Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Ikari Doctrine ❯ The Woods of the Morn ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Neon Genesis Evangelion. A company named Gainax does. If they request I take this off of the net then I will.

A/N: Whoa!! It took a little over twenty-thousand words to get through with one episode. Hopefully we can get through at least the next couple of episodes with the same amount. Thanks for the reviews as well!! Well, on with the show!!!!! I hope all yall enjoy it!

Also: Thanks to Alexei Seranov, Xeo, and Doctor-J for pre-reading.

If it is in Italics, it is thought

If not in Italics it is either descriptive or action

If it is in "…" then apparently this is speech.

The Ikari Doctrine: Chapter 7 / The Woods of the Morn

Shinji stared down at his flexing hand through the amber liquid that he detested so much, that he felt so comfortable in. He could feel the jerk as the Eva began rolling its way to the designated launch area. Defeating the angel had become insignificant to him. He knew that he and Asuka would defeat it; they had trained hard the last two days and had become a little too close for comfort. So close in fact that they could finish each other's sentences, and feed each other while watching television. Hell, if he wanted to, he could beat the angel himself with relative ease. No, the angel was definitely not the problem here. The problem was his roommate: Asuka Langley Sohryu. Shinji had known that he liked the redhead, but figuring out that he loved her had baffled Shinji to no end. Sure, he had thought that he loved her, but he was never so certain about anything in his life than the moment he knew it for fact. Through his whole life, the meaning of love had been lost on Shinji. Others had talked about it, like it was something that was everywhere and anyone could just reach out and grab it. As far as he knew, it was just some big conspiracy to try and trick him into believing in something that wasn't there… Like God. Now, not only does he know that love exists, but what confuses him is how he could fall in love with… her?! Since the moment he met the one-woman blitzkrieg he had thought her pompous, irritating, and loud. However, most of all, she was a variable. The young Ikari despised variables. Every time he found a groove in life he was comfortable with, a variable had to come along and fuck it up. Oh yes, hatred for variables ran deep within this Ikari, and Asuka was the biggest variable of all. Eva was dwarfed when compared to Asuka. The temperamental German had single handedly screwed up his budding groove with the Eva variable, and squashed any possibility of getting back into that groove. Now he was in love with a variable. Logic was seemingly thrown out the window.

*********************************************************************** *

D-Day: Morning

The morning had found Shinji free of any handcuffs on and lying next to Asuka. Shinji had opened his eyes at about the same time the redhead did but neither one of the two moved for what seemed like forever. If you were to look closely enough, you could notice their chests rise and fall in perfect unison. It was Shinji who smiled softly first, and then, a Second later; a small smile grew on Asuka's face as well.

"Good morning." Shinji whispered hesitantly, afraid he might destroy this little 'moment'.

He did.

Asuka sighed audibly as she lifted herself off of the bedding.

"Good morning, Baka."

Asuka blinked a couple of times as she looked down upon the Third Child. She then rubbed her eyes with balled up fists and yawned loudly.

That was it.

That was the moment he knew, without a bloody shadow of a doubt, that he loved the young woman that was looking down at him. He had captured the moment beautifully in his mind. Red hair was sticking out, in what seemed like every direction, and a couple of strands had obviously never heard of the force of gravity, and if they had, they chose not to believe in it. The disheveled and stained clothes didn't do anything to help her attractiveness. The crustiness falling from her eyes directly at him did nothing to add to her allure, and the wet streak that made its way from the corner of her mouth all the way to the bottom of her chin was not helping the sexual pull he might be feeling for her. No, all of these things combined still led the young Ikari to the same inevitable conclusion.

She's so beautiful… I love her.

And that thought scared the ever-loving-hell out of the 'invincible' Third Child. You could tell it too, by the way his eyes widened in apparent horror, and he quickly scurried away from the redhead.

Oh shit! I don't love her! I don't love her! I don't love her!

"What the hell's the matter with you?" Asuka quizzed the frightened boy that had crab-walked his way across the living room floor until he was halted by the couch.

…love her...! Huh, what?

"Oh, uh… nothing… nothing at all… I just remembered something from the dream I was having."

Lie to her, that's always better than the truth.

