Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ World Conflict II: Evangelion ❯ Shamshiel/Screams ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I think I scared off too many readers for my second chapter's summary on mediaminer. Anyway, yeah, I know you people are probably asking, "What was up with that 'WHASSUP MY NIGGA!?' thing? That was just stupid and random." Yeah, it was stupid. But the only thing I find stupid about it is that every black person I know says it. It's supposed to be an insult, you dumbass, not a greeting. If you'd like to hear more thoughts on my little rant about it, check out my site's "Credits" page. YAY! NO MORE RANTS! By the way, some of you may be wondering, "They're Japanese. How do they understand that song?!" Let's just say I sang it in Japanese, okay? By the way, the song in the last chapter was "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet.
This week's quote: [Butthead] "#1, I order you to go take a #2!" [Beavis] "AYE AYE, CAPEETAHN!" (kill yourself if you don't know this one.... commercial on G4TechTV, found by ME!)

======================================================================== ======================
(It has been 3 weeks since Sachiel, the third Angel's attack on the city. Keep this in mind!)

Zakku was laying there on his side, his wings expanded; Zakku doesn't like taking his medication. "Zack, time to wake up!" Ian said, shaking his friend. No response. "I hated to do this, man!" Ian said, putting earplugs in his ears and sunglasses on. He pulled a stun grenade from his belt. "Fire in the hole," Ian said, grinning as he pulled the pin out and tossed it in the far corner in the room. Zakku, trying to block out all the distractions from his sleep (mind you, people move in their sleep, or I atleast I do), put a pillow over his head. A loud bang like a bomb going off and a bright flash occurred, making the boy literally jump off his bed. "AGHHHHHHH!" Zakku screamed, then slammed onto the floor on his stomach. Ian burst out laughing, "Oh my god! Sorry, man! I had to.... I had to wake you up!"

"Why you son of a...!" Zakku yelled, getting up. Ian looked at him and screamed like a little girl, then ran out the door and down the hall. Zakku gave chase, "GET BACK HERE, YOU SHITHEAD!" One of the technicians was walking down the hall as he ran past him laughed, "Shithead?" Ian and Zakku were soon at the bridge, where Ian hid behind a desk a girl was working at. "Help me!" The girl looked at Zakku, then back to Ian. "Okay... YOU, don't use me as a barrier and YOU! PUT A SHIRT ON!" Zakku looked down at the girl, then Ian, then walked off, grumbling. Zakku was looking down at the ground and walked into someone. "Move it you fucking....ass....hole? Eh heh heh heh.... Hey, Robert! Buddy! How are.... you? RUN AWAY!" Zakku yelled, running from the brown-haired, green-eyed boy running after him with two katanas drawn. "GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he yelled, swinging at the boy as he got close enough. "Nice! You got a change of clothes! You look much better out of that samurai outfit! AGHH!" Zakku screamed like a little girl as a feather came off his wings.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Zakku screamed, running by the bridge again. Ian and Amber, who was now standing beside Ian, both watched as he ran by the doorway, with Robert giving chase. "Hi Amber, bye Amber!" Zakku yelled, and almost lost his wing from a vertical slash by Robert. "Did Zack just run by screaming like a little girl with Robert trying to kill him with those old katanas?" Amber asked, looking at Ian, who was still hiding behind the desk, "And come out of there. And stop looking up that girl's skirt!" The girl sitting at the technician's desk glared at Ian, then kicked him in the face. "Ow!" Ian yelled, holding his nose, which was now bleeding. "How can you still be mad!?" Zakku yelled, running by the doorway again. "You nearly killed us, you stupid bastard!" Robert yelled, running by the doorway.

"Not my fault Castilla was hiding something!" Zakku yelled, running by the doorway again, only to run in and pounce Ian, "C'MERE, YOU FUCKER!" And with that, Zakku began strangling and punching Ian in the face. Robert ran through the doorway, panting. "You have too much energy, damn it! Hi, Amber! How are you and Vincent?" Robert said tiredly, falling into a nearby chair. "Other than you trying to kill Zack here, it's been rather uneventful," Anba said, dragging Zakku off Ian, who was spitting blood. "Teach you to wake me with one of those flash-bangs! LET GO OF ME, DAMN IT!" Zakku yelled, squirming like a little kid. "Oi... You have to get to school! You have to teach, remember? I heard you were really warming up to Rei, too! Wait til Avira finds out!" Anba said, grinning mischeivously. "I think she's interesting. And you wouldn't dare! She'd probably go ballistic and try to castrate me with one of Robert's butter knives! AGH! WATCH IT WITH THAT!" Zakku yelled, dodging a strike by Robert.

