Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Together Forever ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together Forever

Disclaimer: I do not own Evangelion. It belongs to Gainax, and they did a poor job of ending the story: / I really want them to create a better ending...anyway, I've written this story, `cos I've got absolutely nothing better to do. I'll be using sections from both the manga and the series, so if you have any problem, please refer to them. I'm also using several songs in my fic, and I also do not own them. Now I'll get on with the story: )

Chapter 5

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For: This story is dedicated to my friends, Rainbow, Erf, Sividas, Sweety-Tweety, LadyDragoness, ^AussiLady and many other friends who have helped me in this story in any ways possible, from supporting me during the exams and write-up, to helping me get ideas for the story. Thanks Guys!

- - - - -

"So...what to do for baka and the do-Rei?" Asuka asked herself, tapping her cheek with a finger, while chiding herself. `I've really gotta learn to stop calling Rei a doll. After all, she really does have feelings.'

"Tadaima!" Misato called, as she came back home from work. She was exhausted from working overnight, getting ready for Shinji's anniversary.

"Welcome back, Misato-san!" Asuka greeted, and quickly returned to her task at hand. "This...nah...(flip) what about this one? No...more suitable for that stupid jock..."

"Whatcha doing, Asuka?" Misato asked from the kitchen, retrieving a can of her beloved Yebisu beer.

"I'm trying to get something for baka and Rei," she answered, flipping over the page of her magazine. "This looks nice...no. Rei doesn't like red of any kind..." Asuka looked up at the sound of choking and coughing.

"Cough! Cough! Gag!" Misato was desperately coughing to get rid of the beer in her windpipe. It was a huge miracle for Asuka to stop calling Rei a doll or Wondergirl, but to get something for the two people she hated her guts out was... was like the end of the world.

"Any ideas, Misato-san?" Asuka asked, totally ignoring the fact that her guardian was staring at her with eyes which could rival a fly's eye ratio to it's body, and an unhinged jaw.

"A-are you alright, Asuka?" Misato couldn't believe her ears. She wonder if this was an after effect of being in a come for so long.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm feeling great. Why?"

"You don't seem to be acting like yourself today. What's happened?" Misato asked. Then she realized something. "Is it for Shinji's anniversary?"

"Anniversary? What anniversary?" Asuka looked up, focusing on Misato.

"Shinji's been here almost one year already. His anniversary is three days away."

"Hmm... that'll work to my advantage," Asuka said. "And no. I didn't know anything about that."

"Then why are you doing it?" Misato looked at her strangely.

"Oh...nothing. just that I believe that Shinji and Rei have feelings for each other. I think that they're just too gutless to admit it, though," Asuka explained.

"You mean Shinji-kun? Baka hentai Shinji? Pilot of unit 01? The third child? Son of..." Misato trailed.

"Yes! The one and only invincible, spineless baka, Shinji Ikari," Asuka's answer sounded a little annoyed.

"And Rei Ayanami?" Misato asked incredulously. In her opinion, those two would never ever open up to anyone, and here they were, expressing their feelings such that Asuka could notice. `What's the world coming to?'

"Yes you baka!" Asuka cried. Then a small print in her magazine caught her eye. "Found it! Gotta go for a while Misato-san! See you later!" Asuka called and was gone in a matter of seconds.

PenPen then came out from it's fridge and looked at it's owner. "Do you know what happened to Asuka?" Misato asked him. He just stare with his owner, after the redhead teenager.

- - - - -

"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" Asuka hammered on Kensuke's door.

"I'm coming! Hold on!" Kensuke Aida yelled. He was just getting ready to make lunch when Asuka decided to call on him.

"Hello, Aida residence," he greeted as he opened the door. When he saw his visitor, he paled.

"Took you long enough, stooge. Now come along. We've got some business to settle. We've gotta get Suzuhara and then go over to Hikari's place," Asuka said, grabbing his shirt and started dragging him after her.

"Why didn't you go get Toji first? After all, he lives closer to ya," Kensuke whined. He was damned hungry.

Why she came for him first, she did not understand. She had simply followed what her body told her to do. She felt like seeing the four eyed otaku geek more... `What am I thinking. It must be because that stupid jock will be persuaded more easily with this moron.'

"What do you want anyway?" Kensuke proceeded to ask fearfully. He didn't want to be attacked by the girl.

"To help Shinji and Rei admit that they REALLY LIKE each other. Now move!" Asuka ordered.

"Yes ma'am," he yelped, and ran after her.

- - - - -

"I'll need all your help. Is that clear?" Asuka stood in the middle of Hikari's room.

"But what for?" Hikari asked.

"To get Shinji and Rei to admit that they like each other," Kensuke quickly answered.

"But what has it gotta do wit ya?" Toji asked.

Asuka and Kensuke felt veins popping out of their temples. Asuka because she felt that she was being insulted, and Kensuke because he felt that SHE was being insulted. Hikari looked at both of them strangely.

"I've decided to intervene, because those two have absolutely no guts to make the first move, stooge," Asuka yelled at Toji, making him hide behind Hikari.

"So how do you intend to go about doing it?" Hikari asked her best friend.

"Read this," Asuka said simply, and tossed the magazine on the table.

- - - - -

"Baka! It's eleven! Get up on your ass or I'm going to drag you around Tokyo-3 by your feet!" Asuka commanded.