"Whatever… ya freak. I'm using the bathroom, and I'll be out soon to help with breakfast. Don't you dare play 'Mr. Voyeur' on me, Baka, or I swear I'll tear you a new asshole through your sternum…"

I must be insane… I love that…

Shinji watched her turn and head toward the bathroom. Once the door closed Shinji let out a sigh of relief. He needed this time to sort out the new discovery, and ponder how one could have their sternum be turned into the end of the digestive tract.

Listen to yourself man, you've only known this girl for a little over a week, so you can't be in love with her, and you don't even know what love is…

He tried for the next five minutes to convince himself that he didn't love the Second Child, but in the end it had the same affect as trying to convince someone that the world was really flat. IT'S ROUND DAMNIT!!!

Ok… I love her, now what?

He didn't have time to formulate an answer for his own query, because the redhead had just opened the door to the bathroom. A beautiful woman stepped out of the bathroom clad in two towels, one adorning her head and one wrapped around her chest.

He could only stare.

"What are you looki…" That's all she got out, before the towel covering her chest slipped. She caught it before it revealed too much, but Shinji caught a glimpse of pink. As Asuka's face turned red from embarrassment, Shinji looked down at his shorts, then back up at Asuka, all thoughts of the mystery of love gone from his mind.

His face contorted into one of anger as he pointed an accusatory finger at the girl and yelled,

"IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!"

*********************************************************************** *

D-Day minus 1

Slowly, one by one the senses of Shinji Ikari came back online from his peaceful sleep-induced coma. Feeling something warm, heavy, and wet…

Wait a second… Wet? The hell?!

…on top of his chest snapped the young Ikari out of his musings like a firecracker in a retirement home. To his horror, the slumbering form of the Second Child was nestled upon his chest and surprisingly, drooling like a five-month-old baby. Within a split-second the events of last night flooded his mind, with this onslaught of information, the Third Child could only mutter a single word before his soon to be demise.

"…Shit!"

Okay, calm down, she's still asleep… oh no!

It was at this time that Shinji realized the severity of his own situation. It is problem that has haunted Man since the dawn of time.

Morning wood.

Shinji stared up at the ceiling with an expression of helplessness. It was pressing against the fiery redhead's thigh.

It's Okay! It's Okay! He tried to reassure himself, I know how to deal with this kind of situation.

Shinji squeezed his eyes shut tight and visualized.

Okay, Father in a tutu… Father in a tutu… Father in a tutu… oh... oh… there it is, it's going dow…

Atop Shinji the beauty shifted.

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Now I'm scarred and it got me absolutely no where.

Shinji let out a sigh.

Fuyutsuki and father kissing… Fuyutsuki and father kissing… Fuyutsuki and father kissing… yes… yes… almost… almmooosssstttt…

Asuka moved her leg back and forth trying to find a more comfortable position.

OOOHHH! That felt goo... NO! NO! Focus Shinji... Focus!

Sensei naked… Sensei naked… Sensei naked…

This mental image was so… wrong, it went through Shinji's cranium and straight into the blissfully unaware Second Child's. Asuka stirred.

Fuck…It was more of a resigned mental exasperation.

Shinji could only watch as the girl on his chest began to stir. She wrapped her arms around both sides of the boy and rubbed her head back and forth into his chest as if it were a pillow. She stopped moving her head back and forth and propped it up on his chest with her chin. The sleeping angel's eyes lazily opened and…

…she smiled a soft smile.

Shinji smiled warmly back at the girl.

Something is poking me in the thigh… wait…I shouldn't be feeling… this isn't… not… poking…dream?!

The incoherent first thoughts of the Second Child began to reformulate themselves.

This might not be that b…

Asuka's eyes widened.

Shinji's eyes widened.

Asuka screamed.

Shinji screamed.

It was hilarious to see the Third and Second Child's faces screeching at each other no more than four inches apart. That is until the action started of course. Asuka scrambled to get away from Shinji. The first attempt by the beauty found her snapped back to her original position. Shinji just lied there helplessly. The second attempt went well for her… but not so much so for Shinji.

Knee… connection… morning wood…

SNAP!!

Asuka dragged the boy, now in fetal position, for a few feet before she stopped.

"WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU DOING TO ME??!!!

No answer was forthcoming from the boy.

"BAKA HENTAI!!!! ANSWER ME!!!

No answer.

"You better answer me!!!"

No answer.

She kicked him with her free foot, but the boy barely moved.

