Onmyou Taisenki Fan Fiction ❯ Onmyou Taisenki: The Passing Seasons of Life ❯ Onmyou Taisenki: Spring Fever ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It was that time of year again; the birds were singing, the bees were buzzing, the flowers were in bloom, and one tiger shikigami was horny. This in its self was odd since Kogenta had never felt this way before. Being that the white tiger shikigami was a spirit thoughts of intercourse and mating were foreign to him. Kogenta had seen humans mate and couple before as well as other animals, being over a thousand had its advantages and disadvantages, but he never had felt this way before. It was hard to describe what Kogenta felt as the days grew longer and the energy of life buzzed around him. It was almost annoying the way he would wake up and stare down to see a half hard erection greet him. This, in his long history, had never happened before and it was starting to get tiring.
 
Of course the fact that his charge was a fourteen-year-old boy growing into manhood probably didn't help the situation. Contracts between shikigami and humans had a dual side effect, just as humans feel pain and lost at a shikigami's defeat in battle so do shikigami feel the emotions of their humans. While shikigami acted humane they were only elements of nature and mostly mimicked the personalities of their human partners, for the most part. Some shikigami did have their own individual likes and dislikes but in the end they acted mostly with personality traits one would think of with the passing seasons. Rangetsu for instance, was hot tempered like a summer's day while Kogenta being an Autumn season shikigami, was sometimes hot tempered and the other times cool and calm.
 
Not to say that being around humans for long periods of time only had short-term effects on shikigami, sometimes long-term contact with humans had long lasting effects. Such as one Byakko shikigami rising everyday with a hard on that wouldn't go away, no matter how much he tried to alleviate himself. It was really annoying to have to deal with this problem, thought it had only been going on for two weeks so far and it was starting to grate on Kogenta's nerves. But who could he really blame for this inconvenience, not the spring season and not one teenage human either. Not only would that be pointless but uncomfortable as well, Kogenta had never stuck around long with any one human and so far he was going for a record with Riku. And the more time Kogenta spent with the human boy the more certain foreign feelings were springing up within him.
 
Too say the least the brown haired teen was good company and getting better at cooking, as of late. The last probably had to do with Kogenta actually trying out his cooking and complementing Riku on the food he made. Seeing the young man's eye light up like a Christmas tree during the winter season, whenever Kogenta praised him, was embarrassing to the tiger shikigami but if it made the human happy… Thinking back, Kogenta actually had to smile to himself about the time he was spending with Riku and how he didn't mind so much just sharing the teenager's company and not having to fight ever other day. Shaking his head Kogenta got back on track with his earlier thoughts, he always seemed to drift when thinking about Riku in any way, shape, fashion or form.
 
Kogenta was on top of the apartment roof of the house Riku lived and was currently sunning in the mid morning light. The white tiger spirit's long and fluffy tail waved gently in the breeze while his golden bell chimed with every curl and flick his tail made. Kogenta was wearing his gray armor and red pants while he let the warmth of the day caress his blue and white fur. The tiger shikigami scowled to himself as he felt that uncomfortable urge well up within his body and course through his system, again. Not having a nervous system like a human or an animal made it hard for Kogenta to understand what he was feeling.
 
Never had the tiger shikigami felt so rambunctious and alive with repressed energy, usually a good fight was enough to expend any energy he had but Kogenta knew that a fight would not solve this problem. The feeling that stirred within him was like a current of energy that was dancing along every inch of his body and it never stayed in one area for long. The source of the energy he felt came from two places, his head and his groin. It was funny that even though Kogenta didn't need to mate he had male reproductive organs. The gods must have really had a sense of humor if they created a bunch of creatures that didn't need to mate with organs to mate with.
 
Kogenta didn't bother to think about the workings of the heavenly beings that created him and the others as the energy inside his body started to grow the longer the day went on. It did not help the situation Kogenta was dealing with that his partner was down below in a thin shirt that showed off his developing chest, a pair of shorts that revealed smooth thighs and a pair of sandals that made his cute little feet wiggle in the cool breeze.
 
Riku was something to behold as he sweep the front of the walkway an ever-cheerful smile on his face as he hummed some tune only he could hear. The boy was one of a kind and it made Kogenta wonder if he was behind the mysterious sense of heat he was feeling. The teen never complained of this kind of problem before but then again Riku almost never complained, no matter what was bothering him. It made the tiger feel ashamed that his partner and friend would suffer alone in silence but that was the kind of person Riku was. He never burdened others with his problems and just took on the blunt of things by himself. Kogenta had told the teen time and again that if something was bothering him to tell the tiger shikigmai but Riku wasn't the king to let others worry and so the white Byakko ended up worrying anyway.
 