"You're lucky I have orders to assist you instead of kill you. By the way, Aaron's here, too. And Castilla. She's with the baby," Robert sighed, closing his eyes. "Let me guess, you haven't had a decent night's sleep since the thing was born?" Anba and Zakku said at the same time. "Nope. Now c'mere!" Robert said, trying to take Zakku's head off, who ducked. "What's your problem!? It was over a year ago! AGHHHHH! RUN AWAY! Oh! Hi, Castilla! Please get your husband off of me!" Zakku yelled, running behind her. "Get away from me before I castrate you," Castilla growled, glaring down at Zakku. Zakku backed away, "Okay.... well.... bye!" With that, he ran to the docking bay, getting his motorcycle ready to get dropped off.

- - -
"What an unfamiliar ceiling," Shinji said, laying in bed. Then he looked at the clock, and saw he needed to get up for school. "Might as well get dressed, I suppose. I wonder if the teacher will be in today," he said, getting dressed. He walked out the door, not giving a second glance to the cellular phone sitting on his desk. Shinji opened the door to Misato's room, "Uh, Misato, shouldn't you get ready for work?" Misato waved him away without coming out from under the blankets. "I just came home from the night shift. I don't have to go back 'til this evening so PLEASE let me go back to sleep." Shinji sighed, "Alright. I'm going to school now. 'Bye!" A few seconds after he left, the phone rang. Misato sleepily reached for the phone and picked it up, putting it to her ear.

"HellO?" Misato said tiredly. "Hello, Misato. I just got a very strange call from someone saying that an Angel will attack today. I don't know if it was your 'friend', but we should be on our toes," Ritsuko said over the phone. "You've gotta be kidding me. It must have been a prank. I have to admit that I had a few beers before it all happened, so I don't know if I was drunk," Misato said, yawning. "I don't think so. Remember that we got reports of that huge ship in orbit over Japan? I think that kid might be from that ship," Ritsuko said. "Well then, what do you want me to do about it? If he really is an Angel, we aren't going to be able to just shoot him. Then there's the problem that the EVAs are too large to fight him. He could even hide in the shelters with other people, since he looks human!" Misato said, getting rather impatient and irritated.

"Anyway, how is Shinji doing?" Ritsuko asked, trying to get the Angel topic off. "He's a little startled by what's happened. He seems lonely, though. I figured he might need a way to contact friends easily, so I gave him a cellular phone. I don't think he's gotten or made a single call the entire 3 weeks!" Misato said, sighing. "Well, Shinji doesn't strike me as a person who makes friends easily. Anyway, we'll be trying to make contact with the orbital ship. I'll let you know when we manage to talk to them," Ritsuko said, then hung up. "Ugh... There's just too much going on at once," Misato said, putting the phone down and going to sleep.

- - -
Shinji walked into the room to see a few of his classmates waiting for homeroom to start. Shinji froze when he saw Zakku grinning at him as he walked toward him. "What are you so scared of? Oh, and try not to make a scene. Like I said, I'm on your side!" Zakku said, then walked away and sat on his desk. Shinji stood there for a moment, still frightened. "Please move from the doorway. I can't get through," Rei said suddenly, making Shinji jump. "Sorry!" Shinji said, moving out of the way. "Oh! Hello, Rei!" Zakku said, waving. Rei stopped and bowed, giving Zakku a view that he wouldn't mind getting again. "Good morning, sensei," Rei said quietly, then walked to her desk and sat down. "Please don't call me that. You make me feel old. Need to keep up my charming good looks," Zakku said, grinning and rubbing his chin.

"Like you could ever get a date!" a male student named Ryo yelled. "Haha! Very funny, Ryo! Shut up and sit down!" Zakku said, making a gesture with his head, "You too, Shinji." Kensuke was fooling around with his camera, making plane noises as he played with his model airplane. "Hey, Kensuke! Have you seen Touji around?" Hikari asked. "No. He's been absent ever since that robot incident," Kensuke said, looking up at her from his seat. "Did someone call my name?" a familiar voice said. Kensuke and Hikari turned to see Touji walking towards them. "Hey, Touji! How come you've been out from school for so long?" Kensuke asked, putting his model and video camera down.

