "Gott in Himmell, How does Baka Shinji manage to do this every morning?"

"Pilot Sohryu, the food does not incinerate when Shinji prepares meals." That was Rei.

"It's not supposed to burn, even I know that Wonder girl. You look after the French toast and the rabbit food."

Misato yawned as she struggled out of bed. "Why is Asuka cooking? Asuka never cooks." Misato asked no one in particular. Immediately, a look of sorrow washed over her face as realisation of just WHY Asuka would be preparing breakfast. "Come on Misato, don't start crying again."

Opening her bedroom door was her first mistake. She noticed Pen-Pen poking his beak around the corner of the living room, he glanced at his beer provider and shook his head deciding to return to the safety of his 'room' until the 'Noisy One' and the 'Creepy One' disappeared. He also wondered where the 'Timid Food Provider' had got to

"Waark" {Warm Water Penguin Translation Service - Maybe the 'Noisy One' finally did him in}.

The smell of burnt food filled Misato's senses, almost reminiscent of the days before Shinji moved in. Entering the kitchen was the second mistake of the day. Apparently both Asuka and Rei had decided that the breakfast Shinji prepared every morning was a simple enough feat to duplicate.

Failed attempts littered the bench tops and cooking utensils littered the table. Amidst the chaos, two young women tried to halt the progressive destruction of food, all to no avail.

"Morning Asuka, Rei. Is that breakfast?" Misato pointed to an offensive pile on the table.

"Of course not Misato. That's breakfast over there" Asuka pointed to another equally offensive creation.

"Just what is it?" Misato decided to prod the mass to ensure that whatever it was, was completely dead.

"What, missing the labels? Or are you drunk already? It's spicy tomato omelette, sausage and French toast. Wonder girl even helped" Misato tried to reconcile Asuka's words with the thing in front of her.

"I think I'll skip breakfast and just have my beer" Misato began to move towards her stash when Rei interrupted.

"There is presently no beer left Katsuragi-san" Misato just stared at the girl, confident she had mis-heard her.

"Doctor Akagi and yourself finished the last of the supply last night. It will need to be restocked" Rei continued, oblivious to Misato's impression of a statue.

<No Beer. Does not compute. Shinji always makes sure beer in fridge. No Shinji. No Beer. World Ending> Misato promptly sat on the floor and began to sob. Her world was fast spiralling out of control.

" No beer, no Shinji" Misato whispered the words over and over to herself as she rocked back and forth, hoping the nightmare she was experiencing would soon be over.

"Just great. Now you've done it First. You've broken her. We need her to drive us to see Shinji before school" Asuka spared the woman a fleeting glance before sitting down to have breakfast. The look and smell convinced her that perhaps she could buy something later, <Even the school cafeteria food is better than this>. Looking over at Rei, she noticed that the First Children was contemplating something similar. "If we don't figure out how to cook, we might have to let Misato take over"

Rei stared at her fellow pilot in disbelief.

"Gott, what am I saying. Maybe I can convince Hikari to come over and help us out." Asuka glared at the mess that littered the kitchen, somehow expecting it to spontaneously clean and tidy itself away.

"Misato, let's go see Shinji. We should be able to get to school from there." Asuka tapped her guardian with her foot.

Seeing little to no response Rei knelt down in front of Misato and gently shook the woman "Katsuragi-san, we must leave now if we are to see Shinji."

"Shinji. Need Shinji. Yes. Go see Shinji. Shinji. Need Shinji Now" Misato quickly stood up and promptly left the apartment, closely followed by the First and Second Children.

"Wonder girl, do you think we should tell her that she really should get dressed before she leaves the apartment?"

***

NERV Medical Complex

"Damn, why couldn't either of you tell me I needed to put some clothes on" Misato was hastily getting dressed in the back of the car. "I always knew leaving clothes in the car would come in handy" She muttered to herself.

"Somehow I think you've just ruined one of the few shirts Baka owns." Asuka waited impatiently for the woman to finish.

Climbing out of the car, Misato straightened her skirt and shifted Shinji's T-shirt to accommodate her chest. The resulting image was a short skirt that barely covered her posterior and a plain white t-shirt, straining at the seams.

"Shinji won't mind. We were sharing all sorts of things long before either of you girls moved in" Misato completed her eclectic ensemble with her red jacket. "Lets go see how 'MY' Shinji's doing"

"How is he 'YOUR' Shinji" both girls demanded.

"We have been living together for so long now, it's almost like we're husband and wife" Misato declared with a whimsical smile.