Not that this problem was a bad thing it was just so annoying… And beside what could Kogenta really do to help the young man with a hard on, it wasn't like he and Riku could… Shaking his head again Kogenta felt a blush settle in on his cheeks and he had to wipe a hand over face to get rid of it. It would have been really awkward to have Riku look at him with his face completely red and the white tiger spirit thinking about pulling Riku down and…
 
`Not again…' Kogenta thought while shaking his head and punching himself against the head
 
As if sensing Kogenta's presence, the violet eyed boy looked up and smiled to the tiger shikigami before returning to cleaning. The small gesture from Riku sent a sharp burst of fire throughout Kogenta and it traveled across his body towards his groin and then back before the energy subsided to the tiger shikigami's chest and then rested there. Kogenta never experienced such feelings before and it was wearing on his already short patience, as the feeling got stronger and more demanding. Kogenta was never known for his control but as the heat became overwhelming Kogenta had to hold back from doing something he would later regret. Riku was young and innocent and probably not even aware of what Kogenta was feeling so approaching the boy was not an option but there really was no one else.
 
“Kogenta! Hey Kogenta!” a loud voiced chirped out.
 
Looking down Kogenta saw that Riku was looking up at him with a worried expression but before the tiger shikigami could wonder the look was gone and Riku had his gentle smile on his lips. Kogenta felt a rising blush stain his furry cheeks but shook his head before he scowled down to his partner.
 
“What do you want Riku?” Kogenta asked while keeping his body in check.
 
“I plan to do some things away from the house today, do you want to come with me?” Riku asked cutely taking little mind to the tiger's curt response
 
Kogenta felt the blush come over his face even quicker as he looked at the innocent Riku gazing up to him. His tanned throat seemed to just beg for attention and the boy's licked his lips quickly as they dried in the humidity. The small pink muscle laved over Riku's full lips before disappearing inside of his mouth and every part of Kogenta screamed out to pounce on the young man. It was his fierce pride and even greater ego that kept Kogenta from acting on his inner thoughts.
 
Kogenta hopped off of the roof and landed in front of Riku and the move put the tiger shikigami before Riku's developing body and the scent of his male sweat and pheromones hit Kogenta full force. The smell of Riku fresh from doing his chores in the afternoon sun excited Kogenta on a primal level he was unaware he ever had. A need rose up from somewhere within his body and demanded that Kogenta do things he didn't understand. Standing up with caution, because he wanted to leap on the teen standing before him, Kogenta looked Riku in the eye and then closed his eyes half way. The tiger took in the sight of his human and then let out a small purr from deep with in his chest.
 
“Kogenta, are you feeling alright?” asked the young man while putting a hand out and stroking it across the white Byakko spirit's head
 
Shaking his head and relieving himself of his unconscious actions Kogenta steadied himself and crossed his arms over his chest. It was a clear sign to Riku that his partner was ready to leave and the brown haired teen pulled his hand back before he ran in the house and changed clothes. What Riku didn't know was that Kogenta's ruby eyes followed him all the way inside and didn't rise above the waistline. After Riku came back out he looked at Kogenta who seemed to be in a daze of sorts.
 
“Kogenta, are sure you're okay?” Riku worried called out to his friend as he waved a hand in front of the tiger shikigami's face.
 
“I'm fine, let's go already and hurry back.” Kogenta huffily said before walking away while returning to his spiritual form.
 
Riku made no effort to try to understand what was going on with his friend and thought that it was just one of Kogenta's normal moods. The now high school teen sighed and made his way from his house down the street, but not before praying to shrine per usual. Kogenta floated gently beside his human partner and watched him from the corner of his eyes and tried not to think about what Riku would fell like completely naked and writhing underneath him.
 
Riku strolled throughout the town as he picked up groceries he needed to cook for this week and a few things for the house, like floor wax and furniture polish. Kogenta watched as Riku paid for the groceries and left the market before heading down the street. Since it was the weekend and school was out Riku was able to do what he needed with time to spare. The young man walked through town and bought various items before he started to head back to his house but before he left the city Riku picked up one more thing. It was late when he returned and Riku set about putting the things away and summoning forth Kogenta.
 
“Kogenta, would you tell Souma that dinner will be ready soon?” asked Riku as he set about pulling out crockery and the likes.
 
The tiger shikigami huffed and went to the brat's room and yelled out for him. He had completely forgot that the kid was staying over to the house this weekend to get away from the business life he led. The twelve year old always felt safe over in Riku's house and the teenager was more than happy to have extra company over. Kogenta huffed to himself and then put his hand on the door to the bedroom Souma was staying in when a bunch of feathers was shoved in his mouth and were spat out with a hiss.
 
“What the hell was that for bird-brain?!” Kogenta snarled while raising his fist to look at the bird boy shikigami
 
“Quiet puss face Souma's sleeping right now so he won't be coming to eat tonight. He told me to tell you to tell Riku that and to not bother him for the rest of the day.” The avain shikigami said while keeping his voice low.
 