"Mari got hurt in the incident," Touji said, sitting down with one leg folded, his hands gripping it. "How'd that happen?" Kensuke asked. "She was in a building that collapsed. She tried to get out, but she got caught under the rubble," Touji said, tightening his grip on his leg, "That robot's pilot is so stupid! How could he just destroy the city like that!?" None of them said anything at first, or atleast until Kensuke spoke up. "Hey, did you hear the rumor about the new kid?" Kensuke asked. "What new kid?" Touji asked, raising a brow slightly. "Him," Kensuke said, looking at Shinji, "He transferred here right after the incident. Rumors are saying that he was the pilot of that thing."

Chimes rang. "Alright, everyone, into your seats!" Hikari said. A few students walked in and Zakku hopped off his desk. "Rise! Bow! Sit!" Hikari shouted. Everyone did as they were told. "Okay, y'know what? No more bowing! Yes, I know it's a sign of respect, but I can see down all your shirts. Can't say that I mind getting such a nice treat everyday, but-- OH CRAP!" Zakku yelled, ducking behind his desk as some of the girls started throwing things at him while some of the boys laughed. "Hey! Cut that out, guys!" Hikari said, then ducked a tissue box. The box bounced off Zakku's desk and hit the floor behind it. "...Who the hell throws a tissue box at the guy who looked down her shirt?" Zakku said, standing up with it in his hand. An auburn-haired girl ran forward, blushing as she took it, then ran back.

"...And with that done, children! What are we--" Zakku started, stopping when he saw Shinji's headphones on. Zakku picked up the yardstick and smacked the headphones off, then hit the desk as hard as he could to make a loud bang, causing the boy to jump. "When I speak, you listen. Yeah, I know I'm your age and I'm supposed to be friendly, perverted and maybe even grabbing a few asses... Don't give me that look!" Zakku said as he got a few glares from some of the girls. The door to the classroom slid open and Maki, or "Make-Up Girl", walked through the door. "Do you have an excuse for being late?" Zakku asked, looking at her. "I was too busy getting for school, so I didn't notice what time it was," Maki said, sitting down. A few moments of silence passed, Zakku not moving at all. "You've got a detention," he said, glaring at her. "What!? What for!?" Maki said. "For lying to me," Zakku said. "I didn't l--" Maki started. "A week's of detentions for talking back," Zakku said, turning away as he tried to hide his grin.

"Why, you li--" Maki started before Zakku burst out laughing. "Chill out. I was kidding. No detentions for anybody unless you REALLY piss me off!" Zakku said. "Mr. Duarte, when are you going to start the lesson?" Rei said, drawing looks from everyone. "Oh! Right!" Zakku said, chuckling nervously and turning to the board, "SO! What do we learn about today? Any ideas?"
- - -
"He hasn't changed a bit," Robert said, shaking his head. "No, he hasn't... You haven't forgiven him for what he did to me, have you?" Castilla said, kissing Seras on the head. "Am I supposed to? He put a gun to your head!" Robert said, turning away from the screen, which showed Zakku as he was teaching. "Incoming message. Sender unknown. Origin: NERV HQ," the computer sounded off. "Put it through," Robert sighed, turning back to the screen. Kouzou Fuyutski's face appeared on a screen that appeared on the bridge. Beside him sat Gendou Ikari. Kouzou was an old man. Obviously, his hair was becoming gray and his skin was starting to get wrinkles. He stood beside Gendou, wearing a black military shirt and slacks to match. He said something in a language Robert thought was Japanese, which he didn't understand one bit.

"Computer, please activate the translator!" Castilla said, grinning at her husband. "Don't say a word," Robert growled, which she laughed at and walked off. "Who the hell are you and what do you want?" Robert said, looking back at Fuyutski and Gendou. "We should be asking you that. One of your people is an angel and currently teaching the EVAs' pilots. We would like to know why an angel is working alongside a group of humans. Unless there is something going on that we don't know of?" Fuyutski asked. "You've got to be pretty stupid to ask a question like that. Zack isn't really an angel. And if he is, it doesn't matter anyway since he was once human. I doubt he's going to start killing anyone unless he goes through us. Now if you'll exc--" Robert stopped when Gendou spoke up. "I want to meet with the boy. You don't know for sure if he is really on your side. We'll contact you again," Gendou said, then looked at Fuyutski in the corner of his eyes. "Close communication link," Fuyutski said.