"Why? I wanna sleep..." Shinji groaned. It has been six days since he had been appointed the fourth commander.

Being the assistant of Rei meant that he had to help her, while finishing off his own work. Thus, he had to burn the midnight oil, settling paperwork. Still, he enjoyed being in the company of Rei, as she had been, although they wouldn't tell each other. They had however, showed their `liking' for each other, by waiting for one another, if one finished earlier than the other.

Veins popped up from the second child's temple. "That's because I've arranged a date for you and Rei!!!" she yelled into his ear.

That got him straight out of bed. "What?! Why?!" he demanded.

"I know that the two of you really REALLY like each other, and that both of you just can't get enough spine to tell each other! Since you can't make the first move, I'll have to do it!"

Then, his gun caught his eye. `Holy shit! I mustn't let her see it!' "Ulp... I'll be ready in half an hour," he gulped.

"You better, or I'm going to force the other two stooges to pull you through the mall and get everything that you need! You're just lucky I've got everything prepared, with all expense paid. You should be thankful, third child," she growled, before stomping out of the room.

Shinji sighed and went to get ready.

- - - - -

`How should I tell Rei? I'm sure that Asuka's not told Rei of her plan yet... And how am I supposed to let Asuka know that I'm moving out?' Shinji thought nervously, as he put on his gun holster.

"Wonder if I have enough to get Rei a real nice present..." Shinji muttered to himself, counting his money. Then he saw Rei's picture. She was smiling in it. He grinned when he remembered the few times Rei had smile. Even though it was nicer than that of the picture, he was thankful. His father had given him this picture when he found out that Shinji did not have one. It was his first ever fatherly act since... forever.

"Your half hour is up, baka! Come out now!" Asuka's voice reverted from the living room.

"Alright already!" Shinji answered, as he slid his gun license( He kept it for sentimental value. It had Rei's signature on it ^_^ ) into his wallet, and tucked it into his back pocket before coming out.

"Yes Rei. The baka will pick you up at seven. He also requested that I go over to help you get ready. Didn't want anything to go wrong... What? Forty-five minutes? No problem. I'll be there in forty-five. See you later," Asuka replaced the phone as Shinji came out. He stared at her dumbstruck. Asuka was about to tell him off, when the door echoed the sound of knocking.

Bang Bang Ding Bang Dong Ding Bang Bang Bang Ding Dong Ding Dong

"Oh... someone get that door... I'm having a hangover..." Misato moaned from her room.

Asuka shook her head, as she went to answered the door. "Stop that you bakas!" Asuka screamed at the two visitors. "We're lucky that no one else lives near here!"

"You got the two of them to help me?" Shinji asked incredulously.

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you just now?" Asuka knock on his forehead.

"Hello Shinji. Ready ta be tortured?" Toji sniggered.

"Whatever. I've gotta go help Rei get ready. We'll meet at the rendezvous point later. See you Shinji. AND DON'T YOU DARE CHICKEN OUT!" Asuka yelled, before leaving the house.

"Lower your volume...! My head hurts..." Misato called out, unaware of what was going on.

"Okay. Now let's go!" Kensuke said, pushing Shinji out the door, and then lead the way.

- later (Much later) at the shopping mall -

"What about this one?" Kensuke asked, holding up a dark blue suit.

"Nah... I think dat this is better," Toji suggested, holding up a white suit.

"White? I'm not getting married, you know,' Shinji retorted, picking through the rack of suits.

Finally after much deliberating, the three finally decided on a sand coloured suit, a dark emerald dress shirt and a red tie.

"Go in and change. We wanna see how handsome you look," Toji teased.

"Can the two of you get off my back. You're annoying," Shinji rolled his eyes.

"Hey Shinji, can I talk to you about something?" Kensuke asked, entering the changing stall with Shinji.

"What do you want?" Shinji asked, hanging the suit on the hooks provided.

"I hacked into my father's files, and I've discovered something about a rumor of a third and fourth commander in NERV. Do you know anything?"

Shinji's blood froze in his veins. "N-no. I've not heard anything," he lied, taking his shirt off. He had been ordered to keep Rei and his ranks in NERV a secret.

"......" Kensuke stared at him.

Shinji noticed that, and questioned his friend. "What are you staring at?"

"W-why d-do you h-have a g-gun?" Kensuke stammered. "Your not going to kill, are you?"

`Fuck.' Shinji had totally forgotten about his gun. "Listen this is classified information. If you ever tell anyone about this gun... I'll have to erase you and your family. Is that clear?"

Kensuke nodded, nearly wetting his pants.

"But the main purpose of the gun is to keep me protected. My fat- the commander had received information from his sources that someone is out to kill me, and this gun has been issued to keep me protected, alright?"

Hearing this, Kensuke gave a sigh of relief. "Don't worry, Shinji. I swear that no one will know about this."

"You better," Shinji growled in a voice which would make his father proud.

"Eep. I'll go out first. Hurry up and change, alright?" Kensuke quickly exited the cubicle.

"Damn asshole," Shinji muttered, and went on to change into his suit.

- - - - -

~* End Of Chapter Five *~

Another chapter up. Hope you enjoyed it : ) I need help deciding on some names... names that can end with Ikari. For both boys and girls. Any ideas? Please read and review, while including the name, if possible. Ask your friends to help too. I'm to a japanese, so I'm not very sure about their names... ^.^'' I hope that you will assist me in making this story better. Thanks!