"HUSBAND AND WIFE!"

The trio continued their way into the hospital, Misato teasing both Asuka and Rei with her suggestive innuendo about her life with Shinji before either of them had moved in.

Rounding a corner, Asuka was about to fire off another scornful remark about tramps and perverts when she noticed Commander Ikari standing outside the Intensive Care Ward where Shinji was kept.

Wondering why the opinionated red head had stopped, Misato tapped her on the shoulder. Asuka pointed towards the Commander "What's he doing here? He's never given a damn before."

Rei's eyes narrowed slightly as she stared at the Commander. "He seeks to manipulate the situation to his benefit."

Both Misato and Asuka growled at the implications of Rei's statement.

Deciding to let things play out, the three of them watched the Commander interrogate the medical staff.

"He's smiling" Misato whispered in shock.

"Sheisse, what's it mean? Wonder girl?"

Rei simply began striding towards the Commander.

"I thought she was meant to be the analytical one" Misato wondered as she made to follow.

"When it comes to the Baka, she tends to lose control of the whole Ice Maiden facade and plunges head on" Asuka responded.

Commander Gendou Ikari noticed the approach of the two pilots and their commanding officer. Instead of waiting for them to confront him, he ignored them completely and left in the opposite direction.

Rei briskly walked past the doctor into the IC Ward, followed by Asuka. Misato decided to grab the Doctor by her lab coat and none to gently shoved her against the wall.

"What did the Commander want?" Misato's voice was low and hinted at pain if the answer was not immediately forthcoming.

"The Third Children is his son. As a concerned Father he …." The Doctor's voice was cut off as her head bounced off the wall while Misato shook her.

"Try again. The Commander is the last person to give a damn about what happens to Shinji."

The Doctor glared indignantly at the carelessly dressed woman threatening her. "I suggest you ask the Commander his reasons then. He does not have to explain his presence to me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have duties to attend to" Dusting herself off, the Doctor walked down the corridor, in the same direction the Commander left.

Misato watched her leave, imagining the bullets impacting into her back, and then decided that seeing her Shinji took precedence over the killing of arrogant medical staff.

***

Somewhere

He had been sitting on the cliff edge for some time now. How long exactly, escaped him. It was hard to gauge time without something like the passage of the sun to measure against. He would have used the spiral galaxy that floated in the void some distance away, but it didn't appear to be moving. Or so slowly it didn't register. "I wonder how quickly a galaxy takes to complete a single revolution?" He idly wondered.

<She's back> he mused to himself. How he knew that the person behind him was female escaped him. He simply knew. The same with how he knew she was there. It was an awareness at the fringes of his mind. It felt like her warm breath was gently blowing across his neck. He was certain that he could feel her fingers lightly drift across his back, caressing him. But every time he turned around, she was gone. He was seriously beginning to doubt his sanity. The last thing he could recall was a rather disjointed series of images. Rei, Asuka, a festival, a young child, a pink balloon and light.

Sighing once more, Shinji Ikari let his curiosity get the better of him and turned around, hoping to catch a glimpse of his mysterious visitor.

"No such luck." He sighed. "Wish I had my SDAT."

Turning back to stare off into the void, he missed the sultry dark eyes watching him intently. Or the hunger that burned within their depths.

***

Observation Room

"A reaction has been detected Ikari" Kouzou announced as Gendou Ikari entered the lab.

"Naturally" Concise and direct, he began inspecting the readouts of several monitors.

"He has none of the safeguards that were engineered into Rei. The human mind is not capable…" Kouzou trailed off as he noticed the smirk on the younger man's features.

"Fuyutsuki, I only need him alive. At least for now. Whether his mind can process and accommodate the procedure is irrelevant." Apparently satisfied with what was displayed, Gendou made his way to leave. "Ensure to keep me posted on any changes and tell Doctor Subaru to prepare for the 'treatments' the Third will require."

"Of course" Kouzou watched the monitor that displayed the individual of interest.

***

NERV Intensive Care Ward

Three woman stood at on observation window and watched the figure within with keen interest. Each one introspective in their thoughts of just what he meant to them. To all three, there was no easy way to dissect and analyse their relationship with the young man.

It transcended most levels of personal interaction.

They weren't family. But even family lacked the bond that existed between them.

They lived with each other.

Their lives depended on each other.

They knew more about each other than any other person alive did.

"I think he looks a lot better today. What do you think?" Misato whispered, unable to take her eyes of the young man that consumed her thoughts of late.

