Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Together Forever ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together Forever

Disclaimer: I do not own Evangelion. It belongs to Gainax, and they did a poor job of ending the story: / I really want them to create a better ending...anyway, I've written this story, `cos I've got absolutely nothing better to do. I'll be using sections from both the manga and the series, so if you have any problem, please refer to them. I'm also using several songs in my fic, and I also do not own them. Now I'll get on with the story: )

Chapter 6

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For: This story is dedicated to my friends, Rainbow, Erf, Sividas, Sweety-Tweety, LadyDragoness, ^AussiLady and many other friends who have helped me in this story in any ways possible, from supporting me during the exams and write-up, to helping me get ideas for the story. Thanks Guys!

- - - - -

Mean while at the other side of the mall, the girls were also trying to help Rei get ready.

Holding out a red dress, an assistant commented. "I think that this dress suits you, Miss Ayanami."

"No thank you. I will choose me own," Rei answered, shaking her head, while looking through the dresses available.

"Hmm...hmm... what about this one, Rei?" Hikari asked, holding a navy blue, sleeveless dress.

After considering it for some time, Rei finally voiced her opinion to the freckled girl. "I like it, but I will have to try it on first."

"Sure thing, Rei. Just pick it. Shinji's given me the money to pay for everything," Asuka assured the girl.

Rei nodded, before entering the changing room. When she came out five minutes later, everyone was awestruck.

She had a naturally nice figure, but the dress clung to her curves, making her look way more beautiful than usual. The dress stretched down to her ankles, showing off her small pale feet. Shaking her head slightly, Rei caused her messy hair to fly around her face and neck, imprinting a goddess like impression on the memories of those in the shop.

"Oh...Wow..." Hikari could only whisper.

"Mein Gott! Rei...!" Asuka suck in a breath sharply.

"So, how do I look?" Rei asked, noticing the stunned look on everyone's face.

<Holy power in the name of the maker!> she heard Kaoru's voice in her head. <Oh Wow, Rei! You look... you look...freak. There's absolutely nothing that can explain how you look!>

<That horrible?> Rei asked calmly.

<NO! You look very VERY EXTREMELY stunning!> Kaoru cried, having to degrade Rei's looks by using works to describe it.

<Oh. Thank you.>

"Holy god, Rei. You look absolutely beautiful..." Hikari murmured to Rei.

"Jeez! I never know that you look so...so...pretty, stunning, beautify all melded into one. Must be those stupid uniforms that prevent you from showing off your body," Asuka grumbled for the albino girl, even though she really used to hate her. Now, the feeling of hatred has simmered down to that of neutral.

"Thank you...Asuka," Rei said softly.

- - - - -

"Asuka's already got the reservation at the restaurant, had the bill charged to her, got the tickets for the movie...what else is missing?" Kensuke counted his fingers, listing what the redhead has done.

Shinji's eyes bugged out. "She...she did those?" he spluttered.

"Yeah... what else...?" Toji questioned himself.

Ten minutes later, the boys finally figured out what was missing. "Flowers!" the exclaimed at the same time.

Kensuke looked around "Hey, where's Shinji?"

"Okay. I've got the flowers. I'll need your help again, but this time, it is to help me find a necklace for Rei-cha...Rei," Shinji quickly bit back his words.

His friends narrowed their eyes at him. "What did you call Ayanami?" they demanded.

"Er...Rei?" he said, starting to sweat. Luckily he was not in his suit.

"We'll forgive ya this time, since it's yer date, but tomorrow... you better watch out," Toji warned threateningly, cracking his knuckles.

"He...hehe..." Shinji laughed nervously, and sweatdropped.

- The Other Side Of The Mall -

"Hold on a minute, please. I would like to buy Shinji-kun something," Rei stopped the two accompanying girls.

"What do you have in mind?" Asuka asked.

"I would like to get Shinji-kun a watch, since he does not have one," Rei answered, after some deliberation.

"How about that shop? I've heard that they sell watches made of very excellent quality," Hikari suggested, pointing to the shop filled with watches in it's showcases.

"That is satisfactory. However, I would like to pay for this purchase myself. Thank you, Asuka," Rei told her new friend.

- Meanwhile -

"This one's nice..." Kensuke commented.

"Shut up, Kensuke!" the other two boys growled menacingly. The four eyed moron seemed to find everything nice.

Then, an assistant came up. "May I help you?" he offered.

"Er... can you suggest any necklace that I can get for my date?" Shinji asked shyly.

"Who is your date? It might be easier if I knew the lady," the assistant said.

"Thank you... Alex," Shinji said, after reading the man's name tag. It read `Alex Otoka'.

"I'm born in America, but my parents were both Japanese, so my name is a mixture," Alex explained.

"I see... anyway, by date is Miss Ayanami," Shinji said in understanding.

"Rei Ayanami? Hmm... this should be interesting," Alex said, as he ran through his memory and catalogues. After several minutes, and Shinji was almost having a heart attack at the thought of not being able to get Rei the present, Alex finally answered. "There is one, but I've got to warn you, it is very expansive," he told Shinji thoughtfully.

"May I see it first?" Shinji asked eagerly. He badly wanted to get his Rei-chan a perfect present.

"Sure thing Shinji. If you'd follow me..." Alex trailed off, as he began walking towards a side room.

Shinji started walking after him, when he realized that Alex knew his name. "Alex? How did you know my name?" he asked the older man in front of him.

"I work part time at NERV," was all Alex offered.