In fact she couldn't hear the boy breathing at all. She made her way over to Shinji and leaned over him to see his face. His face was whiter than she had ever seen it and his eyes were squashed shut. She leaned down further to try and hear him breathing. It was there, but barely.

Well I can't be blamed for killing him at least.

Asuka leaned up against the wall she had made her way to and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The girl had waited thirty minutes before she decided that action was needed.

She drug the still helpless boy over to the cordless phone.

Brrinngg… Brrinngg…. Brrinngg…Brriin…

"Y'hello… whaaat d'ya want?" Misato said through a stifled yawn.

"Misato… I think I broke Shinji."

"Yes…. Yes... Yes, YES, YES!! I told you fifteen times already Misato, it is quite impossible to break!

….

"What did you try?"

….

"Was that necessary?"

….

"You went that far?"

….

"Well maybe it's traumatized."

….

"Look, get Shinji and have him wait on the phone."

….

"It's an experiment."

Misato handed the phone to the now free and semi-coherent Shinji.

"Maya, could you do something for me?"

Maya could only guess what her sempai was talking about, and she was wrong.

"Yes sempai!"

Always excited; such a sweet girl.

The good doctor explained the situation to her understudy and told her what her role would be in this little… experiment.

Maya reluctantly agreed to participate.

It started out slowly; Maya was just as embarrassed about the situation as Shinji was worried.

It heated up.

The good doctor found herself witnessing Maya's sex drive first hand.

The young lieutenant had gotten into the experiment rather heavily. She had started to use hand motions in the beginning, then to pacing, then to her hands roaming over her body… and the words.

Oh my!

The imperviously cold doctor found herself heating up quite nicely. Her cheeks had taken on a reddish hue as well.

On the other end of the line, what should have been a full on heart attack by the part of Shinji was only mild shell shock.

"…and your big, muscular, sexy, purple super bio-mechanical fighting machine!"

Near the end, Maya had added a fully developed plot line.

I wonder if she's thought about this before.

"That was… very interesting Maya!"

"Thank you sempai!" Maya said with flushed cheeks.

Ritsuko picked up the phone.

"So that did it then."

….

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

….

"He's actually weeping?"

….

"Well thank God I DON'T have that problem!"

….

"The girl tried her best Misato."

….

"I assure you it provoked many a visual picture."

….

"WELL FIGURE IT OUT YOUR OWN DAMN SELF THEN!!!!"

The scientist threw her cell on the ground and proceeded to stomp it for all it was worth.

"…Intelligence in my pinky finger than you have in your whole bleach-blonde head!!"

….

"Well that was rude!"

Misato hung the phone up and turned to look at one weeping world savior and another who was watching the television while sitting upside down. Asuka, it seemed, was oblivious to the goings on around her.

Misato made her way to Shinji, knelt down and ran her hand back and forth on his back.

"Ritsuko said that it would be alright in a day or two Shinji. Right now we need to pull it together and work to beat this angel."

Shinji nodded his head through wails.

"That's a good boy."

I'm getting real tired of people talking to me like I was a dog. Shinji mentally griped.

Shinji's lamentation slowed down enough to give the sync pads a go.

Four hours later, and at precisely noon, the duo of mayhem were only at a sixty-eight percent sync. Things were looking up, but not good.

Probably Shinji's little problem that's holding him back. Misato mentally interjected.

"I have to use the bathroom, can we stop now!" Asuka's whining voice wafted its way over to Misato.

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, she never stops bitching…

"Break for lunch and toilet!" Misato hollered.

Asuka made her way to the bathroom, while Shinji headed to make lunch for the three of them.

"Are you feeling okay Shinji?"

"I can't feel anything at all."

"Nothing?"

"It was the most unbearable pain I had ever endured at first, but now I can't feel anything… down there."

"No pain or discomfort?"

"Nope, like it's not even there."

"Well that's good." Misato stated with a warm smile

….

….

"HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT GOOD!!!????" Shinji shouted while waving a very menacing looking meat cleaver around.

"I mea…"

"DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING??!!" Shinji pointed at her with the meat cleaver.

"I didn't mean it…"

"Just stop talking now."

"I'm really so…"

"ZIP IT!" He jabbed the knife in her general direction.

….

….

"What do you want to eat?"

"A nice sandw…"

"I SAID ZIP IT!!" Shinji threw the knife past Misato's head and by some miracle it stuck in the wall behind her.