"Feh. It's the Invincible Baka Shinji we're talking about. He's probably just angling for sympathy. As soon as they let visitors in, I'll soon knock some sense into him" While her words were derogatory, they lacked the venom that normally laced her comments.

"I cannot sense him." Rei placed a single palm against the glass.

"What are you mumbling about Wonder girl?" Asuka snapped.

"That which is him. I cannot discern his presence." Rei closed her eyes.

"Misato, just what has happened to Wonder girl?" Asuka clicked her fingers next to Rei's ear to no effect.

"In all honesty, I sometimes wonder that myself." Misato left the statement open, not really understanding just what Rei was.

"Whatever. Come on First, we have to get to school."

"If you'd like, I'll give you a lift. I need to head back home to change before I head into work." Misato idly tugged her skirt down in the hopes it would at least cover her to some degree.

"Like what you normally wear is any better. You must enjoy all those perverts ogling you Misato." Asuka mocked.

"Oh is that right. Then who was it that bought a whole range of lacy panties and bras that just have to be hand washed huh? Knowing full well who does all the laundry." Misato laughed at the flustered look of embarrassment wash over Asuka's face.

"Yeah, well I wasn't the only one, Wonder girl bought some too. And they're no worse than some of the stuff you have." Asuka fumed.

The bickering continued all the way to school. In a way, taking their minds off the central problem in their life.

***

Tokyo-3 MunicipalHigh School

"Tried to do him in, didn't ya Devil Girl!" Touji didn't even allow Asuka to get past the doorway entrance into the classroom before he launched his first verbal barb.

"What is it you're talking about dumb jock?"

"Shinji. Ya put in hospital. What he do this time? Overcook the food? Maybe he actually spoke up for himself, told you what he really thinks of you?" Touji crossed his arms over his chest, trying to look as imposing as only a fifteen year old male could.

The look on Asuka's face turned from incredulous to murderous instantly. Literally throwing the nearest desk (student included) out of her way she began her way towards the creature who had the audacity to not yet spontaneously combust under her gaze.

The sound of flesh impacting on flesh and the image of Hikari Horaki striking the boy across the face halted Asuka's advance somewhat.

"How could you say such a terrible thing Touji?" Hikari stood in front of the lad, barely able to restrain herself from kicking him. "Apologise this instant!"

"What. No way in hell am I apologising to that bitch" Touji grunted as Hikari's foot lashed out and caught him in the shin.

"Suzuhara!" Touji blinked, confused by the girl using his last name. They had developed an 'understanding' of sorts over the intervening months of his rehabilitation.

"Look Hikari. Red's been on Shinji's case since day one. She's made his life a living hell. She's always been jealous of the fact that he's number one." Touji dodged the next kick before it landed.

"You don't know anything stooge. Anything at all" Both Hikari and Touji turned to stare at Asuka as she spoke. Her entire body trembling as she attempted to maintain an appearance of control and dignity, when every thread of her existence was screaming for her to destroy the 'thing' before her.

"Suzuhara, it would be advisable if you made your apology." Now all three turned to stare at Rei as she passed the trio on her way to her desk.

Touji Suzuhara glanced at the those around him. Advice his father had given him a while back suddenly reminding him that the woman was always right and that 'Hell hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned'. Besides, he didn't really want to upset Hikari.

"Okay, Okay." Touji slowly made his way to his desk, ensuring to keep the Red Devil in his line of sight. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that about you. There, satisfied Hikari?"

"You should be Touji. Asuka even convinced Major Katsuragi to allow us to go see Shinji-kun this afternoon after school." Hikari punctuated her statement by stabbing her index finger into Touji.

"Yeah, but I'm beginning to think that the last thing Baka Shinji needs is to have this walking disease anywhere near him" Asuka stared imperiously at the source of her intense dislike.

"Asuka!" Hikari turned to face her best friend.

Asuka could easily read the look Hikari sent. "Yeah. Whatever. Misato said we could all go visit him this afternoon. No camera though Geek"

Kensuke, who up to this point had been quietly filming the little spat grinned. "Trust me"

Asuka delivered a withering glance that spoke volumes about just what she thought of the wannabe spy.

"Excuse me Class Representative Horaki, but I believe it is time for class to commence" All children and Children (well, not Rei) turned to face the elderly sensei as he entered the classroom.

"My apologies Sensei" Hikari stuttered as she made her way to her desk and ordered the class to rise, bow and sit.

