Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ A Way Home ❯ A New look ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Nightwalker or any of its characters! I only own this plot.*
 
A Way Home
Chapter 4- A New Look
 
Shido led Riho to a near by tavern and got a room. They still had a few more hours until sunrise, so they sat and talked a few things over.
“Riho?”
“Yes, Mr. Shido?” She replied from her position by the window. She gazed at the stars in the quickly brightening sky of the night.
“Uh, how did we meet?”
There was a long pause, as Riho's frame seemed to sag visibly. She sighed and tiredly replied the answer to his question.
“Well, My parents were killed by a breed and you kind of took me in. I started working for you.”
“What do I do?”
“You, uh, are a private detective and hunt and destroy the breeds causing trouble.”
“Oh.” He sat pondering his next question. “Why did I turn you?” Riho fidgeted when he asked this.
“Cain had kidnapped me and you were helping someone at the time. You ran into Cain at the church and he had me. I guess he was trying to make a point to you and created a long gash in my chest and left me to die. I asked you to turn me and that night I took a vow to walk the same path as you and stay with you, for better or for worse, for all eternity.”
Shido sat in silence processing the information he had just received. He looked a little bummed and then spoke. “So, I am still with Cain?”
“No! You are with me.”
Shido breathed a sigh of relief. “I don't like the way he does things.”
Riho giggled softly. “Well, that's one thing that hasn't changed.” Shido smiled. The sun began to make its way slowly over the horizon. The sky was tinged in pink and orange and light rays began to filter through the window. Riho walked over to the window and quickly closed the drapes used for night travelers so they could sleep during the day.
“Well, I guess we should be getting to bed.” Riho stated. Shido had asked the tavern owner for no interruptions and that they did not want to be disturbed. The only problem they had was that there was only one bed.
“Uh, Riho?”
“Yes?” Riho said taking down her hair and removing her shoes.
“How are we going to sleep? There is only one bed.” Riho looked up at him and then the bed.
“Well, I guess we'll have to share it.” She shrugged. Shido's eyes widened at her remark. He had no problem with it of course, but he wasn't expecting her to suggest that. He expected her to demand he find somewhere else to sleep. He had done much worse in Cain's company and had no problem sharing a bed with her. He was to the bed and removed his shoes and vest and got into the bed. That left his pants and loose white shirt. Riho blew out the lamp and joined him in the bd. Shido was nervous for what reason he didn't know. He lay there and eventually her presence seemed to comfort him and he relaxed into a deep sleep.
88888888888888888 Sunset 88888888888888888
Shido stretched and slowly sat up and looked to the other side of the bed. There were rumpled sheets and a caved in pillow, but no Riho. She was gone! He looked up and saw her sitting at the little desk in the corner writing. He got up and walked over to her.
“What are you writing?” Riho jumped and looked over at him.
“Nothing. Just passing time.”
“I guess we should get you some clothes so you won't stand out as much.”
She looked at her clothes and remembered how everyone stared at her when they walked into the tavern. Some women whispered to each other. She nodded in agreement.
“OK, well let's go then!” Riho grabbed his hand and jumped to her feet and ran out of the room with Shido flapping in the breeze. When they were outside the tavern and in the dirt road, Riho let go of Shido's hand.
“So, now where to?” Shido looked around and started to walk away down the street. Riho quickly took off after him. Shido walked into a boutique with a big, fancy, frilly dress on display. Riho sweat dropped. Shido walked in and a woman in a forest green gown came out from behind a few dresses hanging on a wooden rack.
“Hello Madam. I am in need of a few dresses for my friend here.” The woman nodded with a smile and looked to Riho. Her eyes grew big as she looked over Riho's state of dress.
“Oh, Monsieur you didn't need to bring her in her undergarments!” Riho crossed her arms in a huff and blushed. She bit her tongue, keeping her retort in. it wasn't the woman's fault. She didn't know.
“I did not. These are her clothes. She was in a play at the tavern and she is still in costume. I apologize.” Shido stated calmly as he came up with the lie.
“My apologies.” The woman sincerely said.
The two nodded. “Now for those dresses. Follow me dear. Young man, you can have a seat on that stool right there.” She motioned to the stool near the dressing room and Shido nodded. She then turned and led Riho around the store showing her many dresses. Shido watched them with amusement. The woman would pluck a dress off the rack and show Riho and Riho would make a face and politely shake her head `no.' Riho was trying to look on her own, but the woman just wouldn't let her be. You could see the frustration clearly on her face, but the woman was oblivious to it. Shido stifled a laugh and it turned into a snort of amusement.
A few hours later, Riho had successfully found 4 dresses. The woman took out her measuring tape to measure her and take down her sizes and went into the back to adjust the dresses to fit.
“It will take me a day to finish them. You can come get them tomorrow.” Shido nodded.
“Do you have one she could wear now?” The woman nodded.
“Actually, it just so happens that one of then dresses she picked was in her size.” She ran in to the back to retrieve the said dress. “Now follow me. I'll help you change.” She led Riho to the dressing room and they both walked inside.
“There was the sound of a struggle and gasping hear from outside the dressing room. Inside Riho was struggling to breathe. The dress came with a corset and the woman was pulling the strings tight. She didn't like it. It was restricting and uncomfortable. The dress was slipped on after all the strings were tight and tied. The woman then proceeded to fix her hair. The woman pulled Riho's long hair into and elegant bun and then stepped back to see her work. She beamed, perfect.
Riho fiddled with the corset underneath the dress.
“Stop that dear. You're acting as if you've never worn one before. I do find the undergarments you were wearing quite unusual.
Riho flushed and didn't comment. The woman opened the door and she walked out. Riho walked out soon after pulling up her dress and petticoats a little so she wouldn't trip.
Shido stood up and walked over to her. He smiled. “I like it.” The woman beamed and walked to the back to start working on the other dresses.
“I'll leave the money on the counter!” Shido shouted to the backroom. He pulled out a few bills and placed them on the counter
Riho's eyes got big when she saw the money. “Mr. Shido! I can't let you pay for that!”
Shido smiled. “It's no big deal. Plus, do you have any money to pay for this?”
Riho dug through the pockets of her dress and pulled out ten dollars.
“Yes, but I don't think it would be a good idea to use it since it says it was made in 1992.”
Shido gasped. “Wow! You have 10 dollars? Are you rich?”
Riho blinked and then it dawned on her.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
A/N:
Hey peeps sorry for not updating in forever!! School just got out for the summer last week and I have been relaxing! I am just so glad exams are over!!! YEAHH!!! My computer is also currently hooked up to the TV, so I am typing this all up in front of my TV screen. Well, I will be trying to update more now and My Girl will be next on my list. I hope y'all have a great summer!!!
Inudemoness89