Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Will We Be ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Will We Be

Prologue:
“Darkness slowly engulfed the blue sky,
The very hint of life that still exist,
Now gone from the very eyes,
With fear in their hearts they persist,
What more could one do when chaos reign the land.

Bloodshed seen with eyes of innocence,
Stained hands that can never be wash,
Tears that is blind by ignorance,
When will a helping hand wipe away the past?

Within the hollow darkness a star shine,
Blinding the tears away,
Another star came and help put the past behind,
Two stars reached a hand out and took the pain away.

Darkness slowly dissolved away,
Each of the stars went their own way.”

Closing the book to the History of Gindarh, the King looked down to his son. Although the king was in his mid-thirties, he still looks very handsome. His cool brown eyes twinkle as his son jumped off his lap. The prince had just turned four yesterday, and he was very happy that one day he would grow up to be just like his father.
“Edward, come here. I have something to tell you.” The King stood up and his armor clang as he walked to the door.
Edward followed his father as his father lead him through many corridors. They quickly came to the magic area of the castle. Edward’s little heart pounded, as he knew what was going to happen.
The King smiled and extended his right hand to Edward, “Edward, come here…”
Edward took a hold of his father’s hand as his father opened a door that lead to another room. Once they were inside a mage came quickly to the King’s side.
“Your Majesty, we have prepared the Bath as you have said.”
The King nodded his head not taking his eyes off of the window that displayed a beautiful night filled with stars.
“Father, I am going to get the Bath right now?”
Little Edward tug his father’s huge hands. Turing his gaze from the window, the King smile down at Edward.
Edward looked many ways just like his father. He had his father’s star white hair, and bright brown eyes that twinkle. However, his smile was as bright and beautiful just like his mother.
Going down to his left knee, the King stared straight into Edward’s eyes.
“Yes, and after that you will be able to protect Gindarh just like me.”
Little Edward smiled and started for the Bath, but the king held him back.
“Careful now Edward, you don’t want to hurt yourself before even taking the Bath.”
Nodding his head, Edward turned towards the Bath. It was a huge fountain with a huge rock right in the middle of it. Water flew out of the top of the rock and fell into the fountain.
Another mage and a wizard accompanied the mage now, as the King told them to start the Bath.
They took off Edward’s shirt and left his pants on. They guided Edward to the fountain and made sure none of their clothes or their skin touched the water.
“YOUR MAJESTY, ARE YOU IN HERE?”
A knight burst into the room and everyone turn around forgetting what they were about to do.
“I’m sorry Your Majesty, but there–“
The King brought his hand up to silence the knight, and nodded his head.
“Go to the Throne Room and what for me. I’ll be right with you.”
The knight lowered his head to the King, turned around, and ran out.
After a while, the King turn around too, and looked at Edward, “You continue on with this Bath. I promise I will be back.”
The King looked into Edward’s eyes and then to the others in the room. Then he turned around and left.
Edward stared at his Father’s back as he went out. Edward felt an uneasy feeling, and wanted to cry.
“Prince Edward, please enter the fountain now. You will take your Bath.”
The wizard leads Edward there and helped place Edward in the water. The water was warm and relaxing and Edward forgot about his uneasy feeling. Soon he smelled an aroma that he couldn’t but words to.
“Something smells very nice.” Edward relaxed.
The wizard nodded his head and so did the other two mages.
“Yes, he is going to be a magic user. His scent is Relaxing. It’s odd, because only one person had ever had this scent before.” The wizard placed his hands into his brown bag beside him, and took out a piece of metal.
“What are you doing?” Edward looked up at the wizard with confusion.
“Prince Edward, I am going to engrave your scent into this piece of metal. Then the true shape of your scent will appear and that will be your sign until you die.”