While the school had been rebuilt, it soon became apparent that the elderly teachers curriculum had not deviated one iota as he started in on his days as a child living in Pre Second Impact Japan.

***

Office of The Supreme Commander of NERV

"Commander, the Resonation Sequencing Facility is prepared to commence 'treatment' of the Third Children." Doctor Tsukasa Subaru waited for the man to acknowledge her presence. She had spent the last Five years performing highly illegal experiments on human subjects for shadow agencies around the world. Now, NERV and SEELE had finally recognised her talents and she would finally be able to conduct her experiments on the infamous Third Children. She felt giddy. While in her early Thirties, her appearance conveyed the impression of a much younger, almost childish nature. The truth was far more disturbing. In Gendou Ikari she had found a companion soul. His dark nature complemented her own. She felt attracted to the man, but not physically. His presence called to her like the Siren's Song. Her physical desires were satiated, by other forms of 'entertainment'. She licked her lips in anticipation. The forthcoming battery of tests she would perform on the Third Children made her think of the deliciously painful things she would force upon her 'pets' when she went home tonight.

"Excellent, Doctor. Ahead of time as promised. Very well. Proceed with the schedule as previously discussed."

"The Third's body is presently unable to cope with the full procedure as of yet but I be…"

Gendou interrupted the young woman. "Irrelevant. The projected timeframe will not be stalled. Is that understood, Doctor?"

"Of course Commander. Everything will proceed as discussed." Seeing that Gendou had nothing further to contribute, Doctor Tsukasa Subaru turned and left.

"I don't know how you tolerate her Ikari?" Kouzou stepped forward from the shadowy depths of the room after the departure of the Doctor.

"Her credentials are exemplary. I care nothing for her personal activities. As long as she continues to play her part, I will allow her recreational pastimes to continue" Gendou knew full well of the young Doctor's predatory habits.

"And what of the boy? Her disregard for human life may place him in jeopardy"

"The Doctor is a professional, Fuyutsuki. Like most professionals, she can distinguish between work and play."

Kouzou wondered whether Gendou could make such a distinction anymore.

***

NERV Command Centre

"Misato, you're late" Ritsuko voiced loud enough for the entire bridge crew to hear.

"I know, but the girls wanted to see Shinji before they went to school and , well, you know" Misato's smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

Shigeru Aoba stopped his air guitar for a moment to ask how the boy was doing.

Misato shrugged "It's just too early. He still hasn't regained consciousness yet."

"Shinji survived the Angels, Katsuragi-san. I'm sure he won't let this stop him." Makoto Hyouga tried to encourage the woman who was his immediate Supervisor and long time object of secret affection.

"Of course he'll be back. Just you wait and see. Right Sempai?" Maya Ibuki chimed in.

"Maya-kun's right Misato. It's still early days yet. Give it some time and he'll be back at your apartment. Then you and the two girls can satiate your lust" Ritsuko grinned maliciously.

Misato turned red "You promised you wouldn't talk about that Ritsu-chan"

"I made no such arrangement" Ritsuko chuckled at her friends discomfort.

Suddenly Misato found herself under a barrage of questions as the bridge crew queried Ritsuko's implied statement.

"I hate you Ritsuko, so much I can taste it" Misato muttered.

***

NERV Medical Complex

"Never did like this place." Touji commented to no one and everyone. "Spent too much time here with Mari," His eyes gazed out at a spot only he could see, "then had to be here myself." Flexing his arm around Kensuke's neck. "Least they put me back together, better than before!"

"Need …… air ……. Breathe" Kensuke managed to gulp out as he turned an off shade of purple.

"You two, quit it. We're here to see Shinji-kun. Or did you already forget?" Hikari growled at the two delinquents.

"Don't worry about the idiot duo, Hikari. They're just here to see Misato. Just wait and see" Asuka smirked at Touji's obvious discomfort as Hikari scowled at him.

"Speaking of living Goddesses" Kensuke said as he straightened his glasses.

"What do you mean we can't see him. I'm his guardian and commanding officer. I saw him just this morning." Misato was presently in a rather heated discussion with the medical staff at the reception desk.

"Misato, what's wrong?" Asuka asked as the group made their way over to join her.

"What's wrong? These jerks won't let us in to see Shin-chan!" Misato's hand was twitching dangerously close to her holstered sidearm.

"What is the reason for this?" Rei inquired of the frazzled nurse behind the counter.