“What, he too good to eat Riku's food?!” Kogenta was strangely upset that Souma didn't want to eat after Riku went out and searched for what the brat liked.
 
“Since when do you like what Riku cooks?” The other shikigami asked while looking with a knowing stare.
 
“Never you mind! Fine, I'll tell Riku!” Kogenta stomped off as he hid his blushing face from the aerial shikigami.
 
Kogenta tried not to get too heated as he thought about his partner but everything about Riku set off a reaction inside of the tiger shikigami. All the while at the market Kogenta tried to be calm as he watched people eyeing his partner and it was his limited self-control that kept Kogenta from entering the physical world and lashing out against everyone. The human world was full of sick perverts and Kogenta had to fight not to hurt some of the humans that eyed his Riku. Some older men looked at Riku in ways that made the tiger shikigami ill and a few tried to slyly touch the boy. Of course Riku was unaware as always but it didn't stop Kogenta from doing what he could to protect his mate.
 
`MATE!!!!' the white tiger spirit screamed in his mind while looking to the kitchen where Riku was
 
That was the one word that kept popping into Kogenta's mind as he thought about Riku. The word really did fit from the tiger shikigami's point of view, especially when he analyzed the word against the relationship the two had. Mates looked out for one another, protected and provided for each other and that was exactly what Kogenta and Riku did for each other. The brown haired teen provided Kogenta with support and care, looking out for him and being there when the white Byakko shikigami needed him. On the other had Kogenta gave way for Riku's inner strength and protected the boy against those who would do him harm.
 
The tiger spirit wondered over his thoughts and didn't realize he had come into the kitchen and was staring at Riku. The high school boy was in his own world as he cooked some kind of vegetable stir-fry with some meat or another. Kogenta guessed that it was Ryuuji's influence that started Riku on a healthier path of eating. Something about vitamins and nutrients in the leafy plants that would make Riku stronger and healthier. Kogenta smirked as he put Ryuuji in his mental list of good guys, very few made it into that list and even previous contractors didn't make it in Kogenta's list. Kogenta gave a fang filled smirk as he watched Riku cook and hum while swaying to his own melody, the boy's body enticed Kogenta who felt his lions stir in want.
 
“Kogenta?” Riku turned around to look at his friend who staring at him with a very predatorily look on his face
 
“Kogenta are you all right?” the middle school boy walked up to the blue and white stripped shikigami and put a hand across his forehead
 
The fur on Kogenta's head was warm and felt sweaty underneath Riku's fingers so the boy looked to the tiger shikigami who was purring. Kogenta's ruby colored eyes were half closed and a subtle vibration was exiting the tiger shikigami's throat from his chest. It was startling for Riku to hear since Kogenta never purred; growled yes, purr no.
 
“Kogenta. Is there something wrong?” Riku asked with more worry in his voice as he looked to his best friend.
 
“Wha…? What happened?” questioned Kogenta while reorienting himself
 
“You were looking at me strangely so I felt your forehead and I think you have a fever. Maybe you should lie down for the rest of the night.” Riku backed away from Kogenta and looked over his best friend from head to toe, worry never leaving his face
 
“No. Thank you. I'll be okay. Oh yeah, Souma's asleep and won't be eating tonight.” Kogenta wanted to get upset at being treated like an invalid but the seeing Riku worry over him made all his anger float away
 
“Oh, really. Maybe a bug is going around. Well I'll make him something and he can eat it later. While I do that are you sure you don't want to lie down in my room, you can have the futon if you don't feel well.” Riku felt downcast that Souma might be ill and made a mental decision to see about the boy later on before returning to cooking. The young man looked to the stir-fry that was almost finished cooking and then returned to preparing dinner.
 
“No. I'll just…I'll just stay with you and we can eat together and then we can get some sleep.” Kogenta did not mean for his words to sound like they did but refused to correct himself.
 
A part of the tiger shikigami wanted to take Riku to bed and curl up to the boy with everything he was but his pride wouldn't allow such an embarrassing thing. But his pride was slowly loosing the fight as Kogenta felt waves of heat engulf him with every move Riku made and every breath he took. That lithe body taunting him, mesmerizing him and calling out for him to just pounce and ravish Riku was driving Kogenta up the wall and sooner or later…
 
Kogenta shook his head and then went to set Riku's and his place at the table before the brown haired teen was done cooking and setting down their meal. Riku ate in silence as he looked at Kogenta and the tiger shikigami tried real hard not to stare at his human. The white tiger instead looked around the house both he and Riku lived in and just noticed how small but very comfortable the place was. Without knowing it, Kogenta's gaze traveled back to Riku and the white Byakko stared at his partner and also noticed how much the teen had grown up. He was developing into a young man and it made Kogenta happy that he was able to be in the life of such a kind and caring person.
 