"Communication link closed," Shigeru Aoba sounded. "Do you really think it would be wise to try to meet with a boy like that? He may be hoping for this chance," Fuyutski asked, looking down at Gendou. "You'll see. Everything will go according to plan," Gendou said, grinning slightly.
- - -
Shinji flew back and landed on the ground as Touji's punch connected with his cheek. "Sorry about that. I just had to hit you to vent out my own anger," Touji said, cracking his knuckles. "He's pretty mean, isn't he? His sister was hurt during that fight with your giant robot," Kensuke said. Touji and Kensuke began walking off when Shinji spoke up. "I didn't want to; they made me pilot the stupid thing," Shinji said, rubbing his cheek. Touji turned around and half-walked, half-ran to Shinji and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up. Shinji avoided his glance, earning him another punch. "MR. SUZUHARA!" an angry voice yelled. The boys turned to see a rather angry Zakku walking towards them, Rei in tow. "Much as I like to see a good street fight now and then, now isn't the time. Now either get out of my sight right now or I'll give you such a beating you'll wish I'd killed you. Understand!?" Zakku yelled, grabbing Touji, who was easily 5 inches taller than him. Still, Touji nodded and Zakku pushed him away.

"Shinji!" Zakku said loudly, causing the boy to jump. "Y-yes?" Shinji said, slightly afraid. "Let's go! We have to get you to the base! Rei, you can ride in the side-cart. Move it!" Zakku said, running off. "It would be best for us to follow the teacher's orders," Rei said, running after him. Touji and Kensuke walked off as Shinji got up, leaving him to run to the parking lot. He walked instead, trying to think. A small whistle like a sports bike at high speed slowing down made Shinji look up. "Get on the fucking bike before I run you over!" Zakku yelled, tossing his helmet to the boy. He was once again wearing his jacket, which stood out from his "fellow student" look. "A-alright!" Shinji said, slightly frightened by the look on the boy's face. Shinji put the helmet on and sat behind Zakku, putting his arms around him.

"Alright, then! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!" Zakku yelled, burning his tires as he shot off towards NERV. "You are driving too fast," Rei said, looking up at Zakku. "What's that? Faster? Okay!" Zakku said, laughing. Shinji shook his head as he said it, then screamed as they accelerated.
- - -
"Angel detected!" Ibuki shouted, causing looks to be thrown in her direction, "T-there are two! One's off the coast and the other... is just outside the base!?" Gendou looked straight at the screen, which showed the purple beetle-like 4th angel, Shamshiel. "Sir? Security is going nuts about the angel bursting inside the base!" Aoba asked, looking behind him. "Let him in," Gendou said simply, looking at the screen. "I don't think that's wise. Contact Cpt. Katsuragi!" Fuyutski said. "Don't worry. He won't do anything foolish," Gendou said, his face not moving in the slightest as he continued to watch the Angel make its way to the inland.
- - -
Zakku stopped in front of the gate, where the guards were. "Let me through!" he growled. "You don't have permission to enter," one of the guards said. "Damn it.... you guys picked the wrong guy to fuck with!" Zakku said, then fell over and vomitted blood, his wings bursting forth, tearing his jacket and shirt to shreds. "Oh my g--" the guard started to shout before he was smashed against the wall. "Zakku, what the hell are you doing!?" Shinji yelled, taking the helmet off and tossing it aside. Rei got out of the side-cart and ran into the base. Zakku grabbed the remaining guard and threw him against the wall, splattering blood all along it. "Let's go, Shinji! We don't have time!" Zakku shouted, grabbing the boy and draggin him as he ran. "Let go of me!" Shinji yelled, freeing himself.