"Doctor Tsukasa and Commander Ikari's orders. The Doctor can explain when she returns shortly. If you'd like to wait" the nurse gestured to the waiting room.

"We'll wait. I am not leaving here until I see Shinji. And the Doctor better have one hell of an explanation" Misato spat out as she stomped over to take a chair giving her the best view of the reception area.

"Man she's so cool. Kami, I can't believe how lucky Shinji is" Kensuke intoned as he gazed at the woman he was certain fulfilled every essential criteria for what a woman should be.

Touji, noting Hikari's cool gaze chose to cuff his friend across the back of the head.

"Ow, that hurt Touji. Geez you're so whipped now that the Class Rep and you are an item." Kensuke muttered as he rubbed the back of his head.

***

NERV Medical Test Facility

Meanwhile in a test facility, deep in the bowels of the NERV Medical, a team of dedicated, ruthless and completely unscrupulous doctors and scientists lead by one Doctor Tsukasa Subaru commenced the latest in a series of rigorous procedures on their test subject, Third Children, Shinji Ikari.

"Subject successfully loaded into Harmonic Resonance Chamber."

"Commence LCL Mutagenic Saturation" Doctor Subaru ordered.

From within the control room, Tsukasa and her hand picked team watched as modified LCL filled the specially crafted chamber.

Resembling an oversized sarcophagus made of a transparent material, the Chamber contained one Shinji Ikari, devoid of all the bandages and casts that he required, suspended by long, thin metal rods, small perforations running the full length of the shaft. They pierced his body, giving the impression of a human hedgehog.

Anyone familiar with acupuncture would have realised the significance of the locations that the rods pierced his slender young frame.

"Saturation complete"

"Commence pressurisation. Monitor dimensional fluctuations carefully."

While outwardly nothing appeared to change, a small trail of blood began to issue from the young mans mouth and nose.

"Pressurisation complete. LCL entering the subjects body via resonance spikes."

LCD panels monitored every aspect of the chamber and it's occupant.

"Life signs failing. The subjects body cannot maintain sustained pressure."

"Ignore them for now. Commence Resonance"

Even within the protected environment of the control room, the people could discern the subtle, rhythmic hum as the metal rods piercing Shinji's body began to conduct the subtle harmonic signals along with the modified LCL into his body. The oscillations so slight that his flesh did not even recognise the vibrations.

"Vital signs are all over the place. Subject is at threshold."

"What of his dimensional pattern?"

"Subject has achieved a synchronised state of 14.743%"

"Vitals failing. Complete system shutdown in 5 4 3 2 1. Subject is terminal"

"Pulse the tank."

A burst of dark red liquid issued from Shinji's mouth as his body convulsed slightly, unable to move more than a few millimetres.

"No response"

"Again" Once more the blood issued forth.

"Vitals back on line. Subject stabilised to Tank conditions. Incredible"

"Pattern reading?"

"20.235%. Unbelievable! Perhaps initiating an NDE (Near Death Experience) precipitates the substantial increase"

"Initiate shutdown sequence. Good work people. The Commander will be pleasantly surprised. He expected we would achieve no more than 15% at the most. We'll continue monitoring for fluctuations and continue tomorrow."

***

Somewhere

Shinji felt sick. No, worse than sick. His body was on fire, his insides churning and twisting.

"What's happening. Do the dead feel pain?" He buckled over as another searing sensation of agony tore through him.

He chuckled to himself as he slowly adjusted to the constant sensation that burned within him. "Nearly as bad as piloting"

He slowly lost consciousness.

As his vision faded, he saw a young woman, pale and naked, with long silver white hair and dark eyes walking towards him.

She smiled at him.

***

NERV Medical Complex

Misato sat impatiently, tapping her heels against the tiled floor. She ignored the idle chatter of Asuka and her friend Hikari. She ignored the covert ogling of Suzuhara and Aida. She even ignored Rei as Rei in turn ignored those around her.

Her thoughts were focussed on Shinji Ikari. Her Shin-chan.

<When I get a hold of that Doctor I'm going to …>

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of the Doctor that she had harassed earlier outside the Intensive Care Ward where Shinji had been recuperating, accompanied by a medical team.

Within seconds Misato, closely followed by the others, stood in front of Doctor Subaru, who in turn calmly assessed the situation.

"What are you doing with Shinji?" Misato questioned. The tone of her voice left no doubt in the minds around her that she would have an answer or else.

