Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 Just In . C2 . Search . Forums . Directory . Dictionary    Log In . Register  Go  
Anime » Evangelion » The Switch B s : A A A
Author: Persona Ohnlyne   «     »  
 
Evangelion: The Switch by Persona Ohnlyne
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Evangelion, GAINAX does. I'm just borrowing them, I'll give them back when I'm done.
This story takes place a little past the middle of the main story of Evangelion, after the part when the three kids have to make all those compatibility tests, seeing if one pilot can use another Eva (Remember when Rei got on Eva 01 and Shinji in Eva 00). After the attack of 12th angel, but before the 13th angel takes over the Evangelion unit 03.
One more thing. Please keep in mind that, being from South America, english is my second language.
And now, on with the story.
 
 
The Switch, Chapter 2
 
 
Misato yawned as she woke up.
 
It had been a LOOOOOOONG night yesterday. First, the whole ride home, Shinji had been blaming this whole thing on Asuka, telling the german girl that it was because of something wrong with the Eva 02, since HIS Eva 01 was in perfect working condition, and all that kind of things.
 
And even worst, Asuka just looked down at her feet, saying "I'm sorry" every now and then.
 
That was just not right.
 
Misato walked out of her room, and to the kitchen/dining room, to get some breakfast.
 
"Guten morgen Misato-san." Greeted Asuka, turning to look at her when she walked in, who was cooking breakfast. She was even wearing the apron!
 
"Good morning Misato." Said Shinji who was eating breakfast on the table. And what was that can in front of his plate ... Yebisu beer!?
 
"Huh? Asuka? Why ... why are you making breakfast? It's Tuesday, it's Shinji's turn ..." Said Misato, too confused to even move to sit down.
 
Shinji was the one to answer, "Simple, I traded all my chores to Asuka."
 
"What!? Why ... I mean ... why ... just ... why!?"
 
"Well, it figured that it was not fair for me to waste all my precious time, while she doesn't do anything. Don't you think so?" Replied Shinji.
 
"NO! I DON'T think so. What are you doing? You can't just give all your chores to Asuka because you feel like it!" Said Misato in outrage. "And what are you doing drinking beer!?"
 
"Oh this? Don't worry, I'm not gonna drink enough to get drunk. I'm just trying to see why you make so much fuss about it every morning." Replied Shinji.
 
Misato put her hands on her head, she could feel a BIG headache coming. "Whatever, look ... you can't give your chores to Asuka, it's not right."
 
Asuka spoke for the first time, "It's okay Misato-san, really it is."
 
"You stay out of this Asuka. I'm talking to Shinji!" Replied an upset Misato, used to take that tone with Asuka when she didn't listen to reason.
 
But this wasn't the same Asuka as before, all she did was look down, fidgeting with the edge of the apron, and said, "I'm sorry."
 
Hearing that, Misato remembered why they were acting like this in the first place, and immediately regretted talking to poor Asuka that way. "Oh, Asuka, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tell you that ... I'm just so confused ... I'm sorry."
 
Asuka smiled a little. "It's okay Misato-san."
 
"No, it's not okay. The whole universe its upside down!" Misato looked back at Shinji. "And you mister, I can't believe that you would just force Asuka to do your chores! That's not like you."
 
Shinji grinned. "Well, that was the old Shinji. Besides, I never forced her, I told her to do my chores and she said yes. All those weeks of her bossing around everyone and everything, now that the roles have finally changed, I'm gonna make the most of it."
 
"Shinji! I know you! That's not how you are!" Said Misato.
 
"I know, ain't it great." Replied Shinji, finishing his breakfast.
 
"Argh! Just give me a beer!" Misato said, sitting down to eat breakfast.
 
Asuka handed Misato a beer, as she and Shinji picked up their respective school bags and put on their shoes at the entrance.
 
"Good bye Misato. We're off to school." Said Asuka as she walked out the door.
 
"Yeah! I can't wait to talk to Touji and Kensuke about this!" Said Shinji, just before closing the door behind him.
 
At the table, Misato coughed after trying to drink her beer, just when Shinji said that last thing.
 
 
That same morning, a while later. At NERV's main building:
 
Mistao had asked Ritsuko to have a private talk about this whole Shinji and Asuka switching souls. Misato told Ritsuko what had happened in the ride home, and then what she saw this morning at breakfast.
 
After hearing all this, Ritsuko took a sip of her coffee, put a finger on her lower lip and said, "Hmmm..."
 
"So? What do you make of all this?" Asked Misato.
 
"You shouldn't be surprised about all this. After all, Shinji has now Asuka's personality. We all know that Asuka used to boss people around. Now is the same thing, only that is Shinji bossing Asuka." Replied Ritsuko.
 
"Maybe so. But there was something else; Shinji wasn't acting like Asuka did. I mean, Asuka bossed him around, but she never made him do her chores nor she drank my beer." Answered Misato.
 
Ritsuko took another sip of her coffee. Then she sighed and continued her explanation "I was afraid of that. Shinji and Asuka might have switched souls, but they did not change minds. Shinji still remembers who he is and who he was, but more important of all, how he used to be. So does Asuka."
 
"What's your point?" asked Misato.
 
"I'm getting to it." Answered Ritsuko, "As I was saying. The souls that they have now are trying to cope with what they did when they had their original souls. Asuka is feeling an incredible amount of guilt from how she used to boss Shinji around, and is trying to do everything she can to forgive herself. In the other hand, Shinji remembers how Asuka used to boss him around, but now he sees that as wrong, and he has to change roles completely by being even more of a controlling and demanding person that Asuka ever was."
 
"That is not something that I'm looking forwards to." Said Misato while placing a hand on her forehead. "We have to find a way to switch them back soon."
 
"We're working on it, but this isn't something that simple. It'll take time. A LOT of time." She took another sip of her coffee, "So, where are they now?"
 
"School." Replied Misato.
 
"Well, now that would be something interesting to see." Said Ritsuko.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
End of chapter two.
 
To be continued...
 
Author's notes: I know it's a bit short, but the only way to continue this now would be their school day, and I'm still trying to get ideas on that.
In the next chapter, Shinji and Asuka have to face their first day of school whit the switch.
As always, please review.
Persona Ohnlyne