Misato's eyes widened.

The kid has freaking lost it.

It was at this point that Misato decided talking was not a good idea.

….

….

"Well where is the food?" Asuka had made her way back. She had seen the knife stuck in the wall beside Misato's head but decided to ignore it.

"I'm making it."

"It's bad enough that I have to work with this animated turnip, but actually having to eat this gruel you Japanese dish out is just plain degrading."

"You know what animated means Asuka?" Shinji quizzed.

"Of course, I'm a genius after all!"

"Then you know what part of me ISN'T ANIMATED ANYMORE!!!"

Asuka ignored the outburst from the Third Child and grabbed a dish cloth from the sink. She pulled the cloth through a circle she had made with one hand. It mad a long puff of cloth.

"You mean like this?"

Asuka let go of the puff of cloth and it fell limply against her hand.

Shinji stared in amazement at her lack of compassion.

"I'll break your…. I mean…. I'll… I'll…" Shinji looked confused.

"Yes, Third?" Asuka asked while grinning evilly.

"NEVERMIND!"

Misato eyes switched from one of her roommates to the other as the argument continued on.

We haven't even fought the angel yet and we're already toast.

*********************************************************************** *

D-Day minus three hours

"Where's Misato at?" Asuka quizzed Shinji as she stepped out of the bathroom after her long hot bath.

Shinji was sitting on his bed roll trying to get his damn SDAT to work. He didn't hear the question. Asuka looked at the blissfully unaware boy with rising contempt.

Damn thing! Must be broke again, damn, things are braking down everywhere.... especially my THINGS!!!

A well placed kick upside the head brought the Third Child out of his reverie and into the carpet floor with a thud.

"OOOWWWW"

"I said, 'Where is Misato?'"

"She had to go in to work, won't be back for tonight..... Damn, that hurt." Shinji answered while rubbing the back of his head.

Shinji watched with great interest as his hotheaded roommate gathered her bed roll and headed into the adjoining room. She plopped the bed roll down on the floor, turned around to face the Third Child and dropped on all fours.

"This is the impenetrable wall of Jericho Third Child, take one step over this wall and you'll be a dead man."

All words were sidetracked for "later reviewing" in Shinji's mind as he stared down at the lovely view Asuka's loosely fit shirt was allowing him.

As the door slammed shut and blocked his view of the beautiful mounds he was previously staring at, Shinji broke away from his ogling state and went over the words she had said.

Wall of Jericho?

Shinji crawled over to the door the redhead was behind and opened it.

Asuka looked shocked and displeased to say the least.

"Didn't the "impenetrable wall of Jericho" fall?" Shinji used his fingers as quotation marks to express his doubt of the impenetrability of the wall.

"WHAT?!"

He knows what I meant!

"It took an army to do it though Third Child, and you're just a wussy baka!"

The Second Child slammed the door shut again barely missing the Thirds face.

Shinji slid the door back open much to Asuka's chagrin.

"ARRGGG... Now what Third Child?"

"But they just blew trumpets as they walked around the wall."

Asuka slammed the door on Shinji yet again.

He's proving to be an annoying little twit!

Asuka's door opened once again.

"So all I have to do is blow a trumpet to get in right?" While venturing his head inside the doorway.

WHAM!!

The door had been slammed shut and his head had been slammed with it. Right after the initial shock a hand pushed none to gently on his face causing him to stumble backwards.

"HMMPHH!"

The door finished its journey. With that all questions Shinji had on penetrability of walls ceased and he resigned himself to sleeping alone.

********************************************************* ***************

D-Day minus 2 hours

Shinji stared into the beautiful face of his companion in angel warfare. She had deposited herself on his bedroll five minutes earlier, after what he had guessed had been a bout of sleep walking. Her pouting lips were too much to resist for the young Ikari and he leaned in to steal a kiss. Just before making initial contact he realized the blatant breech of trust he was about to commit and withdrew, opting to only observe her beauty. She whispered in her sleep.

"Mama..."

As a single tear fell from her eye.

Shinji stared at the now vulnerable girl before him.

He softly whispered to her, "You miss your mother too..."

"I wonder what my mother was like..."

Does your mother love you Asuka? Did mine love me?

With these thoughts came a wrest less sleep.

********************************************************* ***************

CLING!

The Eva roller had finished its trek to the appropriate launch catapult.

