One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Where You'll Find Me ❯ New Sights and New Sounds ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or its characters. Tara belongs not to me but to Kurenai Yokomodo.

Ch. 3 New Sights and New Sounds


"I don't think they came with," Luffy said as he and Tara walked back over to the table, leaving the tray behind.

"Oh, well we need to find a way back, I bet they're freaking out by now."

"So it is ture! You did meet them!" Eric called as they sat down, he noticed how close Luffy sat to her.

"I told you that didn't I? Anyway, we still need a way back, do you think you can do that?" Tara asked.

"I'm pretty sure we can but it'll take some time for us to do it," Steve said. "I wonder what made you guys do that in the first place."

Lunch went by and they all agreed to meet at Tara's house after school, and she took Luffy to her remaining classes. No one asked her why he was following her and once school was over they headed home right away. Tara knew it would take a little time before they got there and so she showed Luffy around the house.

"Okay, this is my room," Tara said as they walked inside.

"Hey, I seen one of these before," he said as he ran over to the t.v.

"Really? Oh that's right. It's called a t.v."

"Cool, what does it do?" Luffy asked as he pushed buttons and hit the one that turned it on.

"That," Tara said as she watched him. "I'm going to make something to eat, do you want anything?"

"Yeah, I'll come with you."

They made their way down to the kitchen. Once their Luffy found a note on the counter.

Tara,

I'll be home late tonight, please keep the house clean. Don't let strangers in and turn on the outside light.

Luffy looked at the note for a minute while Tara took ice cream out from the freezer.

"Hey, you got a letter," he said as he handed Tara the note.

"Oh?"

Tara took the note and read it. Man, her mom was weird. She laughed and threw the paper away. She went back and dished out ice cream and put it away. She handed Luffy his bowl and then sat down and began eating. The phone rang moments later and Tara answered it. On the other line was Eric telling her that they couldn't make it. She sighed as she hung up the phone.

"What's wrong?" Luffy asked as Tara sat back down.

"Eric and the others can't make it over today, so we'll have to try tomorrow," she said as she picked up her bowl and placed it in the sink.

Night came and Tara did as the note from her mother had said. As of now she and Luffy were watching a movie, something she said that he would like. She was becoming tired and fell asleep on the couch. Luffy looked over and saw her hanging over the side, arms touching the floor. He laughed a bit and he got up and carried her to her room and laid her in the bed. He smiled as he watched her sleep. If he was going to go back home he wasn't going to leave without her. This time, he would make sure that she was with him and that it stayed that way. As he continued to watch she slowly began to wake up.

"What are you doing?" Tara asked as she sat up a little.

"Nothing," he replied.

"You can lay down you know, there's enough room for you."

"I'm not really that... tired, Luffy said through a yawn.

"Yes you are, you can't lie to me."

It was no use fighting, she would only win later on. So, Luffy did as told and crawled into bed and placed his hat on the desk. He turned to find Tara going back to sleep. He moved hair from her face and she opened her eyes again.

"What?" Tara asked as she looked at him.

"Nothing."

"No, you keep looking at me. What is it?"

"Nothing. Well, are you going to come back with me?"

Tara thought for a minute. If she left her mother would go nuts and probably be put into a hospital. Her friends would miss her a lot and wonder where she went. But of she stayed, well, she wasn't going to stay, it was just that easy.

"Of course I'm going back with you. Like I want to stay here anymore?" She said as she flicked him in the head.

Luffy laughed at her for that and punched her in the arm. In return she punched him back and that started a fight. Punches were thrown and kicks were kicked and in the end Tara ended up losing and found herself pinned to her own bed.

"You give up?" Luffy asked, smirk evident on his face.

"Yeah, I give up. You win, now can you get off of me now?" Tara replied as she stuggled underneith him.

"Don't I get something for winning?"

"Like what? A trophy?"

He just looked at her for a moment. He knew what he wanted and he thought that after a fight that he had won easily, that he deserved some sort of prize. He kissed her, catching her of gaurd, this was the prize he wanted. It took a minute for Tara register in her head and she found herself returning the kiss. She was surprised when she felt something warm run across her bottom lip. She gasped in her surprise and Luffy took this turn to slide his tongue inside her mouth, surprising her even more. Tara didn't know what to do but her mind took over and did whatever it wanted to. Moments later they broke away to catch their breath and to hear Tara's mother come up the stairs.

"Oh shit," Tara said sitting up. "My mom's home."

"Is that bad?" Luffy asked.

"Kinda. She doesn't know that you are here. So I have to hide you for tonight."

Luffy looked at her like she had grown a second head but nodded anyway.Tara quickly opened the closet door and pushed him inside. He knew that this would be a very uncomfortable night.