Once Riku was through eating he cleaned up and made a small plate for Souma that he put in the fridge along with a tall glass of fruit juice, Souma may act grown up but he was still a kid. Once Riku had finished setting things up he put the dishes away and went to Souma's room. He gently tapped on the boy's door and slowly the wood barrier gave way to reveal a boy wearing a bird mask.
 
“Hey, is Souma feeling alright?” Riku asked while trying to look into the dark room
 
“Yes he just needs his rest and will be fine by morning. Thank you for your concern Riku-sama.” Fusanoshin replied while standing like a sentry in the doorway
 
“I'm glad that Souma will be okay. Goodnight and tell Souma that I left him some dinner it in the fridge if he wants to eat later on.” Riku smiled and then moved away from the doorway to return to his own shikigami
 
“Arigato. I'll tell him when he wakes up.” the bird boy shikigami bowed to Riku and then closed the door as he turned back to his sleeping partner.
 
Riku looked to see Kogenta eyeing him with that unusual gleam in his ruby depths. The tiger shikigami had his arms crossed over his chest and his tail was writhing around like a snake with its head cut of. The golden bell rang out in a dark manner as Kogenta unconsciously made known his displeasure. Riku walked over to his best friend and smiled to him before offering his hand to Kogenta. The tiger shikigami was surprised and took the offered hand into his larger paw. Making sure his claws didn't prick Riku's hand Kogenta slowly raised himself from his position at the table to stand before his partner.
 
Kogenta and Riku looked into each other's eyes as they came eye to eye with each other. Riku came to realize that Kogenta was much more intimidating when he stared the tiger shikigami in the eye. Though Riku had no fear of the Kogenta ever hurting him the teen still felt a tingle of awe radiate through his body from being so close to such an imposing creature. Kogenta could cut down demons and even crush object with minimal force and the thought that he had made friends with such a creature really made him think about the tiger shikigami.
 
Kogenta had changed from when they had first met, he was still hostile and loud and foul mouthed but the tiger seemed to have calmed from his raging inferno of a self into a gentle storm. Kogenta was still as furious as when they had first met but the power that came from him no longer seemed to flood from Riku's body as it first had. When they had first met Riku was more than afraid of the tiger shikigami but over time that fear gave way to something that had become what it was now.
 
Riku smiled at Kogenta and then walked into the room he and his grandfather had shared but since the old man was still on his journey it belonged to Riku. The middle school boy went about and changed into his night clothing and then looked to Kogenta who was purring again. Riku shook his head and then reached for his `Drive' and then turned back to his best friend.
 
“Kogenta. Ready to call it a day.” Riku asked while he held the `Drive' up to Kogenta who looked at the device as if it were acid.
 
“Riku. I want to sleep outside of the `Drive' tonight. I…I want to sleep beside you.” Kogenta tried to say without pausing on his words or making them come out like a come on
 
Riku smiled and put the device on his clothes by the bed and then sat down on the quilted futon before he patted an empty space beside himself. Kogenta gave a feline smirk as he walked over to his friend and then plopped down right next to him. The two were so close that the warm breathing from Riku tickled Kogenta's face and made his tail wave lazily. Riku smiled as he looked at the golden bell on Kogenta's tail and then reached out toward the tiger shikigami.
 
At first Kogenta didn't understand what Riku was doing but when the boy undid the shoulder pads and then the gray breastplate the tiger shikigami realized that the human was undressing him. The armor was casually set aside next to the futon and then Riku reached for the rope belt that rested on the tiger shikigami's waist. When the brown haired teen pulled the belt from around Kogenta and tossed it aside the tiger shikigami's red pants fell down to Kogenta's legs to reveal Kogenta in all of his glory. Riku blushed when he saw that Kogenta wore no under garments and the tiger shikigami was half hard and throbbing.
 
The boy started to stammer something but Kogenta gave his cat like grin and then raised himself up and removed his pants from his ankles. Once the blue and white-stripped shikigami was fully nude he looked at Riku and pulled his partner into his furry body. Since it was so warm tonight Riku didn't bother to wear a t-shirt and the mesh of fur and flesh made both of them shiver. Kogenta laid himself down while pulling Riku with him and deeper into his tightly packed chest. The high school teen rested his head on Kogenta's furry shoulder and curled into the tiger shikigami's warm body before he closed his eyes. The lull of Kogenta's purr calmed Riku's senses and soon the brown haired teen fell into darkness with the feeling of being safe reassuring Riku that nothing would harm him.
 
Kogenta looked at his partner and then sighed as the weight of the human boy settled fully onto him. The even breathing told him that Riku was sleeping peacefully and Kogenta made sure that nothing would harm his human as he pulled the boy even closer and closed his ruby eyes.