"...Fine! Just move!" Zakku yelled, running to the elevator leading to the Geofront. Shinji sighed and ran to the elevator.
- - -
Outside, Misato barely managed to avoid crashing into a motorcycle that some dumbass parked outside the entrance. She quickly got out of the car and ran to the elevator, pushing the call button.
- - -
"Contact McGowen and Marrero. We need to be on standby incase Ikari can't handle it," Shade said, watching over all the commotion on the bridge. "Yo! What's up, Shade?" Ian said, walking onto the bridge with Lucius behind him. "Hurry up and get suited. We need to get ready. I don't think Zack's friend can handle it alone," Shade said, then walked over to a computer that the young woman from earlier was using. "Finally! A field test!" Ian yelled, running off. "Hey! Wait up, commander!" Lucius yelled, running after him. Yuko sighed, shaking her head, "He didn't even notice me. Sometimes I wonder if he's homosexual." A few of the people laughed and went back to work.
- - -
"Damn it! GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Zakku shouted, blocking a punch from one of the guards and bending his elbow sideways, tearing the muscles and bone until the skin tore open, showing splinters of the bones. "Well, atleast Shinji isn't around to complain about it now," Zakku said, kicking the guard in the stomach and knocking him over, then walking down the hall towards the operations room. "Ikari! COME OUT AND PLAY!" he yelled, smashing the door open, setting off numerous alarms throughout the base. "Hold it right there!" a leader of a group of guards behind him said, pointing their pistols at the boy, who continued walking away from them. "I think that's enough," Gendou said, holding his hand out to the guards.

"Well, well, well.... if it isn't Gendou Ikari... So, how is she?" Zakku said, grinning as he made his way to the center of the room, looking at the giant screen. "How is who?" Fuyutski asked, raising a brow. "Well that isn't fair! How come you get the huge TV screen and I get a dinky 13 inch?" Zakku said, turning around and grinning up at Gendou, "Gendou knows who I'm talking about. Don't you, Gendou?" Gendou stared down at the boy with a look of indifference. "I'm talking about your wife. She's still around, isn't she? Used for a certain... hmm... Nevermind. I won't bring that up here," Zakku said, his grin growing wider, turning more sadistic with every passing moment. "What the hell are you doing here!?" a familiar voice yelled.

"Eh? Oh! Hi, Misato!" Zakku said, waving. "You say you're on our side, then pull a stunt like this!? With a friend like you, we won't need the Angels to kill us!" Misato yelled, punching him. Zakku stumbled backwards a few steps. "Well, SOMEONE has to be worse than the Angels or no one would save this world," Zakku said, straightening himself. "Incoming message from the ship in orbit!" Aoba said. "Put it through," Gendou said. Shade's face appeared on the screen, replacing the Angel. "Hello, Commander Ikari. My name is Shade and I am the commander of the Basroil, the ship that is in orbit. We're here to help you with the Angels. I believe Lieutenant Duarte has already made his way there?" Shade said. "Yes, he is here. However, I don't think your assistance will be needed. What country is your organization from?" Fuyutski asked.

"We aren't from this planet. Believe it or not, there is more than planet that can sustain life," Zakku said, folding his arms and looking at the ground. "Well, that would explain why there might be an extra angel," a voice said, causing everyone to turn to Ritsuko Akagi, who walked through the destroyed doors. "Stay away from me," Zakku said, stepping backwards. "What? Are you afraid of me?" Ritsuko said, smiling slightly. "If you want something to grin at, you should get rid of that huge mole first," Zakku said. A couple of laughs came from the screen; some of the technicians on the Basroil had laughed at that. Shade shook his head, "Anyway, we'll be launching our own units this time incase your son can't handle it. And Zack..." Zakku looked at him, "What?" Shade shook his head, "You'll be working under Commander Ikari from now on. You seem very attached to the base."

"You can't just toss him to us!" Misato yelled. Ritsuko was staring at Zakku, which was unnerving for him. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?" he yelled. "The right side of your rib cage sticks out farther than the left side. It's not exactly normal for someone to have that," Ritsuko said. "...ARE YOU RETARDED!? I'VE GOT ANGEL WINGS AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT MY RIBS!?" Zakku yelled, then sighed, "Can I get a shirt?" Shade shook his head again, "Well... until the next time we speak, good-bye." Shade's face disappeared from the screen, leaving the Angel as the only source of attention. "I think it would be best if we ran some tests on this boy to make sure there's nothing wrong with him," Ritsuko said, making the boy back away. "NO! NO TESTS! NO NEEDLES! NO SCANNERS THAT CAUSE IMPOTENCE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Zakku said, backing away more. Misato just gave him an amused look.