Finally they reached the show case. In it was a necklace which shimmered under the influence of the light. It wasn't really flashy or showy, but neither does it seem it dull and lifeless. It had a heart shaped pendant hanging in the front, with several well know gems, being ruby, topaz, emerald, sapphire, amethyst, and an opal, all surrounding a diamond in the shape of a heart in the center of the pendant. The pendant also wasn't very big, which made it seem tailor made just for Rei.

"this necklace and pendant is made out of pure platinum, while the gems are made of the finest quality. Every part of it has been carefully crafted by the best pair of hands which ever touched jewelry," Shinji was told by Alex.

"How much does it cost?" Shinji inquired. He hoped it wasn't too expansive.

"It costs $16,375. Like I said, it'll set you back a pretty penny."

`Thank god that I saved up all I earned as an Eva pilot. I've just got enough," Shinji sighed thankfully. "I'll take it."

"Do you wish to inscribe anything at the back?" Alex asked. "I can help you do that," he continued, smiling.

"Yes please. I would like you to..." Shinji whispered his request.

"No problem," Alex said beaming. "It'll be ready in an hour."

- - - - -

"Beep, beep, beep," Asuka's phone rang. "Soryu," she answered the phone.

*Asuka? Toji here. We're gonna be ready in an hour. How's it doin over dere?*

"Almost ready too. Rei's getting something for Shinji and we'll be going back to the apartment and getting her ready."

*Roger. Wat time izit now?*

Asuka glanced at her watched and answered. "Almost four forty-five."

*Thanks. See ya later!* Toji said, before hanging up.

Asuka turned back, and was surprised by the amount of assistants trying to help Rei.

`They are so...Annoying!' Rei berated mentally, but she did not lose a beat, as she went through all the showcases and at the same time ignoring the assistants. Then a subtle glitter caught her attention.

Walking over to where she had seen the flash of reflected light, she discovered a watch which seemed a little out of date. That however, wasn't the point. She knew that Shinji did not like items which were too bright, as it seemed to represent being in the sharp glare of the lime light for him. It was by chance that she had found this slightly buffed item, as it was kept in a slightly darker area of the shop. It was round, with the routable exterior piece in she shape of a diamond. Upon closer, it could be seen that it had tiny pieces of diamonds decorating its side.

"This is...beautiful..." she said softly, as the two girls came over. "Excuse me, I would like to buy this watch," she then called to the assistants. Immediately, the came over.

"This watch is rather expensive," one of the assistants said. "It's an old model, left over from the 1990s. It's quality is one of the best, and is made by one of the most respectable and durable watch making brands at that time. Considering all this factors, it costs about $4,738."

"I will buy it," Rei stated simply, and withdrew five, thousand dollar notes from her purse. "You may keep the change."

Hikari and Asuka stared. "What is the matter?" Rei asked, turning to them as she waited for it to be placed in a box.

"How did you afford so much money? And how do you bear to get him something so expensive?" her classmates asked.

Rei blinked her crimson eyes. "I save my money as a pilot, and for the second question, `Love has no bounds'" she quoted an old saying. Inside, she thanked her lucky stars that she had a second job as an Eva pilot, or she would have to reveal what she does in NERV. She also dread letting Asuka know that both she and Shinji rank higher than her in NERV.

Asuka nodded. `After all, all of us get paid the same, and considering what her apartment has, she must've save all she earns,' Asuka thought.

- - - - -

"Thank you for coming, Shinji," Alex called, as Shinji left the shop with the necklace in its box in his hands.

"No. Thank you, Alex." Shinji replied, smiling to the assistant. `Mental not to self: promote Alex when I return to NERV.'

"Hey guys! I've got it, and now let's get back to the apartment! I've gotta get ready!" he called to his two friends who were in the arcade.

"Coming!" they called, before finishing their game. Shinji sighed and shook his head. `this two will never grow up,' he laughed to himself.

- - - - -

"Hold still, Rei!" Hikari ordered. "You're going to ruin it if you move too much!" she added, trying to place the curling iron correctly.

"Yeah. And your makeup too!" Asuka agreed with her friend.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I'm very nervous," Rei said in her customized calm voice, although she was fidgeting.

"If you didn't tell us, we could've sworn that you weren't," Hikari told her, with her tongue sticking out of one corner of her lips. "there. All done. Now just to wait for a minute and we can take it off."

"Me too. After all, you don't usually change from your demeanor," Asuka said, getting up from her present position. "Don't touch the make up, or it'll be destroyed," she added, bending backwards. "My back is stiff."

"Thank you Hikari. Thank you Asuka," she said, giving them a small smile, reserved for her closest of friends.

"You're welcome, Rei." Asuka said.

"It's been my pleasure, Rei," Hikari, the more diplomatic one added, taking off the curling irons. Then moving behind the blue haired girl, she tied a choker around her neck. "Now, just to wait for Shinji."

- - - - -

~* End Of Chapter Six *~

This sucks. I'm trying to find the NGE sound tracks, but everywhere I go, there isn't any : ( so now, I'm stuck listening to the Sonic Adventure Soundtrack and Pokemon: Revelation-Lugia Movie Soundtrack. Anyway for those who review, thank you. It makes me feel appreciated, although I wrote this mainly for my own interest. But I STILL need names for Ikari, or I might not be able to get on with the pretty much further chapters of this fic, so I beg you! Please help the poor clueless author. Thank you for reading. Bye!