"Commander Ikari ordered that the Third Children be returned to Active Duty sooner rather than later. To this end, we are proceeding with a series of treatments to help facilitate this." Doctor Subaru knew this answer was a minor truth of the overall scheme. Not that lying was any real obstacle. Truth hurt, and she enjoyed hurting people. Her eyes strayed over at the three young women.

"What treatments? Dr Akagi informed me that he was already undergoing experimental procedures to help assist in his recovery." Misato did not like the look in the woman's eye. It reminded her of a serpent. Coiled and waiting to strike.

"I am not authorised to disclose that information Major Katsuragi. I suggest you place your request through the necessary channels. And as for Dr Akagi" Dr Subaru smirked, "her field of speciality is Computer and EVA Maintenance. The capabilities of the human physiology is mine."

"May we see Shinji?" Rei stepped forward, masking her revulsion as the Doctor stared at her.

"The treatments are physically taxing. Given his present condition it is advisable that you wait until he has recovered." The Doctor stepped closer to Rei, smiling at her.

"When will that be?" Asuka moved beside the azure haired girl.

"At least until he has regained consciousness. Within a fortnight, I assure you" The doctor took the girls hands in her own. "I assure you, I want nothing more than to return him to his loved ones" The Doctor ran her fingers gently over the hands of the two young women.

Asuka jerked her hand away, not enjoying the way the woman touched her. Rei did likewise.

"Loved ones? What are you talking about? I still need to prove to that pervert that I'm the best EVA Pilot. Beyond that, I really couldn't care." Asuka declared.

"Where exactly Is Shinji?" Touji spoke up as he and Kensuke vied for the best position next to Misato.

"His injuries are such that we must keep him in a secure treatment facility, the IC Ward was not adequate for His Needs." The Doctor stressed 'His Needs'

"If his injuries are so bad, why not bring the equipment to him?" Misato asked.

"You should understand Major, the type of equipment necessary can not just be moved. Even in his condition, it is much simpler to relocate the subject."

"Subject?" Hikari spoke as she stood beside her boyfriend.

"Sorry, it's a habit of mine to not get emotionally tied to the individual patients. It saves on any emotional trauma later if things, don't work out."

"Two weeks. You're sure we can see him in two weeks." Misato contemplated life without being able to even see Shinji and gauge his recovery for herself.

"I give you my solemn promise that he will not only be alive and well, but ready to return to active duty."

"He will be able to return home then" Rei whispered

"Now if you will excuse me, I must assess the data of today's treatments." With that, the Doctor and her entourage left the rather eclectic group standing in reception.

"Two weeks." Misato whispered.

"Hikari, you are cordially invited to the Sohryu, Ikari, Katsuragi, Ayanami household for the next two weeks." Asuka declared.

"Why's that Asuka?" Hikari asked

"Because I am not eating anything Misato cooks." Asuka smiled in an almost pleading fashion. At least as pleading as Asuka ever could manage.

"Hey, at least I can eat my own cooking." Misato countered, "And besides, Shinji never complained."

"That pervert just didn't want to hurt your feelings." Asuka waved her hand in a dismissive fashion.

"But Hikari, seriously, it would help if you could at least come over and give the girls a few pointers on doing the laundry and stuff. We're fast running out." Misato asked of the young brunette.

"We'll do your laundry Misato-san!" Touji and Kensuke chimed in cheerfully.

"Perverts!" Asuka and Hikari yelled in unison as they began attacking the two youths.

"I wouldn't let either of those two anywhere near my underwear." Misato exclaimed

"Shinji is the only one I will allow to do my laundry" Rei agreed.

"Like the idea of Shin-chan handling your panties, huh Rei!" Misato teased as a pink tinge appeared on the girls cheeks.

"Please do not say such things in public Katsuragi-san" Rei stated as she continued to blush.

"Wonder girl, you're such a pervert" Asuka taunted.

Misato continued her none to gentle ribbing of Rei, causing the normally emotionally controlled girl into completely new realms of embarrassment.

End Chapter the Third

Tbc

I hope things are proceeding nicely, not too rushed. But I don't want to bore people to tears either. Asuka and Rei's adventure in the kitchen? Rei II probably found cooking to be too trivial to bother with and Asuka comes across as someone who, while trying to be independent, has had others doing the more menial things for her while she concentrated on EVA and her academic studies. Probably where her infatuation with Kaji (her guardian in Germany) stemmed from.

Just what are the Doctor and Commander doing to Shinji? Wait and see.

And will Misato finally cook? Will anyone eat it?

Ja Ne