Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Reminiscent ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

°º¤ø,¸ 4;¸,ø¤º°`° ;ºÂ¤Ã¸,[R€mïñiÂ&# 167;©eNt]°º¤ø, ¸Â¸,ø¤º°`Â& #176;º¤ø,¸
 
~Chapter 1~
 
 
Author's Notes: Welcome to chapter one of my first NGE fanfiction. I thank you all for your heart-warming support so far and hope that you continue to read and review my works. Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any characters related to Neon Genesis Evangelion, the series. My only possession is the plot, and no profit is made from this piece of writing.
 
 
“Pilot Ikari?”
 
“Yes?” replied the monotonous youth, “What is it, Ayanami-san?”
 
“Our presence is required at the NERV headquarters in an hour. Is this information clearly understood?” The blue-haired albino girl asked with minimal expression shown on her pearly visage. Dressed in her usual school uniform, consisting of a light blue skirt and white top, she looked nearly normal amongst the hordes of high school students in the cafeteria.
 
The boy she was talking to, Ikari Shinji, was her classmate and co-pilot in the NERV's Evangelion Series, Unit 01 to be precise. Unruly jet-black hair and thin frame was what the 15-year old boy possessed. The school uniform hung loosely on his bony shoulders as he searched his pocket for his agenda and scribbling the note down.
 
“Understood.”
 
“Such intimate and lively discussion the pair have.” Touji laughed, patting his friend's back forcefully but meant no pain (which Shinji didn't know.). “If it takes you two this long to seek each other out and talk `business' … I wonder how long it'll take until you two make out.” An amused grin from ear to ear was stretching on his face, “Maybe if you're lucky … you two'll start getting' serious in what? 15 years time?”
 
“Shut up, Touji.” Shinji gritted his teeth and bore his friend's teasing, “There's nothing going on other than a strict professional relationship between Ayanami Rei and I.”
 
“Professional …” the tall boy nudged the EVA pilot with a suggestive expression.
 
“Oh, shut up.”
 
•Â·.·´¯` ;·.·•
 
“Your turn again!”
 
“Is not!”
“Is so! I won fair and square.”
 
“Yeah right.” The Third Child rolled his eyes at the Second Child. Deciding who would do the chores was always a spectacular event at the Katsuragi/Ikari/Lanley household … since it usually involved some form of violence, usually resulting in the Third Child forced into doing just about all the duties for the month. Although he knew the methods of deciding (involving some shrewd game of `Rock, Paper, Scissors') always magically cause him to lose, the reserved boy seldom complained. The Second Child, Asuka, was only all to happy to take advantage of his silent ways, seemingly never guilty of her actions.
 
Misato, the official `guardian' of the two EVA pilots was usually too drunk to partake in such activities involving analysis, thought and planning. Having recently gone through a rather messy and emotionally distressing separation with Kaji, she was definitely in no condition to think … at all. Outside of her Major duties at the local NERV headquarters where she put on a masquerade that almost sickened here housemates, everyone could agree that she was an emotional wreck, a glob of tears, a landmine that could be set off by the slightest annoyances … all outside the workplace, of course.
 
“It has been decided then, that you, Ikari Shinji, are doing: the dishes, the laundry, and vacuuming for the next 4 weeks.” Asuka exclaimed happily, “While I, the magnificent Asuka Langley is taking care of general tidiness and … dusting. That's fair, ne?” It was a rhetorical question, not one to be answered by Shinji (who just recently figured that out).
 
“Not that you care about my opinion whatsoever …”
 
“You're absolutely right, I don't!” Her cheeriness only sickened the boy more, but controlling Asuka-induced vomit seemed to have become natural for him now.
 
“Better get to it! This place's filthy.”
 
Shinji sighed, there was no use in retaliating or attempt to argue his way out of it. `It isn't so bad', he often convinced himself, the mantra repeating in his head at that moment before the doorbell snapped him out of his trance.
 
“I'll get it!” The girly voice called out from the kitchen, followed by a few shuffling footsteps before the creaking door was swung open. “He- …” There was silence.
 
Shinji looked up from the beer cans he was stacking, “Who is it?”
 
“Come see for yourself.”
 
That was odd, his housemate was never at a lost for words or seemed flustered, which it appeared to Shinji at the moment. Even PenPen, the resident penguin looked up from his gourmet fish to investigate the matter.
 
Her clothes were tattered, several wires protruded from her circuited uniform. Hands shaking and her crimson eyes droopy, she forced a smile upon her face. Several gashes marked her body and facial lacerations damaging her usual porcelain features. Her light blue hair framed her head not with its usual sleekness but stood messily on its ends. She looked as if just having survived a torrential storm … or a brutal fight. The chances are, Shinji knew, that it was the latter.
 
“Come in, Ayanami-san.”