"Alright! Shinji, are you ready?" Misato said. A screen showing Shinji in his entry plug popped up. "Y-yes," he replied softly, looking scared. "Go kick some ass! OUCH! DAMN IT! LET ME GO!" Zakku yelled as the guards restrained him and began dragging him away, Ritsuko in front of them. "HELP! KIDNAPPING!" Zakku yelled, squirming more. Misato sighed and shook put her hand on her head and shaking it, "Alright... Launch!" Shinji yelped as the Evangelion lurched as it shot upward. The purple Unit-01 walked out of the lift. "Shinji! Use this rifle I'm sending you!" Misato yelled. Sure enough, a large case with a rifle in it popped up out of the ground next to the EVA.

Unit-01 took it and pointed it forward, watching as the Shamshiel approached, its whips already extended. "Focus in the center and pull the switch. Focus in the center and pull the switch. Focus in the center and pull the switch!" Shinji said, firing everything he had at Shamshiel. Unfortunately, the only thing he hit it with was his smoke. Shamshiel launched one of its whips at Unit-01, which fell over. The whips only hit the rifle, chopping it into pieces. "Shinji! I'm sending you a new rifle! Take it!" Misato yelled. "Right!" Shinji said, grabbing the rifle from the case as he got up. He fired a hail of bullets, only to have that rifle also cut into pieces. He fell over on a hill with a shrine. Something caught his eye: Touji and Kensuke!

Shamshiel didn't care either way, throwing its whips at the Evangelion once more. Unit-01 grabbed the whips, holding them away from the two boys. "Need a little help?" a voice crackled over the communications link. Ian's face popped up on-screen, a grin on his face. A fifty-foot tall robot stood beside him, a gatling gun over the left shoulder and a small rocket launcher on the right. A strange device was on the left hand and a strange-looking assault rifle in the right. The head looked very "Gundam-ish". The legs were bent backwards like an AT-ST (the two legged walker thing from Star Wars). Ian's AC moved to the side of the Angel and slashed it with it's left hand, an energy sword coming out of it. "Leave my friend alone, you freak!" Ian yelled, slicing it again.

"Leave some for me!" a voice crackled. Lucius' face popped up on Shinji's screen. An orange mech landed.... er.... floated onto the ground. The head looked as though it were the bridge to a spaceship, the chest having two green orbs on it. Twin plasma cannons were mounted for it's arms, the shoulders holding twin rocket launchers. What replaced the legs was a jet-like anti-gravity device. Ian's AC sliced off the whips, then stabbed his sword into the core, killing the Angel. "Shade says to leave a corpse to study. Let's get out of here," Ian said, flying off with Lucius in tow, grumbling about not being able to fight.
- - -
"Alright. We're done, Zakku. You may go now," Ritsuko said. Zakku stood up and walked out of the office without saying a word. "Now to find Shinji," Zakku said, grinning slightly as he folded his wings around himself to act as a "shirt". Soon enough, Zakku found his way out and got on his motorcycle. By some miracle (or satanic mass-murder), the motorcycle had been left alone. Within 3 minutes, Zakku was at Shinji's door, knocking on it. Unfortunately, Misato answered the door. "I'm not here to put up with your crap, so keep your mouth shut. I want to talk to Shinji," Zakku said. Misato just stood there, slightly shocked. "Shinji! Zakku wants to talk to you!" she yelled. "Alright! Hold on," Shinji said, walking to the door. Misato gave a glare at Zakku behind Shinji's back, then left.

"I've got a question for you," Zakku said. "What is it?" Shinji asked, looking at him curiously. "It's a little early to ask, but I'm going to ask anyway. What do you think is worth fighting for?" Zakku asked. "What do you mean?" Shinji asked. "Why do you fight?" Zakku asked, staring right into his eyes. "...Because I'm told to," Shinji said, avoiding his piercing glance. Zakku sighed, "Nevermind. It was too early. I expect a decent reason by the time this is all over!" With that, he walked off. "Wait!" Shinji said. Zakku stopped and looked over his shoulder at the boy, "What?" he asked. "What do you think is worth fighting for?" Shinji asked. There was an unnerving silence until-- "I fight for the ones I love. I have a lover and I will do anything to protect. I want to be able to one day tell my children and maybe even my grandchildren how great I lived my life. To me, nothing is more important," Zakku said, then pressed the call button for the elevator.