We made it to ninety-six percent sync that afternoon after the incident; this should be a cake walk.

Shinji's com channel was opened and he saw the girl he loved giving him a confident smirk.

"We can do this Third Child, just remember the routine."

So beautiful

"Let's do this, Asuka."

Before the com cut off he saw Asuka's smirk grow as she gave a cocky nod and wink combo.

"Are the pilots ready?" The ever in control voice of Captain Katsuragi came over the com.

"Roger!"

"Yeah, yeah."

That's all it took.

"LAUNCH EVA!!"

On command music began to play all over the city, geofront, and most importantly inside each of the Eva's who were currently being skyrocketed to the city above and who were not locked into the catapult.

Once the catapults reached street level, the Evangelions were able to continue on uninhibited. The Evas shot through the air like red and purple bullets. The battle escalated as the angel of art and music returned to their dual forms. The following was a dazzling display of brilliant strategy and perfect synchronization, as the biomechanical behemoths gracefully danced around their query. Armored walls came up to block the angel's attacks just in time. The bridge crew could do nothing but stare in awe as the perfectly synced bio-mechanical bringers of hell flipped through the air missing the angel's next attack and landed on the ground with a rumble already pumping round after round of super heated depleted uranium at the angel. Abandoning the super sized machine guns for a more conventional form of attack the Evas high kicked their respective halves of the angel and then sent it flying backwards with a well placed uppercut. The one two combo the Evas landed force the angel to re-form into a single being. While the angel was stunned the Evas took to the blue sky again, flipping once and coming back down upon the angel with a dropkick to the core. The core cracked as the force of the kick carried the angel and Evas across the city and up a hill leaving a deep trench in the wake of the stunned angel. The angel's core finally gave way when they were almost to the top of the hill and the area was covered in a blinding light.

A chorus of cheers and a few sighs of relief were heard in the command center as the angel was defeated and there projected display was turned into blinding white light.

As Shinji stepped out of his entry plug he surveyed the area. His Eva was being used as a pillow by Asuka's Unit 02. Speaking of Asuka…

Briingg!

Shinji picked up the phone he had never known was there and answered.

"H-hello?"

Shinji was shocked into stumbling backwards as a projection of Asuka's angry German countenance was shot forward at him.

"YOU BAKA! YOU MESSED UP! WHY IS YOUR EVA ON TOP OF MINE?!"

Whoa! This thing is freaky!

"I didn't mess up, apparently you fell on me!"

Asuka animatedly kicked the air in front of the phone projection screen while keeping a trained eye on the real Shinji.

"ARE YOU IMPLYING TH…?"

Asuka watched as the foot that was projected through the video phone seemingly hit Shinji in the head, tossing him backwards. Down the poor boy went.

Asuka watched in awe as the young Ikari fell from the safety of the beasts arm and tumbled his way down the side of the Evangelion only coming to a stop at the warm earth beneath them.

I killed him.

Asuka was genuinely worried about one of the few people she had grown attached to since she had been in Japan. Not to mention from his antidotes at school she had judged him to have balls of steel.

That might be the wrong terminology…

Asuka ran over to the edge of her own entry plug and stood on tippy-toes to get a better view of her fallen comrade. Asuka stared down at the seemingly lifeless boy and asked frantically.

"SHINJI, ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"TALK TO ME SHINJI!!"

She saw the boy lift his head up and appraise himself.

It works again

Shinji smiled up at the beautiful redhead deliriously.

"IT WORKS AGAIN ASUKA!!"

"WHAT WORKS?"

Shinji pointed to the bulge in his plug suit.

"Well I'll be damned."

TBC

A/N: As you all can see this chapter was mainly about Asuka and Shinji. I decided to put the slightest hint of WAFF in this chapter (as odd as my WAFF may be) and Alexei took the crap I wrote and made into something at least palatable. Which if you can do that with my work, you have TALENT!! Hope you liked this chapter!! The next one will hopefully be comedy all the way! And if anyone still has the slightest inkling of a doubt, this will turn out to be an Asuka/Shinji fic. NO NEED TO WORRY REI FANS!!

Rei will not be bashed. Well not badly anyway. Who says Rei needs to find her inner WAFFY feelings first anyway? Hmmm? Maybe she needs to find her cruel and demented feelings first and then WAFFIENESS can consume her.

Well, you all will just have to wait and see J