"You'd better come up with a good reason to fight, Shinji, or I'm going to end up killing you. Remember that I'm an Angel. One day... One day, we will have to fight!" he said, then walked into the elevator. Shinji closed the door after that, wondering why he really fought. A peck in the shin made Shinji look down to see Pen-Pen. "I'll make you dinner," Shinji said, sighing.
- - -
"So, what was his reason?" Anba asked, handing Zakku another beer as she sat down at the table with Ian, Avira, Shade, Yuko and even Lucius. "He said it was because he was told to. With a reason like that... he's going to get himself killed," Zakku said, taking a sip of his drink. "Why do we let him drink again? He's got a fifteen year old body. He might get permanently damaged," Yuko said, looking at Zakku, who chugged the rest of it down. "Because he'll strangle someone if he has to when he wants some," Ian said, raising a brow at the young boy, who put his head on the table. "Well... I'd better take him to bed before he gets completely wasted.... Although, that WOULD let me do some things," Avira said thoughtfully, drawing stares at her from the whole table, "Just kidding! I wouldn't sleep with him when he's drunk. He might vomit on me or something."

"I would not. And I'm not drunk, damn it! Just tired. Ritsuko ran some rather painful tests on me. I STILL HATE THOSE SCANNERS! IMPOTENCE, MAN!" Zakku yelled, hitting his head on the table repeatedly. "I think you've had enough," Ian said, pulling him by his hair so he couldn't hit his head anymore. "McGowen's right. You'll need to do your job tomorrow. We're going to have to move you into a house down there anyway," Shade said. "I get to stay with Zack!" Avira said, kissing her boyfriend on the lips. "DON'T MAKE OUT HERE, DAMN IT!" Anba yelled, then started swearing in Japanese. "Try speaking English!" a voice rang. Everyone turned to Robert, who held a bottle of beer in his hand.

"Okay. Maybe I should go to bed. I'm starting to feel whoozy," Zakku said, leaning on Avira as she helped him back to his room. "So, how did everything go?" Robert asked. "You could DO something once in a while, y'know! All you ever do is go down to Earth with Castilla and the baby for joyrides. We're the only ones doing work," Yuko said, giving him a dirty look. "I'm here to make sure Zack doesn't screw up. We're supposed to kill him if he tries anything," Robert said, taking a sip of beer. "Then you can do it. I'm not going to kill him. Zack's one of my closest friends," Anba said. Ian nodded, "I won't do it either. If Castilla hadn't been holding out on us he wouldn't have done anything." Robert glared at him, "It's not her fault! Remember that if we don't follow orders we get thrown in prison or put to death! How the hell Zack managed to avoid Death Row is beyond me!"

"That's enough. Should Duarte go against orders, I won't stop you. Until that time, however, you WILL stay out of his way. Understand?" Shade said. Robert nodded. "Alrighty then! I'm off to bed," Ian said, getting up and walking away. "Yeah, let's all get to bed," Anba said, getting up. The others followed suit. Shade, however, had a report to make. He went to his office and sat at his desk, typing the report.

<<So far, the specimen has had only minor changes to behavior. No physical or ability changes.>>
- - -
Avira walked down the aisle in her wedding dress. She looked beautiful. Everything was going perfectly. Suddenly, a scream ran out. "HELP ME!" rang out. The image of a monster with 7 eyes flashed before him, the Lance of Longinus stabbing it into the cross which Lilith was crucified upon. "HELP ME!" she screamed. Zakku's eyes flew open and he sat up, sweating. "I'm going to go crazy eventually. Grow stronger, Shinji... If you don't... the Angels might win.... if I lose control," Zakku said quietly to himself, then looked to Avira, sleeping with a smile on her face.

"I love you," Zakku said in her ear, kissing her on the lips lightly before lying down and going to sleep.
======================================================================== ============
Well, that was fun! Next week I'll have a new chapter to this story as well as my old one. Yes, I PROMISE TO GET IT UPDATED! I won't be rewriting it, however, since so much of this story is based on what is going on in my last story. Anyway, guten tag!